NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

British people fear fascism is spreading across the world in wake of Donald Trump victory, poll finds

+6
Victorismyhero
'Wolfie
Original Quill
Major
Raggamuffin
scrat
10 posters

Go down

British people fear fascism is spreading across the world in wake of Donald Trump victory, poll finds Empty British people fear fascism is spreading across the world in wake of Donald Trump victory, poll finds

Post by scrat Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:21 pm

A deep-seated fear of the rise of global fascism has taken hold of the British public in the wake of Donald Trump’s victory, Brexit and the spectre of the far-right in mainland Europe, an exclusive survey for The Independent has revealed.

The study by BMG Research showed that a majority of British people now believe the dark shadow of fascism is spreading across the Unites States following Mr Trump’s shock win in November.

It also revealed showed that most people think the number of individuals holding fascist views is increasing in the UK and on the continent as well.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/fascism-spreading-across-world-bmg-poll-trump-brexit-le-pen-wilders-petry-a7492981.html

Hardly surprising when fascists, racists, and bigots are so abundant on this forum.
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

British people fear fascism is spreading across the world in wake of Donald Trump victory, poll finds Empty Re: British people fear fascism is spreading across the world in wake of Donald Trump victory, poll finds

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:22 pm

Define "fascism".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

British people fear fascism is spreading across the world in wake of Donald Trump victory, poll finds Empty Re: British people fear fascism is spreading across the world in wake of Donald Trump victory, poll finds

Post by Original Quill Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:48 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Define "fascism".

Wiki Fascism wrote:Fascism /ˈfæʃɪzəm/ is a form of radical authoritarian nationalism that came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe, influenced by national syndicalism. Fascism originated in Italy during World War I and spread to other European countries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:50 pm

I doubt that most people they asked have any idea what fascism actually is.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:03 pm

I see my original thread has now been restored, is there any explanation as to why it was removed in the first place, only as a guide, so that us moderate posters can avoid such occurrences, again and again!
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:03 pm

What a Face

I DON'T KNOW that the actual incidence of fascist and neo-nazi support and agreement is necessarily on the increase, per se ...

So much so, that rather that  20 -->> 25%  of any large enough group, that often have those odious and wrong-headed beliefs --  or are willing to support those who do --  now feel a lot more emboldened and secure in voicing their support for fascist, racist, nationalist and bully-boy notions..

And often believe that they are speaking out for some imagined "majority" of their countrymen, simply because those cretins and mindless drones are the ones making most of the noise.

While too many more decent people are staying quite, not paying enough attention, or basically 'don't want to rock the boat'..

Allowing the fascists to gain more positions of influence, produce more criminal actions and notoriety, and slowly but gradually work away at destabilising society, increasing frictions and factions, and enriching their financial backers..     Suspect
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:18 pm

scrat wrote:I see my original thread has now been restored, is there any explanation as to why it was removed in the first place, only as a guide, so that us moderate posters can avoid such occurrences, again and again!

well you aint moderate ...by any standard...but as to why or what happened to the main O/P British people fear fascism is spreading across the world in wake of Donald Trump victory, poll finds 2190311264

as said the ONLY thing i did...(and proven by the mods log of actions) was split out ONE of your more hysterical spamming posts......
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:23 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
scrat wrote:I see my original thread has now been restored, is there any explanation as to why it was removed in the first place, only as a guide, so that us moderate posters can avoid such occurrences, again and again!

well you aint moderate ...by any standard...but as to why or what happened to the main O/P  British people fear fascism is spreading across the world in wake of Donald Trump victory, poll finds 2190311264

as said the ONLY thing i did...(and proven by the mods log of actions) was split out ONE of your more hysterical spamming posts......
This should be interesting, what is your definition of moderate?
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:37 pm

well I can give you one characteristic that a moderate has....that you havnt

a moderate doesnt go around using personal attacks on people as a way to "win" arguments

nor do they resort in desperation, as you do to twisting replies, lying, distorting what other people say/think or putting meanings onto peoples words that they didnt mean....

all of which is your forte
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:57 pm

Lord Foul wrote:well I can give you one characteristic that a moderate has....that you havnt

a moderate doesnt go around using personal attacks on people as a way to "win" arguments

nor do they resort in desperation, as you do to twisting replies, lying, distorting what other people say/think or putting meanings onto peoples words that they didnt mean....

all of which is your forte
Youre confusing me with the Didglet, I never brag about winning arguments because I'm educated enough to believe that there are always two sides to an atgument, as for the rest of your diatribe we're all guilty of being imperfect.

