NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Democrats to wage endless, fact-based war on Trump's legitimacy

+5
'Wolfie
Andy
Independent Thoughts
nicko
Ben Reilly
9 posters

Go down

Democrats to wage endless, fact-based war on Trump's legitimacy Empty Democrats to wage endless, fact-based war on Trump's legitimacy

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:49 pm

WASHINGTON — The battle over Monday’s Electoral College vote is the beginning, not the end. A larger campaign to undermine the legitimacy — and constitutionality — of Donald Trump’s presidency is likely just getting underway.

Discomfort with Donald Trump before and since Election Day, the divisiveness of the 2016 election more broadly, and the popular vote mismatch with the Electoral College result have produced yet another unusual moment in an unusual year.

Many Democrats and other opponents of Trump have been working to change the results of the election through the Electoral College vote on Monday — an almost-impossible-to-succeed effort to deny Trump a majority of the electoral votes as required to become president. Presuming that mission is unsuccessful, prepare for the next phase: Jan. 6, when Congress formally tallies the results of those votes.

At that time, as few as two members of Congress — one in the House and one in the Senate — could lodge an objection to the results of the vote in a particular state or overall. While similarly unlikely to change the outcome, given current circumstances, it would be another wrench thrown into the transition of power — and another effort to make the case of opposition to the coming Trump presidency.

But even then, don’t expect it to end. Efforts to undermine Trump’s presidency by Democrats and those Republicans who believe Trump is unfit for office — or violating his oath of office — almost certainly will continue, a cascading series of constant challenges.

In short, Monday could be the opening salvo of a new campaign against a president’s legitimacy — a fact-based version of the racist, fact-free birther conspiracy. This time around, the questions raised appear to be legitimate — Trump’s international conflicts of interest are real and, according to the unanimous view of US intelligence agencies, Russian attempts to influence the election are likewise real. The problem this time, however, is that — for the most part — these are uncharted waters and there are no established solutions.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/chrisgeidner/the-electoral-college-vote-isnt-just-about-the-electoral-col?utm_term=.mmxm4AeW#.ik8xK258

I've already seen a number of commentators who say the best option now is to keep up a constant barrage of withering criticism on all fronts that pushes Trump into some sort of psychotic episode or physical breakdown, and I'll be doing my part Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Democrats to wage endless, fact-based war on Trump's legitimacy Empty Re: Democrats to wage endless, fact-based war on Trump's legitimacy

Post by nicko Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:51 pm

So you will be helping to send a man to a Mental Hospital? what a nice man you are !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Democrats to wage endless, fact-based war on Trump's legitimacy Empty Re: Democrats to wage endless, fact-based war on Trump's legitimacy

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:54 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
WASHINGTON — The battle over Monday’s Electoral College vote is the beginning, not the end. A larger campaign to undermine the legitimacy — and constitutionality — of Donald Trump’s presidency is likely just getting underway.

Discomfort with Donald Trump before and since Election Day, the divisiveness of the 2016 election more broadly, and the popular vote mismatch with the Electoral College result have produced yet another unusual moment in an unusual year.

Many Democrats and other opponents of Trump have been working to change the results of the election through the Electoral College vote on Monday — an almost-impossible-to-succeed effort to deny Trump a majority of the electoral votes as required to become president. Presuming that mission is unsuccessful, prepare for the next phase: Jan. 6, when Congress formally tallies the results of those votes.

At that time, as few as two members of Congress — one in the House and one in the Senate — could lodge an objection to the results of the vote in a particular state or overall. While similarly unlikely to change the outcome, given current circumstances, it would be another wrench thrown into the transition of power — and another effort to make the case of opposition to the coming Trump presidency.

But even then, don’t expect it to end. Efforts to undermine Trump’s presidency by Democrats and those Republicans who believe Trump is unfit for office — or violating his oath of office — almost certainly will continue, a cascading series of constant challenges.

