NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George W. Bush speaks out against Trump, warns power is addictive

+8
JulesV
veya_victaous
Independent Thoughts
'Wolfie
Tommy Monk
Original Quill
eddie
Ben Reilly
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

George W. Bush speaks out against Trump, warns power is addictive Empty George W. Bush speaks out against Trump, warns power is addictive

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:06 pm

Former President George W. Bush said that the power of the presidency can be addictive and that an independent media is necessary to keep things in check.

“I consider the media to be indispensable to democracy,” Bush said in a “Today” show interview Monday morning. “We need an independent media to hold people like me to account. Power can be very addictive and it can be corrosive, and it’s important for the media to call to account people who abuse their power, whether it be here or elsewhere.”

Bush’s comments contrast sharply with those of President Trump, who has declared war on the mainstream media, which he has branded “the enemy of the American people.” On Thursday, Trump used a speech at a conservative conference to go on a lengthy diatribe against the media. On Friday, the BBC, CNN, New York Times, Los Angeles Times and Politico were all abruptly barred from an off-camera briefing with press secretary Sean Spicer.

During his “Today” show interview, Bush said it was important for America to have an independent media landscape in order to pressure other countries into embracing the same.

“One of the things I spent a lot of time doing was trying to convince a person — like Vladimir Putin, for example — to accept the notion of an independent press. It’s kind of hard to tell others to have an independent free press when we’re not willing to have one ourselves,” he said.

“It’s hard to unify the country when the president is so split up. When I was president, you mattered a lot more because there was, like, three of you,” Bush told interviewer Matt Lauer. “Now there’s all kinds of information being bombarded out, and people can say things anonymously. It’s just a different world.”

Bush also said he wanted answers regarding Russia’s connection to the White House but wasn’t sure a special prosecutor was the correct tactic. He said he would defer to the judgment of Sen. Richard Burr, R-N.C., the chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee, on how to investigate the matter.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/george-w-bush-a-free-press-checks-the-addictive-power-of-the-presidency-141903663.html

Pretty stark indicator of just how much Republican politics has changed in less than a single decade.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

George W. Bush speaks out against Trump, warns power is addictive Empty Re: George W. Bush speaks out against Trump, warns power is addictive

Post by eddie Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:31 pm

I take what he says with a pinch of salt. That guy was just as corrupt as Trump.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

George W. Bush speaks out against Trump, warns power is addictive Empty Re: George W. Bush speaks out against Trump, warns power is addictive

Post by Original Quill Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:31 pm

In less than a year. The Republicans are fracturing.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:57 pm

eddie wrote:I take what he says with a pinch of salt. That guy was just as corrupt as Trump.

What do find corrupt about President Trump ? I see his election as a good thing - the biggest difference between Trump and other parties he is actually doing what he said he would .

That's what the people voted for they were sick of the establishment not keeping promises .

We can find a debunk for almost everything discussed and it seems that because Hilary was set up to win regardless the Hilary supporters don't like it - just like our Brexit the government were so sure we would vote remain it shook them to the core when it went the other way .

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:23 pm

VoD wrote:What do find corrupt about President Trump ? I see his election as a good thing

I don't know if it's corruption or super-corruption.  He is an agent of a foreign government, working for the interests of the Russians and against the interests of the US.  That's a little more than merely corrupt...it's treason.

VoD wrote:the biggest difference between Trump and other parties he is actually doing what he said he would .

Odd...but I haven't seen him accomplish anything he said he would.  He's a failure at gaining jobs...tokenism notwithstanding.  Obama was producing jobs at a rate of a quarter-million a month, while Trump touts 200 or 250 around a single factory.

The Wall hasn't even been started.  He no longer promises Mexico will pay for it.  Instead, he proposes a tax on the American people to pay for the wall.   What a bust, eh?

His one military venture in Yemen was a failure, taking the life of a valued Navy Seal:

NPR wrote:By dawn, one American sailor was dead and three other service members were injured. Locals say numerous civilians, including women and nine children, were among the Yemenis killed. The U.S. military has opened an investigation, and U.S. military officials tell NPR that civilians were indeed among the victims.

More babies killed...such a deal!  You could do more damage with a coat hanger.

