NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Support for Scottish independence is up by 5%...

+2
Irn Bru
Clarkson
6 posters

Go down

Support for Scottish independence is up by 5%... Empty Support for Scottish independence is up by 5%...

Post by Guest Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:04 pm

Still think it won't happen but it's looking just that wee bit more possible now.

Was none too fond of independence before, but I would much rather that than see another RW party elected to government....

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/scottish-independence-within-snp-s-grasp-poll-1-3281655

Back to top Go down

Support for Scottish independence is up by 5%... Empty Re: Support for Scottish independence is up by 5%...

Post by Clarkson Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:30 pm

That's fine I would gladly wave you goodbye.

Just as well the English haven't got a vote we might boot you out.

Firstly the arrogance of the Scots thinking they are better than everyone else in the union.

Secondly your amount per capita given by the govt to Scots is far greater than to the English.

Thirdly your meddling in English law when we are blocked from dealing with Scottish Law making is most irritating.

If all Scots were like you Im sure your vote to split the union would be yes fortunately most have multiple brain cells.

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Support for Scottish independence is up by 5%... Empty Re: Support for Scottish independence is up by 5%...

Post by Clarkson Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:32 pm

BTW it wont happen.

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:02 pm

Clarkson wrote:BTW it wont happen.

You don't know if it will happen for sure or not, i think it won't though.

You won't be booting anyone out, some Scots would say you have held England prisoner for long enough, Scotalnd will decide if it goes it alone.

And as for Scots meddling in English affaires your English chancellor is happy to collect North Sea oil revenue , so is that Scots oil or British?

I know it's British as we are a union, so don't go there.

Same goes for 'arrogant Scots'

Just don't try that with me Crystal Tits.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:15 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Clarkson wrote:BTW it wont happen.

You won't be booting anyone out, some Scots would say you have held England prisoner for long enough, Scotalnd will decide if it goes it alone.

And as for Scots meddling in English affaires your English chancellor is happy to collect North Sea oil revenue , so is that Scots oil or British?

:/pwn://: 

://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:29 pm

Catman wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

I know Phil...I had too!

Drinky is trying to portray all Scots as hateful arseholes against the English, this is utter bollocks,of course some Scots and English do dislike each other, but only a minority, and even some of the ones who do most likely do so in gest ...the auld enemy type of thing.

Now, I'm not for an independent Scotalnd, but it is this biased, snobby Tory led coalition who make me want to be independent,

Nothing would be better than another Labour governments  office ,  to see that the poorer   Working classes were treated better and to try to halt this ' picking on those on benefits  and disabled folk'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:32 pm

Clarkson wrote:That's fine I would gladly wave you goodbye.

Firstly the arrogance of the Scots thinking they are better than everyone else in the union.

Secondly your amount per capita given by the govt to Scots is far greater than to the English.

Thirdly your meddling in English law when we are blocked from dealing with Scottish Law making is most irritating.

If all Scots were like you Im sure your vote to split the union would be yes fortunately most have multiple brain cells.

Read this and weep, Drinky...

The official statistics show Scotland contributed 9.9% of all UK revenues in 2011-12 but received only 9.3 per cent of total UK public sector expenditure, including a per capita share of UK debt interest payments. Scotland’s population is 8.4 per cent of the UK total.

The figures also show Scotland has significantly lower deficit levels than the UK. For 2011-12 the UK has a current budget deficit of 6 per cent of GDP or £92.3 bn. Including a geographical share of North Sea revenues, Scotland’s current budget deficit would be £3.4bn or only 2.3 per cent of GDP.

It is Westminster and a majority of English MPs that decides Scotland's budget so Westminster does interfere in Scottish matters.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:34 pm

If the Tories show any sign of winning the next GE before the referendum then Salmond will have independence in the bag.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:37 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Clarkson wrote:That's fine I would gladly wave you goodbye.

Read this and weep, Drinky...

The official statistics show Scotland contributed 9.9% of all UK revenues in 2011-12 but received only 9.3 per cent of total UK public sector expenditure, including a per capita share of UK debt interest payments.  Scotland’s population is 8.4 per cent of the UK total.

