NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unemployment at lowest level for five years - but seven million workers live on breadline

3 posters

Go down

Unemployment at lowest level for five years - but seven million workers live on breadline   Empty Unemployment at lowest level for five years - but seven million workers live on breadline

Post by Guest Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:46 pm

Unemployment at lowest level for five years - but seven million workers live on breadline   Ed-Miliband-3033756

Ed Miliband: Average earnings were up by just 0.9%
2014 Getty Images

Unemployment has dropped by 167,000 to 2.32 million – the lowest level for almost five years – but seven million workers now live on the breadline.

Labour leader Ed Miliband welcomed the latest employment figures but attacked PM David Cameron because more than half of the 13 million living in poverty have jobs.

He said at Prime Minister’s Questions: “What is scandalous is that for the first time ever the majority of those people are living not in jobless families but in working families.”

Average earnings were up by just 0.9% – less than half the 2% rate of inflation – but Mr Cameron insisted this was “not surprising”.

He said: “We have had the biggest recession in 100 years. It would be astonishing if household incomes and earnings had not fallen.”

Unemployment fell from 7.4% in November to 7.1%, a whisker from the 7% mark where Bank of England boss Mark Carney has said he will consider raising interest rates.

But minutes of a Bank meeting held this month showed it was felt there was “no immediate need to raise rates”.

Work and Pensions Secretary Iain Duncan Smith will today try to claim credit for the unemployment fall because of his hated benefit cuts.

He is expected to say at an event in London: “Britain cannot run a modern flexible economy if so many of the people who service that economy are trapped in dependency on the state.”

The figures also came as Tory Employment Minister Esther McVey told jobless youngsters to go and work in Costa coffee shops despite one getting 1,700 applications for eight jobs.

Critics blasted her as “out of touch”.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/unemployment-lowest-level-five-years-3052494#ixzz2rFyH9nuK
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  The penny will eventually drop.

Back to top Go down

Unemployment at lowest level for five years - but seven million workers live on breadline   Empty Re: Unemployment at lowest level for five years - but seven million workers live on breadline

Post by Guest Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:48 pm

Oh, it's dropped with everyone who has a brain. Only those weighed down by avarice and greed think any different.

Back to top Go down

Unemployment at lowest level for five years - but seven million workers live on breadline   Empty Re: Unemployment at lowest level for five years - but seven million workers live on breadline

Post by Guest Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:51 pm

Sassy wrote:Oh, it's dropped with everyone who has a brain.   Only those weighed down by avarice and greed think any different.

It's such a shame that the forthcoming election is the European one, and not a GE one.  Sad 

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:53 pm

If its any consolation Scatman Labour made me considerably poorer and my wife.

That has always been their way.

People are suffering now because of the profligacy of Labour.

You can't leave a huge debt and deficit hen blame all the suffering on the govt who are tasked with getting the economy right.

The interest payments on the debt alone are tens of billions per annum debts acquired on Labours watch.

People are suffering because of Labour and because people like yo make no contribution in tax.

Are you telling me you can't work when you partner is fit enough to beat you up????

Get it right Scatman we are in a financial mess because of your party and because you are a taker.

Lecture no one my friend you are a leech.

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:55 pm

The green bile and stench of greed and avarice that pours from the squirming maggots of what you call a brain every time you start to type reminds me of why I despise people who have the empathy of a raddled rat and the humanity of a cockroach and who think themselves better than everyone else, particularly when they are living off their wife and haven't worked in years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:57 pm

Clarkson wrote:If its any consolation Scatman Labour made me considerably poorer and my wife.

You can't leave a huge debt and deficit hen blame all the suffering on the govt who are tasked with getting the economy right.

The interest payments on the debt alone are tens of billions per annum debts acquired on Labours watch.

People are suffering because of Labour and because people like yo make no contribution in tax.

Are you telling me you can't work when you partner is fit enough to beat you up????

Get it right Scatman we are in  a financial mess because of your party and because you are a taker.

ATOS have deemed my partner unfit for work, and we all know how rigid their regime is.

You are a nasty, hateful little Tory C**T.  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:57 pm

What is the breadline and how many live without complaint on this?

My family did and had no complaints, they knew it was their responsibility to provide for their family, sadly this view is being replaced from gratitude where help does come in today's world, to a demand it is everyone else's fault they are in that situation and that they should have all on a plate . People ignore the fact that many on a breadline will have wasted their time at school and yet when they come out after doing as little as possible expect everyone else to pay their way, of course some will have no choice in their job or being on the breadline,but lets not ignore some facts here. That attitude is what is wrong today. I would like to see people paid better, but the reality is some jobs do not pay that great but also people can and do live comfortably on that.

So this is poor Labour trying badly to dampen good news, people would still be on the breadline if Labour was in power, some people would still go through school and life expecting others to do everything for them.

What ever happened to having pride in your work and being grateful for that you have a job?