The father of the fallen Navy Seal won't even talk or meet with Trump, he considers the entire fiasco such a cheap publicity trick.  He demands an independent investigation to assign the blame.  No need...we know who thought up this cheap show.  Someone was trying to duplicate a real hero, Obama nailing bin Laden.  Cheap theatrics that backfire.

Trump has done nothing about ISIS.  He has failed to disassociate the US from NATO.  He's ended up kissing the Chinese arse even before they would talk to him.

He seems preoccupied with news stories about his Russian connections, which pretty much confirms the rumor.  He's succeeded in making the press the sole enemy...gosh I feel safer already.

His one fulfilled promise he tripped over by accident: he signed an EO banning Muslims, which was promptly overturned by four different judges and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.  Again: a flat-out bust.

Tell me again, what promises has he fulfilled?  But he does a good job talking about himself, doesn't he?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:21 pm

alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:58 pm

Oh, and let's not forget that Trump initially tried to blame the botched Yemen raid on Obama, of course: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-effort-to-pin-yemen-raid-on-barack-obama-falters_us_5893c79ee4b0406131361541
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:11 pm

Is this how desperate leftie/democrats have become...?

That they are now lauding the opinion of ex-president bush, who they hated the most, as being somehow credible...!?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:15 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Is this how desperate leftie/democrats have become...?

That they are now lauding the opinion of ex-president bush, who they hated the most, as being somehow credible...!?

Maybe think about how even George W. Bush says this is a bridge too far. As bad as he was, even he knows this is fucked up.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:30 pm

If you are willing to take seriously/believe the opinion of a liar/war criminal... then that says more about you and how far you have sunk to the depths they inhabit...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:50 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

If you are willing to take seriously/believe the opinion of a liar/war criminal... then that says more about you and how far you have sunk to the depths they inhabit...

So if someone was incompetent, or a bad leader, or a liar or whatever ... that means nothing they have to say is valuable?

Why don't you address the substance of what he said, rather than addressing his track record?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:16 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

So if someone was incompetent, or a bad leader, or a liar or whatever ... that means nothing they have to say is valuable?

Why don't you address the substance of what he said, rather than addressing his track record?

If he was saying 'trump is great'... wouldn't you then be dismissing his opinion because he has a proven track record of being 'incompetent, or a bad leader, or a liar or whatever...' etc...!?

To you and your ilk, Bush has always been the arch enemy and the representation of all that is evil and wrong!!!

Obama got a nobel prize for simply not being bush!!!

But now you are trying to back the words of the evil and wrong bush as being good and right... and only because he appears to be saying what you want to believe...

To me... the backing of someone like bush would be reason alone to question my own beliefs... not a reason to start parading his views as confirmation of my own...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:38 pm

That's because you think very simplistically. Bush was one the presidents of the United States, right? And he says, above, that "I consider the media to be indispensable to democracy." I have no reason not to believe him.

I can compare that quote to some quotes from other presidents:

"The liberty of the press is essential to the security of freedom in a state." - John Adams

"Our liberty depends on the freedom of the press, and that cannot be limited without being lost." - Thomas Jefferson

"Without debate, without criticism, no Administration and no country can succeed — and no republic can survive. ... And that is why our press was protected by the First Amendment — the only business in America specifically protected by the Constitution." - John F. Kennedy

"I’m pretty blunt and pretty frank about the fact that societies that repress journalists ultimately oppress people as well, and that if you want a society that is free and vibrant and successful, part of that formula is the free flow of information, of ideas, and that requires a free press." - Barack Obama

"If in other lands the press and books and literature of all kinds are censored, we must redouble our efforts here to keep them free." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

I agree with that, as does my country's constitution:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Trump disagrees, calling the free press the "enemy of the American people."

Bush's view as the most recent Republican president is certainly something to take into consideration, seeing as it's at odds with the current Republican president, many presidents before him, and the constitution he swore to uphold.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:49 pm

The press should be free to be independent/objective, raise legitimate questions and ultimately to tell the truth...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:51 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

The press should be free to be independent/objective, raise legitimate questions and ultimately to tell the truth...

Which is exactly what Bush is asserting, what you and I agree with, and what Trump disagrees with.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:55 pm

I don't agree that the press is behaving as they should...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:15 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

I don't agree that the press is behaving as they should...

