NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 'Man Tax' has arrived – and men on social media are livid

5 posters

Go down

The 'Man Tax' has arrived – and men on social media are livid  Empty The 'Man Tax' has arrived – and men on social media are livid

Post by eddie Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:52 pm

The 'Man Tax' has arrived – and men on social media are livid

Here in Britain, the tampon tax has long been perceived as a sexist, unnecessary levy on womanhood.

This sense of injustice has only been amplified by the knowledge that whilst menstruation products continue to be legally defined as “luxuries”, certain foods and grooming products are, in the taxman’s eyes, de facto “essentials” requiring exemption from VAT.

Understandably, leading women equality activists have been leading the charge, petitioning the Treasury to repeal an historic wrong. But with Brexit now on the horizon, it seems the issue has been kicked into the long grass, with a decision not expected until 2018 at the earliest.

However, for those still aggrieved by such legislative discrepancies, the news pouring in today from across the Atlantic may give cause to celebrate.

On Monday, a New York pharmacy sent the ‘menosphere’ into overdrive when it announced a new policy of taxing “all male customers” a seven percent mulct labelled boldly as the “Man Tax”.

The unofficial levy was placed in the window of Thompson Chemists in the Soho district of downtown Manhattan, next to another which claimed that “all female customers shop tax free”.

As with any issue mildly crossing the line of political correctness, the move has sparked fractious debate on Reddit and Facebook, as men and women clash over the perceptions of what constitutes sexism in the modern day.

Fanning the man flames further, an employee at Thompson Chemists later confirmed to reporters that new policy was implemented to help highlight the daily gender discrepancies that women are faced with.
The move follows a study compiled by the New York City Department of Consumer Affairs, which revealed that women’s’ products cost on average seven percent more than the equivalent male products sold on the adjacent shelf.

Store owner Jolie Alony told the website Gothamist that that man tax is helping men to understand “how it feels to be a woman” so that they might finally “get to feel” what gender inequality feels like.

Noble, many would say. But for the zealous males patrolling the digital corridors of the internet, the verdict is clear: two wrongs don’t make a right.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thinking-man/the-man-tax-has-arrived--and-men-on-social-media-are-livid/

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

The 'Man Tax' has arrived – and men on social media are livid  Empty Re: The 'Man Tax' has arrived – and men on social media are livid

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:00 pm

dunno about the states...but over here THAT would land any company in court as NO company has the right to levy a "tax" and the offence would be the simple one of calling it a tax, thus implying it was govt sanctioned...

as to the point it makes
hasnt VAT been removed from tampons etc???

I thought it had over here.....????????????????????????????????????????????

as to the rest of womens goods (non female hygiene items) being more expensive ...THAT is down to the manufacturers

Me...Id just go elsewhere.....I can buy me soap/shampoo and "anti stink" from the supermarket far cheaper in any case....

and thats about the limit of my purchases in that field

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

The 'Man Tax' has arrived – and men on social media are livid  Empty Re: The 'Man Tax' has arrived – and men on social media are livid

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:08 pm

The move follows a study compiled by the New York City Department of Consumer Affairs, which revealed that women’s’ products cost on average seven percent more than the equivalent male products sold on the adjacent shelf.

Like what?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:09 pm

Don't you groom your beard? Suspect
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:12 pm

yeah...with a pair of scissors and a comb....

and a good scrubbing with shampoo.....

what else would I use....

what pussified mixture of smelly chemicals and yeuk would I add to that?
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:21 pm

Goats milk, some utterly butterly almond cream, a fine conditioning coconut hair mask and a mermaid's comb?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:23 pm

Conflating two different issues here eddie...

Tampon tax was an eu law/rule/directive... don't know if it is still in force here or been changed...

The women's beauty products in usa are not more expensive because of any extra tax levied on them... they are more expensive because of other reasons...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:25 pm

why?

and where am I supposed to find the time for such "female" activities....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:11 pm

eddie wrote:
Goats milk, some utterly butterly almond cream, a fine conditioning coconut hair mask and a mermaid's comb?

WHAT a load of garbage to put on one's hair...

Just goes to show the power of 'vanity advertising'...
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:16 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:49 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
eddie wrote:

WHAT a load of garbage to put on one's hair...

Just goes to show the power of 'vanity advertising'...

Yeah it took me ages to swim to the bottom of the sea and find my real mermaids comb. I lost a limb in the process.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down