NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inside Angelina Jolie’s Decision: Divorce ‘Is Not Something You Do Impulsively’

+7
magica
Raggamuffin
Syl
The Devil, You Know
eddie
nicko
Original Quill
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Inside Angelina Jolie’s Decision: Divorce ‘Is Not Something You Do Impulsively’ - Page 2 Empty Inside Angelina Jolie’s Decision: Divorce ‘Is Not Something You Do Impulsively’

Post by Original Quill Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

People Magazine wrote: Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie: the reasons behind the split

(PEOPLE Staff) 13 hours ago

After 12 years and six kids together, Angelina Jolie files for divorce from Brad Pitt just after their two-year wedding anniversary. Subscribe now for the real story behind the split, only in PEOPLE.

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt may have had the ultimate Hollywood romance from the outside, but behind closed doors, their marriage was slowly coming apart.

After months of mounting tensions between the two, Jolie, 41, told Pitt she wanted a divorce, an end to their two-year marriage and 12-year relationship.

“Things built and built over time – it wasn’t any one thing,” a source close to the actress tells PEOPLE in this week’s cover story, on newsstands Friday. “She’s loved this man for several years, and [divorce] is not something you do impulsively.” Meanwhile, a Pitt source tells PEOPLE: “There was clearly a breaking point, where she’d just had enough,” says the Pitt source. “He may have been broken himself and said he couldn’t go on, and she reacted. This has been difficult for a while.” In the cover story, sources detail how Jolie told Pitt she wanted a divorce, why he “begged” her to wait and how their relationship began to crumble after their 2014 wedding. They faced increasing differences over parenting styles (with Brad taking a “stricter approach versus Angelina’s “more relaxed attitude,” according to another insider), the direction of their careers and more. For more details inside Jolie and Pitt’s decision to end their marriage, pick up this week’s issue of PEOPLE, on newsstands Friday

A Pitt source says Jolie told Pitt she was moving forward with the divorce just two days before she filed papers in an L.A. court on September 19 – and Pitt was “wrecked.”

“He was appealing to her to do this quietly – not to save the marriage but to consider the well-being of the children – and it was ignored,” says the Pitt source. But Jolie – who said in a statement the decision was “for the health of her family” – did “what she needed to do,” says a source close to her. For more on the divorce, watch People Cover Story: Brad & Angelina on the new People/Entertainment Weekly Network (PEN). Go to people.com/PEN or download the free app on your Smart TV, mobile and Web devices.

Still, both sides say Pitt and Jolie still love each other and expect them to find a way to “move forward in a dignified way,” as a Pitt source puts it. Says a Jolie source: “They have six kids together and are always going to be in each other’s lives.”

Not surprising. With money, pair-bonding is unnecessary.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Inside Angelina Jolie’s Decision: Divorce ‘Is Not Something You Do Impulsively’ - Page 2 Empty Re: Inside Angelina Jolie’s Decision: Divorce ‘Is Not Something You Do Impulsively’

Post by JulesV Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:39 pm

There must be more to this story. I don't buy her excuse that Pitt is an inadequate father. Never heard such a weird excuse, he's always been there for his family through thick and thin. SHE is the one who lets the kids run wild and trash homes, according to ex nannies. They don't even attend school.

Unforgivable that she has deprived 6 kids of a dad. Visitation rights are no substitute for a proper dad who lives at home. It won't surprise me if she goes back to her lesbian ways now that she has cut him loose. Or she might just flit from man to man in her typical ditsy style.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Inside Angelina Jolie’s Decision: Divorce ‘Is Not Something You Do Impulsively’ - Page 2 Empty Re: Inside Angelina Jolie’s Decision: Divorce ‘Is Not Something You Do Impulsively’

Post by eddie Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:43 pm

Actually the rumours are, that he's been flirting with another actress on his new film set.
My guess is, this is the sort of thing that would make a woman not want her husband, not the parent thing.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:56 pm

It's a decidedly odd reason for divorce. As he aquired her hubby through stealing him from his wife, she's reluctant to admit that what goes around comes around.

This news has eclipsed a similar story. Crocodile dundee  Paul Hogan callously dumped his wife and FIVE kids for a far younger woman.

23 years later she has dumped him. Hogan is of an age where he'd struggle to raise a smile nemmind owt else. Wifey wants a virile young studmuffin.

What goes around ......

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:05 pm

Jules wrote:It's a decidedly odd reason for divorce. As he aquired her hubby through stealing him from his wife, she's reluctant to admit that what goes around comes around.

This news has eclipsed a similar story. Crocodile dundee  Paul Hogan callously dumped his wife and FIVE kids for a far younger woman.

23 years later she has dumped him. Hogan is of an age where he'd struggle to raise a smile nemmind owt else. Wifey wants a virile young studmuffin.

What goes around ......

Jules, are you seriously suggesting that a husband can be stolen from his wife?

He was the one who decided to shag around on his wife....no one can make a man be unfaithful if he doesn't want to be.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:08 pm

eddie wrote:Actually the rumours are, that he's been flirting with another actress on his new film set.
My guess is, this is the sort of thing that would make a woman not want her husband, not the parent thing.