The figures also show Scotland has significantly lower deficit levels than the UK.  For 2011-12 the UK has a current budget deficit of 6 per cent of GDP or £92.3 bn.  Including a geographical share of North Sea revenues, Scotland’s current budget deficit would be £3.4bn or only 2.3 per cent of GDP.

It is Westminster and a majority of English MPs that decides Scotland's budget so Westminster does interfere in Scottish matters.

...so lick that Drinky, and while your down there , you can lick something else  Embarassed

Bitch  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:38 pm

Redo your figures for the last 40 years Bru you'll find a different outcome.

What about us having a say why don't we get one?

Would you wager against me that the Scots will bottle out. Of course you wont you are a Scot too tight firstly and just mouth you know I'm right.

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:41 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Catman wrote:

I know Phil...I had too!

Drinky is trying to portray all Scots as hateful arseholes against the English, this is utter bollocks,of course some Scots and English do dislike each other, but only a minority, and even some of the ones who do most likely do so in gest ...the auld enemy type of thing.

Now, I'm not for an independent Scotalnd, but it is this biased, snobby Tory led coalition who make me want to be independent,

Nothing would be better than another Labour governments  office ,  to see that the poorer   Working classes were treated better and to try to halt this ' picking on those on benefits  and disabled folk'.

It would suit the Tories fine to see Scotland go independent imo...We would probably end up with endless Tory governments in England.

pale 

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:45 pm

For once Scatman is right.

Scotland keep Labour in power.

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:49 pm

Clarkson wrote:Redo your figures for the last 40 years Bru you'll find a different outcome.

What about us having a say why don't we get one?

Would you wager against me that the Scots will bottle out. Of course you wont you are a Scot too tight firstly and just mouth you know I'm right.

Dispute the figures I gave you then instead of spouting off with nothing to back it up.

As long as Labour have a lead and look likely to win the next GE then the Scots will probably stay. If it's the other way round then that plays into Salmond's hands.

Don't worry, Drinky. We'll let you know what we decide at the time.

Bummer eh?

cheers 

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:51 pm

Clarkson wrote:For once Scatman is right.

Scotland keep Labour in power.

Blair didn't need Scotland in 1997. It was such a landslide which was no surprise after the mess the Tories made during their 18 years.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:32 pm

please Irn....if you get independance....can I become an immigrant??? can I have asylum ..pretty please....

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:13 am

I hope Scotland stays in the UK, we're an island nation and the concept of Great Britain and being British encompasses everyone on this island and there is something inherently beautiful in that.
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:31 am

But it hasn't always been so.  The British have treated the Sottish horribly.  Elizabeth I committed regicide upon Mary Stuart.  The bitch was not even loyal to her own kin.  That has got to be repaid.

If I were voting in Scotland today, I would vote to oust the bastards. They deserve it.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:01 am

Original Quill wrote:But it hasn't always been so.  The British have treated the Sottish horribly.  Elizabeth I committed regicide upon Mary Stuart.  The bitch was not even loyal to her own kin.  That has got to be repaid.

If I were voting in Scotland today, I would vote to oust the bastards. They deserve it.
Ffs that was centuries ago you donk.

What about your treatment of american indians. Napalming vietnemese etc etc.

Thought you were the educated lefty the exception to the rule I stand corrected.

What absolute fucking nonsense

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:20 am

Clarkson wrote:
Original Quill wrote:But it hasn't always been so.  The British have treated the Sottish horribly.  Elizabeth I committed regicide upon Mary Stuart.  The bitch was not even loyal to her own kin.  That has got to be repaid.

Ffs that was centuries ago you donk.

What about your treatment of american indians. Napalming vietnemese etc etc.

Thought you were the educated lefty the exception to the rule I stand corrected.

What absolute fucking nonsense

What is nonsense?, are you denying the terrible treatment of Scots by the English for years Drinky?...

