NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facial reconstruction made of 'brutally-killed' Pictish man

3 posters

Go down

Facial reconstruction made of 'brutally-killed' Pictish man Empty Facial reconstruction made of 'brutally-killed' Pictish man

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:40 pm

Facial reconstruction made of 'brutally-killed' Pictish man _94686734_d08fc00c-06e2-47bf-a0f4-233c3c5fecb3

The face of a Pictish man who was "brutally killed" 1,400 years ago has been reconstructed by Dundee University researchers.

Archaeologists found the man's skeleton buried in a recess of a cave in the Black Isle, Ross-shire.
Forensic anthropologist Dame Sue Black and her team at the Centre for Anatomy and Human Identification (CAHID) have now detailed the man's injuries. He was found in a cross-legged position with stones holding down his limbs.

Prof Black said the "fascinating" skeleton was in a remarkable state of preservation.
She said: "From studying his remains, we learned a little about his short life but much more about his violent death.

"As you can see from the facial reconstruction, he was a striking young man, but he met a very brutal end, suffering a minimum of five severe injuries to his head."

The CAHID team includes Dr Christopher Rynn and PhD students Micol Zuppello, Viviane Lira and Samantha Goodchild.

Prof Black said the first three impacts broke the man's teeth, and fractured his left jaw and the back of his head.

She said: "The fourth impact was intended to end his life as probably the same weapon was driven through his skull from one side and out the other as he lay on the ground."
The fifth blow was to the top of the man's skull.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-39002843

That face to me looks familiar to me, as if similar to someone famous, but cannot place as to who.

Back to top Go down

Facial reconstruction made of 'brutally-killed' Pictish man Empty Re: Facial reconstruction made of 'brutally-killed' Pictish man

Post by Syl Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:31 pm

I read he had been nicknamed Brad Pitt...I cant see the similarity myself, he looks a bit like the way Jesus is often portrayed to me.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Facial reconstruction made of 'brutally-killed' Pictish man Empty Re: Facial reconstruction made of 'brutally-killed' Pictish man

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:45 pm

Syl wrote:I read he had been nicknamed Brad Pitt...I cant see the similarity myself, he looks a bit like the way Jesus is often portrayed to me.

Its interesting how Jesus is depicted in the West as European and not Semitic in features.
Its really bugging me where I have seen that face

Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:02 pm

Not bad looking man. Yeah Syl he is like we've all come to see Jesus as.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:42 pm

one of the characters out of LoTR?
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down