NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Has This Been Labelled "Racist"

+3
Victorismyhero
Miffs2
Major
7 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Why Has This Been Labelled "Racist" Empty Re: Why Has This Been Labelled "Racist"

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:42 pm

Calling for a ban is an bit daft.

Back to top Go down

Why Has This Been Labelled "Racist" Empty Re: Why Has This Been Labelled "Racist"

Post by Miffs2 Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:50 pm

Its political correctness gorn maaaaaaaad
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:54 pm

It's a non-story seized upon by a racist rag to excite thick bastards who froth at the slightest excuse.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:03 pm

It (the costumes) certainly seem to have the rabid anti racists frothing

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:04 pm

Everyone is anti-racist, aren't they? Why Has This Been Labelled "Racist" 2190311264

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:06 pm

one would hope so...but there are far too many that look for racism where it doesnt actually exist
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:07 pm

Lord Foul wrote:one would hope so...but there are far too many that look for racism where it doesnt actually exist

And not enough condemning it when it is discovered.

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:25 pm

Ziz wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:one would hope so...but there are far too many that look for racism where it doesnt actually exist

And not enough condemning it when it is discovered.

Spot on.
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:48 pm

the difficulty being determining what is REAL and objectionable racism and what is merely the bleatigs of the snowflake set...the level of outrage demonstrated rarely runs parallel to the severity of the actual offence....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:50 pm

Lord Foul wrote:the difficulty being determining what is REAL and objectionable racism and what is merely the bleatigs of the snowflake set...the level of outrage demonstrated rarely runs parallel to the severity of the actual offence....

Posturing is part of the art of politics.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:34 pm

Here we have a nun complaining that people dress as nuns for Halloween:

Unfortunately, the vast majority of adults wearing religious costumes at Halloween are purely for pranks, shock value, and laughs. This is indeed offensive and unacceptable. Rarely are such costumes created or worn respectfully.

http://anunslife.org/blog/nun-talk/wearing-a-nun-costume-for-halloween

People get upset when they think their religion is being mocked. I know -- breaking news!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:36 pm

however as has I think been well demonstarted

NO-ONE......has a "right" ....to not in some way or other, be offended.....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:40 pm

Lord Foul wrote:however as has I think been well demonstarted

NO-ONE......has a "right" ....to not in some way or other,  be offended.....

Under British law they have - and they can seek redress.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:43 pm

Ziz wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:however as has I think been well demonstarted

NO-ONE......has a "right" ....to not in some way or other,  be offended.....

wrong...they have the right not to be subject to hate speech or libel...beyond that NO

other wise I could sue my neighbour for her offensive hair style
or another for her offensive ass hangin half out of her jeans
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:45 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
Ziz wrote:

wrong...they have the right not to be subject to hate speech or libel...beyond that NO

other wise I could sue my neighbour for her offensive hair style
or another for her offensive ass hangin half out of her jeans

"In England and Wales the Public Order Act 1986 prohibits, by its Part 3, expressions of racial hatred, which is defined as hatred against a group of persons by reason of the group's colour, race, nationality (including citizenship) or ethnic or national origins. Section 18 of the Act says:

A person who uses threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour, or displays any written material which is threatening, abusive or insulting, is guilty of an offence if—
(a) they intends thereby to stir up racial hatred, or
(b) having regard to all the circumstances racial hatred is likely to be stirred up thereby."

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:52 pm

which is what I said....

the INTENT is what matters.....

so if i want to wear an arab costume....the "insulted person would have to PROVE either a or b as above....

he couldnt simply complain that he felt "offended" by it.....well he could...but it wouldnt wash....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:03 pm

Lord Foul wrote:which is what I said....

the INTENT is what matters.....

so if i want to wear an arab costume....the "insulted person would have to PROVE either a  or b as above....

he couldnt simply complain that he felt "offended" by it.....well he could...but it wouldnt wash....

The intent is decided by legal deliberation, not by the victim - but yes, in this case it would be difficult to establish that Amazon intended to offend.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:13 pm

The whole thing has to do with mixing of symbols. One use is for religious and respectful purposes, the other is more-or-less humorous.

Particularly, when dealing with issues of creed, one expect the maximum of respect. When one gets humor, one gets offended.

I think the legal discussion is beside the point. It's how the person intended the message, and how it was taken. Thus, it varies with any two people. I think there is a bit of both: a bit of disrespect is intended; a bit of over-reaction is taken.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:19 pm

It's a waste of money anyway. We used to have toga parties and just wear a sheet - much cheaper.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:20 pm

I don't think Romans are that sensitive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:20 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:It's a waste of money anyway. We used to have toga parties and just wear a sheet - much cheaper.

cheers I lov a happy ending. Laughing

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down