NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hospital Medic Attacked Patient

+3
Syl
HoratioTarr
Major
7 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Hospital Medic Attacked Patient Empty Re: Hospital Medic Attacked Patient

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:23 pm

Was there any need to film it? Really? I don't blame that doctor for getting pissed off. If he feels the need to film hospital treatment in an effort to appease his boss, then he's obviously done things in the past that made his boss feel like he was malingering.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:59 pm

The man should have asked permission to film, which would obviously have been denied.
But the Dr was totally wrong to slap him, he should have withdrawn the needle and asked him to delete the film IF he wanted him to continue with treatment.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:51 pm

I think he has a legal right to Film it.
Normally the 'ownership' of confidentiality is with the patient not the Doctor.
i.e. the Patient is allowed to talk about the doctor and reveal anything that happened in the consultation, but a Doctor is not allowed to reveal anything about their patients.

I also think Serious investigation has to be performed on any medic not willing to be filmed by their patient. the whole idea stinks of mal practice and he should definitely be charged with assault for striking him while he had the needle in his arm.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:17 pm

Major wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:Was there any need to film it?  Really?   I don't blame that doctor for getting pissed off.  If he feels the need to film hospital treatment in an effort to appease his boss, then he's obviously done things in the past that made his boss feel like he was malingering.  

How would thee react to a smack around the head??????????????????????????
kiss his ass??????????????

Is there proof he got smacked round the head?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:18 pm

Syl wrote:The man should have asked permission to film, which would obviously have been denied.
But the Dr was totally wrong to slap him, he should have withdrawn the needle and asked him to delete the film IF he wanted him to continue with treatment.

There's no excuse for violence of any kind, nor dignity in it. I would have asked him nicely not to film. If he ignored me I'd have walked away. Not sure if he actually did get a whack round the head. He's not managed to film that.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:22 pm

veya_victaous wrote:I think he has a legal right to Film it.
i.e. the Patient is allowed to talk about the doctor and reveal anything that happened in the consultation, but a Doctor is not allowed to reveal anything about their patients.

I also think Serious investigation has to be performed on any medic not willing to be filmed by their patient. the whole idea stinks of mal practice and he should definitely be charged with assault for striking him while he had the needle in his arm.

I don't agree. I think you have to take into account the rights of the medical staff as well as those of the patient. Being filmed might make some people nervous or uncomfortable and cause them to make mistakes. The footage could then be broadcast of YouTube and that is just not acceptable and is just as much an infringement of privacy as any other kind of abuse. I wouldn't want to be filmed if I was trying to do my job. What did people do before mobile phones? Everyone managed perfectly well before that.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:00 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

I don't agree.   I think you have to take into account the rights of the medical staff as well as those of the patient.   Being filmed might make some people nervous or uncomfortable and cause them to make mistakes.   The footage could then be broadcast of YouTube and that is just not acceptable and is just as much an infringement of privacy as any other kind of abuse.   I wouldn't want to be filmed if I was trying to do my job.   What did people do before mobile phones?  Everyone managed perfectly well before that.

I think you are right. There is the patient privacy right, but the medical staff has a common law right not to have their privacy invaded, subject to a limited exception for a valid purpose.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:20 pm

I haven't read the story or clicked the link... But I do wonder why he was filming a blood test.?!
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:45 pm

I think the patient has every right to film the procedure,in lieu of a witness/chaperone,or indeed in addition there to. I don't think the doctors privacy would be invaded until or unless the recording was placed in the public domain ???
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:56 pm

Lord Foul wrote:I think the patient has every right to film the procedure,in lieu of a witness/chaperone,or indeed in addition there to. I don't think the doctors privacy would be invaded until or unless the recording was placed in the public domain ???

Fair point. It's all conditioned on publication, which hasn't happened yet.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:48 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:The man should have asked permission to film, which would obviously have been denied.

There's no excuse for violence of any kind, nor dignity in it.   I would have asked him nicely not to film.   If he ignored me I'd have walked away.   Not sure if he actually did get a whack round the head.   He's not managed to film that.

Maybe because his hand was jogged when the Dr cracked him one. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:51 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

I don't agree.   I think you have to take into account the rights of the medical staff as well as those of the patient.   Being filmed might make some people nervous or uncomfortable and cause them to make mistakes.   The footage could then be broadcast of YouTube and that is just not acceptable and is just as much an infringement of privacy as any other kind of abuse.   I wouldn't want to be filmed if I was trying to do my job.   What did people do before mobile phones?  Everyone managed perfectly well before that.

then Don't go into a industry where you are liable for misconduct Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
IF your not confiedent enough to be filmed doing the job YOUR NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO HAVE THE JOB
end of story. And As a service provider It can even be made public domain for review.
the Doctor has No reasonable expection of privacy for the consultation from the patient themself.
You are basically saying that the Doctor has right to hide his fucks up, no Professional would agree.

what did people do BEFORE the ready access to a camera
Well that got abused, suffered outrageous incompetance and misconduct. Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect
Have you not noticed the Massive increase in the reporting of these things not just in hospitals but police, teachers, child care etc.

If a Doctor cannot tolerate being filmed theny should be disbarred, definitly not in Public health care.
We are All Told if you have nothing to hide you should have nothing to fear.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:14 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

then Don't go into a industry where you are liable for misconduct Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
IF your not confiedent enough to be filmed doing the job YOUR NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO HAVE THE JOB
end of story. And As a service provider It can even be made public domain for review.
the Doctor has No reasonable expection of privacy for the consultation from the patient themself.
You are basically saying that the Doctor has right to hide his fucks up, no Professional would agree.

what did people do BEFORE the ready access to a camera
Well that got abused, suffered outrageous incompetance and misconduct. Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect
Have you not noticed the Massive increase in the reporting of these things not just in hospitals but police, teachers, child care etc.

If a Doctor cannot tolerate being filmed theny should be disbarred, definitly not in Public health care.
We are All Told if you have nothing to hide you should have nothing to fear.

Why is it automatically assumed the doctor would fuck up? What about the time before the fashion for filming every aspect of your life and putting it on social media? Did anyone get treated any worse then? Why should they be filmed? What next? Allowing people in to film operations? Filming people dying? It's bad enough people do this out in our streets, without it encroaching in a hospital. And if I found myself being filmed in the background, for example, or one of my loved ones, I wouldn't be happy. It's absolute fucking stupidity.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:38 pm

Because they might,

Yes people got treated worse (in the case of policing the Camera is directly responisble for reducing abuse)

Yes it should be filmed because everything is

Yes people should be able to Film THEIR operation, the patient owns the Confidentiality not the medical staff 

It would be the dying persons choice if they cannot give infomed consent than no

Mentioning the streets LOOK AT ALL THE CAMERAS!!! all run by a gov't that says IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE YOU HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR, if that is true why would any legitamate doctor have a problem being filmed by a patient?

A Doctor should be of the professional standard to be filmed
This is Not any real big expection, IF you are a professional in a circumstance you may be liable than accurate record of actions is common place.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down