The French actress Marion Cottilard who Angelina suspected of having an affair with her husband (she apparently had a private detective spy on him) is now pregnant. She has issued a statement saying she needs no other man than the one she has.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:14 pm

eddie wrote:Actually the rumours are, that he's been flirting with another actress on his new film set.

Didn't bother her when she did the same to his then wife Jennifer Anniston.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:15 pm

Syl wrote:
Jules wrote:It's a decidedly odd reason for divorce. As he aquired her hubby through stealing him from his wife, she's reluctant to admit that what goes around comes around.

What goes around ......

Jules, are you seriously suggesting that a man can be "stolen" from his wife?
He decided to shag around whilst married....no one can make someone be unfaithful....they do that all by themselves.

Quotes unravelled.

Of course it takes two to tango.
Of course he's just as guilty as her, if not more so, as HE was the one committing adultery - miss jolie was a free agent.

"Stolen" is used purely in the sense that she acquired what was not hers. The word was not used in the sense that it was against his will.

The only reason I did not explain all that was because I thought it was DEAD OBVIOUS. There aren't enough hours in the day to sit around explaining obvious things.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:22 pm

What is obvious is a lot of women (mostly) blamed Jolie for his marriage breakup to American sweatheart Jennifer Anniston. (just as you did in a previous post....stolen indeed Razz )

Reminiscent (for us oldies) of the way Liz Taylor was blamed for the fact that Eddie Fisher couldn't keep it in his pants either and broke Debbie Reynolds heart.

Odd how truly beautiful women are so powerful they can tempt even the most faithful of husbands away from their sweet wives at home....and the men get no blame whatsoever. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:41 pm

Syl wrote:What is obvious is a lot of women (mostly) blamed Jolie for his marriage breakup to American sweatheart Jennifer Anniston. (just as you did in a previous post....stolen indeed Razz )

Reminiscent (for us oldies) of the way Liz Taylor was blamed for the fact that Eddie Fisher couldn't keep it in his pants either and broke Debbie Reynolds heart.

Odd how truly beautiful women are so powerful they can tempt even the most faithful of husbands away from their sweet wives at home....and the men get no blame whatsoever. Rolling Eyes

I don't blame her solely. He's just as complicit. Many an idiot has been led by the dick. But then again, one has to ask just how 'solid' his relationship was with Aniston? Clearly, it wasn't that strong. So, logically, sooner or later, it would have broken down.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:43 pm

Syl wrote:What is obvious is a lot of women (mostly) blamed Jolie for his marriage breakup to American sweatheart Jennifer Anniston. (just as you did in a previous post....stolen indeed Razz )

Yeah "scarlet woman, fallen woman, loose woman." It's often the woman who is blamed in the media.
Shame this happened. The Aniston saga was over and done with and Aniston had moved on and remarried. They should have all lived 'happily ever after'.

Wasn't Debbie Reynolds the one who lost 3 husbands to other women? Cheated on 3 times! What a Face I think I stumbled on her story while doing a showbiz thread but I might be mistaken.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:49 pm

I'm not sure how many husbands Debbie Reynolds had....I know she is Princess Leia's mum though. Razz

It's not only well known couples who split where the scarlet temptress gets all the blame, it happens in real life to ordinary people too.

I have known of several philandering husbands where their wives blame the woman ( one even attacked her) whilst overlooking the fact that they were married to weak willed, pathetic womanisers....it annoys me a bit. Mad
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:49 pm

Maybe she's back on the heroin...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:51 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

I don't blame her solely.  He's just as complicit.   Many an idiot has been led by the dick.   But then again, one has to ask just how 'solid' his relationship was with Aniston?   Clearly, it wasn't that strong. So, logically, sooner or later, it would have broken down.

I always blame the cheater....she wasn't attached so she wasn't cheating...he was married.

Your avi is so you HT....all demure and ladylike. Cool
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:52 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Maybe she's back on the heroin...

Beautiful though she is imo....she does look like an addict, hopefully she isn't.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:56 pm

I have had quite a few occasions where women's husbands have come on to me, right under their wive's noses. I always wonder what sort of women would find a scuzzbucket like that, attractive enough to say yes to?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:57 pm

Dunno... she used to be though... allegedly...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:58 pm

eddie wrote:I have had quite a few occasions where women's husbands have come on to me, right under their wive's noses.  I always wonder what sort of women would find a scuzzbucket like that, attractive enough to say yes to?

Lowlives Eddie. They hope they may get lucky, and bank on the fact if they don't you wont say anything.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:14 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:I have had quite a few occasions where women's husbands have come on to me, right under their wive's noses.  I always wonder what sort of women would find a scuzzbucket like that, attractive enough to say yes to?

Lowlives Eddie. They hope they may get lucky, and bank on the fact if they don't you wont say anything.

I used to say something, but then I stopped because I realised the wives either already knew, or didn't want to know.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2