NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Electoral College Vote Seals Trump White House Victory

2 posters

Go down

Electoral College Vote Seals Trump White House Victory Empty Electoral College Vote Seals Trump White House Victory

Post by Guest Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:43 am

Politics
Dec 19 2016, 5:50 pm ET
Electoral College Vote Seals Trump White House Victory
by Andrew Rafferty

The Electoral College formalized Donald Trump's election victory on Monday despite protests around the country to encourage GOP electors to abandon the Republican.
The president-elect easily racked up the 270 electoral votes needed to send him to the White House. Interest in the normally mundane voting process spiked this year as opposition to Trump continues to fester, fueled by Clinton's success in capturing over 2.6 million more votes than her Republican opponent.
Anti-Trump protesters descended on state capitols throughout the U.S. in a last-ditch effort to persuade so-called "faithless electors" in states Trump won to change their vote. Many of the Republicans casting ballots said they were inundated with calls and emails urging them to dump Trump.
And some electors did break with how their state voted, albeit in unexpected ways. In Washington, a state Clinton won by 16 points, the former secretary of state received just eight of the state's 12 electoral votes. Colin Powell received three votes and Native American tribal leader Faith Spotted Eagle received one as part of an effort to promote a candidate other than Trump.
An elector in both Maine and Minnesota attempted to cast a ballot for Bernie Sanders, who unsuccessfully challenged Clinton in the Democratic primary. However state laws requiring electors to follow the statewide vote invalidated both efforts.
Only one Republican elector, Christopher Suprun of Texas, publically pledged not to vote for Trump despite his state heavily favoring the president-elect last month. One other Texas elector also abandoned Trump in the final vote.
An Associated Press survey of the electoral college's 538 members found there was little interest from members in breaking from voting how their states did. Thirty-seven electors would have needed to defect from Trump to endanger him from winning.
The Electoral College met in all fifty states and Washington, D.C. on Monday. Congress will certify the results on Jan. 6 and the president will be inaugurated Jan. 20.
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/electoral-college-vote-seals-trump-white-house-victory-n698026

Well, now the reality of 'SHOCK & AW' settle in; shock for those that voted for him due to his 'ranting agenda' {much of which he's already back peddled on} and the continued SHOCK when those that rely upon their social security - meager state supplemental benefits gets gutted some more: ie veterans/elderly/disabled/mentally impaired ...people living off of minimum wage and still relying on food stamps and medical assistance!  WOW, HO - HO - HO merry holiday season and those taxes that he's been shaking that sword about that will cut you deeply at tax time! 

So many wonderful things to look forward too.  And the angst and grumblings on many media sources just continues to grow ...that the 'COMMIE LOVER' needs a bullet to stop him and then we'd really be in a deep cesspool with the radical right leaning nut-job Pence in charge! 
From the frying pan to the fire pits of hell ...that's what the great numbers of Americans are looking at for this 4 years! Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Electoral College Vote Seals Trump White House Victory Empty Re: Electoral College Vote Seals Trump White House Victory

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:41 am

I think the only thing Trump could do to lose his base of support would be to tell them something like "immigration is good for the country" or "we should all do our part to foster multiculturalism." Pretty sure I saw something where Trump supporters were told he supported Canadian-style universal health care and they agreed!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Electoral College Vote Seals Trump White House Victory Empty Re: Electoral College Vote Seals Trump White House Victory

Post by Guest Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:56 am

Ben Reilly wrote:I think the only thing Trump could do to lose his base of support would be to tell them something like "immigration is good for the country" or "we should all do our part to foster multiculturalism." Pretty sure I saw something where Trump supporters were told he supported Canadian-style universal health care and they agreed!

There were a great number of 'us' and the NAACP that were very concerned about the vile/hate rhetoric that we were seeing & reading on our social media sights {circa 2008} for the Obama family!  But I've gotta say ...these scary wing-bats talking about putting a bullet in that 'commie inflated head' is very - very disconcerting ...I just don't think the 'Cheeto-King' has any idea the depth of angry that he's stirred up and he'll be so inept to gauge the worry & target that he's leaving open with his close net family members and multi location dwellings! 
This is not only going to cost all of us great sums of money ...but leaves his sorry back side & his family woefully exposed as no other prior family before the terrorist attack of 911.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:48 am

Ben Reilly wrote:I think the only thing Trump could do to lose his base of support would be to tell them something like "immigration is good for the country" or "we should all do our part to foster multiculturalism." Pretty sure I saw something where Trump supporters were told he supported Canadian-style universal health care and they agreed!

Or he could impose 42% tariffs and watch unemployment soar up to 15% again.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:44 am

Original Quill wrote:

Paul Ryan wouldn't let that happen, I don't think. Now the fun really begins, as Trump finds out he does not really control Congress the way he thinks he will.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:14 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Paul Ryan wouldn't let that happen, I don't think. Now the fun really begins, as Trump finds out he does not really control Congress the way he thinks he will.

Oh yeah...

I said back in November, this is a good thing cause I'll have lots to write about. What beer lover doesn't like fields of hops? It will be fun.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down