NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More than 40 per cent of Japan's adult singles are virgins, says study

+5
Raggamuffin
Ben Reilly
Tommy Monk
nicko
eddie
9 posters

Go down

More than 40 per cent of Japan's adult singles are virgins, says study Empty More than 40 per cent of Japan's adult singles are virgins, says study

Post by eddie Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:37 am

More than 40 per cent of Japan's adult singles are virgins, says study

More than forty per cent of young singletons in Japan are virgins, according to a new study that highlights concerns about the country's demographic challenges. Japan already suffers from the world's oldest population and a shrinking birthrate, with the government struggling to incentivise marriage and parenthood.

Now a survey of unmarried people aged 18 to 34 found that around 42 per cent of men and 44.2 per cent of single women had never had sex.

The study is carried out by Japan's National Institute of Population and Social Security every five years.

The country's government has worked hard to booth the birthrate in recent years, providing incentives such as support for child care and tax breaks.

The new data however indicates, that, if anything Japanese men and women are growing apart.

The lack of sexual activity can seem at odds with a society saturated with sexual images, from television and manga comics to city billboards.

But recent years have seen a shift in traditional family structures, and a protracted economic slowdown as a global powerhouse, which has reportedly resulted in many men struggling to hold down secure, full-time jobs

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/17/more-than-40-per-cent-of-japans-adult-singles-are-virgins-says-s/

Wonder what's going on there, then? Seems a very high number to me
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

More than 40 per cent of Japan's adult singles are virgins, says study Empty Re: More than 40 per cent of Japan's adult singles are virgins, says study

Post by nicko Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:55 am

Get over there Eddie and put it right!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

More than 40 per cent of Japan's adult singles are virgins, says study Empty Re: More than 40 per cent of Japan's adult singles are virgins, says study

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:21 pm

Think the age of consent is only 14 out there too...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:55 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Wow. Pretty creepy that you would know that, to say the least...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:14 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

You're too sensitive ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:16 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

It's 13 apparently.

(Waits for Ben to call me "pervy"). Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:20 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

You are showing your own creepyness by saying that... it shows how your mind works...

My post was completely in context of thread... talking about high rate of Virgins and low birth rates etc... is compounded when you consider they also have a low age of consent...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:21 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

It's 13 apparently.

(Waits for Ben to call me "pervy"). Laughing

To the lefties it is 'perverse' to know and state FACTS!!!

lol!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:27 pm

We used to have a poster at NewsHabit who talked about age of consent laws and he was definitely pervy, started a thread to try to convince me it was totally normal for a grown man to be into teenagers.

I did some searching on the Japanese laws and found this: https://www.quora.com/Why-is-the-age-of-consent-so-low-in-Japan

But obviously age of consent has nothing to do with the topic at hand, and it does creep me out that Tommy would have that info.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:30 pm

My post was completely in context of thread... talking about high rate of Virgins and low birth rates etc... is compounded when you consider they also have a low age of consent...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:32 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

The story is about adults, you're the one who brought kids into it.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:41 pm

When you are talking about rates of sex/virgins/birth rates etc... the age of consent is relevant...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:01 pm

The age range was defined in the OP, you're the one who brought underage people into the discussion.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:13 pm

Given that such a large number below that age range can have sex then it is relevant to the overall number of Virgins IN the age range specified...

For example... in America the age limit for drinking alcohol is 21... if you were to post up a statistic saying 30% of people between the ages of 18- 29 had never drunk alcohol... then that Is one thing...

But if the age limit was 16... and the percentage 18-29 was 30% never drunk alcohol... then that would be a more statistically high number...

Same applies here... if age of consent was 18 then figures given are surprising enough... but when you factor in the age of consent being much lower then the figures given sound more remarkable because so many more have had legal right and opportunity to of been having sex...!

If you can't understand this and still think I'm being 'pervy' then that says more about how your mind works in that way and more about how your mind doesn't work on understanding figures and statistics...

lol!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:55 pm

Nicko....How would you presume I could "put it right"?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:57 pm

eddie wrote:Nicko....How would you presume I could "put it right"?

How indeed! More than 40 per cent of Japan's adult singles are virgins, says study Zip_it10

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:04 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:For example... in America the age limit for drinking alcohol is 21... if you were to post up a statistic saying 30% of people between the ages of 18- 29 had never drunk alcohol... then that Is one thing...

But if the age limit was 16... and the percentage 18-29 was 30% never drunk alcohol... then that would be a more statistically high number...

Do you actually believe that?

When you say the percentage of people between two ages have never had alcohol, it has absolutely no bearing on people of other ages.

And people of other ages have nothing to do with the group you've surveyed. The number of percent of 18-29 who'd never drank would be identical, even if the minimum legal drinking age was 2!