By the way, you removed my thread, that's why I reposted a new one, so what is it about the rise of fascism you do not wish the posters to discuss!
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:06 pm

I DID NOT remove your thread...see you are lying again

as I said I split one post of yours out of it into the hidden thread section...becasue it was spamming...

and that fact is recorded in the mods lof of actions and THAT cannot be altered ...even by BEN
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:11 pm

Lord Foul wrote:I DID NOT remove your thread...see you are lying again

as I said I split one post of yours out of it into the hidden thread section...becasue it was spamming...

and that fact is recorded in the mods lof of actions and THAT cannot be altered ...even by BEN
Calm your life, you did remove my thread, I would not have had to post another one, if one already remained nor would I have mentioned it!

Perhaps you need to sit down for a while and contemplate your mental inventory!
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:21 pm

you have zero evidence

why dont you ask ben to look into the mods log??

hmmm...

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:22 pm

The thread wasn't removed as in deleted. My first comment is still here. If Scrat's post was the last one on the thread, deleting that would have the effect of moving the thread down the page, giving the impression that it had disappeared. I couldn't find it earlier either, but I didn't look very hard for it.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:16 pm

I just wanted to reply to this on the locked thread:

even Raggs reported it gone and you do her bidding.

As I said, I did think the thread had gone, but I didn't really check properly, so it may well have been still there. Nobody did my bidding either.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:17 pm

And here's the other one, and posters wondered why only private piles can spam the forum from the basement!
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:39 pm

[quote="Lord Foul"]well I can give you one characteristic that a moderate has....that you havnt

all of which is your forte[/quote

Oh, you had noticed that too. Some of us have been around long enough to have witnessed it from the old Sky forum times.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:57 pm

scrat wrote:A deep-seated fear of the rise of global fascism has taken hold of the British public in the wake of Donald Trump’s victory, Brexit and the spectre of the far-right in mainland Europe, an exclusive survey for The Independent has revealed.

The study by BMG Research showed that a majority of British people now believe the dark shadow of fascism is spreading across the Unites States following Mr Trump’s shock win in November.

It also revealed showed that most people think the number of individuals holding fascist views is increasing in the UK and on the continent as well.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/fascism-spreading-across-world-bmg-poll-trump-brexit-le-pen-wilders-petry-a7492981.html

Hardly surprising when fascists, racists, and bigots are so abundant on this forum.

We need to stand up against this evil disease that has infected our country post Brexit and Trump’s election win. The RW nut jobs appear to think they are on some sort of victory lap and that they have been given a green light to indulge in the disgusting and inflammatory rhetoric that is evident all around us. They can try and disguise it all they want but I see it and so do the decent people and the organisations that highlight it.

Stand firm
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:03 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:well I can give you one characteristic that a moderate has....that you havnt

Oh, you had noticed that too. Some of us have been around long enough to have witnessed it from the old Sky forum times.

One of the biggest liars and purveyors of hate on the old Sky forums was the guy who runs the forum we are not supposed to mention. Some of it was just downright lewd and disgusting as well as making unsubstantiated claims abbot posters that didn't share in his hate and said so.

Yes, I remember all that because I was one of those on the end of it.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:11 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

One of the biggest liars and purveyors of hate on the old Sky forums was the guy who runs the forum we are not supposed to mention. Some of it was just downright lewd and disgusting as well as making unsubstantiated claims abbot posters that didn't share in his hate and said so.

That's not very fair - this isn't about posters who you don't like generally.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:12 pm

[quote="Irn Bru"]
scrat wrote:A deep-seated fear of the rise of global fascism has taken hold of the British public in the wake of Donald Trump’s victory, Brexit and the spectre of the far-right in mainland Europe, an exclusive survey for The Independent has revealed.

