NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sensitive Snowflake Trump to defy tradition, skip White House Correspondents Dinner

+2
Original Quill
Ben Reilly
6 posters

Go down

Sensitive Snowflake Trump to defy tradition, skip White House Correspondents Dinner Empty Sensitive Snowflake Trump to defy tradition, skip White House Correspondents Dinner

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:28 pm

... becoming the first sitting president to do so since Reagan in 1981 -- who was recovering from an assassination attempt at the time ...

Sarah Huckabee Sanders, deputy White House press secretary, suggested Sunday that the escalating tension between Fake President Trump and the reporters who cover him prompted him not to attend the upcoming White House Correspondents’ Dinner.

“I think it's kind of naive of us to think that we can all walk into a room for a couple of hours and pretend that some of that tension isn't there,” Sanders told ABC’s George Stephanopoulos on “This Week.”

Sanders offered this analogy to describe the tension: “You know, one of the things we say in the South: If a Girl Scout egged your house, would you buy cookies from her? I think that this is a pretty similar scenario. There's no reason for him to go in and sit and pretend like this is going to be just another Saturday night.”

Trump announced Saturday on Twitter that he will not attend the annual dinner, which doubles as a scholarship and awards dinner for journalists and a glitzy party frequented by celebrities in addition to reporters and White House staffers.

Speaking later Sunday on CNN's "Reliable Sources," pro-Trump activist Amy Kremer agreed that there's no particular reason for Trump to attend, since he's regularly mocked on TV, such as on "Saturday Night Live."

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/huckabee-sanders-trump-press-dinner-235411
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Sensitive Snowflake Trump to defy tradition, skip White House Correspondents Dinner Empty Re: Sensitive Snowflake Trump to defy tradition, skip White House Correspondents Dinner

Post by Original Quill Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:53 pm

Thin-skinned crybaby. Same way he responded to Megyn Kelly in the first debate.

Or maybe he doesn't want to answer questions about Russian oil.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Sensitive Snowflake Trump to defy tradition, skip White House Correspondents Dinner Empty Re: Sensitive Snowflake Trump to defy tradition, skip White House Correspondents Dinner

Post by eddie Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:55 pm

Well you can look at it two ways:

You could say at least he's standing by what he believes
Or
He's behaving like a petulant child and may have done himself more of a favour had he shown up.

I know what I'd have done.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:14 pm

eddie wrote:Well you can look at it two ways:

Or
He's behaving like a petulant child and may have done himself more of a favour had he shown up.

I don't know what you mean. How is he "standing by what he believes" by running away?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:16 pm

Original Quill wrote:

Or

I don't know what you mean.  How is he "standing by what he believes" by running away?

I mean he is hating on the press so he's decided to snub them - in other words, standing by his opinion/belief.
For the record, I think he's behaving like a toddler having a tantrum.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:16 pm

Or

It shows that he's the most thin-skinned president we've ever had, up to and including Nixon. Speaking of which, Trump also maintains an enemies list: http://www.salon.com/2016/11/09/omarosa-hints-at-a-donald-trump-enemies-list-its-so-great-our-enemies-are-making-themselves-clear/

It also shows for all his talk about taking America back to a better time, he has no respect for cherished traditions of the American presidency. In a way, he's all the worst stereotypes about clueless, self-absorbed Millennials, trapped in a flabby, 70-year-old husk.

For all his flaws, Bush could at least take a (scathing) joke:

Now we have a manbaby president who is afraid of the media and has to retreat to a safe space rather than face criticism. Sad!

Laughing
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:25 pm

This is what I mean. He takes a sulk and it makes him look just silly. Why not show up, be the bigger man and try at least, to make amends?
He needs to be more adaptable, amenable and definitely needs to become tougher.

Personally, and this applies to Obama too and any other kind of world leader, I think places like Twitter should be avoided. I can't take a president seriously, as long as he's tweeting like a teen.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:34 pm

eddie wrote:This is what I mean. He takes a sulk and it makes him look just silly.  Why not show up, be the bigger man and try at least, to make amends?
He needs to be more adaptable, amenable and definitely needs to become tougher.

Personally, and this applies to Obama too and any other kind of world leader, I think places like Twitter should be avoided.  I can't take a president seriously, as long as he's tweeting like a teen.

It's tough -- obviously he's trying to adjust to a job completely unlike any he's ever had before, he's described the presidency as "surreal" thus far, but you have to wonder how much a 70-year-old is capable of personal change.

And then he comes out with nonsense like Obama is somehow behind all the leaks out of his own administration, and you tend to give up hope that he's going to improve very much at all.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:59 pm

Trump has ALWAYS surrounded himself with yes men which is why so many of his business ventures failed.

He can't handle criticism or opposition of any kind
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:15 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I don't know what you mean.  How is he "standing by what he believes" by running away?

I mean he is hating on the press so he's decided to snub them - in other words, standing by his opinion/belief.
For the record,  I think he's behaving like a toddler having a tantrum.

He is right about the press there are fake news channels that's where most of us get our information from brain washing making us hear what they want us to hear , not the real truth .

He's no more behaving badly than our own childish politicians - wanting to overturn the Brexit vote and some of the elite such as Branson and Geldof spoiled twats lol

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:42 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sensitive Snowflake Trump to defy tradition, skip White House Correspondents Dinner 3489511464
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:57 pm

Vod, he's supposed to be the president of the United States! He's acting like an immature child refusing to go to the party becasue they don't have the right colour jelly beans. He should be about rising above that shit, showing he's better than those he opposes and furthermore, if he does feel that about some aspects of the media then he needs to do something constructive about it.
All he's doing is alienating the very people who he wants, no, needs, to carry his message to the world.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:07 pm

I think he does things his way and nothing will change that .