In short, Monday could be the opening salvo of a new campaign against a president’s legitimacy — a fact-based version of the racist, fact-free birther conspiracy. This time around, the questions raised appear to be legitimate — Trump’s international conflicts of interest are real and, according to the unanimous view of US intelligence agencies, Russian attempts to influence the election are likewise real. The problem this time, however, is that — for the most part — these are uncharted waters and there are no established solutions.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/chrisgeidner/the-electoral-college-vote-isnt-just-about-the-electoral-col?utm_term=.mmxm4AeW#.ik8xK258

I've already seen a number of commentators who say the best option now is to keep up a constant barrage of withering criticism on all fronts that pushes Trump into some sort of psychotic episode or physical breakdown, and I'll be doing my part Smile

More power to you, otherwise he'll end up with the whole damn world having a psychotic breakdown.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:54 pm

nicko wrote:So you will be helping to send a man to a Mental Hospital?    what a nice man you are !

I have to weigh that damage against the damage Trump will wreak. I wish Trump would do the right thing and resign voluntarily, but that doesn't seem likely. So he has to be pushed out with brute force.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Independent Thoughts Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:41 am

All this anger and bitterness. The next 8 years are going to be long ones for the Liberals.

Independent Thoughts
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:44 am

Lord Independent Thoughts wrote:All this anger and bitterness.  The next 8 years are going to be long ones for the Liberals.
They will be long years for the civilised world.
One can only hope the CIA/NSA/FBI/Homeland Security/secret service have enough of his warmongering, hate filled and racist polices to cause him to leave office, either resign, get arrested or carried away on a gurney.
Few will mourn his leaving this mortal coil.
One of the most reviled people in present times.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:06 am

Lord Independent Thoughts wrote:
All this anger and bitterness.  The next 8 years are going to be long ones for the Liberals.

Rolling Eyes

ONCE AGAIN,  you only prove that you have no idea just what a genuine "liberal" or "lefty" is...

"EIGHT years" you reckon,  Ivanka  ?
Your delusions are priceless;   Just as well you don't have to pay for them..          Democrats to wage endless, fact-based war on Trump's legitimacy 1399249160
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:52 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
nicko wrote:So you will be helping to send a man to a Mental Hospital?    what a nice man you are !
I have to weigh that damage against the damage Trump will wreak. I wish Trump would do the right thing and resign voluntarily, but that doesn't seem likely. So he has to be pushed out with brute force.
That won't be much of a PUSH ...not when his ego won't allow him to avoid such media comedic shows - takes on any and all news channels - his very mental temperment proves how fragile his personality is - if he can't bully people into submission then he'll threaten them with whatever means he'll have at hand.  
If he's not taking drugs - he'll soon need to be; he just can't maintain the 24/7 twittering and run the POTUS office without some sleep periods! Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:08 am

Trumpf is quite insane. A beserk megalomaniac with an outsized ego. It say a lot about the intelligence and wisdom of those who support him and his appalling policies.
Putin now has control over the Northern Hemisphere now he has installed his puppet into the White House.
Is it part of Putin's plan to have another nuclear power onside to destroy China?
There is growing evidence that the differences between the West , which includes Russia and China is growing.
America has given its power to a madman who is controlled by a puppetmaster
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:49 am

HE'S going to be President and nothing can prevent it, suck it up snowflake.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:57 am

Far right supports far right crazed racist.
No surprise there then.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:25 am

What makes you think i'm far right? just because I don't agree with your far left spoutings?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:43 am

Handy Andy wrote:Trumpf is quite insane. A beserk megalomaniac with an outsized ego. It say a lot about the intelligence and wisdom of those who support him and his appalling policies.
Putin now has control over the Northern Hemisphere now he has installed his puppet into the White House.
Is it part of Putin's plan to have another nuclear power onside to destroy China?
There is growing evidence that the differences between the West , which includes Russia and China is growing.
America has given its power to a madman who is controlled by a puppetmaster
Well now the very rat pack mentality that has been running their own form of obstructionist congress is ranting about the Democrats playing the same political game.
Florida, Sen. Ted Cruz warned that Democrats will become “obstructionists at a level we’ve never seen” under a Donald Trump administration.  In what has to be a giant fit of irony, the Texas lawmaker — who single-handedly shut the government down because Democrats wouldn’t repeal their signature health care law — predicted to Turning Point USA that Democrats will “filibuster absolutely everything they can,” according to Texas Tribune reporter Patrick Svitek.
Apparently Cruz, whose stunt was described by a Senate aide as “a toddler’s version of legislating,” is now worried that the minority party will resort to what was essentially the only page of the Republican Party playbook from 2010 to now. Since 2010 GOPers have filibustered hundreds of bills passed by the House of Representatives explicitly because they wanted to make Obama “a one-term president.”
http://www.salon.com/2016/12/19/master-troll-ted-cruz-predicts-democrats-will-become-obstructionists-at-a-level-weve-never-seen/  