We need to stand up against this evil disease that has infected our country post Brexit and Trump’s election win. The RW nut jobs appear to think they are on some sort of victory lap and that they have been given a green light to indulge in the disgusting and inflammatory rhetoric that is evident all around us. They can try and disguise it all they want but I see it and so do the decent people and the organisations that highlight it.

Stand firm
[/quote

Not all those who voted to leave the EU (I did) or for Donald Путин Америки(I didn't, couldn't and - in a million years - wouldn't) are "RW nutjobs."

The results of both are called "democracy."
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:12 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

who does that sound like on here ????
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:15 pm

Anyway, this is about what the British public believe, and that's necessarily the same thing as reality is it? I'd like to see some examples of this alleged rise in "fascism".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:19 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

I didn't say on here. Others may have and that is theie opinion -just read the papers.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:22 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

They were claims about being paedos and running porn sites etc. etc. I take it you mean Scrat - has has never stooped to that level.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:22 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Irn, I was "on the end" of it from the other side. I was called a "Nazi" by one poster in question after one of my very earliest posts in which I mildly criticised Labour.

As someone who had held a commission in the RAF and served alongside former WW2 Bomber and Transport Command aircrew who fought against real Nazis, I did not appreciate it, I can assure you.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:25 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

I didn't say on here. Others may have and that is theie opinion -just read the papers.

Of course you didnt Irn....

how very.......erm.....cautious... of you.... Rolling Eyes
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:26 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

Irn, I was "on the end" of it from the other side.  I was called a "Nazi" by one poster in question after one of my very earliest posts in which I mildly criticised Labour.

As someone who had held a commission in the RAF and served alongside former WW2 Bomber and Transport Command aircrew who fought against real Nazis, I did not appreciate it, I can assure you.

I'm sure you didn't and a couple of the posters he was attacking also served in the military - with distinction. He didn't
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:30 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

Is that some kind of clue?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:31 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:

They were claims about being paedos and running porn sites etc. etc. I take it you mean Scrat - has has never stooped to that level.

Scrat accused me personally of "backing" paedos...on the basis that I had not supported one of his posts condemning them.

Since I was helping to "support" someone dying of cancer at the time, my undivided attention to his endless rambling might well be regarded as excusable.

Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:33 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Would you like to comment on the rest of what I said?

Don't be shy
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:33 pm

@ raggs

nah...caution the mod is an ok kind of guy......
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:36 pm

Lord Foul wrote:@ raggs

nah...caution the mod is an ok kind of guy......

OK. Just wondered. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:37 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:

Scrat accused me personally of "backing" paedos...on the basis that I had not supported one of his posts condemning them.

Since I was helping to "support" someone dying of cancer at the time, my undivided attention to his endless rambling might well be regarded as excusable.

Well that's not right if he did indeed do that . Can I take it that you would also condemn the guy that said the same things about me and many others - just because they were LW. You know the guy I'm talking about - don't you?
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:40 pm

so what you are saying is that the owner of the site we shall not mention is a bad kind of guy....ok...I get that...so me sitting basically "lurking" since I post next to sod all there involves me in some sort of "conspiracy, bred in the fevered mind of a moron" scenario??? ok...I DONT get that.....

and yet you are evading/excusing similar from scrat....

ok....I understand that
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:41 pm

Right, I'm away to watch the end of the darts semi. May be back later.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:45 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Well that's not right if he did indeed do that . Can I take it that you would also condemn the guy that said the same things about me and many others - just because they were LW. You know the guy I'm talking about - don't you?

Yes I do, and it's indefensible.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:33 am

Lord Foul wrote:so what you are saying is that the owner of the site we shall not mention is a bad kind of guy....ok...I get that...so me sitting basically "lurking" since I post next to sod all there involves me in some sort of "conspiracy, bred in the fevered mind of a moron" scenario??? ok...I DONT get that.....

and yet you are evading/excusing similar from scrat....

ok....I understand that

Yep, the bit I have highlighted is true. And I don't know why you are coming at me asking about the other stuff as I never mentioned you at anytime or made any comment about your involvement with his gaff on his thread other than to ask you what you thoight of the rest of what I said. Have another go if you wish
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:35 am

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

Irn, I was "on the end" of it from the other side.  I was called a "Nazi" by one poster in question after one of my very earliest posts in which I mildly criticised Labour.

