NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do angels exist on earth?

+7
magica
nicko
Original Quill
HoratioTarr
'Wolfie
eddie
Syl
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Do angels exist on earth? Empty Do angels exist on earth?

Post by Syl Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:27 pm

Do you believe stories when people say a miraculous stranger helped them cheat death....then disappeared without trace?

I read once of a woman drowning in the sea, suddenly a man silently appeared, held her, she felt a soothing calm as he swam to shore with her, people tended to her on the beach till she recovered, but none of them had seen the man who saved her, he just wasn't there.

I heard a celeb say once that she believed her dead daughter visited her when she was at her lowest ebb, she always left a white feather behind. I have seen the white feather on several occasions after my mum died, often in the strangest of places, but always when I have been thinking of her.

Are things like this coincidence....or do angels really exist?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Do angels exist on earth? Empty Re: Do angels exist on earth?

Post by eddie Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:50 pm

Well I am a believer in all things spiritual, or should I say I'm very open to these things.

I don't know if I've ever seen or had an angel visit me, but I have had some pretty strange experiences and I can be uncannily psychic but only with certain people.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:01 pm

grin angel

I don't believe in "angels" as they are depicted in modern 'spiritual' mythologies...

Nor do I believe in Satan, hell or purgatory --  a load of juvenile rubbish dreamt up by empire-building church hierarchies around 1-->>2 thousand years ago to help build power over their 'flocks'..

And for the record the modern-day Americanised superstitious rubbish about 'guardian angels' has zero connection to the 'Abrahamic' religious teachings.          really the devil

Last edited by WhoseYourWolfie on Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:04 pm

Syl wrote:Do you believe stories when people say a miraculous stranger helped them cheat death....then disappeared without trace?

I read once of a woman drowning in the sea, suddenly a man silently appeared, held her, she felt a soothing calm as he swam to shore with her, people tended to her on the beach till she recovered, but none of them had seen the man who saved her, he just wasn't there.

I heard a celeb say once that she believed her dead daughter visited her when she was at her lowest ebb, she always left a white feather behind. I have seen the white feather on several occasions after my mum died, often in the strangest of places, but always when I have been thinking of her.

I have several stories like this.   I'll relate two of the most profound (for me at least).   One, when my dog was diagnosed with a heart condition and I thought he was going to die.   I sat in the bathroom and cried, and when I looked up there was a great big fat white feather sitting in the middle of the room.   It hadn't been there when I entered the room.   My dog went on to live another 6 years.  

Once on holiday I asked someone close to me who'd passed if they'd show me a sign that they were there that they could hear me.   I was standing in the sea at the time, nobody around me, and I asked them to bring me a fish.   I thought, how hard can that be?  The sea's full of 'em.   I waited and waited and nothing.  So I went and sat down next to hubby and proceeded to sunbathe.    10 mins later, hubby nudged me saying....'Look at that!'    I looked up.  The sky held one massive fuck off cloudy fish.   Gills, eyes, fins, the lot.   We sat there staring at it in amazement, then I fumbled for my camera and took the shot.   Bearing in mind this photo was taken at least four minutes after we first saw it and the cloud was beginning to fragment by the time I snapped.   But it was a fish alright.

Do angels exist on earth? 16830821_10154507442732753_3735441257220667603_n
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:07 pm

eddie wrote:Well I am a believer in all things spiritual, or should I say I'm very open to these things.

I don't know if I've ever seen or had an angel visit me, but I have had some pretty strange experiences and I can be uncannily psychic but only with certain people.

Open minded is good, I suppose I am to most things, how one dimensional would the world be if nothing spiritual ever happened to anyone?
I do believe some people are more psychic than others, I'm not, but I certainly believe some people are aware of things that pass me by .
The human brain is a mystery...maybe some people have a part of it more developed and open to spiritulism than others.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:18 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:Do you believe stories when people say a miraculous stranger helped them cheat death....then disappeared without trace?

