NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do angels exist on earth?

+7
magica
nicko
Original Quill
HoratioTarr
'Wolfie
eddie
Syl
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Do angels exist on earth? - Page 2 Empty Do angels exist on earth?

Post by Syl Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

Do you believe stories when people say a miraculous stranger helped them cheat death....then disappeared without trace?

I read once of a woman drowning in the sea, suddenly a man silently appeared, held her, she felt a soothing calm as he swam to shore with her, people tended to her on the beach till she recovered, but none of them had seen the man who saved her, he just wasn't there.

I heard a celeb say once that she believed her dead daughter visited her when she was at her lowest ebb, she always left a white feather behind. I have seen the white feather on several occasions after my mum died, often in the strangest of places, but always when I have been thinking of her.

Are things like this coincidence....or do angels really exist?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Do angels exist on earth? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do angels exist on earth?

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:02 am

Thorin wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:Maybe instead of looking for magical angels that don't exist, we could recognize the angels who are real and are right in front of us if we'd only notice them:

+ 1

We should be applauding real life heroes, the real angels

cheers

Too true,  there...

There are countless real world "angels" out there, scattered across the volunteer services, charities and myriad carers and helpers, going about their business without applause or fanfare..

Our world would be a much darker and desperate place without them.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:16 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Thorin wrote:

+ 1

We should be applauding real life heroes, the real angels

cheers

Too true,  there...

There are countless real world "angels" out there, scattered across the volunteer services, charities and myriad carers and helpers, going about their business without applause or fanfare..

Our world would be a much darker and desperate place without them.

Agreed Wolf.
These are the real heroes, who no matter the situation, would place their own lives at risk to help save others.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:36 pm

I think there is a difference between heroes and angels....at least as we perceive them.
My opinion is that many heroic acts are done instinctively, often by everyday people, not trained or used to dangerous situations. Simply put heroes are people who don't look the other way when they see something bad happening.

Last edited by Syl on Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:49 pm

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:

People have also asked the same of God for generations, 'Why would a loving God see innocents suffer?' It doesn't stop them believing though does it?

But that is the point Syl
If they existed, be it a god or an angel, why intervene for anyone?
Either you care about all people, or you do not care at all.
This is why such claims, lack credibility, as how can there be beings that can help and sit by and watch while millions suffer daily?
Like Eilzel has stated, what is their purpose and why and who do they select some and not others?
To me its just fanciful thinking, to events that are attributable to the acts of humans who save lives.
I mean if there are angels, who can help save people and they then actually allow millions of children to suffer. Then do they then quantify to be called an angel?
To sit by and do nothing when  you can do something, is ethically appalling.

It seems so, but maybe they each have their own jobs to do on earth and cant interfere just because they see a different tragedy, maybe some things are meant to happen...call it fate, I don't know.

This is American evangelist Billy Grahams take on angels.

"Because they are spiritual and not physical beings, the angels usually are invisible and unseen by us. In fact, one of heaven’s joys, I believe, will be the joy of looking back over our lives and discovering just how often the angels intervened to save us or bless us — although we weren’t even aware of it at the time. The Psalmist said that God “will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways” (Psalm 91:11).

Nevertheless, the Bible also tells us that at times the angels have become visible. When God announced to the Virgin Mary that she would bear His Son, He used the angel Gabriel to convey the news to her (see Luke 1:26-38). When Jesus’ birth was announced to the shepherds outside Bethlehem, “a great company of the heavenly host appeared … praising God” (Luke 2:13). Many other examples from the Bible could be cited.

Do angels still appear? I’m convinced they do on occasion — although sometimes we may not even be aware of them, because they have chosen to appear as ordinary human beings. We should thank God for His angels, but at the same time, we shouldn’t become overly preoccupied with them
."
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2