Denying it doesn't mean it did not happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:34 pm

ok joy, it was nothing to do us now,and nothing to do with you either!! you weren't alive then and neither were any body alive today!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:17 pm

If we're going to be repaying blood debts dating back to Elizabethan times, Quill, all I can say is that there are going to be an awful lot of bodies littering the streets...
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:20 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:

If we're going to be repaying blood debts dating back to Elizabethan times, Quill, all I can say is that there are going to be an awful lot of bodies littering the streets...

Indeed me Lord
Not only that Quill being an American, what blood debt do they have to many of the indigenous?
Nobody can be accountable today for events of the past, centuries ago, yes we learn from them and recognise clearly wrongs done, but Scotland had no problem also joining with England and sharing in its spoils.

Last edited by PhilDidge on Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:21 pm

nicko wrote:ok joy, it was nothing to do us now,and nothing to do with you either!! you weren't alive then and neither were any body alive today!

Lol!..I know that Nicko, I only said that because a Drinky had said 'nonsense ' in a post by Quill I think , which implied he was rubbishing what Didge said !

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:22 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Indeed me Lord
Not only that Quill being an American, what blood debt do they have to many of the indigenous?
Nobody can be accountable today for events of the past, centuries ago, yes we learn from them and recognise clearly wrongs done, but Scotland had no problem also joining with England and sharing in its spoils.

That goes both ways Didge.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:26 pm

Nobody has a full list of the details, how can they vote?

Will Scottish students have to pay university fees in England?
Scotland doesn't own any waters so what about NS oil?
Will all subsidies from England stop?
Will current Scottish MP's and Lords be kicked out?
Will the queen sell Balmoral?
What about airbases and submarine ports?
The British open golf will never be played in Scotland?
Will all imports from Scotland be taxed?

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:27 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Catman wrote:

I know Phil...I had too!

Setting aside the politicking, JD, since the lady who is beginning to play a part in my life has a Mac in front of her name and proudly wore her clan tartan shawl when she took me to a dram-laden Burns Night celebration last week, do you think I might qualify for a visa when we get rid of you, er, when you achieve independence?

As you know, I'm part way to being a Scot, but the word "quadroon" springs immediately to mind.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:34 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

I know Phil...I had too!

Setting aside the politicking, JD, since the lady who is beginning to play a part in my life has a Mac in front of her name and proudly wore her clan tartan shawl when she took me to a dram-laden Burns Night celebration last week, do you think I might qualify for a visa when we get rid of you, er, when you achieve independence?

As you know, I'm part way to being a Scot, but the word "quadroon"  springs immediately to mind.

...hopefully you enjoyed that Burns night celebration Ed, and I'm very pleased things that you are beginning to have some enjoyment again Smile

I'm sure you will be granted a visa Ed as you are quarter Scots anyway!

But I think the visa is in the bag if you can throw a boomerang and make it come back to you !

Failing that, I'll put a word in with the Scottish Government, should we vote for independence Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:01 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

As you know, I'm part way to being a Scot, but the word "quadroon"  springs immediately to mind.

...hopefully you enjoyed that Burns night celebration Ed, and I'm very pleased things that you are beginning to have some enjoyment again Smile

But I think the visa is in the bag if you can throw a boomerang  and make it come back to you !

Failing that, I'll put a word in with the Scottish Government, should we vote for independence Wink

Greatly enjoyed Burns Night, my first, though I have to confess that I didn't understand a word when a rather large Scot in full regalia engaged a haggis in a long and animated, if somewhat one-sided, conversation and then proceeded to assassinate it with a bloody big dagger.

Still, it tasted delicious (please don't tell me what was in it!) and the Scotch was excellent.

Ps. The evening rounded off with an illustrated lecture by an expert on the Loch Ness monster. He said it doesn't exist.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:10 pm

I find some of the Nationalist a little hard to swallow. Anyone would think we have been hang drawing and quartering a few last Tuesday instead of hundreds of years ago.

I repeat Quills entry was nonsense and I suspect having thought about it meant to be taken with a pinch of salt.
That said the union has served all the countries well for at least two centuries. I would bet my pension that they will reject independence.

I would also bet my pension that having rejected it Salmond will begin the agitation for another vote within a year.

There are far too many uncertainties for the Scots but I repeat it would do the Tories no end of good to lose so many Socialist seats from the equation so we win either way.