I have several stories like this.   I'll relate two of the most profound (for me at least).   One, when my dog was diagnosed with a heart condition and I thought he was going to die.   I sat in the bathroom and cried, and when I looked up there was a great big fat white feather sitting in the middle of the room.   It hadn't been there when I entered the room.   My dog went on to live another 6 years.  

Once on holiday I asked someone close to me who'd passed if they'd show me a sign that they were there that they could hear me.   I was standing in the sea at the time, nobody around me, and I asked them to bring me a fish.   I thought, how hard can that be?  The sea's full of 'em.   I waited and waited and nothing.  So I went and sat down next to hubby and proceeded to sunbathe.    10 mins later, hubby nudged me saying....'Look at that!'    I looked up.  The sky held one massive fuck off cloudy fish.   Gills, eyes, fins, the lot.   We sat there staring at it in amazement, then I fumbled for my camera and took the shot.   Bearing in mind this photo was taken at least four minutes after we first saw it and the cloud was beginning to fragment by the time I snapped.   But it was a fish alright.

Do angels exist on earth? 16830821_10154507442732753_3735441257220667603_n

I love those stories and I can tell they are very special to you.
I love the idea that white feathers are sent by a lost loved one to comfort.

I had heard someone speaking about this years ago (it was Gloria Hunniford talking about her daughter who had recently passed, and how she believed the white feathers were from her)
After my mum passed we were in Wales a few weeks later, I found a large snow white feather, and I said to my OH, this is from my Mum....we walked on, and saw a couple of swans on the river....we laughed about that, the feather was obviously from one of the swans.

But....since then I have found many white feathers, especially when I have been thinking of her. Some have just appeared beside me, a couple I have actually found in the house (and there are no swans here) one once almost floated into my bag which was open.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:58 pm

A dragonfly hovered over my uncles bed when he was dying (at home) we all saw it. It was there for hours and wouldn't leave.
It left in the morning and my uncle died an hour or so later. My cousin always associates dragonflies with her dad now and sees them at strange times and often, when she's crying.

I never see them.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:17 pm

eddie wrote:A dragonfly hovered over my uncles bed when he was dying (at home) we all saw it. It was there for hours and wouldn't leave.
It left in the morning and my uncle died an hour or so later. My cousin always associates dragonflies with her dad now and sees them at strange times and often, when she's crying.

I never see them.

I am terrified of dragon flies, but that seems really odd, maybe he had some sort of affinity with them?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:39 pm

No idea. But my aunt and cousin got him a bench for their local park, a place he liked to sit, and they quite often see one hovering around whenever they go there.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:55 pm

I believe it.

I often look at those benches and wonder about the people who sat in them...its a lovely idea.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:14 pm

Angels are an extension of the old man in the sky theory, which I don't buy.

However, there is a strong possibility that there are aliens who can, and do walk among us.  If they could master the speed and distances require to get here, transmutation would probably be a piece of cake.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:26 pm

Just before my Mom died she said" if it's possible to come back I will"

I'v been waiting nearly 20 years now !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:31 pm

nicko wrote:Just before my Mom died she said" if it's possible to come back I will"

Quite possibly she's back, but they don't have cell phone service in Burundi.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:34 pm

I like to think white butterflies are the spirit of passed loved ones. Just my thoughts
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:35 pm

Burundi???
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:20 pm

nicko wrote:Just before my Mom died she said" if it's possible to come back I will"

Waiting for what?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:22 pm

nicko wrote:Burundi???

Burundi, officially the Republic of Burundi, is a landlocked country in the African Great Lakes region of East Africa, bordered by Rwanda to the north, Tanzania to the east and south, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo to the west.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:34 pm

No. Of course I can't prove that, but as I don't believe in magic, my answer is no by default. At the same time, there is no harm in believing in them.

I think people tend to see what they want to see. What one person sees as a miracle I would see as explanable or coincidence.

I don't agree with the idea of there being notjing spiritual making the world one dimensional. I think the universe and humans are far too interesting for that to ever be the case.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:06 am

Well what you have to ask, is where is all these angels, when millions of children die each year from starvation, disease, car crashes, natural disasters etc?

