NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Genders divided in the US - if only men voted, Donald Trump would win by a landslide

+2
Tommy Monk
eddie
6 posters

Go down

Genders divided in the US - if only men voted, Donald Trump would win by a landslide  Empty Genders divided in the US - if only men voted, Donald Trump would win by a landslide

Post by eddie Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:05 pm

Genders divided in the US - if only men voted, Donald Trump would win by a landslide

ew analysis by FiveThirtyEight has shown how the recent revelations about Donald Trump have polarised the genders in the United States.

According to their analysis in terms, if only men voted, Donald Trump would win 350 electoral college votes, and Hillary Clinton would get 188.

If just women voted, Hillary Clinton would win a staggering 458 electoral college votes to Donald Trump's 80.

Nate Silver from FiveThirtyEight looked at the polls and calculated that Hillary Clinton was on average 10 points above Donald Trump among women in every state.

FiveThirtyEight then added 10 points to Hillary Clinton's polls-only margin in every state to see what would happen if only women voted.

This would put her ahead in Alaska, Arizona, Georgia, Kansas, Indiana, Missouri, Montana, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas and the 2nd congressional districts in Maine and Nebraska.

Donald Trump is 10 points above Hillary Clinton among men across the polls, so FiveThirtyEight did the same to the map for him and found that if only men voted, "Trump would win everything that could plausibly be called a swing state, with Clinton hanging on only to the West Coast, parts of the North-East, Illinois and New Mexico."

In conclusion, they predicted if Donald Trump loses, it's because women voted against him.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/12/genders-divided-over-trump-in-the-us---if-only-men-voted-donald/

** Can someone please copy over the data pics please as it's great to see it at-a-glance. Many thanks.**

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Genders divided in the US - if only men voted, Donald Trump would win by a landslide  Empty Re: Genders divided in the US - if only men voted, Donald Trump would win by a landslide

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:16 pm

I was watching 'the pledge' on BBC news channel last night...

One of the panel brought this up and tried saying men were sexist and had ingrained outdated views against a woman becoming president...

By looking at the figures... it shows more men would vote for the wonan than women voting for the man in that survey/poll...

Surely that shows that it is the women who are the sexist... if any are...?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Genders divided in the US - if only men voted, Donald Trump would win by a landslide  Empty Re: Genders divided in the US - if only men voted, Donald Trump would win by a landslide

Post by Guest Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:19 pm

Generally, I like and am more disposed to women over men - I suspect that most men who do not feel threatened by them feel the same. If true then that's male solidarity shattered. Genders divided in the US - if only men voted, Donald Trump would win by a landslide  2190311264

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:32 pm

Donald "pussy-grabber"* Trump has simply poured petrol on this issue, thus the disparity.  If a courteous and well-mannered gentleman--one who didn't make raw sex an issue--were running, I think things would be more balanced.

In fact, Donald Trump is the worst person to run against a woman.  It's like running David Duke against a black man.  Sparks will fly inevitably.

*  I use the nickname advisedly, as the very story of the Access Hollywood tape displays the point precisely as I make it.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:16 pm

?

I DON'T BELIEVE the O/P....

I don't quite understand how they did their calculations, nor reached their conclusions..

Looks to me like they were pre-loading their figures to produce results to suit their personal agenda, rather than using raw data..

I also suspect that nobody in that "FiveThirtyEight" group/body/organisation (whoever they are..), actually understands Statistical Analysis  ?
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:41 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:?

I DON'T BELIEVE the O/P....

I don't quite understand how they did their calculations,  nor reached their conclusions..

Looks to me like they were pre-loading their figures to produce results to suit their personal agenda, rather than using raw data..

I also suspect that nobody in that "FiveThirtyEight" group/body/organisation (whoever they are..), actually understands Statistical Analysis  ?

Au contraire, Nate Silver is a genius and his 538 group has been a better predictor of U.S. election outcomes for the past eight years at least. They know what they're doing.

You know what's really sad?

Genders divided in the US - if only men voted, Donald Trump would win by a landslide  395AC13000000578-3836460-image-a-30_1476369119384

Genders divided in the US - if only men voted, Donald Trump would win by a landslide  _91893329_repealholly
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:39 am

Well like wolf i can hardly imagine living in a society so behind on gender equality...
so it feels like it has to be preloaded
but we don't have many wacko Christians Genders divided in the US - if only men voted, Donald Trump would win by a landslide  2190311264
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down