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:02 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:

My, my...so sensitive.  It's just a fact.  It is what it is. ::dunno:: 

Repaying debts, or voting for independence?  Big difference.  What I'm saying is y'all--English--didn't do much to endear the Scots to you.

There's more if you want...William III? The Clearances? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highland_Clearances  I'd keep goin, but I'd just be showing my dance steps.  The point is made.

Last edited by Original Quill on Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:15 pm

Warren Moon wrote:Nobody has a full list of the details, how can they vote?

In my opinion, the better universities are in Scotland.  But ok...if no, not a big deal.

Warren Moon wrote:Scotland doesn't own any waters so what about NS oil?

The EU has already declared that if Scotland splits off, the NS oil belongs to the Scots.

Warren Moon wrote:Will all subsidies from England stop?

Will they be necessary?

Warren Moon wrote:Will current Scottish MP's and Lords be kicked out?

Well, of course.  They don't have time to help run two countries.

Warren Moon wrote:Will the queen sell Balmoral?

She's allowed to have foreign estates, as long as she pays property taxes.

Warren Moon wrote:What about airbases and submarine ports?

Scapa Flow, of course, will become Scotland's.  As two independent countries, they are free to make any contractual arrangements they want.

Warren Moon wrote:The British open golf will never be played in Scotland?

But St. Andrews is a dream.

Warren Moon wrote:Will all imports from Scotland be taxed?

That will be up to England.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:04 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

My, my...so sensitive.  It's just a fact.  It is what it is. ::dunno:: 

Repaying debts, or voting for independence?  Big difference.  What I'm saying is y'all--English--didn't do much to endear the Scots to you.

There's more if you want...William III?  The Clearances?  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highland_Clearances  I'd keep goin, but I'd just be showing my dance steps.  The point is made.

I think your record shows that your knowledge of the history of our country and our monarchy is second to none on here so I'm not going to dispute anything you say on that score and it would be foolish for anyone else to try and have a go.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:07 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Warren Moon wrote:Nobody has a full list of the details, how can they vote?

In my opinion, the better universities are in Scotland.  But ok...if no, not a big deal.

Warren Moon wrote:Scotland doesn't own any waters so what about NS oil?

The EU has already declared that if Scotland splits off, the NS oil belongs to the Scots.

Warren Moon wrote:Will all subsidies from England stop?

Will they be necessary?

Warren Moon wrote:Will current Scottish MP's and Lords be kicked out?

Well, of course.  They don't have time to help run two countries.

Warren Moon wrote:Will the queen sell Balmoral?

She's allowed to have foreign estates, as long as she pays property taxes.

Warren Moon wrote:What about airbases and submarine ports?

Scapa Flow, of course, will become Scotland's.  As two independent countries, they are free to make any contractual arrangements they want.

Warren Moon wrote:The British open golf will never be played in Scotland?

But St. Andrews is a dream.

Warren Moon wrote:Will all imports from Scotland be taxed?

That will be up to England.

Just to add that it's 'The Open Championship' not the British Open and it is organised by the R&A in St. Andrews, Scotland, who are the world governing body for golf
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:09 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

But I think the visa is in the bag if you can throw a boomerang  and make it come back to you !

Greatly enjoyed Burns Night, my first, though I have to confess that I didn't understand a word when a rather large Scot in full regalia engaged a haggis in a long and animated, if somewhat one-sided, conversation and then proceeded to assassinate it with a bloody big dagger.

Still, it tasted delicious (please don't tell me what was in it!) and the Scotch was excellent.

Ps. The evening rounded off with an illustrated lecture by an expert on the Loch Ness monster. He said it doesn't exist.

....sounded like an interesting night for you Ed, I'm pleased for ya Smile

You have such a way with words! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:15 pm

Tail wagging the dog comes to mind. A few million jocks telling the English Welsh and Irish they are better than us.

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:20 pm

Clarkson wrote:Tail wagging the dog comes to mind. A few million jocks telling the English Welsh and Irish they are better than us.

So you don't subscribe to the constant attacks from the English media etc. that the Scots are subsidy junkies?
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down