Ultimately that doesn't matter (and is a very anti-democratic impulse to act upon, for Trump). Obama didn't like his treatment from Fox News but he didn't paint a target on their backs.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:18 am

eddie wrote:
I take what he says with a pinch of salt. That guy was just as corrupt as Trump.

Idea

Not really, eddie...

The last POTUS that comes close is Richard Nixon...

And he still took more than a year to pass what Trump managed in less than a month.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:22 am

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:
eddie wrote:I take what he says with a pinch of salt. That guy was just as corrupt as Trump.

What do find corrupt about President Trump ? I see his election as a good thing - the biggest difference between Trump and other parties he is actually doing what he said he would .

That's what the people voted for they were sick of the establishment not keeping promises .

We can find a debunk for almost everything discussed and it seems that because Hilary was set up to win regardless the Hilary supporters don't like it - just like our Brexit the government were so sure we would vote remain it shook them to the core when it went the other way .

Arrow

25.4% of eligible American voters elected Trump...

And you consider that a democratic majority, expressing "the Will of the People" ?
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Independent Thoughts Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:59 am

Hmmm... not really understanding why the Liberals are touting this as their coup de grace. If we're going quote on what former president said of the president, at that time, then let's not forget what good ole' Bill had to say about Obama:

Bill Clinton wrote:
Now, if you don’t believe we can all grow together again, if you don’t believe we’re ever going to grow again, if you believe it’s more important to re-litigate the past, there may be many reasons that you don’t want to support her.

But if you believe we can all rise together, if you believe we’ve finally come to the point where we can put the awful legacy of the last eight years behind us and the seven years before that — when we were practicing trickle-down economics and no regulation in Washington which is what caused the crash — then you should vote for her because she’s the only person who basically has good ideas, will tell you how she’s going to pay for them, can be commander-in-chief and is a proven change-maker with Republicans and Democrats and independents alike.
Speaking at a campaign rally for his wife in Spokane, Wash., March, 2016

Hear it straight from Bill's mouth, here:

As TM commented, it seems that the Liberals and Democrats have stooped to a very low bar. To herald the words of the man that they defiled and outwardly hated is like the US pointing to ISIS and saying, "See! They agree too! Woo hoo!"
Desperate times call for desperate measures, huh Dems?

Independent Thoughts
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:49 am

Rear view mirror, IT.  Rear view mirror.

The question was, what has the man in charge done for us lately?

While you're figuring out the answer, there's a 19.5% share of ownership missing in Rosznet (Russia's state run oil company).  Now who could have gotten that chunk of the action?  Someone important, I'll bet. Someone who could move that oil to the market, perhaps?  "19.5% of Rosneft (Russia's State Oil Co) Sold to Unknown Parties?"  http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/1/30/1627621/-19-5-of-Rosneft-Russia-s-State-Oil-Co-Sold-to-Unknown-Parties

Hmmm...isn't that the industry that is stymied by US sanctions on Russia?  Isn't that the industry that has contracted with ExxonMobile to move 77% of the oil to market?  My my...isn't that the same ExxonMobile who's CEO, Rex Tillerson, has just been named Trump's Secretary of State?  So many facets, so little time.

Wow...I'm getting confused.  Let's just deal with the simple stuff...where do you think that 19.5% share of Roznet could end up?  Who will we find is going to cash it in??  Do you think we will find it in the cobwebs of Trump's tax returns??

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:23 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
eddie wrote:

Idea

Not really,  eddie...

The last POTUS that comes close is Richard Nixon...

And he still took more than a year to pass what Trump managed in less than a month.

I simply don't think holding up something Bush has said is a good idea. He was a terrible president.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:26 pm

Are you people completely ignoring the content of what he said?

Jesus, you get so fixated on the person that you can't even decide whether what he's saying is right or not.

That's about 90 percent of what's wrong with this site, by the way ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:42 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Are you people completely ignoring the content of what he said?

Jesus, you get so fixated on the person that you can't even decide whether what he's saying is right or not.

I totally agree with your last sentence and because that kind of thinking irks me....okay, so I re-read what Bush actually said.
And he's right.

Still don't like him though and that's my right as a Britshit. Cool
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:22 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Are you people completely ignoring the content of what he said?

