NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Somerset Teenager Rings 999 For A Lift To School After Missing The Bus

3 posters

Go down

Somerset Teenager Rings 999 For A Lift To School After Missing The Bus Empty Somerset Teenager Rings 999 For A Lift To School After Missing The Bus

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:31 am

A teenage boy from Somerset has been slammed for wasting police time after he rang 999 because he had missed the school bus. The Bristol teen rang Avon and Somerset Police asking for a lift to school yesterday morning. Police also retweeted a post from the call centre operator who spoke to the schoolboy. 

“Just taken the most shocking 999... I’ve missed my school bus. Is there anyway the police can give me a lift. ABSOLUTELY NOT!” the tweet read. 

The public also reacted angrily to the request, with one social media user saying the incident had left her with “no words”.  

Another said officers should have given the teen a lift... straight to the police station. However, others defended the boy, saying he may have just been following advice from his parents to call the police if he was ever in trouble. 

Avon and Somerset Police estimate they receive 85 inappropriate 999 calls every day - despite the fact that hoax calls can land offenders with a £5,000 fine and up to six months in prison. 

The force also received a call yesterday from a landlord asking officers to help him collect owed rent. 
A police spokesperson told the Bristol Post: “The wrong use of 999 and hoax calls is detrimental to the service we provide to the community. “Even a small percentage of hoax or misuse calls will have an impact due to the time spent dealing with them by our call handlers and our officers.

“We need to free up the 999 lines as there could be a life or death emergency waiting to get through.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/somerset-teenager-rings-999-asking-police-to-give-him-a-lift-after-missing-the-school-bus_uk_586e0cdae4b0f100063b0d4e?utm_hp_ref=uk-news

Back to top Go down

Somerset Teenager Rings 999 For A Lift To School After Missing The Bus Empty Re: Somerset Teenager Rings 999 For A Lift To School After Missing The Bus

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:28 pm

I heard some funny ones on the radio the other week...

One was a woman who rang the police to report that a cat was following her down the road and hissing at her!!!

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Somerset Teenager Rings 999 For A Lift To School After Missing The Bus Empty Re: Somerset Teenager Rings 999 For A Lift To School After Missing The Bus

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:32 pm

I don't think the police should be retweeting stuff like that, and the call operator shouldn't have tweeted it in the first place? Can't people do silly things without having it broadcast all over the internet now?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:24 pm

Here's some...

1. A woman calling to say she had bought a cold kebab and the shop would not replace it

2. Callers who missed their alarm and were going to be late for a flight wanting officers to take them to the airport.

3. A woman who had seen a clown in London selling balloons for £5 each, which was much more than other clowns were charging.

4. Callers in distress because their low-fuel indicator light had come on.

5. A man calling to say his 50p coin was stuck in a washing machine at his local launderette and he wanted police to retrieve it.

6. A man who did not have change for a parking machine claiming staff at a car park had kidnapped him because they were refusing to let him out for free.

7. A caller who dialled 999 at 4am on a Saturday morning and asked: "Where is the best place to get a bacon sandwich right now?"

8. A man who called 999 as he was advised to call 111 but did not know the number.

9. A woman who wanted police to deal with a couple of noisy foxes outside her home as they were preventing her from sleeping.

10. A woman who dialled 999 to say there were men in her house trying to take her away. The men in question were police officers who had come to arrest her.

8 is my favourite!

http://www.heart.co.uk/news/quirky/stupid-999-calls-weird-met-police-britain-england/
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:25 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:I heard some funny ones on the radio the other week...

One was a woman who rang the police to report that a cat was following her down the road and hissing at her!!!

lol!

That may well have been me. Cats do hiss at me.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down