What you should be asking, is if such things exist, why they are selective in saving some random people and clearly sit by and let millions of children suffer and die in agony?

Frankly, if I met such an angel, if they existed. I would no doubt punch one in the face, for the fact, that they are able to act, yet let countless suffer.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:22 am

eddie wrote:A dragonfly hovered over my uncles bed when he was dying (at home) we all saw it. It was there for hours and wouldn't leave.

I never see them.

Oddly similar story, Suspect Suspect
when my grandmother (mum's mum) died there was red lady beetles.
I keep finding little wooden ones around confused confused confused
I found the first one a couple of weeks after she died and thought it's cute and put it somewhere (handmade bowl of random things)
It looks like it fell of something since it has residual glue on the bottom... I don't know what since it is not from anything I own. confused confused
over the years they have kept appearing I have like half a dozen now, even found a new one when I was unpacking boxes in my new house Suspect Suspect I have no idea how it got there

My 2 other wired spiritual 'things' (I too like to keep an open mind, but am naturally skeptical of all things, believing in logic and reason)

the first is my birth.
My mum and dad had tried for over a year and couldn't fall pregnant they went to the doctors and were told nothing was wrong, a nurse half jokingly told my mum 'you should try praying'..
My mum not Believing in Christian 'God' decided to pray to her grandmother (her mum's mum) which she said was quite unusual and she wasn't sure why she was no closer to her than other dead relatives.. she had hardly thought about her in years.
Well she fell pregnant and I was born on my great grandmother's birthday Neutral the one she prayed to.

the 2nd and the reason I bought this farmhouse
when I walked through the door at the inspection (I had decided to make a long weekend of a trip down to the region to check out half a dozen houses I had seen online) I heard a voice, one I knew only I could hear and had a weird 'chill' like a split second shudder but not scary.... the voice which was female and sounded slightly elderly and 'relieved' like a wife or mother that had been waiting...
It said "you're home" .....
the first night I slept there I had a weird dream, which I woke from only half remembering... but there was a clear message in the same voice that stuck in my head "look after my Roses"
Do angels exist on earth? 1363015401
(you better believe, I am looking after the roses with greatest of care)

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:12 am

H/T,waiting for my Mom.

Quill, still don't know what Burundi has to do with it
Veya, I know where Burundi is, i'v been there !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:58 pm

veya_victaous wrote:

I never see them.

Oddly similar story, Suspect Suspect
when my grandmother (mum's mum) died there was red lady beetles.
I keep finding little wooden ones around confused confused confused
I found the first one a couple of weeks after she died and thought it's cute and put it somewhere (handmade bowl of random things)
It looks like it fell of something since it has residual glue on the bottom... I don't know what since it is not from anything I own. confused confused
over the years they have kept appearing I have like half a dozen now, even found a new one when I was unpacking boxes in my new house Suspect Suspect  I have no idea how it got there

My 2 other wired spiritual 'things' (I too like to keep an open mind, but am naturally skeptical of all things, believing in logic and reason)

the first is my birth.
My mum and dad had tried for over a year and couldn't fall pregnant they went to the doctors and were told nothing was wrong, a nurse half jokingly told my mum 'you should try praying'..
My mum not Believing in Christian 'God' decided to pray to her grandmother (her mum's mum) which she said was quite unusual and she wasn't sure why she was no closer to her than other dead relatives.. she had hardly thought about her in years.
Well she fell pregnant and I was born on my great grandmother's birthday  Neutral  the one she prayed to.

the 2nd and the reason I bought this farmhouse
when I walked through the door at the inspection (I had decided to make a long weekend of a trip down to the region to check out half a dozen houses I had seen online) I heard a voice, one I knew only I could hear and had a weird 'chill' like a split second shudder but not scary.... the voice which was female and sounded slightly elderly and 'relieved' like a wife or mother that had been waiting...
It said  "you're home" .....
the first night I slept there I had a weird dream, which I woke from only half remembering... but there was a clear message in the same voice that stuck in my head "look after my Roses"  
Do angels exist on earth? 1363015401
(you better believe, I am looking after the roses with greatest of care)

Interesting stories, some things just cant be explained but you know yourself they did happen, and even if you don't understand it they have some meaning.

