NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody Have Any Pets?

+2
Ben Reilly
ALLAKAKA
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Anybody Have Any Pets? Empty Anybody Have Any Pets?

Post by Guest Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:19 pm

If so, what do you have?

Did you have pets when you were a kid?

How attached to them are you? Will you cry when they're gone? Do you buy them presents at birthdays/Christmas?

Back to top Go down

Anybody Have Any Pets? Empty Re: Anybody Have Any Pets?

Post by Guest Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:23 pm

My kids want a dog.

Seems like quite a lot of hard work - it will end up being me who does that work, I'm sure.

Any ideas for an "easy" pet?

Back to top Go down

Post by ALLAKAKA Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:35 pm

When my children were very young I got my first German Shepherd , he was never just a Dog ,but a part of the Family.

ALLAKAKA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:40 pm

Yeah but are dogs ok to be left most of the day on their own?

Blummin expensive too!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:47 pm

I've had dogs nearly my whole life. I don't have one now, but my mom's are just as much "mine" as they are hers; whenever I visit I like to bring them treats and toys. They're awesome, and I will miss them when they're gone.

But, you know, I lost my dad in 2010, and nothing hurts as bad as that did. When you go through that you realize you can make it through just about anything.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:55 pm

get a cat,they are clean,don't cost as much to feed as a dog,[unless it's a small dog] they are affectionate,when they want to be.when they are older,they can be left alone without to much worry.

but remember,dogs have masters, cats have servants!!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:00 pm

nicko wrote:get a cat,they are clean,don't cost as much to feed as a dog,[unless it's a small dog] they are affectionate,when they want to be.when they are older,they can be left alone without to much worry.

Can't be doing with the hairs - I get itchy eyes.

That counts for the dogs too - anybody got ideas?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:02 pm

Check out the hypoallergenic breeds, there are quite a few both for dogs and cats.

I was thinking about getting a Russian Blue cat, they're really cute.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by ALLAKAKA Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:06 pm

A pet Pig , it could also come in handy for food when society breaks down ?

ALLAKAKA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:17 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:Yeah but are dogs ok to be left most of the day on their own?

Blummin expensive too!

I've got nothing against dogs but I don't them or their owners when the dog sh-ts outside of my house & the owner doesn't wipe it up.

Additionally,something that I find equally disgusting is the habit of Cornish dog owners taking their mutts into cemeteries for walkies & allowing them to urinate & defecate on & around the graves.

This loathsome occurrence has been covered in the local media in recent months but the idiots are still allowing it to happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by ALLAKAKA Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:24 pm

Shady wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:Yeah but are dogs ok to be left most of the day on their own?

Blummin expensive too!

I've got nothing against dogs but I don't them or their owners when the dog sh-ts outside of my house & the owner doesn't wipe it up.

Additionally,something that I find equally disgusting is the habit of Cornish dog owners taking their mutts into cemeteries for walkies & allowing them to urinate & defecate on & around the graves.

This loathsome occurrence has been covered in the local media in recent months but the idiots are still allowing it to happen.

What's a '' Cornish Dog '' is it a cross between a Hot and a Pasty ?

ALLAKAKA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:27 pm

And I suppose that it's only a matter of time until a poster comes up with the 'there is proof that some animals are gay' gag as well.

Let me guess.Some animals are gay because they have a copy of the Daily Mirror in their litter tray & black dogs are equal to white dogs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:29 pm

ALLAKAKA wrote:
Shady wrote:

What's a '' Cornish Dog ''  is it a cross between a Hot and a Pasty ?

I tell you what mate.Some of the Cornish are so poor down here they've resorted to eating dogs snatched from the streets......Barbaric I call it but that's what you get when you have left wing views........Bloody cannibals.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:44 pm

Nine dogs, four ponies, two donkeys and a goat. Beat that!  Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:49 pm

Shady wrote:And I suppose that it's only a matter of time until a poster comes up with the 'there is proof that some animals are gay' gag as well.

Let me guess.Some animals are gay because they have a copy of the Daily Mirror in their litter tray & black dogs are equal to white dogs.

Looks like you just did!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:52 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
nicko wrote:get a cat,they are clean,don't cost as much to feed as a dog,[unless it's a small dog] they are affectionate,when they want to be.when they are older,they can be left alone without to much worry.

Can't be doing with the hairs - I get itchy eyes.

That counts for the dogs too - anybody got ideas?

A rat seems quite appropriate, only trouble, very intelligent, they might get bored lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:20 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Shady wrote:And I suppose that it's only a matter of time until a poster comes up with the 'there is proof that some animals are gay' gag as well.