Why do I have such a hard time remembering not to take you seriously? scratch
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:07 pm

Back to the OP, I've heard things about Japan suggesting that expectations to be successful and wealthy are so high that it causes a lot of younger people to essentially withdraw from society. There are also a lot of younger people who still live with their parents and rarely socialize.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:09 pm

I find that disturbing.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:12 pm

It's sad, isn't it? Also, really high housing prices play into it as well, from what I've read.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:17 pm

I wonder if refraining from sex and heavy relationships make them turn out better, than the likes of the western world? I can see many plus sides in some ways.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:23 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:For example... in America the age limit for drinking alcohol is 21... if you were to post up a statistic saying 30% of people between the ages of 18- 29 had never drunk alcohol... then that Is one thing...

Do you actually believe that?

When you say the percentage of people between two ages have never had alcohol, it has absolutely no bearing on people of other ages.

And people of other ages have nothing to do with the group you've surveyed. The number of percent of 18-29 who'd never drank would be identical, even if the minimum legal drinking age was 2!

Why do I have such a hard time remembering not to take you seriously? scratch

No it wouldn't you idiot!!!

If the drinking age was lower then it is much more likely that people between the ages of 18-29 would have had alcohol at least once before they got to 18!!!

And conversely if the legal age was say 29 for example... then you would expect to see a much higher rate of never drunk alcohol!!!

Now... take Japan where age of consent is low... (14 I thought... but Raggs has said 13)... you would have thought it is much more likely for people to have had sex by the time they are 18 than if the age of consent was 18!!!

Do you not understand this simple point!!!???

Last edited by Tommy Monk on Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:27 pm

eddie wrote:I wonder if refraining from sex and heavy relationships make them turn out better, than the likes of the western world?  I can see many plus sides in some ways.

"Turn out better", what do you mean by that Eddie?  Sex is a natural part of life More than 40 per cent of Japan's adult singles are virgins, says study Confus11

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:28 pm

No, no, no. The legal drinking age has absolutely no effect on the percentage of people over that age who have ever consumed alcohol.

All it would do is provide more occasions upon which those people had the opportunity to legally consume alcohol.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:30 pm

And being legally able to do something makes it more likely that it would happen.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:34 pm

FTL sorry can't quote atm. What I mean is, say relationships take you away from what you're supposed to be and where you're supposed to go in life?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:35 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:And being legally able to do something makes it more likely that it would happen.

Is there real evidence of that? In things like sex, drugs, drinking, etc., people tend to do them when they want and not worry overmuch about the law.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:43 pm

I'm talking about the principle...

Take driving for another example...

The legal age for driving is lower in usa than uk... so you would expect a higher percentage to have driven a car by the time they reached 18.

That is the basis of the point I was making earlier.

Totally relevant.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:48 pm

eddie wrote:FTL sorry can't quote atm. What I mean is, say relationships take you away from what you're supposed to be and where you're supposed to go in life?

No worries, surely relationships are part of what you're supposed to be and where you're supposed to go in life?  A relationship should complement each individual not detract from who you really are.  Does that make sense??? More than 40 per cent of Japan's adult singles are virgins, says study Questi12

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:59 pm

Of course it makes sense. Just ignore me. My head is just not screwed on right today.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:23 pm

eddie wrote:Of course it makes sense. Just ignore me. My head is just not screwed on right today.

Mine either, I've spent it washing and ironing More than 40 per cent of Japan's adult singles are virgins, says study Sigh11 Party time here on Planet Feelthelove More than 40 per cent of Japan's adult singles are virgins, says study Party_10 xx

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:25 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:
And being legally able to do something makes it more likely that it would happen.

Is there real evidence of that? In things like sex, drugs, drinking, etc., people tend to do them when they want and not worry overmuch about the law.

Laughing

Tommy Monk is a dumbfuck...

The stupid little turd simply shouldn't comment on subjects that are so far beyond his understanding..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:37 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Back to the OP, I've heard things about Japan suggesting that expectations to be successful and wealthy are so high that it causes a lot of younger people to essentially withdraw from society. There are also a lot of younger people who still live with their parents and rarely socialize.

Idea

Too true...

Since the 1950s, business, career and education --  putting the health and welfare of one's country, company/business/employer first and foremost, and well ahead of self, family and friends -- has been promoted as more important, probably to help Japan recover from WWII first up, and then later to help keep the economy among the top 5  ???

As a result, young Japanese have a high education standard, but are late starters in dating, romance, sex, marriage, and eventual breeding. Which has also led to a decreasing population (exacerbated by a relative shortage of menfolk in the first couple of generations post-WWII..), decreasing fertility rates, an aging population, and a poor "work/life balance"..  And a higher suicide rate than in many Western countries...       Arrow
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:05 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Laughing

The stupid little turd simply shouldn't comment on subjects that are so far beyond his understanding..

I'm giving you 3 days in the basement for that wolfie....

totally unnecessary, totally against the rules and completely unacceptable......

LF
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:31 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Laughing

I'm giving you 3 days in the basement for that wolfie....

totally unnecessary, totally against the rules and completely unacceptable......

LF

And I'm basementing Blackie for the FAR MORE offensive racial slur for East Asians ... did you see that?!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:33 pm

Major wrote:Hey Blackie, wherever you are,  fancy a trip to Japan?????  lol

Any particular reason? Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down