NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Article 50 Is Making People More Concerned Than Ever About Brexit

3 posters

Go down

Article 50 Is Making People More Concerned Than Ever About Brexit Empty Article 50 Is Making People More Concerned Than Ever About Brexit

Post by Guest Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:44 pm

A poll has recorded its highest ever level of concern among voters about Brexit as Article 50 looms.
Ipsos Mori’s poll for the Economist Issues Index in February found 45% named the EU as among the biggest issues facing the country, 4% more than in the same poll for January and the highest the survey has ever recorded since it began September 1974.
The concern coincides with parliament voting on a Bill to allow Theresa May to trigger Article 50, the formal process of leaving the EU, which she has vowed to do by the end of March.

Brexit was, by a big margin, people’s most popular answer when asked to name the single biggest issue facing the country, with 29% saying it, compared with 18% saying the NHS.

Article 50 Is Making People More Concerned Than Ever About Brexit 58b716db2200001f004ae043
IPSOS MORI
Concern about the NHS and Brexit rose in February but concern over immigration fell
Article 50 Is Making People More Concerned Than Ever About Brexit 58b719391b00003500b5b645
IPSOS MORI

The poll also showed city-dwellers were less concerned about Brexit, while richer people were far more likely to concerned than the poor. People in the north of England were the least concerned about Brexit while those in the south were the most concerned.

Article 50 Is Making People More Concerned Than Ever About Brexit 58b727921b00003600b5b695
IPSOS MORI

Concern with the economy has fallen to a nine-year low, with just 19% seeing it as a big issue, the lowest since February 2008, before the financial crash. People aged 18 to 34 in the higher socio-economic groups - ABC1 - were the only ones more concerned about Brexit than the NHS.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/brexit-concern-article-50_uk_58b70c38e4b0284854b3446e?utm_hp_ref=uk

Well, well, well. More proof of exactly what I have been saying.

Back to top Go down

Article 50 Is Making People More Concerned Than Ever About Brexit Empty Re: Article 50 Is Making People More Concerned Than Ever About Brexit

Post by Syl Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:01 pm

Being a northern city dweller not on the breadline I am fairly typical then of not being overly concerned.

It does show though how people differ in their opinions.....even on this forum there are extremes in the way many think about important subjects.

No one is right or wrong.....so when certain people shout 'liar' when someone else has voiced their own experiences....maybe the accusers should think on.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Article 50 Is Making People More Concerned Than Ever About Brexit Empty Re: Article 50 Is Making People More Concerned Than Ever About Brexit

Post by Guest Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:10 pm

Syl wrote:Being a northern city dweller not on the breadline I am fairly typical then of not being overly concerned.

It does show though how people differ in their opinions.....even on this forum there are extremes in the way many think about important subjects.

No one is right or wrong.....so when certain people shout 'liar' when someone else has voiced their own experiences....maybe the accusers should think on.

Views can be right or wrong based on reason backed up with evidence Syl.
For example, we would all agree its wrong to murder someone, based on the golden rule. Of not wanting this done to ourselves and denying them their right to life. Its just an opinion.

Again what also matters is the motivations behind claims, that seek to deligitimize something, rather than debate the topic of the article. So, yes, some people do tell porkies when they make claims and everyone has a right to challenge that. Even more so when evidence makes the probability of their claim, remote.

The reality is, somethings concern  others more than most on somethings, dependent as seen on their situation.

The reality is, nobody can predict what will happen, when Brexit kicks in, hence why so many people are concerned. As either Brexit will bring prosperity to the UK, or disaster.
Its a very huge gamble and risk to play.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:34 pm

I agree no one can predict what is going to happen because so far nothing has....and till certain things are made clear, everyone is left in no mans land, which obviously is not ideal.
Whatever does happen I think people have to think of brexit as being a long term 'investment' for the country, encouragingly  so far the predicted havoc has not happened.....but time will tell how many mistakes will be made before it becomes good.

As for people lying on forums, yes, some do, but as has been talked about on two recent threads here.....often its the poster who is being called a liar, regardless of what that person is saying.