My son was hyperactive, he slept very little, we were prescribed medicine for him but I stopped using it when I realised it was nothing more than a drug to knock him out. So it went on.

The first night he actually slept through was when he was exactly 3 years and 4 months old. He fell asleep and stayed asleep, woke up fresh in the morning....we couldn't believe it, from that day on he slept normally.
I told my mum what had happened, she worked out the dates, and it was exactly the age her only son had died .
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:28 pm

Thorin wrote:

Well what you have to ask, is where is all these angels, when millions of children die each year from starvation, disease, car crashes, natural disasters etc?

What you should be asking, is if such things exist, why they are selective in saving some random people and clearly sit by and let millions of children suffer and die in agony?

Frankly, if I met such an angel, if they existed. I would no doubt punch one in the face, for the fact, that they are able to act, yet let countless suffer.

People have also asked the same of God for generations, 'Why would a loving God see innocents suffer?' It doesn't stop them believing though does it?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:29 pm

nicko wrote:H/T,waiting for my Mom.

Quill, still don't know what Burundi has to do with it
Veya, I know where Burundi is, i'v been there !

What I meant was, what signs were you waiting for?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:30 pm

Eilzel wrote:No. Of course I can't prove that, but as I don't believe in magic, my answer is no by default. At the same time, there is no harm in believing in them.

I think people tend to see what they want to see. What one person sees as a miracle I would see as explanable or coincidence.

I don't agree with the idea of there being notjing spiritual making the world one dimensional. I think the universe and humans are far too interesting for that to ever be the case.

Fair point....I cant really explain any clearer what I meant, but it came out wrong. scratch
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:33 pm

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:

People have also asked the same of God for generations, 'Why would a loving God see innocents suffer?' It doesn't stop them believing though does it?

My belief is angels are simply energy beings and that they do not interfere with human lives. If your karmic pathway or life blueprint is destined to die in childhood, by accident, disease etc...then that's it. They don't interfere because it's what's meant to be. Why would one choose to die in childhood of say...cancer? Who knows? Perhaps that child as an advanced soul entity chose that pathway to learn, or teach others. Perhaps it held some karmic debt that had to be paid. If you believe in God, and a higher energy then that's the most logical explanation. If you don't, then it's a case of life is often shit then you die and it's all over.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:29 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:

My belief is angels are simply energy beings and that they do not interfere with human lives.   If your karmic pathway or life blueprint is destined to die in childhood, by accident, disease etc...then that's it.   They don't interfere because it's what's meant to be.  Why would one choose to die in childhood of say...cancer?   Who knows?  Perhaps that child as an advanced soul entity chose that pathway to learn, or teach others.   Perhaps it held some karmic debt that had to be paid.   If you believe in God, and a higher energy then that's the most logical explanation.   If you don't, then it's a case of life is often shit then you die and it's all over.

OK first of all, while I disagree with pretty much everything you just said, I do not think people should give red stripes (unless the alcoholic variety!) just cause of someone's view, so here's a alien

Now to respond.

1. If angels simply exist, with no explanation, then I do have to ask how and to what purpose? And who decides 'what's meant to be'?

2. Karmic debt? A child is a new life, surely (maybe recycled energy or stardust, but that consciousness is new, it learns only from the beginning or its relatively short existence). Why should that new life have to suffer, sometimes immensely, due to the actions of some previous, unconsciously connected life-form?

3. No, not believing does not mean we see it as 'life is often shit then you die and it's over'. Life can be shit, it can also be a wonderful thing to be appreciated and taken advantage of with what little time we have. I appreciate that is not so easy for many people. But we have so many opportunities to experience love, learning, discovery, passions, creativity, awe and so on. It seems such a shame to consider life as nothing but a chore to get through until reaching some wonderful end point.

