NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good girl or bad girl prom dress codes.

+2
eddie
Syl
6 posters

Go down

Good girl or bad girl prom dress codes. Empty Good girl or bad girl prom dress codes.

Post by Syl Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:59 pm

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/lifestyle/style/this-florida-high-schools-prom-dress-code-psa-is-pretty-gross/ar-BBz1BWf?li=AAmiR2Z&ocid=spartanntp

"As if picking out a prom dress wasn't stressful enough, some students also have to reckon with sexist ideas of what's considered "appropriate" for their ages or bodies. The latest example of this comes from Jacksonville, Florida, where a school's dress code has gone viral for its characterization of what a "good girl" prom dress looks like."

Good girl or bad girl prom dress codes. 3EB96BF900000578-0-image-a-18_1490752606934

Is this good fashion advice or insulting to young women?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Good girl or bad girl prom dress codes. Empty Re: Good girl or bad girl prom dress codes.

Post by eddie Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:55 pm

The sexist dress is the "good girl" one anyway IMO but that's not the point of the thread obviously.

Hmmmm. I think it could've been worded better but again, it's simply telling people what they can and can't wear.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Good girl or bad girl prom dress codes. Empty Re: Good girl or bad girl prom dress codes.

Post by Syl Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:01 pm

I like the first dress better, but as for branding the other dresses 'bad girl' dresses, I think that's wrong.
What a girl wears doesn't make her good or bad....maybe the wording could have been...An acceptable dress for the prom...or....Not acceptable for this occasion.

In any case, having had my grandson attend THREE proms, taking three different girls, I know how much time, money and preparation goes into what they wear, apparently this notice was given out a week before the event, which will be heart breaking for some girls if their dress is a BAD GIRLS dress. Sad
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:29 pm

I like the third one with the deep bare back.

Proms are American, so is that another Americanism that's invaded Britain?
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:47 am

Idea

As magica said, this is happening over there in America...

And "proms" are an American institution, one that many other countries would be wise to avoid (although, to be fair, the "Deb' Balls" in many conservative/rural corners of Oz, NZ and Britain could come close at times..).

And this story did originate in Florida --  one of those odd little states that could be fenced off and treated as a country on its own.  They don't call it "God's Waiting Room" for no reason.         Wink
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:20 pm

I like the idea of proms, I know the students love them, though I expect they cause as much worry for some as they do pleasure for others.

The expense that some go to is mad....when grandson left college many of the parents had hired special vehicles to take them in....American police cars with sirens blazing was popular.
The cars lined up so they could be driven slowly up the road, then the student got out...and walked down a red carpet into the venue, to applause from the crowd who were watching, which was a bit over the top imo.

The last prom my gs went to, we just tarted up the car, put the top down and prayed it would stay fine. It did, and thanks to the full can of lacquer his girlfriend had used (on them both) she still looked lovely when she stepped out. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:49 pm

magica wrote:I like the third one with the deep bare back.

Like "trick or treat" at Hallowe'en? Happily, that one doesn't affect me...I live at the end of a long tree-lined drive with lots of nocturnal noises-off from barking deer and hungry foxes, and the costumed little buggers would have to walk past a very spooky old stable block before they could ring my door bell (and that would be after triggering off PIR security lights and surveillance cameras!).

And then they would meet my dog.........
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:39 am

l bought my Dogs Halloween Costumes after last Halloween (cheap)
now l've moved to the country I don't know If they will get to wear them

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:03 pm

Anyway, in my next life (cos I missed the prom this time round) I will be wearing something like this....obviously its a good girl dress, but its my sort of style so unfortunately I will have to be boring.

Good girl or bad girl prom dress codes. 1.0x0

I can see Eddie rocking up in this, cos she is a very bad girl. Razz

Good girl or bad girl prom dress codes. 39080f90187e597504d1969034e9ea99
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:14 pm

I chose this for you Mags...it was my second favourite on the page I was looking at, no thanks needed. Laughing

Good girl or bad girl prom dress codes. 25d326fe870e17558dae650b79446658
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:08 pm

Syl wrote:

I chose this for you Mags...it was my second favourite on the page I was looking at, no thanks needed. Laughing

Good girl or bad girl prom dress codes. 25d326fe870e17558dae650b79446658

I like it Razz
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:12 pm

I knew you would, unfortunately its a bad girl dress....so you cant come to the prom. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:11 pm

Damn, oh nemmind I'm sure I'll find somewhere to wear it. Twisted Evil
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:15 pm

magica wrote:Damn, oh nemmind I'm sure I'll find somewhere to wear it. Twisted Evil

Oh I felt a bit mean for picking you a dress that would get you banned. Crying or Very sad

Over it now. cheers
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:08 pm

So glad you are Syl Smile

Evil or Very Mad
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down