When you talk of evidence of probability making someones claims remote, again it depends on that persons own experiences.
What can be truth in on part of the country may not be the truth in another.

When you get people on different continents screaming liar....that just becomes a joke.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:31 pm

Syl wrote:I agree no one can predict what is going to happen because so far nothing has....and till certain things are made clear, everyone is left in no mans land, which obviously is not ideal.
Whatever does happen I think people have to think of brexit as being a long term 'investment' for the country, encouragingly  so far the predicted havoc has not happened.....but time will tell how many mistakes will be made before it becomes good.

As for people lying on forums, yes, some do, but as has been talked about on two recent threads here.....often its the poster who is being called a liar, regardless of what that person is saying.

When you talk of evidence of probability making someones claims remote, again it depends on that persons own experiences.

When you get people on different continents screaming liar....that just becomes a joke.

Sorry but you are being naive Syl
Look at the reason for those making the claim?
They are saying they do not know any people from the EU in this country that are concerned about Brexit.
Why are they claiming this?
To downplay and dligitimize the claim in the article.

When the evidence is overwhelming that there are substantial numbers of EU migrants feel this way.
What other reason can you give for them to invoke this claim, when both are supporters of Brexit?

One so much so, they went into childish nasty mode immediately. Which nobody when they are being honest does. They do not overreact with abuse. Its a clear sign they are lying. How you call that screaming is both ridiculous and a poor defense for dishonesty on their part. That is you being dishonest now, as nobody was screaming anything. Other than one of those guilty lying with throwing infantile abuse which has crossed over today, even into the thread on my funny "newsfix thread". I am not concerned that she is throwing abuse, but I even laughed at the lamest, where she called me a dwarf, not based off my username, but as if I am one lol.

They were being dishonest, its as simple as that, on two counts.
One claiming to know many EU migrants and claiming not a single was concerned and second to downplay the concern made by an EU migrant ignoring the countless evidence..

Yes it does matter on probability, especially when their claims conflict with the evidence of how many EU migrants are clearly concerned.

You may want to believe them, that is your choice, but please do not use some poor veiled excuse of defense for two people who were dishonest and motivated to be dishonest based on their views on Brexit. Neither could produce any evidence to back their claims

You may not like that people do not believe what someone says. That is your choice, but spare me the over exaggerated terminology around screaming. I have every right to challenge poor claims and they were poor claims. Motivated by their views on Brexit to deligitimize the claims made in the article.

Funny you are more concerned at me challenging a claim, than the abuse thrown by one of those said childish posters, because you get on. For you to speak out on. Not concerned as again, it would not change my views of you.
Seriously though Syl? Why not say, you just disagree with "me" challenging them?
That at least would be some honesty here.
I base things on credibility, evidence and the motivation behind claims, not who the poster is.

That is your choice, but nobody was screaming anything, the only screaming came from the one acting like a two year old.

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t19824p100-ive-worked-hard-in-the-nhs-for-17-years-but-since-brexit-ive-felt-like-a-second-class-citizen

You maybe gullible, I question claims made. I am the same on anything
You just believe them both, I do not believe them, and the evidence is stacked against them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:45 pm

Thorin wrote:A poll has recorded its highest ever level of concern among voters about Brexit as Article 50 looms.
Ipsos Mori’s poll for the Economist Issues Index in February found 45% named the EU as among the biggest issues facing the country, 4% more than in the same poll for January and the highest the survey has ever recorded since it began September 1974.
The concern coincides with parliament voting on a Bill to allow Theresa May to trigger Article 50, the formal process of leaving the EU, which she has vowed to do by the end of March.

Brexit was, by a big margin, people’s most popular answer when asked to name the single biggest issue facing the country, with 29% saying it, compared with 18% saying the NHS.

Article 50 Is Making People More Concerned Than Ever About Brexit 58b716db2200001f004ae043
IPSOS MORI
Concern about the NHS and Brexit rose in February but concern over immigration fell
Article 50 Is Making People More Concerned Than Ever About Brexit 58b719391b00003500b5b645
IPSOS MORI

The poll also showed city-dwellers were less concerned about Brexit, while richer people were far more likely to concerned than the poor. People in the north of England were the least concerned about Brexit while those in the south were the most concerned.

