NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you spend your Sundays?

4 posters

Go down

How do you spend your Sundays? Empty How do you spend your Sundays?

Post by Syl Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:52 pm

Is it one of your favourite days or are you glad when it's over?

I have a lie in....then read a paper (OH gets up earlier than me and has been to the shops to get a couple of papers)we have a light breakfast.

I will have a quick look on internet....then get ready and go for a drive out and a walk and a very late lunch, or pick grandson up, miss the walk (he is a lazy git) and have a meal out.
In winter back around 5pm....and just lozz around for the rest of the evening, OH watching football (yawn) me on laptop.

Boring...but nice.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

How do you spend your Sundays? Empty Re: How do you spend your Sundays?

Post by Guest Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:04 pm

Sunday we have a lie in - then have breakfast and go to church , if its summer we only go to church occasionally as we like to make the most of the warm weather - today we were helping out at our grandson's 5 birthday party - had a great day it was very noisy but love being included in the fun and the memories .

Off to see my dad at the nursing home around 6.30 for an hour . Then home and laptop while other half watches a film .

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:14 pm

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:Sunday we have a lie in - then have breakfast and go to church , if its summer we only go to church occasionally as we like to make the most of the warm weather - today we were helping out at our grandson's 5 birthday party - had a great day it was very noisy but love being included in the fun and the memories .

Off to see my dad at the nursing home around 6.30 for an hour . Then home and laptop while other half watches a film .

It sounds like you had a good day vod.
Cherish those birthday parties....it seems grandkids grow up so quickly, yesterday they are having a party with balloons and birthday cake, today they are off at uni, and their birthdays are spent away from home...how did that happen? scratch .

I hope your dad has settled in (did you say he was in the care home temporarily?)  I read you started a sing song and the other residents joined in, we used to do that when my mum was in a nursing home, it lifts the spirits.  Smile
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:41 pm

My Sundays are never the same every week, for some reason. Today I have done three loads of washing and drying, (thereby making the ironing pile bigger pfffff), and just doing bits here and there.
I cleared out the towel cupboard and was amazed at how many of my daughter's hair clips had found their way in there....

Pretty rainy day too so just had some chilled music on.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:56 pm

eddie wrote:My Sundays are never the same every week, for some reason. Today I have done three loads of washing and drying, (thereby making the ironing pile bigger pfffff), and just doing bits here and there.
I cleared out the towel cupboard and was amazed at how many of my daughter's hair clips had found their way in there....

Pretty rainy day too so just had some chilled music on.

Hair clips get everywhere don't they?
I wear my hair up now cos it's long again, and it's amazing how many clips I buy and then lose, they turn up in some amazing places. Shocked
Yes it's drizzled here too today, music helps get through a dreary day inside.
We sat in a café today and this played....it's been an ear worm for me since....the vid is a bit distracting from the tune.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:00 pm

I'm not mad keen on Houston songs, though her voice is beautiful.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:05 pm

I like the beat in the background....it's dead catchy.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:25 pm

Syl wrote:
Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:Sunday we have a lie in - then have breakfast and go to church , if its summer we only go to church occasionally as we like to make the most of the warm weather - today we were helping out at our grandson's 5 birthday party - had a great day it was very noisy but love being included in the fun and the memories .

Cherish those birthday parties....it seems grandkids grow up so quickly, yesterday they are having a party with balloons and birthday cake, today they are off at uni, and their birthdays are spent away from home...how did that happen? scratch .

I hope your dad has settled in (did you say he was in the care home temporarily?)  I read you started a sing song and the other residents joined in, we used to do that when my mum was in a nursing home, it lifts the spirits.  Smile

Its true , we only have one grandchild but there is talk of another one being planned Smile - got youngest son at uni he was the prodigal son but all is well with that and his partner is lovely - she was a nightmare when he first met her but she's grown up and they seem to be in love and well suited so I'm happy if they're happy .

Just come from seeing my dad - wow the change in him is just amazing . Three weeks ago he couldn't speak eat drink or do a single thing for himself - but now he is speaking better eating and drinking by himself , walking better and not falling so much i think we're down to one fall a day whereas before it was several times a day .

We're just so pleased with his progress and he is putting on weight now . So all in all today has been a very good day . Happy days cheers sunny

Sorry forgot to mention - we don't know how long he will be in - could be permanent but they said sometimes people improve so much they can go home - well for now we're happy for him to stay in as he is doing so well and we need to make sure he has the best care to get well . The sing song is planned for next week me and my son are going to play guitar and sing to get them all singing along x

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:05 am

I went to a lecture in Sonoma today, given by George Lakoff, author of Moral Politics, and other books. The lecture centered around how Trump used linguistics in his election win.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:18 am

like most days of the week, I spend sundays irritating people... Laughing
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:37 pm

Original Quill wrote:I went to a lecture in Sonoma today, given by George Lakoff, author of Moral Politics, and other books.  The lecture centered around how Trump used linguistics in his election win.

That sounds nice and relaxing. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:38 pm

Lord Foul wrote:like most days of the week, I spend sundays irritating people... Laughing

Irritation is part of married life....at least it is in my house. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:43 pm

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:
Syl wrote:

Its true , we only have one grandchild but there is talk of another one being planned Smile - got youngest son at uni he was the prodigal son but all is well with that and his partner is lovely - she was a nightmare when he first met her but she's grown up and they seem to be in love and well suited so I'm happy if they're happy .

Just come from seeing my dad - wow the change in him is just amazing . Three weeks ago he couldn't speak eat drink or do a single thing for himself - but now he is speaking better eating and drinking by himself , walking better and not falling so much i think we're down to one fall a day whereas before it was several times a day .

We're just so pleased with his progress and he is putting on weight now . So all in all today has been a very good day . Happy days cheers sunny

Sorry forgot to mention - we don't know how long he will be in - could be permanent but they said sometimes people improve so much they can go home - well for now we're happy for him to stay in as he is doing so well and we need to make sure he has the best care to get well . The sing song is planned for next week me and my son are going to play guitar and sing to get them all singing along x

It sounds like your dad has settled in well vod.
Nursing homes have a bad press, but there are some brilliant ones staffed by really caring people, it sounds like, given your dads progress, you have found one.

Does he want to go home or would he be happy living there permanantly?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down