People here do the same to me all the time...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:27 pm

I don't like Bush but at least he followed Presidential standards. and Still fir all his faults and illegal war, didn't fight against the constitution of the USA. Attacking the free press and isolating the 'office of president' from public scrutiny via the media is the complete contradictory to the ideals of America's founding fathers
THAT were far smarter than any of the current clowns!!!

Washington, Jefferson and Franklin would be spinning in their graves over the way President Trump is disgracing the office.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:35 pm

I liked George Bush.  I tried to dislike him cos of some of the things he stood for but I just could not bring myself to dislike him. He was often  unintentionally funny. VERY funny!  Very entertaining. And what he said about Trump in the OP is true.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:58 am

Lord Independent Thoughts wrote:
Hmmm... not really understanding why the Liberals are touting this as their coup de grace.....
Shocked

So, now then,  dipshIT....

You now consider GWB a "liberal",  do you  ???

I suppose that shows just how far to the right you place yourself in these discussions.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:24 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Lord Independent Thoughts wrote:
Hmmm... not really understanding why the Liberals are touting this as their coup de grace.....
Shocked

So, now then,  dipshIT....

You now consider GWB a "liberal",   do you  ???

I suppose that shows just how far to the right you place yourself in these discussions.

Idiot!!!

Totally failing to grasp the point!

lol!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:38 pm

The recent thread about a statement Trump had made proved that. it was pointed out as the thread progressed.
I am not a Trump fan, but what he said on that day was spot on....but just because he had said it everyone was picking holes in it.

The same mentality is used often (by a minority here) of judging posters.....its not what they say its because THEY have said it that provokes reaction.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:56 pm

Quite true Syl, I had noticed.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:57 pm

nicko wrote:Quite true Syl,  I had noticed.

I should think quite a few people know that goes on Nicko....its not even subtle. Wink
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:24 pm

Syl wrote:

The recent thread about a statement Trump had made proved that. it was pointed  out as the thread progressed.
I am not a Trump fan, but what he said on that day was spot on....but just because he had said it everyone was picking holes in it.

The same mentality is used often (by a minority here) of judging posters.....its not what they say its because THEY have said it that provokes reaction.

The point of that thread, though, was that Trump never actually said any of that. The DYK was lying.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:31 pm

Dykhead lying?
Surely not.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:58 pm

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:27 pm

Green from me Syl!

That was what I was saying earlier here too...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:46 pm

Syl wrote:

The recent thread about a statement Trump had made proved that. it was pointed  out as the thread progressed.

What statement by Trump was spot on?
You seem to only be eluding to claiming its spot on, based solely on yours or others opinion.
So present the statement and then back up your claim with reasons?

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:55 pm

This one.....

"we all agree on the need to better secure the border and punish employers who chose to hire illegal immigrants, we are a generous and welcoming people in the united states but those who enter the country illegally and those who employ them disrespect the rule of law and they are showing disregard for those who are following the law.
We simply cannot allow people to pour into the united states, undetected, undocumented, unchecked and circumventing the line of people who are waiting patiently diligently and lawfully to become immigrants in this country"
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:59 pm

Syl wrote:This one.....

"we all agree on the need to better secure the border and punish employers who chose to hire illegal immigrants, we are a generous and welcoming people in the united states but those who enter the country illegally and those who employ them disrespect the rule of law and they are showing disregard for those who are following the law.
We simply cannot allow people to pour into the united states, undetected, undocumented, unchecked and circumventing the line of people who are waiting patiently diligently and lawfully to become immigrants in this country"

Again, Trump didn't say that. The DYK deceptively edited the language from the Democratic Party platform from nine years ago and played it off as though Trump said it -- I proved that in the original thread. http://www.newsfixboard.com/t19676-donald-trump-the-president-of-the-united-states-of-america-is-absolutely-right#380382
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:03 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:

Again, Trump didn't say that. The DYK deceptively edited the language from the Democratic Party platform from nine years ago and played it off as though Trump said it -- I proved that in the original thread. http://www.newsfixboard.com/t19676-donald-trump-the-president-of-the-united-states-of-america-is-absolutely-right#380382

OK...will check it out  myself...ta.

Edit....I can't find the exact quote. It does seem some of it was nicked from a 2005 speech by Obama.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:20 pm

Syl wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

Edit....I can't find the exact quote. It does seem some of it was nicked from a 2005 speech by Obama.