Article 50 Is Making People More Concerned Than Ever About Brexit 58b727921b00003600b5b695
IPSOS MORI

Concern with the economy has fallen to a nine-year low, with just 19% seeing it as a big issue, the lowest since February 2008, before the financial crash. 

People aged 18 to 34 in the higher socio-economic groups - ABC1 - were the only ones more concerned about Brexit than the NHS.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/brexit-concern-article-50_uk_58b70c38e4b0284854b3446e?utm_hp_ref=uk

Well, well, well. More proof of exactly what I have been saying.

The 18-34 higher socio-economic group may be less concerned about the nhs generally, and this could partly be because overall they are young/fit/healthy, but also because they and their families also more likely have private health care cover!!!

But what's the 'well, well, well' all about...?

Proof of what exactly...!?

There are huge numbers of people 'concerned' about our leaving the eu... concerned about how the democratic will of the people to leave the eu needs to be fully carried out, and the concern that the govt might try not to do this...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:01 pm

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:I agree no one can predict what is going to happen because so far nothing has....and till certain things are made clear, everyone is left in no mans land, which obviously is not ideal.

They are saying they do not know any people from the EU in this country that are concerned about Brexit.

When the evidence is overwhelming that there are substantial numbers of EU migrants feel this way.
What other reason can you give for them to invoke this claim, when both are supporters of Brexit?

One so much so, they went into childish nasty mode immediately. Which nobody when they are being honest does. They do not overreact with abuse. Its a clear sign they are lying. How you call that screaming is both ridiculous and a poor defense for dishonesty on their part. That is you being dishonest now, as nobody was screaming anything. Other than one of those guilty lying with throwing infantile abuse which has crossed over today, even into the thread on my funny "newsfix thread". I am not concerned that she is throwing abuse, but I even laughed at the lamest, where she called me a dwarf, not based off my username, but as if I am one lol.

One claiming to know many EU migrants and claiming not a single was concerned and second to downplay the concern made by an EU migrant ignoring the countless evidence..

Yes it does matter on probability, especially when their claims conflict with the evidence of how many EU migrants are clearly concerned.

You may want to believe them, that is your choice, but please do not use some poor veiled excuse of defense for two people who were dishonest and motivated to be dishonest based on their views on Brexit. Neither could produce any evidence to back their claims

You may not like that people do not believe what someone says. That is your choice, but spare me the over exaggerated terminology around screaming. I have every right to challenge poor claims and they were poor claims. Motivated by their views on Brexit to deligitimize the claims made in the article.

Funny you are more concerned at me challenging a claim, than the abuse thrown by one of those said childish posters, because you get on. For you to speak out on. Not concerned as again, it would not change my views of you.
Seriously though Syl? Why not say, you just disagree with "me" challenging them?
I base things on credibility, evidence and the motivation behind claims, not who the poster is.

That is your choice, but nobody was screaming anything, the only screaming came from the one acting like a two year old.

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t19824p100-ive-worked-hard-in-the-nhs-for-17-years-but-since-brexit-ive-felt-like-a-second-class-citizen

You just believe them both, I do not believe them, and the evidence is stacked against them.

Thor, you have lost me. I was obviously not referring to posts or people you seem to think I was.
I am not being naive, gullible or dishonest here....wires are obviously being crossed.

Wolf for one often dives into threads screaming that people are liars...frequently when they haven't even posted in the thread....others accuse people of lying when they don't walk in that persons shoes....THAT is what I was talking about.....not sure what you are talking about here,

Anyway...we both veered off topic, this thread is about Brexit.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:07 pm

and anyway the survey is a pile of poo...

since it fails to distinguish WHY thse concerned are concerned
are they concerned becasue thy are worried about it happening
or
are they concerned that May will buckle to the loud lefty federalistas?
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:09 pm

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Thor, you have lost me. I was obviously not referring to posts or people you seem to think I was.
I am not being naive, gullible or dishonest here....wires are obviously being crossed.