Last edited by 4EVER2 on Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:59 am

You get what you voted for, as you keep telling us Laughing
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:28 pm

Lord Independent Thoughts wrote:All this anger and bitterness.  The next 8 years are going to be long ones for the Liberals.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/11/11/get-some-of-them-to-kill-themselves-popular-neo-nazi-site-urges-readers-to-troll-liberals-into-suicide/?tid=a_inl&utm_term=.44f33a2c9572
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:07 pm

Ben, seriously do you think that Trump can be denied the presidency ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:30 pm

nicko wrote:Ben,    seriously do you think that Trump can be denied the presidency ?

Not at all.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:34 pm

It's that or a nuclear holocaust when Trump confronts China, and forgets his lines.  What choice would you make?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:38 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:

That is, at least, an interesting approach to the democratic process, Ben. Do I take it that you are in favour of violent insurrection against the majority decision?

And before the usual suspects start screaming "Fascist" and "Nazi" at me [ (a) I ain't and (b) I couldn't care a fish's tit what anyone else thinks about me] my long held opinion of both candidates in your Presidential election reflected the view of the Duke of Wellington as he inspected his troops on the eve of the Battle of Waterloo: "I don't know what they will do to the enemy, but by God they frighten me."
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:54 pm

I don't think it's that easy to push someone into a psychotic episode really. Why not wait to see what he actually does before you try?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:26 pm

There's a lot of trotter stamping and sour grapes on this subject. The US voted him in, so deal with it.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:01 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

That is, at least, an interesting approach to the democratic process, Ben.  Do I take it that you are in favour of violent insurrection against the majority decision?

And before the usual suspects start screaming "Fascist" and "Nazi" at me [ (a) I ain't and (b) I couldn't care a fish's tit what anyone else thinks about me] my long held opinion of both candidates in your Presidential election reflected the view of the Duke of Wellington as he inspected his troops on the eve of the Battle of Waterloo: "I don't know what they will do to the enemy, but by God they frighten me."

No one is criticizing you, Fred.  But, nor do you need to question Ben's loyalty.  He started this thread, and the article suggests--so far from insurrection--an endless campaign of factual and logical criticism of Trump and his inevitable foibles.  

Trump has no history or experience.  He is less than intelligent.  He can't maintain a single thought for too long.  He is impatient.  Moreover, he has these severe personality defects: bullying, thin-skinned; racism; unpleasant; unable to resist responding (particularly criticism); anti-Hispanic; lack of any curiosity; misogyny; inability to learn; needing of flattery; carries grudges; lacks empathy...and poor taste in women...or, that is to say, unable to commit.

What the article suggests is, we need to marginalize and isolate him...and otherwise, wait out the 4-years, when people can again express their revulsion.  Hopefully next time, we won't have the hitch in our electoral college get-a-long.  

A resignation would short-cut the process.  There is precedent in Nixon.  Trump has conflicts-of-interest galore, and he will most assuredly be hounded by people, the press, and lawsuits every move he makes.  There will be many missteps each week.  He may well simply choose to step down of his own accord, finding its easier and life in the presidency isn't what he thought it would be.

Look at it this way: he was about to get indicted for bribery, fraud and income tax evasion.  He avoided those pitfalls, so he's already ahead.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:53 am

Original Quill wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

That is, at least, an interesting approach to the democratic process, Ben.  Do I take it that you are in favour of violent insurrection against the majority decision?

No one is criticizing you, Fred.  But, nor do you need to question Ben's loyalty.  He started this thread, and the article suggests--so far from insurrection--an endless campaign of factual and logical criticism of Trump and his inevitable foibles.  

