NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you happy today...you should be.

+2
magica
Syl
6 posters

Go down

Are you happy today...you should be. Empty Are you happy today...you should be.

Post by Syl Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:03 pm

Because March 20th is International day of happiness.
Did anyone brighten your day? Did you brighten anyone elses?

I had a lovely compliment off a complete stranger, and I smiled at several people I don't know when I was out....most smiled back, sometimes little gestures can brighten yours or someone elses day.

Have you had a happy day?

https://www.awarenessdays.co.uk/awareness-days-calendar/international-day-of-happiness-2017-03-20/2017-03-20/
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Are you happy today...you should be. Empty Re: Are you happy today...you should be.

Post by magica Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:07 pm

Today I was speaking to a homeless man. We chatted for about 10-15 mins. He told me his story, we discussed it. I made him laugh and gave him some money, only had a quid on me. He went off with a smile on his face, I did too.

Had a good day Syl.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Are you happy today...you should be. Empty Re: Are you happy today...you should be.

Post by Fred Moletrousers Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:13 pm

Syl wrote:Because March 20th is International day of happiness.

I had a lovely compliment off a complete stranger, and I smiled at several people I don't know when I was out....most smiled back, sometimes little gestures can brighten yours or someone elses day.

https://www.awarenessdays.co.uk/awareness-days-calendar/international-day-of-happiness-2017-03-20/2017-03-20/

No I bloody well didn't. I sprayed Roundup on some semi derelict land on the forecast promise of at least 12 hours dry weather. Three quarters of an hour later it rained. The throttle cable on the tractor snapped. The house CCTV system packed up. And the dog has obviously been eating fox turds or something and puked all over the kitchen floor.

Stuff "Happiness Day."
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:19 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:

No I bloody well didn't.  I sprayed Roundup on some semi derelict land on the forecast promise of at least 12 hours dry weather. Three quarters of an hour later it rained. The throttle cable on the tractor snapped. The house CCTV system packed up. And the dog has obviously been eating fox turds or something and puked all over the kitchen floor.

Stuff "Happiness Day."

Oops No
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:19 pm

My day was a mix of bad news and love of friends. So I'm pretty lucky.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:36 pm

magica wrote:Today I was speaking to a homeless man. We chatted for about 10-15 mins. He told me his story, we discussed it. I made him laugh and gave him some money, only had  a quid on me. He went off with a smile on his face, I did too.

Had a good day Syl.

Mags, I am going to be really patronising and say you shouldn't have given him money. It would be better if you had bought him some food and a drink. I see a homeless man when I go into my local town....nearby is a Greggs, and I get him a hot drink and a warm steak bake for £2. He has a dog so even if he doesn't want it (other people take him food sometimes) I figure the dog will eat it.

I'm glad you had a happy day though...you deserve it. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:39 pm

eddie wrote:My day was a mix of bad news and love of friends.  So I'm pretty lucky.

On the local radio they were asking people in the street what made them happy. The most frequent answer was seeing family and friends, and knowing they were all OK.
I think that's about the most important thing too, if you know your family and friends are happy, you are too.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:40 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:

No I bloody well didn't.  I sprayed Roundup on some semi derelict land on the forecast promise of at least 12 hours dry weather. Three quarters of an hour later it rained. The throttle cable on the tractor snapped. The house CCTV system packed up. And the dog has obviously been eating fox turds or something and puked all over the kitchen floor.

Stuff "Happiness Day."

Tomorrow will be better.....that thought should make you happy. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:46 pm

Woke up feeling reasonably happy, then had phone call from Doctor,
After blood test found my PSA had risen alarmingly.

Back on Chemo injections, just bloody great !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:47 pm

nicko wrote:Woke up feeling reasonably happy,   then had phone call from Doctor,

Sorry to hear that Nicko. X
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:04 pm

eddie wrote:
nicko wrote:Woke up feeling reasonably happy,   then had phone call from Doctor,

Sorry to hear that Nicko. X

Seconded...hope you wil be OK Nicko. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:14 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Stuff "Happiness Day."

Are you happy today...you should be. Ee8440bfe6acc7d0cf2920a7c4995ac4
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:40 pm

I had to actually grate my own cheese today as I'd ran out of the pre-grated stuff.  

I'm well depressed.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:46 pm

eddie wrote:I had to actually grate my own cheese today as I'd ran out of the pre-grated stuff.  

I'm well depressed.

Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:50 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:I had to actually grate my own cheese today as I'd ran out of the pre-grated stuff.  

I'm well depressed.

Rolling Eyes

I caught my nail in the sodding grater and it split it and ruined my nail varnish too.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:59 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

Rolling Eyes

I caught my nail in the sodding grater and it split it and ruined my nail varnish too.

Wow what a tragedy Razz
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:01 pm

[quote="Syl"]
magica wrote:Today I was speaking to a homeless man. We chatted for about 10-15 mins. He told me his story, we discussed it. I made him laugh and gave him some money, only had  a quid on me. He went off with a smile on his face, I did too.

Had a good day Syl.

Mags, I am going to be really patronising and say you shouldn't have given him money. It would be better if you had bought him some food and a drink. I see a homeless man when I go into my local town....nearby is a Greggs, and I get him a hot drink and a warm steak bake for £2. He has a dog so even if he doesn't want it (other people take him food sometimes) I figure the dog will eat it.

I'm glad you had a happy day though...you deserve it. x[/quota

Thanx Syl x. I couldn't buy food,I only had a pound on me, so gave him that.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:37 pm

magica wrote:
Syl wrote:

I'm glad you had a happy day though...you deserve it. x[/quota

Thanx Syl x.  I couldn't  buy food,I only had a pound on me, so gave him that.

Well I don't suppose he can do much damage with that. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down