NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lorry Driver Jailrd For Killing Family Whilst Using Phone

+4
scrat
magica
Syl
Major
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Lorry Driver Jailrd For Killing Family Whilst Using Phone - Page 2 Empty Re: Lorry Driver Jailrd For Killing Family Whilst Using Phone

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:11 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

He was using a device for playing music...

The device had a number of other functions...

But the crash was ultimately caused by this idiot not looking forward at road while driving...

Yes, as I said, I'm sure the loved ones of Tracy Houghton, 45, her sons Ethan, 13, and Josh, 11, and stepdaughter Aimee Goldsmith, 11, are comforted by your distinction.

Perhaps you should consider bereavement counselling as a sideline? Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Lorry Driver Jailrd For Killing Family Whilst Using Phone - Page 2 Empty Re: Lorry Driver Jailrd For Killing Family Whilst Using Phone

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:42 pm

I think it's important to raise the point that when you are driving... doing ANY other activity that requires you to concentrate on anything else other than concentrating on the actual looking forward at the road/traffic conditions ahead and the driving, it is not just a criminal offence and highly dangerous, but i would say is the root cause of vast majority of accidents/injuries/deaths on our roads!

It was the lack of attention to looking ahead and driving that caused the crash... the number of possible distractions are countless...

And I think the emphasis should be made about not being distracted and all possible dangerous distractions, rather than just focusing on a mobile phone being the cause while being used as a music player but no mention of using a music player as being a problem...

I listed other equally dangerous distractions earlier...

Tommy Monk wrote:
The crash wasn't caused by the mobile phone... it was caused by this idiot not paying enough attention to looking forward while doing the driving!

He may as well have been reading a map or a newspaper or a book or directions on a bit of paper etc...

Or changing radio station or putting a cd in the player or trying to pick up a drink that had fallen over... or could have been a woman doing make up in the mirror or rummaging around in handbag or telling the kids in the back seats to behave and stop messing about etc...

All distractions need to be highlighted!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:45 pm

A lesson for us all, I think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:47 pm

RIP the family who were wiped out by the driver anyway.....it's they and their relatives who have paid the price.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:48 pm

Syl wrote:RIP the family who were wiped out by the driver anyway.....it's they and their relatives  who have paid the price.

It is indeed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:53 pm

It is indeed...but...have they got "justice"

10 years ...out in 5

hmmmm.....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:57 pm

Lord Foul wrote:It is indeed...but...have they got "justice"

10 years ...out in 5

hmmmm.....

Only their loved ones can truly judge that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:09 pm

True....

speaking for my self I wouldnt consider that to be "justice" indeed I would consider it an insult

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:11 pm

Lord Foul wrote:True....

speaking for my self I wouldnt consider that to be "justice" indeed I would consider it an insult

In their position I think I would too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:13 pm

So you agree then that the law is "inadequate" in this instance ?

that he should be facing much longer inside.....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:15 pm

Lord Foul wrote:So you agree then that the law is "inadequate" in this instance ?

that he should be facing much longer inside.....

Seemingly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2