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:00 am

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:I think he does things his way and nothing will change that .

But nobody can actually tell what his way of doing things even is. Is it being the vulgarian xenophobe we saw during the campaign? Is it the bland, typical politician we saw last night?

Is he going to cave to Republicans on Obamacare, as he has already done in several examples, or is he going to make sure everyone's covered by great, affordable health insurance, as he has also promised?

Will he build the wall, as he promised? Or will the photographs of Native Americans protesting the splitting of their tribal territory ( http://www.npr.org/2017/02/23/516477313/border-wall-would-cut-across-land-sacred-to-native-tribe ) with his wall make him back down?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:52 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:I think he does things his way and nothing will change that .

But nobody can actually tell what his way of doing things even is. Is it being the vulgarian xenophobe we saw during the campaign? Is it the bland, typical politician we saw last night?

Is he going to cave to Republicans on Obamacare, as he has already done in several examples, or is he going to make sure everyone's covered by great, affordable health insurance, as he has also promised?

Will he build the wall, as he promised? Or will the photographs of Native Americans protesting the splitting of their tribal territory ( http://www.npr.org/2017/02/23/516477313/border-wall-would-cut-across-land-sacred-to-native-tribe ) with his wall make him back down?

I get it Ben you disagree with him in everything because he wasn't your chosen candidate .
But millions do like him they voted him in - there will be some things they don't like and things they do . It;s the same with every political party there just will never be any one that will have everything we like .

I cant answer any of your questions I don't have a crystal ball . You just need to let him do his job and see how he fairs .

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:34 pm

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

I get it Ben you disagree with him in everything because he wasn't your chosen candidate .
But millions do like him they voted him in - there will be some things they don't like and things they do . It;s the same with every political party there just will never be any one that will have everything we like .

I cant answer any of your questions I don't have a crystal ball . You just need to let him do his job and see how he fairs .

You obviously do not get it, because if Clinton had won and acted as poorly as Trump, I would be deeply disappointed and calling for her resignation.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:56 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:

It's quite clear that you don't get it.  Life didn't begin with a vote.  People disagree with him, and because of that they didn't vote for him.  The vote is a reflection of choice, not the other way around.

This is precisely why some 10-million more Americans voted for someone else, than voted for him.  In other words, he lost the popular vote.  Now he may have finagled his way into the WH, but that unpopularity element is still out there...10-million strong.

Why do you think his staff is trying to sprinkle glitter all over him for Tuesday's speech?  Why are they applauding because he didn't swear or touch a woman's genitals?  Because he's the same vulgar non compos mentis that America didn't vote for!  They are aware of that, and they jump at every opportunity to show he can form an adjective or verb that doesn't offend. That, for them, is a tremendous victory.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:25 pm

I do get it you don't want him President .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:27 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:

You obviously do not get it, because if Clinton had won and acted as poorly as Trump, I would be deeply disappointed and calling for her resignation.

what has he done contrary to what he said he would do .

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:17 pm

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:I do get it you don't want him President .

With good reason. But it's the reasons that count.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:30 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:

what has he done contrary to what he said he would do .

I don't give a damn about his campaign promises, I care much more about his myriad ties to Russia, the disrespect for our independent judiciary, his declaring the free press the enemy of America, the influence of his white nationalist senior adviser and his overall inability to provide the country with a stable government.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:32 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:... becoming the first sitting president to do so since Reagan in 1981 -- who was recovering from an assassination attempt at the time ...

Sarah Huckabee Sanders, deputy White House press secretary, suggested Sunday that the escalating tension between Fake President Trump and the reporters who cover him prompted him not to attend the upcoming White House Correspondents’ Dinner.

“I think it's kind of naive of us to think that we can all walk into a room for a couple of hours and pretend that some of that tension isn't there,” Sanders told ABC’s George Stephanopoulos on “This Week.”

Sanders offered this analogy to describe the tension: “You know, one of the things we say in the South: If a Girl Scout egged your house, would you buy cookies from her? I think that this is a pretty similar scenario. There's no reason for him to go in and sit and pretend like this is going to be just another Saturday night.”

Trump announced Saturday on Twitter that he will not attend the annual dinner, which doubles as a scholarship and awards dinner for journalists and a glitzy party frequented by celebrities in addition to reporters and White House staffers.

Speaking later Sunday on CNN's "Reliable Sources," pro-Trump activist Amy Kremer agreed that there's no particular reason for Trump to attend, since he's regularly mocked on TV, such as on "Saturday Night Live."

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/huckabee-sanders-trump-press-dinner-235411

before announcement: Media: we will boycott dinner
after announcement: Media: how very dare he boycott dinner.

suck it up buttercup
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:34 pm

A few media outlets mulled the idea of boycotting it, but none of them actually decided to boycott. Trump, on the other hand, is boycotting it, because people are making fun of him and it hurts his dewicate feewings.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:38 pm

The Devil, You Know wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:... becoming the first sitting president to do so since Reagan in 1981 -- who was recovering from an assassination attempt at the time ...

before announcement: Media: we will boycott dinner
after announcement: Media: how very dare he boycott dinner.

suck it up buttercup

Dean, I don't think anyone is concerned, at least as you characterize it.  More likely, after the announcement, there is a congratulatory round of head-nodding and I-told-you-so's.

We knew he was a coward.  He just confirmed it, that's all.  Twisted Evil

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down