NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trump vs. Mexico

4 posters

Go down

Trump vs. Mexico Empty Trump vs. Mexico

Post by Guest Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:46 pm

I guess he meant it after all.
President Trump and Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto were scheduled to meet next week in Washington.
However after Nieto had the gall to reiterate his longstanding position that Mexico would not pay for the multi-billion-dollar wall that Trump wants to build along the southern border, Trump tweeted:
 Follow
Trump vs. Mexico DJT_Headshot_V2_biggerDonald J. Trump 

@realDonaldTrump
[ltr]The U.S. has a 60 billion dollar trade deficit with Mexico. It has been a one-sided deal from the beginning of NAFTA with massive numbers...[/ltr]

1:51 PM - 26 Jan 2017

Follow
Trump vs. Mexico DJT_Headshot_V2_biggerDonald J. Trump 

@realDonaldTrump
[ltr]of jobs and companies lost. If Mexico is unwilling to pay for the badly needed wall, then it would be better to cancel the upcoming meeting.[/ltr]

1:55 PM - 26 Jan 2017

And so Nieto went ahead and canceled.
Trump’s press secretary Sean Spicer said the US would recoup the cost of the wall (up to $25 billion) by imposing a 20 percent tariff on Mexican products entering the the country. After it was pointed out that American consumers would bear the cost of any such tariff, Spicer backed off and said it was just one of many ideas.

Trump and Nieto spoke by phone Friday, but there’s no indication that anything was resolved. Although I have no idea what was said, I am quite sure that Nieto once again did not agree to Trump’s demand that Mexico pay for the wall.

So now relations with our southern neighbor are as bad as they have been in decades, and we’re only one week into the Trump presidency. Just 207 weeks to go.

http://hurryupharry.org/2017/01/27/trump-vs-mexico/

Back to top Go down

Trump vs. Mexico Empty Re: Trump vs. Mexico

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:56 pm

Trump vs. Mexico 3893789544

GOTTA LUV the way that Donald the Dumpster is going to finance "his wall"...

Make the American taxpayer fork out for it, by imposing a 20% tariff on anything imported from Mexico..

Just as predicted, Trump will make the American consumers (i.e. taxpayers..) pay for the privilege of electing him.          Trump vs. Mexico 2347854014

Last edited by WhoseYourWolfie on Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:57 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:

Make the American taxpayer fork out for it, by imposing a 20% tariff on anything imported from Mexico..

Just as predicted, Trump will make the American consumers (i.e. taxpayers..) pay for the privilege of electing him.

As I have said before wolf, it wont take too long for many Trump supporters to end up hating him. Especially when it effects what is in their pockets.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:59 pm

I don't see how he wants to build it and expects the very people he's keeping out, to pay for it?!
I think it's a nasty and cruel idea.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:05 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:

Just as predicted, Trump will make the American consumers (i.e. taxpayers..) pay for the privilege of electing him.

Republicans in Congress are already jumping on him for that.  Majority Leader in the Senate, Mitch McConnell, has said 'no way!' and House Speaker Paul Ryan has pointed out what you just did wolf, that it's just another way to make the taxpayer pay.

Trump's ideas are rift with these ill-thought plans.  He's very superficial and has no depth of thought.  He stays at the level of "...AND MEXICO WILL PAY FOR IT," and never once pauses to reflect on what that means.  He's an catastrophe waiting to happen...and that is our salvation.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:11 pm

eddie wrote:I don't  see how he wants to build it and expects the very people he's keeping out, to pay for it?!
I think it's a nasty and cruel idea.

He thinks he will use alternate means. He looks at protective trade measures, and thinks of them as one-way exchanges. (He has very little understanding of economics.) He thinks a 20% tariff will penalize the Mexicans. But he doesn't think it all the way through: who pays the tariff, but the American taxpayer?

As I say, he is very superficial, and has no depth of thought or analysis.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Original Quill Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:34 pm

Major wrote:If the Mexicans had not let their borders become perforated letting every Tom, Dick & Abdul through it Trump would not want a wall.

Maj, it's the US border that is of concern. Mexico has no obligation for US borders. They could care less. Rolling Eyes

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down