I don't disagree on the end being it though. It really probably is. All the more reason to enjoy it while we are here then Wink
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:39 pm

Wow some really strange stories Veya and Syl
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:58 pm

No such thing as God or Angels, invented by holy men to frighten the population into doing what They wont, and handing over their cash

If you believe in all this that's ok by me, your free to do so, if It brings you peace and happiness I wouldn't try to change you.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:07 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:

My belief is angels are simply energy beings and that they do not interfere with human lives.   If your karmic pathway or life blueprint is destined to die in childhood, by accident, disease etc...then that's it.   They don't interfere because it's what's meant to be.  Why would one choose to die in childhood of say...cancer?   Who knows?  Perhaps that child as an advanced soul entity chose that pathway to learn, or teach others.   Perhaps it held some karmic debt that had to be paid.   If you believe in God, and a higher energy then that's the most logical explanation.   If you don't, then it's a case of life is often shit then you die and it's all over.

Pretty much exactly what I think.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:54 pm

HT, YOU GOT THE LAST LINE RIGHT.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:48 pm

I love the stories people have told, I also understand the scepticism of others....the bottom line is there is no real proof either way.

The strange happenings could possibly be coincidence, or just the way the brain or mind works to bring comfort or help when people are in need of it...or a sixth sense that some people seem to have and others don't.

The more stories I hear the more I tend to believe that there are such things on earth as guardian angels.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:51 pm

I don't know enough about Guardian Angels, it's not something I've ever really looked into. It's an interesting topic though and a great thread.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:54 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:

This is really interesting but a bit deep for me.

If a child suffers and dies because it owes a debt to God,( or whoever is in charge Cool ) that smacks of a very vengeful God indeed to take past sins out on an innocent child.
I find it hard to get my brain round that one.
I don't believe the theory that some people suffer in this life because they were bad in a previous life.....I do believe in reincarnation, but I would hope we all start off with a clean sheet.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:55 pm

eddie wrote:I don't know enough about Guardian Angels, it's not something I've ever really looked into.  It's an interesting topic though and a great thread.

I love exploring topics like this Eddie, and hearing of peoples experiences and theories.
Apart from close friends and family, its not something you can often discuss with a wider variety of people.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:52 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:

That sounds more like Buddhism.

Re karmic debt, perhaps it's to do with having an unnatural death in a former life?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:27 pm

Buddist Monks are very spiritual beings. I love the Buddist faith except I don't believe in God but a higher entity in the spirit world.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:40 pm

magica wrote:Buddist Monks are very spiritual beings.  I love the Buddist faith  except I don't believe in God but a higher entity in the spirit world.

I really believe in what goes around comes around.
I hope whatever Karma people build up and give out is settled in this lifetime, and directed to the person themselves.
I would hate to think my wrongdoings will be used against a loved one....or vice versa.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:48 pm

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

If a child suffers and dies because it owes a debt to God,( or whoever is in charge  Cool ) that smacks of a very vengeful God indeed to take past sins out on an innocent child.
I don't believe the theory that some people suffer in this life because they were bad in a previous life.....I do believe in reincarnation, but I would hope we all start off with a clean sheet.

Karmic debit is nothing to do with anyone or anything but the soul.    How about if say, Ian Brady, had to come back and do it again, only this time he chose to be a child who gets murdered by someone like him?   Or he was the parent of a child who got murdered by someone like him?   So that he can appreciate the pain he caused.  

Odd how people always say....I hope that bastard burns in hell for what he did yet can't get their heads round the fact that that same evil bastard might come back as a child again.  There is no hell.  Hell is right here on earth for some people.   I think karma is a wonderful thing.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:51 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

That sounds more like Buddhism.

Re karmic debt, perhaps it's to do with having an unnatural death in a former life?