Last edited by PhilDidge on Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:00 pm

Didge reminds be of that sketch where people try to outdo each other about how poor they were when they were young, ending with the last one saying 'you're lucky you have a cardboard box, we lived at the bottom of a pond and were only allowed air once a day'.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:01 pm

Tory point of view...

Everyone is doing fine, the economy is booming,the NHS is doing very well with no staff shortages, wages are way above what is afforded to a good living wage, welfare payments afford claimants a very good lifestyle with money to spare.....

Etc blah etc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:02 pm

Sassy wrote:Didge reminds be of that sketch where people try to outdo each other about how poor they were when they were young, ending with the last one saying 'you're lucky you have a cardboard box, we lived at the bottom of a pond and were only allowed air once a day'.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I may remind you of many things and never claimed any of the above but none of that countered any of my points:

My family did and had no complaints, they knew it was their responsibility to provide for their family, sadly this view is being replaced from gratitude where help does come in today's world, to a demand it is everyone else's fault they are in that situation and that they should have all on a plate . People ignore the fact that many on a breadline will have wasted their time at school and yet when they come out after doing as little as possible expect everyone else to pay their way, of course some will have no choice in their job or being on the breadline,but lets not ignore some facts here. That attitude is what is wrong today. I would like to see people paid better, but the reality is some jobs do not pay that great but also people can and do live comfortably on that.

So this is poor Labour trying badly to dampen good news, people would still be on the breadline if Labour was in power, some people would still go through school and life expecting others to do everything for them.

What ever happened to having pride in your work and being grateful for that you have a job?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:05 pm

Happy with that my views remain not refuted Sassy, so thanks for your input I hope others who want to debate this do so!

Enjoy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:11 pm

Didge, we have heard the same old record, over and over again.   What happened with your family has absolutely no relevance to what is happening at the moment.   Lets just take one expense - fuel.   Now I expect your family had an open fire and could go out collecting stuff to burn.   Now, open fires are rare, you have to have gas and electric and the price is astronomical, to the extent that people cannot afford to heat their homes.   I expect your father worked near home, most people did.   These days he would have to find the money to travel.   Just getting your haircut to look tidy for an interview costs a fortune.   If you get £10 in, and your essentials, and I mean essentials, cost you £12, you are up shit creek without a paddle, and that is what is happening.

PS Your views have been refuted hundreds of times, but you just plug in your record and bore everyone to tears and ignore the facts. Just as Smelly does funnily enough.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:18 pm

Sassy wrote:Didge, we have heard the same old record, over and over again no debate just about me.   What happened with your family has absolutely no relevance to what is happening at the moment.   Lets just take one expense - fuel.
It has every relevance because back then they had to do without many benefits, without heating, they had to rent a home. Of course it was my parents choice, hence their view it was their responsibility to have a large family, but with little money they made it go around and we never went without food on our plates  

Now I expect your family had an open fire and could go out collecting stuff to burn.
No, in fact I remember my dad getting a parafin heater when I was about 7 or 8, we only got central heating when we got a council house when I was 13, me being the second youngest that is a long time to get one 

Now, open fires are rare, you have to have gas and electric and the price is astronomical, to the extent that people cannot afford to heat their homes.   I expect your father worked near home, most people did.   These days he would have to find the money to travel.   Just getting your haircut to look tidy for an interview costs a fortune.   If you get £10 in, and your essentials, and I mean essentials, cost you £12, you are up shit creek without a paddle, and that is what is happening.

No my father lived in Crystal Palace and worked in Croydon after the army, he cycled to work or walked.
In them days you got to work by any means and remember when he used to cycle to Paddington, when he got promoted. Sorry I lived back then and remember what it was like, I know also he took two jobs when he came out of the army to support his family, because it was his responsibility to raise his children after deciding to have so many, he hated asking for help, something that people lack today, pride in looking after your family putting them always first.    

So again you failed to answer my points.

Last edited by PhilDidge on Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:20 pm

[quote="PhilDidge"]
Sassy wrote:Didge reminds be of that sketch where people try to outdo each other about how poor they were when they were young, ending with the last one saying 'you're lucky you have a cardboard box, we lived at the bottom of a pond and were only allowed air once a day'.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I may remind you of many things and never claimed any of the above but none of that countered any of my points:

What ever happened to having pride in your work and being grateful for that you have a job?[/

Didge...
You Claim that if Labour were in power then Britain would still be in poverty, now I assume you also mean those in benefits?..

Whereas every other time you nod along with Sphinx and co when saying that everyone should be able to get by on benefits with not too much struggle, after all...you done it and so odd Sphinx without too much hardship.

So is this now an admittance that people on benefits are on the breadline ?

Or were you talking strictly of today's pay packet for the average worker?

If you are talking about the average working Joe, do you really believe the average worker isn't living on the breadline?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:27 pm

Joy Division wrote:

Didge...
You Claim that if Labour were in power then Britain would still be in poverty, now I assume you also mean those in benefits?..