Here's the original document: http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=78283

I have no idea if The DYK edited his OP himself or found it somewhere else.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:24 pm

So why is it so bad for Trump to be saying similar and trying to do what Obama said he would do back then...?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:38 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Syl wrote:

Here's the original document: http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=78283

I have no idea if The DYK edited his OP himself or found it somewhere else.

Back 2005 Senator Obama said:....

"We simply cannot allow for people to pour in, undocumented, unchecked"....

Seems that sentence has been recycled quite a few times...no matter which party is in.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:51 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

So why is it so bad for Trump to be saying similar and trying to do what Obama said he would do back then...?

Corbyn shot to sudden popularity with  a 20 year old speech that even Ed Miliband rejected when it was eventually offered to him....Corbyn seized on it...and suddenly he was hailed as the saviour of the labour party...which since then turned out to be their downfall.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:03 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

You're still not getting it, Tommy. TRUMP NEVER SAID THAT. The DYK put words into Trump's mouth. He wanted the lefties here to jump over themselves bashing a fake Trump quote, only to then reveal it was the Democrats' language.

I'm not so much bothered by that, but he (or someone else) selectively edited that language to remove some of the compassionate and more reasonable notes that it sounded.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:06 am

How is it spot on?

There has been a whole thread on this very claim already?

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t19676-donald-trump-the-president-of-the-united-states-of-america-is-absolutely-right

So again, how was he spot on?

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:12 am

Thorin wrote:

How is it spot on?

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t19676-donald-trump-the-president-of-the-united-states-of-america-is-absolutely-right

Well it turns out he didn't say that anyway....so he wasn't.
HAD he said it....he would have been.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:14 am

Syl wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Corbyn shot to sudden popularity with  a 20 year old speech that even Ed Miliband rejected when it was eventually offered to him....Corbyn seized on it...and suddenly he was hailed as the saviour of the labour party...which since then turned out to be their downfall.

I think you will find that Corbyn's "popularity" was not entirely unrelated to the fact that he had been "elected" for the first time largely by a huge number of, shall we say, assorted Trots, Marxists, Socialist Worker sellers, malcontents, etc.,etc. who were given the right to vote provided they paid three quid into the Labour Party's coffers, and for the second time by the same bunch who had to cough up 25 quid (inflation, you know!) - though refundable by the trade unions who were supporting the Corbyn candidature.

OK, a crude and over simplified analysis I will admit...but I think that Corbyn, a decent and sincere bloke perhaps, would last six months at the most as Prime Minister, in the unlikely event of a Labour win, before being forcibly replaced by the infinitely more dangerous Macdonnell.

The present state of the Labour Party worries me sick. What this country needs is a strong and united Opposition - in the interests of democracy. What we have is the most dysfunctional and ineffectual Opposition I have ever seen in a long, long lifetime.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:16 am

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:

How is it spot on?

Well it turns out he didn't say that anyway....so he wasn't.
HAD he said it....he would have been.

So in your opinion then it was spot on?

Even though I have already reasoned why to me its not spot on?

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:26 am

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Syl wrote:

I think you will find that Corbyn's "popularity" was not entirely unrelated to the fact that he had been "elected" for the first time largely by a huge number of, shall we say, assorted Trots, Marxists, Socialist Worker sellers, malcontents, etc.,etc. who were given the right to vote provided they paid three quid into the Labour Party's coffers,  and for the second time by the same bunch who had to cough up 25 quid (inflation, you know!) - though refundable by the trade unions who were supporting the Corbyn candidature.

OK, a crude and over simplified analysis I will admit...but I think that Corbyn, a decent and sincere bloke perhaps, would last six months at the most as Prime Minister, in the unlikely event of a Labour win, before being forcibly replaced by the infinitely more dangerous Macdonnell.

The present state of the Labour Party worries me sick. What this country needs is a strong and united Opposition  - in the interests of democracy. What we have is the most dysfunctional  and ineffectual Opposition I have ever seen in a long, long lifetime.
I am not really into the ins and out of politics, personally I had never heard of Corbyn till he made that speech. I don't like him, I think he has put the last nail in a labour party that had been run into the ground over the last few years.
I have no idea what the choice will be when the next election comes round....I will never vote cons, which leaves......nothing.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next