Wolf for one often dives into threads screaming that people are liars...frequently when they haven't even posted in the thread....others accuse people of lying when they don't walk in that persons shoes....THAT is what I was talking about.....not sure what you are talking about here,

Anyway...we both veered off topic, this thread is about Brexit.

Okay Syl, I can accept I may have been mistaken, but I did call to task two posters on claims them made.
So you can see how I can have easily been mistaken.

Even if I was not. I would not old it against you Syl. I respect the fact you are outspoken and honest and if true would have done so out of caring for long  term friends.. It would not have made me think any less of you, if you were speaking of me.

Apologies if I did wrongly think you were speaking of me on this. As I was myself calling out claims made by two posters, of which I have nothing personal against.

Wolf can be silly at times and allows his emotions to get the better of him, I get disappointed when he attacks people and not their points, but that is his emotions blinding him. He still has a right to claim people are lying, but should back this up with reason and evidence.

Once again apologies

Night

x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:15 pm

Lord Foul wrote:and anyway the survey is a pile of poo...

since it fails to distinguish WHY thse concerned are concerned
are they concerned becasue thy are worried about it happening
or
are they concerned that May will buckle to the loud lefty federalistas?

I think its blatantly obvious why they are concerned, as to what the future holds for the prosperity of this country.
You might as well place all the many concerns placed into one box, over whether this divorce ends up leaving the UK in a disaster.
So to claim and make your own views on this is irrelevant and a poor down play of their fears.
We both know this, what matters is they have fears over Brexit
So how is it a pile of poo?
Its not, what you are doing is trying to whitewash concerns of people by brushing them under the carpet.
You may not agree with their concerns, but you have no way to even attenpt ally their fears, when we are walking into the unknown.
This is exactly what I am talking about, how those who support Brexit, constantly down play fears of those concerned with misdirection and poor claims

What can you do, to reassure me, its not going to screw up our economy?
Then onto this the massive fall out of this happening?
Are you expecting me to place faith on this not happening, in my friendship and respect for you?
Seriously?

Last edited by Thorin on Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:16 pm

No problem Thor, I have had a real off day today and probably didn't make myself clear.
I would though, if I was speaking about you, say right out I was meaning you......but I wasn't. Smile
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:17 pm

Syl wrote:No problem Thor, I have had a real off day today and probably didn't make myself clear.
I would though, if I was speaking about you, say right out I was meaning you......but I wasn't. Smile

That is a fair point and can admit, if I mistook your intention here.

x

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:19 pm

I dont tyink its necessarily "obvious" at all

ALL its shows is some people have concerns

it dosnt say WHAT the concerns are....

probably just gloom and doom mongering from a lefty remainder "safe space "provider...

oh yes the huff puff.....

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:23 pm

Lord Foul wrote:I dont tyink its necessarily "obvious" at all

ALL its shows is some people have concerns

it dosnt say WHAT the concerns are....

probably just gloom and doom mongering from a lefty remainder "safe space "provider...

oh yes the huff puff.....

The concern is over the divorce from the EU.
Not sure how you fail to understand what that concern is?

Again you are whitewashing concerns, based on what exactly?

Can you provide reassurances its going to be okay?

No you cant. So for you to even attempt deligitimize ligitimate concerns over the future of this country is poor to say the least.

So again, for the second time, can you now predict the future and make a promise to me and the rest of the UK, its not going to go wrong?

Wanna go on record with that and take the blame if wrong?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:26 pm

Oh and point or order Victor.

I have never tried to just whitewash your concerns on immigration but tried to reason why I may not agree with you.

I never ever just dismissed this as you are doing

Double standards?

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:28 pm

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:No problem Thor, I have had a real off day today and probably didn't make myself clear.

That is a fair point and can admit, if I mistook your intention here.

x

Apology accepted Thor....but there was no need.
Just wanted to clear up the misunderstanding.

Night all....and sleep well x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down