NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Women should be allowed abortions if the baby is the wrong sex.

+2
Tommy Monk
Syl
6 posters

Go down

Women should be allowed abortions if the baby is the wrong sex. Empty Women should be allowed abortions if the baby is the wrong sex.

Post by Syl Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:43 pm

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/781019/Wendy-Savage-sex-selective-abortions-British-Medical-Association-NHS-pro-life-campaigners

"Professor Wendy Savage said in an interview that the law banning terminations based on sex should be scrapped.
The BMA expert told the Mail on Sunday it was a “myth” that sex-selective abortions happen in Britain, or that women would choose to have one if allowed to do so.
But many NHS hospitals have stopped telling patients the sex of their baby until 20 weeks – and some have stopped altogether – due to concerns over the issue.
The NHS’ 2014 study of census information suggested sex-selective abortions may be a particular issue in Britain’s South Asian communities, where there is a cultural preference for boys.
Professor Savage said: “Because of this sort of anxiety some places won’t tell the sex of the foetus, which is outrageous.“It’s her body and her foetus, so she should have that information. If a woman does not want to have a foetus who is one sex or the other, forcing her is not going to be good for the eventual child, and it’s not going to be good for the mother’s mental health.
She also controversially claimed women should have the right to an abortion past 24 weeks, and that abortion pills should be readily available online.
The professor said: “It’s her body. She is the one taking the risks."

I am not anti abortion, but who in their right mind could support her views? To have someone with such extreme views influencing the British medical association is worrying.
Apart from allowing abortion just because the baby is not the desired sex...(probably male) she thinks aborting babies past 24 weeks....(at 24 weeks a baby born has up to a 70% chance of survival) is also acceptable.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Women should be allowed abortions if the baby is the wrong sex. Empty Re: Women should be allowed abortions if the baby is the wrong sex.

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:44 pm

And she starts off saying that sex selective abortions wouldn't happen...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Women should be allowed abortions if the baby is the wrong sex. Empty Re: Women should be allowed abortions if the baby is the wrong sex.

Post by magica Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:08 pm

I don't agree with abortions unless under severe conditions, like rape, health etc.

This however is appalling. You can't murder a perfectly healthy baby because it's not the sex you wanted. I can't believe she thinks this is acceptable.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:31 pm

The frightening thing is she is in a position of high responsibility...her incredibly extreme views will be listened to.
She is obviously out of touch if she thinks this isn't already happening, why does she think some NHS trusts don't reveal the sex of the baby till the pregnancy is advanced? Though as she believes its right and proper that women can still have abortions just because they choose to AFTER 24 weeks, that wont interfere with her way of thinking.

She is dangerous....and it makes you wonder HOW do people like her get into such prominent and influential positions.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:11 pm

That's just wrong on so many levels.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:17 pm

In India they used to, don't know about now, but they murdered their female babies as they wanted boys.

I really think this is dangerous thinking and this woman should never had got air time.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:52 pm

If women want a certain sex baby, they should have IVF and pay for it themselves.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:06 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:If women want a certain sex baby, they should have IVF and pay for it themselves.

I didn't even know IVF allowed you to choose the sex of the baby.....science has certainly moved on.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:20 pm

Anyone who has an abortion because the sex of the baby is not to their liking is clearly not fit to have children.

There was a case a couple of years ago where doctors were offering abortions on those grounds. I thought they should have been struck off.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:33 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Anyone who has an abortion because the sex of the baby is not to their liking is clearly not fit to have children.

There was a case a couple of years ago where doctors were offering abortions on those grounds. I thought they should have been struck off.
I agree.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:37 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Anyone who has an abortion because the sex of the baby is not to their liking is clearly not fit to have children.

Totally agree.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:42 pm

I totally agree 100%. You have a baby because you want a family not because its not the sex you want, doesn't have blue eyes or isn't perfect. They add to your family. I'm so angry over this silly womans statement!
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:38 pm

they should let her have an abortion but Tie her tubes at the same time..

For once I agree with Raggs, one that would do that is not fit to be around children at all.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down