Calm yourself Mlud, its particularly sad to see you used as a pawn by monkey boy, although the fact he has now decided to send his reserves in, does rather expose the fact that he feels his minions are failing in their task.

I will not dwell long on your attempted character assaination, suffice to say when you decided to write that abusive article for the taardvark you exposed yourself for everyone to see, and sadly all the good cheer between us was stolen away.

You've done nothing but defend the activities of far right extremists, and perhaps more worryingly the activities of far right terrorists, those who wish to hang homosexuals and lefties, attack our infrastructure and murder British police officers, you fell at their feet because you could no longer maintain the deception of moderation, the assistance you gave to members of "Britain first", SA patriots, combat 18, NF/BNP/EDL, stormfront etc was exhaustive and one rapidly drew no other conclusion that your actions were those of a far right anti British traitor, your activities increased this mistrust as you joined in the chorus of name calling and abusive behaviour with relish.

Your dishonour has weighted you down, deep down into the depths of depravity, so one must point out that the halo you're attempting to balance will never hover effectively or sit straight.

You can report back to your master, whine as you inform him of your distress, write another pro Nazi anti British essay, and continue fighting for injustice, racism and fascism.

You've never pulled the wool over my eyes.

Ciao for now!
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:02 am

You lying geranium.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:15 pm

nicko wrote:You lying geranium.

True. But anyone here stupid and gullible enough to believe a word of what the cretin posts are, well, too stupid and gullible for me to care a fish's tit what they think or believe.

He could, of course, produce a single post to back up his manic ranting - but we all know that asking him to do that would be a waste of time and effort.

What a tiresome idiot.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:30 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
nicko wrote:You lying geranium.

True. But anyone here stupid and gullible enough to believe a word of what the cretin posts are, well, too stupid and gullible for me to care a fish's tit what they think or believe.

He could, of course, produce a single post to back up his manic ranting - but we all know that asking him to do that would be a waste of time and effort.

What a tiresome idiot.
Perhaps you've forgotten about the "screen shot" that got me banned, I still have it, I could post it here, but it would only get the pair of us into trouble with your supervisors!
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:29 pm

scrat wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

What a tiresome idiot.
Perhaps you've forgotten about the "screen shot" that got me banned, I still have it, I could post it here, but it would only get the pair of us into trouble with your supervisors!

As I understand it you were warned about repeatedly and for no reason calling other posters "Nazis" and were told that unless you were prepared to produce anything whatsoever to back up your smears you would be shown the door.

Your response to Admin was deliberately to use the word "Nazi" in practically every subsequent post and against most members of the forum, and your membership was terminated.

Since you are known to collect screenshots you will no doubt be in a position to prove your claim that I have ever, anywhere, "defended" the activities of far right extremists, far right terrorists, those who wish to hang homosexuals and lefties, attack our infrastructure and murder British police officers, members of "Britain first", SA patriots, combat 18, NF/BNP/EDL, stormfront etc.

Come on, choose just one organisation from that list which has ever enjoyed my support.

As to your "threat", I have a most illuminating "screenshot" which shows you up conclusively for what you really are.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:59 pm

SCAT is a lying tulip, [that's worse than a Geranium]
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:02 pm

pelargonium, Nicko....pelargonium
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:02 pm

nicko wrote:SCAT is a lying tulip,    [that's worse than a Geranium]
Thanks penfold I've always appreciated your considered and reasoned opinions.
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:11 pm

Tulip?  Two-lip?  Isn't that a geranium that has had a labia rescission?  scratch

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:11 pm

Original Quill wrote:

Tulip?  Two-lip?  Isn't that a geranium that has had a labia rescission?  scratch

Hahahahaha that was pretty good actually Quill.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down