NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UK 'did not vote for hard Brexit', George Osborne warns

5 posters

Go down

UK 'did not vote for hard Brexit', George Osborne warns Empty UK 'did not vote for hard Brexit', George Osborne warns

Post by eddie Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:51 pm

UK 'did not vote for hard Brexit', George Osborne warns

Britain did not vote for 'hard Brexit' in the EU referendum and will have to compromise in exit talks, former Chancellor George Osborne has warned.
He said Leave campaigners were naive for thinking the UK could secure everything it wanted in negotiations.
In a speech in Chicago, he also warned against "the dangerous purity of splendid isolation" over co-operation.
He campaigned for the Remain side and was criticised for warning of a £30bn "black hole" if the UK voted to leave.
Mr Osborne's speech to the Chicago Council on Global Affairs is one of few public interventions he has made, since being sacked as chancellor when Theresa May became prime minister.
What has actually happened since Brexit?
In it, he described the vote to leave Europe on 23 June as "one of the low points" of his time in government and warned Conservative colleagues now looking to negotiate Brexit that they faced "the most important set of decisions Britain has faced since the Second World War".
He is now a backbencher, but urged Prime Minister Theresa May to pursue "the closest possible economic and security relationship with our European partners while no longer being formal members of the EU".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37452356
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

UK 'did not vote for hard Brexit', George Osborne warns Empty Re: UK 'did not vote for hard Brexit', George Osborne warns

Post by Syl Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:07 pm

I voted for Brexit and I would again....but I don't think the government, never mind the voters have a clear idea of which direction we are going in now.

I'm sure it will work out ...but it would be good to actually know when and what steps are being taken to benefit us long term.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

UK 'did not vote for hard Brexit', George Osborne warns Empty Re: UK 'did not vote for hard Brexit', George Osborne warns

Post by The Devil, You Know Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:25 pm

eddie wrote:UK 'did not vote for hard Brexit', George Osborne warns

Britain did not vote for 'hard Brexit' in the EU referendum and will have to compromise in exit talks, former Chancellor George Osborne has warned.
He said Leave campaigners were naive for thinking the UK could secure everything it wanted in negotiations.
In a speech in Chicago, he also warned against "the dangerous purity of splendid isolation" over co-operation.
He campaigned for the Remain side and was criticised for warning of a £30bn "black hole" if the UK voted to leave.
Mr Osborne's speech to the Chicago Council on Global Affairs is one of few public interventions he has made, since being sacked as chancellor when Theresa May became prime minister.
What has actually happened since Brexit?
In it, he described the vote to leave Europe on 23 June as "one of the low points" of his time in government and warned Conservative colleagues now looking to negotiate Brexit that they faced "the most important set of decisions Britain has faced since the Second World War".
He is now a backbencher, but urged Prime Minister Theresa May to pursue "the closest possible economic and security relationship with our European partners while no longer being formal members of the EU".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37452356
uk voted for brexit. Brexit means regaining control of our borders and by extension that means restricting free movement, and by further extension if the EU wants it can stop us being members of the single market. So yes, we did vote for hard brexit. It's really all a moot point as the EU is a dead man walking and becoming more irrelevant by the day.

The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:26 pm

It's all a bit of a fog at the moment. Smoke and mirrors and lots of words being thrown around and all of them going nowhere but up in the air.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:31 pm

What's really grating on me now is the politicians (including the pm) who start off their conversations about the EU with "I didn't vote to leave but,,," But bloody nothing, the majority of people voted to leave, we live in a democratic country...we are leaving....so get on with it FGS.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:31 pm

And the waffle continues...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:36 pm

eddie wrote:It's all a bit of a fog at the moment. Smoke and mirrors and lots of words being thrown around and all of them going nowhere but up in the air.
article 50 will be triggered in the new year. It is pointless giving the EU an advanced look at what we are going to do so they can counter it.
the fundamental red line is regaining full sovereignty, and by extension control of our borders and having the british justice system and parliament as the supreme arbiter of law.

the EU would be rather silly to start a tariff war with the UK as they have far more to lose than we do.
we have a massive trade deficit with europe, they sell us far more than we sell them. BMW,Mercedes, VW are not going to be happy seeing their cars costing the major market of the UK costing more. the french wont suddenly stop selling us wine and cheese because we dont allow eu citizens free access.
those with required skills will be welcome to come here and some sort of visa/work permit arrangement will be thrashed out. what we dont need is people coming to milk our benefits system, I think we probably have enough Romanian pickpockets here already.

whilst some people may think brexit means johnny foreigner is not going to be allowed in, that is just plain nonsense, those with skill we need will always be welcome.
and with control of our laws we will be able to ensure that those that cant live here in a civilised manner will be able to be deported.
the EU is 27 countries, there are almost 200 other countries out there that we can do deals with.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:39 pm

Syl wrote:What's really grating on me now is the politicians (including the pm) who start off their conversations about the EU with "I didn't vote to leave but,,," But bloody nothing, the majority of people voted to leave, we live in a democratic country...we are leaving....so get on with it FGS.
there is a reason that it can take 2 years to disentangle ourselves. We need to get it right. What ever your feelings we will be out before the next GE in 2020, unless the labour party go for the suicide option and try to get a 2/3rds majority of mp's to vote for an early election, then there may be an election sooner.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:50 pm

Syl wrote:What's really grating on me now is the politicians (including the pm) who start off their conversations about the EU with "I didn't vote to leave but,,," But bloody nothing, the majority of people voted to leave, we live in a democratic country...we are leaving....so get on with it FGS.

I agree and I sick of Blair the liar saying, we can still stay in Europe. No the vote was to leave. You don't get 2 bites of the cherry. Its like when Conservative was voted in and then we all said, oops we didn't mean that lets have another vote! It's not going to happen, so they should get used to it.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:58 pm

magica wrote:

I agree and I sick of Blair the liar saying, we can still stay in Europe.  No the vote was to leave.  You don't get 2 bites of the cherry.  Its like  when Conservative was voted in and then we all said, oops we didn't mean that lets have another vote!    It's not going to happen, so they should get used to it.

Did you watch 'Question time' last night Mags?....the comment was made 2 or 3 times by the panel that IF there was to be another referendum....when will it sink in that we have already voted out?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:09 pm

Syl wrote:
magica wrote:

I agree and I sick of Blair the liar saying, we can still stay in Europe.  No the vote was to leave.  You don't get 2 bites of the cherry.  Its like  when Conservative was voted in and then we all said, oops we didn't mean that lets have another vote!    It's not going to happen, so they should get used to it.

Did you watch 'Question time' last night Mags?....the comment was made 2 or 3 times by the panel that IF there was to be another referendum....when will it sink in that we have already voted out?

Hiya Syl cheers no I never watched it. I'm sick of these bloody people, mostly rich, lovies and politicians wanting another vote, it can't happen so they have to live with it, the working class has spoken.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:12 pm

The twats who are waffling now about this bullshit hard/soft brexit rubbish... if the result was remain, do you think they would be popping up now saying there needs to be a decision about whether people wanted a hard/soft remain...!?

And there should be another referendum on whether we have a 'full fat' eu or an 'eu lite'...?

Of course they wouldn't!!!

Hypocrisy anyone...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:02 am

Exactly Tommy.

I think they never thought we'd vote leave, millions did. They insult us by saying we didn't know what we voted for. The bloody arrogance of them.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down