Looks like you just did!

It won't be long Ben.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:48 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I've had dogs nearly my whole life. I don't have one now, but my mom's are just as much "mine" as they are hers; whenever I visit I like to bring them treats and toys. They're awesome, and I will miss them when they're gone.

But, you know, I lost my dad in 2010, and nothing hurts as bad as that did. When you go through that you realize you can make it through just about anything.

Thats very true Ben.
Im sorry for your loss.
What dogs has mum got?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:50 pm

NemsAgain wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:I've had dogs nearly my whole life. I don't have one now, but my mom's are just as much "mine" as they are hers; whenever I visit I like to bring them treats and toys. They're awesome, and I will miss them when they're gone.

Thats very true Ben.
Im sorry for your loss.
What dogs has mum got?

Thanks, that's nice of you. She's got a pair of Boston Terriers, very cute little things with so much personality.

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:57 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
NemsAgain wrote:

Thats very true Ben.
Im sorry for your loss.
What dogs has mum got?

Thanks, that's nice of you. She's got a pair of Boston Terriers, very cute little things with so much personality.

Brilliant! He enjoyed that  :D 
Those dogs have gorgeous faces.
I have a Cairn Norfolk Cross that is not right in the head and looks a bit like this

Anybody Have Any Pets? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcmX6DzbvCRGHuWCUNRjNpuFDFUiiEuWLSGsHbYopO6j7s9Ai_8Q

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:58 pm

Very cute! My family had a dog that looked like that when I was a kid, except he was black & white.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:24 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
NemsAgain wrote:

Thats very true Ben.
Im sorry for your loss.
What dogs has mum got?

Aww gorgeous  I love you x

I have a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel who I adore and my heart will break when anything happens to him  Sad Hubby reckons I love the dog more than him  :D Would share a pic but I'm finding hosting pics challenging at the mo!

Sorry to hear about your Dad Ben x

PS - I have met Nem's dog and I'd adopt her in a second  I love you she's great fun!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:34 pm

Two cats, nowadays.  Over a lifetime I have raised dobermans and golden retrievers.  But now I've been reduced to one bitchy, bitchy female cat that only will let me touch her, no one else...and two big brother cats, one of which ran away some time ago.

He's quite big (maybe 21 lbs.) and she's small (meh...7-8 lbs.) but guess who rules?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:01 pm

Original Quill wrote:Two cats, nowadays.  Over a lifetime I have raised dobermans and golden retrievers.  But now I've been reduced to one bitchy, bitchy female cat that only will let me touch her, no one else...and two big brother cats, one of which ran away some time ago.

He's quite big (maybe 21 lbs.) and she's small (meh...7-8 lbs.) but guess who rules?

Its always the way!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:11 pm

...got two shop boys though! Laughing 

Yeah, have rabbits guinea pigs and a wee bichon frise(rabbits and guinea pigs in shed)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:50 pm

Joy Division wrote:...got two shop boys though! Laughing 

Yeah, have rabbits guinea  pigs and a wee bichon frise(rabbits and guinea pigs in shed)

We are getting Guiinea pigs soon
two girls called Tingle and Tango  bounce 

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:42 pm

Tess. wrote:Nine dogs, four ponies, two donkeys and a goat.  Beat that!   Smile 

Dang.
I thought I had a shot

2 dogs, 6 Blue tounge lizards, 1 Cockatiel, 1 budgie, couple of dozen tropical fish and about a dozen Yabbies(crayfish)

But you win, Ponies beat fish tanks  Crying or Very sad 

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:49 pm

@sassy
Rats make excellent pets ( I had some as a kid)
much smarter than dogs and easier to train, plus their more hand like paws means you can teach them really cool stuff (plus a lot of toys are perfect size)
The only problem is the life span, 2-4 years is realistic.

and they you don’t have to worry about giving them things like chocolate (if you can eat it they can) I fact if you give them chocolate they will worship you like a god (that dispenses chocolate)
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:58 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:If so, what do you have?

Did you have pets when you were a kid?

How attached to them are you?  Will you cry when they're gone?  Do you buy them presents at birthdays/Christmas?
i used to have a dog called "password"
 Suspect i use it for all my banking details and important stuff ::lies::  

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:20 pm

8 dogs, 6 cats, 4 ferrets, 2 rabbits, (not in same hutch affraid )5 chickens, 30 assorted parrots, fish, turtles, tortoises.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:05 pm

grumpy old git wrote:8 dogs, 6 cats, 4 ferrets, 2 rabbits, (not in same hutch affraid )5 chickens, 30 assorted parrots, fish, turtles, tortoises.
And a partridge in a pear tree  ::rambo:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:03 am

grumpy old git wrote:8 dogs, 6 cats, 4 ferrets, 2 rabbits, (not in same hutch affraid )5 chickens, 30 assorted parrots, fish, turtles, tortoises.

