NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indian tourist must stay in England for a year after serving his sentence?

4 posters

Go down

Indian tourist must stay in England for a year after serving his sentence? Empty Indian tourist must stay in England for a year after serving his sentence?

Post by Syl Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:12 pm

Why?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3881674/Indian-tourist-46-groped-sleeping-British-teenager-plane-stay-UK-YEAR-finishing-jail-term-complete-supervision-order-taxpayers-expense.html

For a start it's a pathetically light sentence. He seriously sexually assaulted a teenager whilst his wife was sat unknowingly beside him. but why the need for him to stay here after he has served his sentence?

"An Indian businessman who molested a British teenager during a flight to the UK will be supervised at taxpayers' expense for a year after his jail term ends. 
Suman Das, 46, was arrested at Manchester Airport after the 18-year old victim claimed he touched her between her legs whilst she was dozing in her seat. 
She said she woke up to feel a 'rubbing sensation' and fled to the back of the plane in tears.
At the time of the assault at 30,000 feet aboard a Qatar Airways Boeing 787, Das' wife Sonia was sat beside him unaware of her husband's behaviour.
He was jailed for 20 weeks at Manchester magistrates court yesterday. Following his release he will be supervised in the community for a year, despite being a foreign citizen, at taxpayers' expense. 
Das initially claimed he must have touched the girl by accident whilst fidgeting in his seat and offered to apologise - but he later said he could not have carried out an assault as he was asleep.
At court Das, who has been staying with friends in Bolton since his arrest, looked confused and muttered to himself as District Judge Sam Goozee told him: 'This was a sexual assault in circumstances where you took advantage of the victim.
'She was travelling on her own, and it took place next to your own wife in what was a brief but traumatic assault where you touched her extremely intimately. This cause the victim extreme distress. No doubt you are having difficulty facing the consequences of what you did that night.
'But the consequences for her have affected her greatly. You are a man of good character, your references speak of that. This is a very serious offence and you have not demonstrated any remorse or faced up to your actions on that night.'
Migration Watch UK criticised the decision to supervise Das in the UK. Alp Mehmet, vice chairman of the lobby group said: 'Migration Watch UK has long argued that the continued failure to remove those with no right to be in the UK simply undermines confidence in the immigration system. This, to me, is another example of a failure to apply common sense.'  
Das who born in India was self employed and had volunteered as an aid worker in the aftermath of the 2015 Nepal earthquake which killed 9,000 people. The incident occurred in July five hours into the flight from the Qatari city of Doha to Manchester."

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Indian tourist must stay in England for a year after serving his sentence? Empty Re: Indian tourist must stay in England for a year after serving his sentence?

Post by Syl Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:43 pm

No interest in this story?

I was on a flight once where a Brit acted so badly police were waiting for him when we landed in a foreign country.
I imagine they deported that idiot back to Britain pretty damn fast so he could be dealt with in his own country....not spend time and money on him in a country he had not yet set foot in.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Indian tourist must stay in England for a year after serving his sentence? Empty Re: Indian tourist must stay in England for a year after serving his sentence?

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:34 pm

See what I was saying about having to do something very serious to get prison these days...?

This crime isn't serious enough...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:38 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:See what I was saying about having to do something very serious to get prison these days...?

This crime isn't serious enough...

Of course it's serious enough, but why should we have to pay for his trial, his imprisonment, and when all that's done with house, feed and supervise him for a year after?
He doesn't live here, he didn't even set foot on British soil before he commited his crime.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:20 pm

Sorry my mistake... report says he was given a 20 week jail sentence... so it appears that he will be going to prison... although only to actually do half of that (or less) in jail...

I misread it earlier and thought it said 20 weeks prison 'suspended' for a year...

The order to keep him here in uk for a year after release is ludicrous... but I suspect it may be something to do with already planned early release conditions where he may only end up doing a few days or couple weeks inside (if any time at all)... but instead him being placed at a public residential address on 'tag' for 6 months/a year etc...

I think he should have got a much longer actual in prison term... serve the whole lengtg of sentence... and then immediately deported on release...

I reckon the case became a uk matter because it was where the plane landed and offence was first reported etc...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:28 am

No problem Tommy....I had to read it twice myself in order to make sense of it all.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:39 am

Why isn't he deported after. He isn't living here. Why do we allow this.

Deport him after his sentence and put him on the sex register, dirty git.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:01 am

magica wrote:Why isn't he deported after. He isn't living here. Why do we allow this.

Deport him after his sentence and put him on the sex register, dirty git.

Can you imagine the expense this will cause the tax payer?
Money that could be spent much more wisely will be used to house, feed and supervise this pervert for a year after his release.
And if this is the first time he has acted out his deviant urges I would be very surprised....I think it should have read 'the first time he was caught'.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:16 am

Syl wrote:Why?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3881674/Indian-tourist-46-groped-sleeping-British-teenager-plane-stay-UK-YEAR-finishing-jail-term-complete-supervision-order-taxpayers-expense.html

For a start it's a pathetically light sentence. He seriously sexually assaulted a teenager whilst his wife was sat unknowingly beside him. but why the need for him to stay here after he has served his sentence?

"An Indian businessman who molested a British teenager during a flight to the UK will be supervised at taxpayers' expense for a year after his jail term ends. 
Suman Das, 46, was arrested at Manchester Airport after the 18-year old victim claimed he touched her between her legs whilst she was dozing in her seat. 
She said she woke up to feel a 'rubbing sensation' and fled to the back of the plane in tears.
At the time of the assault at 30,000 feet aboard a Qatar Airways Boeing 787, Das' wife Sonia was sat beside him unaware of her husband's behaviour.
He was jailed for 20 weeks at Manchester magistrates court yesterday. Following his release he will be supervised in the community for a year, despite being a foreign citizen, at taxpayers' expense. 
Das initially claimed he must have touched the girl by accident whilst fidgeting in his seat and offered to apologise - but he later said he could not have carried out an assault as he was asleep.
At court Das, who has been staying with friends in Bolton since his arrest, looked confused and muttered to himself as District Judge Sam Goozee told him: 'This was a sexual assault in circumstances where you took advantage of the victim.
'She was travelling on her own, and it took place next to your own wife in what was a brief but traumatic assault where you touched her extremely intimately. This cause the victim extreme distress. No doubt you are having difficulty facing the consequences of what you did that night.
'But the consequences for her have affected her greatly. You are a man of good character, your references speak of that. This is a very serious offence and you have not demonstrated any remorse or faced up to your actions on that night.'
Migration Watch UK criticised the decision to supervise Das in the UK. Alp Mehmet, vice chairman of the lobby group said: 'Migration Watch UK has long argued that the continued failure to remove those with no right to be in the UK simply undermines confidence in the immigration system. This, to me, is another example of a failure to apply common sense.'  
Das who born in India was self employed and had volunteered as an aid worker in the aftermath of the 2015 Nepal earthquake which killed 9,000 people. The incident occurred in July five hours into the flight from the Qatari city of Doha to Manchester."

Jesus! I'd have slapped him into next week!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down