People think karma is negative but it's not necessarily so. A lot of bad things that happen are all down to human decisions and actions. God has nothing to do with it.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:53 pm

Syl wrote:
magica wrote:Buddist Monks are very spiritual beings.  I love the Buddist faith  except I don't believe in God but a higher entity in the spirit world.

I really believe in what goes around comes around.
I hope whatever Karma people build up and give out is settled in this lifetime, and directed to the person themselves.
I would hate to think my wrongdoings will be used against a loved one....or vice versa.

The more spiritually aware or enlightened you are, the more you're subject to instant karma.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:00 pm

I don't think karmic debt works that way. It is a more gentle lesson.
Let's take Horatio's example of Ian Brady:

He would come back and be loved as a boy child and then he will meet another soul who was a child he murdered - but in this life it will be a women - he will then serve her in this relationship by "healing" her in some way, perhaps in her fear of men, and in that way he has repaid his debt to her. They won't stay together because karmic debt relationships are only there to fulfil a purpose then you move on. The idea is, once each person has fulfilled their debt to each other then they move on, when they don't their relationship will die anyway.

Only when you find a "twin flame" or soul mate, are you calm and settled forever amen etc

I don't know if I totally believe that but it makes sense to me.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:05 pm

Eilzel wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

OK first of all, while I disagree with pretty much everything you just said, I do not think people should give red stripes (unless the alcoholic variety!) just cause of someone's view, so here's a alien

Now to respond.

1. If angels simply exist, with no explanation, then I do have to ask how and to what purpose? And who decides 'what's meant to be'?

2. Karmic debt? A child is a new life, surely (maybe recycled energy or stardust, but that consciousness is new, it learns only from the beginning or its relatively short existence). Why should that new life have to suffer, sometimes immensely, due to the actions of some previous, unconsciously connected life-form?

3. No, not believing does not mean we see it as 'life is often shit then you die and it's over'. Life can be shit, it can also be a wonderful thing to be appreciated and taken advantage of with what little time we have. I appreciate that is not so easy for many people. But we have so many opportunities to experience love, learning, discovery, passions, creativity, awe and so on. It seems such a shame to consider life as nothing but a chore to get through until reaching some wonderful end point.

I don't disagree on the end being it though. It really probably is. All the more reason to enjoy it while we are here then Wink

Thanks for respecting my views. I try to do the same with people who believe in nothing but the matter we are composed of.

Angels, I'm not sure how much of them is actually mythology based on some kind of spiritual memory. I really don't believe in the winged kind...I think they are more likely highly evolved energies that do help us if we ask by giving us some comfort or energy from themselves when we need it. From what I've learned after years of studying spirituality and spiritualism, the spirit world is neither up nor down but all around us. There is no heaven. No hell. People have purpose over there just as they do here. They're the same people, only stripped of all the damage that's done to us in our life times down here. There are layers and layers within layers, both high and low in energy vibration.

Sometimes, I have periods where I think it's all bullshit. That there's nothing. But then something happens and I realise that there's more, so much more, than we'll ever understand while we're in physical incarnations. We aren't supposed to remember our past lives, just have a gut instinct about it. To remember would render it impossible to learn the lessons.

What are we here to discover? All the computations until we've learned it all. You can't do it all in one life. Just as you can't get a degree in one minute.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:22 pm

eddie wrote:I don't think karmic debt works that way. It is a more gentle lesson.
Let's take Horatio's example of Ian Brady:

He would come back and be loved as a boy child and then he will meet another soul who was a child he murdered - but in this life it will be a women - he will then serve her in this relationship by "healing" her in some way, perhaps in her fear of men, and in that way he has repaid his debt to her. They won't stay together because karmic debt relationships are only there to fulfil a purpose then you move on. The idea is, once each person has fulfilled their debt to each other then they move on, when they don't their relationship will die anyway.

Only when you find a "twin flame" or soul mate, are you calm and settled forever amen etc

I don't know if I totally believe that but it makes sense to me.