No llamas, Vic? Orangutans? Stretch out my man. You need a real menagerie.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:31 am

Blimey - someone as bad as me! Don't the cats and dogs fight? Chickens too? What's your secret - why don't they murder each other? I tried keeping chickens but they got killed, it was probably the dogs, but it could have been pine martens, we have some big wild ones here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:45 am

Tess. wrote:
Blimey - someone as bad as me!  Don't the cats and dogs fight?  Chickens too?  What's your secret - why don't they murder each other?  I tried keeping chickens but they got killed, it was probably the dogs, but it could have been pine martens, we have some big wild ones here.

Hi Tess
Thats my big worry too - daughter wants a cat but Im scared of the cat and dog fighting.
The dog is fine with the Hamster except when the Hamster chases her in her ball  lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:52 am

NemsAgain wrote:
Tess. wrote:
Blimey - someone as bad as me!  Don't the cats and dogs fight?  Chickens too?  What's your secret - why don't they murder each other?  I tried keeping chickens but they got killed, it was probably the dogs, but it could have been pine martens, we have some big wild ones here.

Hi Tess
Thats my big worry too - daughter wants a cat but Im scared of the cat and dog fighting.
The dog is fine with the Hamster except when the Hamster chases her in her ball  lol! 
Hi Nems. You could get a cat from Battersea - when I got one there years ago I said I had a dog and I was worried, so they brought a dog to the cat part and showed it to the cat I picked out. The cat spat at it and saw the poor little thing off, so they said he'd be fine! Never forget that. And they were right, the dog never went too close to that cat! But if you're not sure why not get a second small dog? Same outlay to keep, better company for your present dog, and you don't have the constant worry of one being attacked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:39 am

I have a chestnut Quarab mare if this counts.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:14 pm

my pet sleeps on my bed with me, does yours?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:22 pm

nicko wrote:my pet sleeps on my bed with me, does yours?
I don't think Warren's does!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:30 pm

Tess. wrote:
nicko wrote:my pet sleeps on my bed with me, does yours?

She would if she could.  Laughing  Her living accommodation is better than mine with food and drink on demand and there is even a daily maid service.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:37 pm

Tess. wrote:
NemsAgain wrote:

Hi Tess
Hi Nems.  You could get a cat from Battersea - when I got one there years ago I said I had a dog and I was worried, so they brought a dog to the cat part and showed it to the cat I picked out.  The cat spat at it and saw the poor little thing off, so they said he'd be fine!  Never forget that.  And they were right, the dog never went too close to that cat!  But if you're not sure why not get a second small dog? Same outlay to keep, better company for your present dog, and you don't have the constant worry of one being attacked.

My daughter's best friend has a dog that has just had puppies...
No! Note to self no no no!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:38 pm

Warren Moon wrote:
Tess. wrote:

She would if she could.    Laughing   Her living accommodation is better than mine with food and drink on demand and there is even a daily maid service.

What does Quarab mean Warren?  :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:55 pm

NemsAgain wrote:
Warren Moon wrote:

She would if she could.    Laughing   Her living accommodation is better than mine with food and drink on demand and there is even a daily maid service.

Posh cowboy horse! Sort of part Arab part painted American type.

As for the dog, honestly Nems, having two's less work than one. They keep each other occupied and are less likely to get into mischief. Honest.  Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:09 pm

Tess. wrote:
NemsAgain wrote:

Posh cowboy horse!  Sort of part Arab part painted American type.

As for the dog, honestly Nems, having two's less work than one.  They keep each other occupied and are less likely to get into mischief.  Honest.   Smile 

Cheers Tess  :D 
I keep getting invited round to see the puppies, but i know I will be lost if I do!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:18 pm

What breed of dawg Nems, or is it a bitsa?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:33 pm

Warren Moon wrote:What breed of dawg Nems, or is it a bitsa?

The one I have now is a Cairn Norfolk cross
and the puppies are Labradors  :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:18 pm

Labrador pups are cute but boy oh boy are they mischievous. You must let us know if you decide to get one.  ::-3:: 

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by nicko Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:58 pm

how about bee's
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:08 pm

Original Quill wrote:

No llamas, Vic?  Orangutans?  Stretch out my man.  You need a real menagerie.  

If I had a few more acres I would certainly have a llama of two or three, none of the apes tho, I have to put up with enough of em on here....

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next