Whereas every other time you nod along with Sphinx and co when saying that everyone should be able to get by on benefits with not too much struggle, after all...you done it and so odd Sphinx without too much hardship.

So is this now an admittance that people on benefits are on the breadline ?

Or were you talking strictly of today's pay packet for the average worker?

If you are talking about the average working Joe, do you really believe the average worker isn't living  on the breadline?
[/quote]

No I mean that who ever was in power you would still have plenty of people on the breadline Joy

Again in my families day we had little benifts, though it is you that now brings this up, escaping the point again I have stated how again some go through school not wanting to learn and expect everything on a plate, do you deny this happens?
I am talking about how people used to be proud of any job they had where now those who do little expect everything, not all of course and there are those as stated that work hard even though they are on the breadline, not all have gone through school lazy either and even some who did place their families first. What I detest is articles like this that seek to dampen what is good news as if all people on the breadline is down to this Government, when being as we were in a recession not long ago everyone has had to tighten their belts, even those with money, its called being sensible with it. The reality you will always have people on the breadline, sadly this is true, but we have to work harder that ensures all our youth are educated and that none waste their times to increase their prospects in life. Its no good ignoring these facts Joy

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:14 pm

Anyone would think these are Dickensian times.

I repeat we are paying £50 billion per year interest because of you herberts you won't take any blame for that but it directly contributes to where we are now.

Phil do you need to be there 24/7 if he is fit enough to beat you up

What about your £250k villa in Spain does the taxman know about that.

Lecture no one I actually paid taxes all my life and will again when I draw down my pensions. You will still be leeching of my taxes. That's a cold hard fact do not lecture me when you are bent I paid every penny in income tax I was legally obliged to.

The gentleman(I use that word lightly in your case) doth protest too loudly.

Let me add the article says workers scroungers do rather better or they have until now.

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:22 pm

Clarkson wrote:Anyone would think these are Dickensian times.

I repeat we are paying £50 billion per year interest because of you herberts you won't take any blame for that but it directly contributes to where we are now.

Phil do you need to be there 24/7 if he is fit enough to beat you up

What about your £250k villa in Spain does the taxman know about that.

Lecture no one I actually paid taxes all my life and will again when I draw down my pensions. You will still be leeching of my taxes. That's a cold hard fact do not lecture me when you are bent I paid every penny in income tax I was legally obliged to.

The gentleman(I use that word lightly in your case) doth protest too loudly.

Let me add the article says workers scroungers do rather better or they have until now.

Drinky.

I don't fully own that villa in Spain, it is co owned.

Once in it sold, and it is on the market now, then once i get the lump sum then i will be fully supporting Doug and i.

Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:22 pm

Catman wrote:
Clarkson wrote:If its any consolation Scatman Labour made me considerably poorer and my wife.

Get it right Scatman we are in  a financial mess because of your party and because you are a taker.

ATOS have deemed my partner unfit for work, and we all know how rigid their regime is.

You are a nasty, hateful little Tory C**T.  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
Hi Phil,,,you do not have to justify yourself to anyone and especially not to snivelling nasty party sycophants who wouldn't know decency if it fucked them up the arse!

You've looked after your partner for a fair few years that I've known you and in my eyes thats not only an admirable trait, it marks you out as a decent human being.
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:28 pm

scrat wrote:
Catman wrote:

Hi Phil,,,you do not have to justify yourself to anyone and especially not to snivelling nasty party sycophants who wouldn't know decency if it fucked them up the arse!

You've  looked after your partner for a fair few years that I've known you and in my eyes thats not only an admirable trait, it marks you out as a decent human being.

Correct, and many of us refugees from the old sky days would agree with that.

Unemployment at lowest level for five years - but seven million workers live on breadline   Applause

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:36 pm

scrat wrote:
Catman wrote:

You've  looked after your partner for a fair few years that I've known you and in my eyes thats not only an admirable trait, it marks you out as a decent human being.

It's been a two way street, i'm not the most easiest of people to live with, and i've got problems myself.

We've looked out for each other, and the testament to that is a fourteen year relationship....And a brighter future, free of all of this stress!

::sexbnan: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:45 am

Well the last 5 posts were just poster bashing and no real debate and poster attacking how very dull, as seen this is what sadly happens, when you offer up reasons which people cannot counter and all this left and right nonsense is just that, how about people get back to actually being realists to what goes on in life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:44 am

Last five posts had nothing to do with you. They were Drinky being his normal disgusting self and people replying to that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:17 pm

Sassy wrote:Last five posts had nothing to do with you.   They were Drinky being his normal disgusting self and people replying to that.  

Poor bias, he was poor with his counter and so were the replies to him, you again pick sides and never see wrong by some when all are wrong dragging out old feuds, it is again boring.

Again no counters to my points have now turned this debate into yet more pathetic old feuds

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down