Badly damaged souls are isolated from other souls when they pass. Sometimes, it's a self inflicted isolation. Or sometimes, they're simply not allowed to contaminate others with their dark, heavy vibrations. They receive healing in the spirit world...a kind of re-modelling of their energies to clean them. Some souls are so terrified of retribution for their 'evils' they refuse to leave the earth planes because they think Hell actually exists for them. So they cling to the energy of the living.

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:33 pm

We may have to part ways on that line of thinking - I believe all souls are healed - or righted - when they reconnect with the "light" or energy or whatever word you wish to use.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:58 pm

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:

But that is the point Syl
If they existed, be it a god or an angel, why intervene for anyone?
Either you care about all people, or you do not care at all.
This is why such claims, lack credibility, as how can there be beings that can help and sit by and watch while millions suffer daily?
Like Eilzel has stated, what is their purpose and why and who do they select some and not others?
To me its just fanciful thinking, to events that are attributable to the acts of humans who save lives.
I mean if there are angels, who can help save people and they then actually allow millions of children to suffer. Then do they then quantify to be called an angel?
To sit by and do nothing when  you can do something, is ethically appalling.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:25 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Now to respond.

Thanks for respecting my views.    I try to do the same with people who believe in nothing but the matter we are composed of.  

Angels, I'm not sure how much of them is actually mythology based on some kind of spiritual memory.   I really don't believe in the winged kind...I think they are more likely highly evolved energies that do help us if we ask by giving us some comfort or energy from themselves when we need it.   From what I've learned after years of studying spirituality and spiritualism, the spirit world is neither up nor down but all around us.   There is no heaven.  No hell.   People have purpose over there just as they do here.  They're the same people, only stripped of all the damage that's done to us in our life times down here.   There are layers and layers within layers, both high and low in energy vibration.  

Sometimes, I have periods where I think it's all bullshit. That there's nothing.   But then something happens and I realise that there's more, so much more, than we'll ever understand while we're in physical incarnations.  We aren't supposed to remember our past lives, just have a gut instinct about it.   To remember would render it impossible to learn the lessons.

What are we here to discover?    All the computations until we've learned it all.   You can't do it all in one life.  Just as you can't get a degree in one minute.

I agree there is a lot about the universe and energy we don't understand, and never will in this life or a hypothetical next life.

What says we have to be here for a purpose?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:59 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

If a child suffers and dies because it owes a debt to God,( or whoever is in charge  Cool ) that smacks of a very vengeful God indeed to take past sins out on an innocent child.

Karmic debit is nothing to do with anyone or anything but the soul.    How about if say, Ian Brady, had to come back and do it again, only this time he chose to be a child who gets murdered by someone like him?   Or he was the parent of a child who got murdered by someone like him?   So that he can appreciate the pain he caused.  

Odd how people always say....I hope that bastard burns in hell for what he did yet can't get their heads round the fact that that same evil bastard might come back as a child again.  There is no hell.  Hell is right here on earth for some people.   I think karma is a wonderful thing.

Expanding on HT's post this gets even more complex (interesting) when you take in to account Quantum Physics and the non-liner time line (essentially the idea that from a 5th dimensional perceptive 'all time' is a single instant, like a 3 dimensional object is a series of 2 dimensional slices) it is entirely feasible that the child that dies in our time 'now' is simultaneously killing a child in a past or future 'now' let alone the possibly of alien reincarnation on the other side of the universe What a Face

those that think Science and logic have closed the door have just not gone far enough down the rabbit hole that is advanced physics.

I personally like the idea that universe is an egg and we(life) are all one being. this is just the formative stages of a far vaster being. there is a really good description of it pagan daily devotional thread.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:01 am

Maybe instead of looking for magical angels that don't exist, we could recognize the angels who are real and are right in front of us if we'd only notice them:

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:11 am

Ben Reilly wrote:Maybe instead of looking for magical angels that don't exist, we could recognize the angels who are real and are right in front of us if we'd only notice them:

+ 1

We should be applauding real life heroes, the real angels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next