Trump has no history or experience.  He is less than intelligent.  He can't maintain a single thought for too long.  He is impatient.  Moreover, he has these severe personality defects: bullying, thin-skinned; racism; unpleasant; unable to resist responding (particularly criticism); anti-Hispanic; lack of any curiosity; misogyny; inability to learn; needing of flattery; carries grudges; lacks empathy...and poor taste in women...or, that is to say, unable to commit.

What the article suggests is, we need to marginalize and isolate him...and otherwise, wait out the 4-years, when people can again express their revulsion.  Hopefully next time, we won't have the hitch in our electoral college get-a-long.  

A resignation would short-cut the process.  There is precedent in Nixon.  Trump has conflicts-of-interest galore, and he will most assuredly be hounded by people, the press, and lawsuits every move he makes.  There will be many missteps each week.  He may well simply choose to step down of his own accord, finding its easier and life in the presidency isn't what he thought it would be.

Look at it this way: he was about to get indicted for bribery, fraud and income tax evasion.  He avoided those pitfalls, so he's already ahead.

I'm not questioning Ben's loyalty at all; I'm questioning the phrase "..has to be pushed out with brute force."

For the record I believe that Trump is one of the most repulsive and probably dangerous characters imaginable, but clearly the majority vote under your electoral system did not tally with my belief.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:04 am

Idea

ONLY 25.4% of the potential/eligible voters over there cast their vote for the Dumpster...

Even expressed as a % of those who could be bothered to actually vote on the day,  it's still only around/less than 48% who voted Team Trump..

Either way, those results do require a good level of mental gymnastics to claim that they represent any kind of a  (genuine) "majority" vote.         cyclops
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:50 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I don't think it's that easy to push someone into a psychotic episode really. Why not wait to see what he actually does before you try?

I've been paying attention for more than two years now, do you really think I need to see any more than what I've already seen?

Here we go:

Build a wall, pussy grabber, Muslim ban, dead troop basher, Mexican rapists, McCain is not a hero

Twitter war, fight with China, Russia is his data miner, Tic-Tacs, protesters whacked, cabinet full of billionaires

I simply plan to treat Trump exactly as the GOP treated Obama from Day 1. Is that in any way unfair? And if you think it is, please explain.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:20 pm

Common humanity ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:28 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I don't think it's that easy to push someone into a psychotic episode really. Why not wait to see what he actually does before you try?

I've been paying attention for more than two years now, do you really think I need to see any more than what I've already seen?

Here we go:

Build a wall, pussy grabber, Muslim ban, dead troop basher, Mexican rapists, McCain is not a hero

Twitter war, fight with China, Russia is his data miner, Tic-Tacs, protesters whacked, cabinet full of billionaires

I simply plan to treat Trump exactly as the GOP treated Obama from Day 1. Is that in any way unfair? And if you think it is, please explain.

Trump hasn't had a chance to do any of those things yet, and he might not do them. In fact, it would be impractical for him to do some of them. That's what I mean by waiting to see what he does. I don't think that attempting to drive someone to having a mental illness for something they might do is very fair. In any case, you can't make someone psychotic, you can probably only make them a bit neurotic at a pinch, but if he was that way inclined he would have shown signs of it already.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:03 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Trump hasn't had a chance to do any of those things yet, and he might not do them. In fact, it would be impractical for him to do some of them. That's what I mean by waiting to see what he does. I don't think that attempting to drive someone to having a mental illness for something they might do is very fair. In any case, you can't make someone psychotic, you can probably only make them a bit neurotic at a pinch, but if he was that way inclined he would have shown signs of it already.

True, but we have his sworn statement that these are things he will do. And we have seen him setting up his Cabinet...all true to what he said he would do.

On the character issues, he has lived for 70-years exhibiting his character. It's not good. If he goes against what he said he would do during the campaign, he's worse isn't he? He's a liar, and nothing he said or promises can be trusted.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:26 pm

Exactly. This guy has a huge ego problem, he's 70 and he just got elected by being himself. The idea he's going to change is wishful thinking.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down