NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Single mum of five says her £18K benefit is not enough to buy her kids’ school uniform – but she still finds cash for fags and takeaways

+13
veya_victaous
Raggamuffin
Ben Reilly
nicko
Victorismyhero
Major
JulesV
'Wolfie
blackie333
HoratioTarr
scrat
magica
eddie
17 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Single mum of five says her £18K benefit is not enough to buy her kids’ school uniform – but she still finds cash for fags and takeaways - Page 2 Empty Single mum of five says her £18K benefit is not enough to buy her kids’ school uniform – but she still finds cash for fags and takeaways

Post by eddie Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

Single mum of five says her £18K benefit is not enough to buy her kids’ school uniform – but she still finds cash for fags and takeaways

A SINGLE mum says her £18,200-a-year benefits handout isn’t enough to cover her living costs and buy her children school uniforms.

Emma Lawlor, 26, from Wolverhampton, became pregnant when she was just 17 and now has five kids – aged one to eight – by two different dads. She has never had a job.

“I never thought I’d have this many kids to be honest with you. I love them though, wouldn’t change them for the world,” she told Channel 5’s On Benefits: Breadline Brummies.

Emma has recently split up with the dad of her four youngest children meaning she has to run the family’s three bedroom housing association property on her own.

She said: “As you can imagine it’s a lot of washing with five kids.

“My tumble dryer is on all the time. I do go through a lot of electric and washing powder.”

Emma currently receives child benefits and child tax credit but has now put in a claim to get income support. She would receive an extra £280 a month if successful.

“Some people might look at me and think, ‘She’s a single mum, she’s scrounging!’, but I’m not,” she said.

“The money that I get is for my children. It goes on clothes, it goes on food, nappies, baby wipes, none of it goes on me.”

Benefits mum hits back at claims she's a 'scrounger'
Emma says she is “doing the best by my kids” and plans to do “something good with my life” such as get a career or go to college when they are older.

Revealing why she split from her partner, she told the programme: “We’ve decided it’s not working out and I’m putting the kids first. I do get on with him still though. He still comes and sees the kids.”

As well as her benefit money, Emma also receives cash from her ex but she says making ends meet is a struggle.

“I’m just making that money last me, trying to prioritise the stuff that I need,” she said.

Emma has to pay £5 a month towards her rent, £20 on electricity bills, £7 on water and £15 on gas. She also spends £120 a week on food.

Related Stories

Despite having less cash, there are certain luxuries she can’t live without. She is seen buying a packet of 20 cigarettes on the show and spending £18 on a chip shop supper.

“When the income support comes in it will help me. I need to get them some school uniform and bits of clothes. They are growing out of it now,” she said

Although Emma has spent the last decade on benefits, she wants a different life for her children.

“I want the best for my kids. I hope they do well. Better than I have with my life,” she said.

At the end of the programme, Emma is granted her claim for income support which means she pockets an extra £280 a month.

“I’m glad it’s been sorted out because it’s really helped me get my kids more stuff,” she said.

On Benefits: Breadline Brummies airs on Channel 5 at 8pm.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/1785556/single-mum-of-five-says-her-18k-benefit-is-not-enough-to-buy-her-kids-school-uniform-but-she-still-finds-cash-for-fags-and-takeaways/
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Single mum of five says her £18K benefit is not enough to buy her kids’ school uniform – but she still finds cash for fags and takeaways - Page 2 Empty Re: Single mum of five says her £18K benefit is not enough to buy her kids’ school uniform – but she still finds cash for fags and takeaways

Post by veya_victaous Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:44 am

Ben Reilly wrote:I have to say for the 19 millionth time that this "lefties ideal" bullshit you spew about has utterly no resemblance to the left as I have experienced it. I've never heard one single liberal leader in the Western world talk about the virtues about being a big fat lazy slob, having giant families or taking kids to school in their sleepwear.

I have no idea where you have gotten any of this nonsense. It's like I asked you what two plus two is and you answered "orange."

Angrily.

Single mum of five says her £18K benefit is not enough to buy her kids’ school uniform – but she still finds cash for fags and takeaways - Page 2 Lfcon10
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Single mum of five says her £18K benefit is not enough to buy her kids’ school uniform – but she still finds cash for fags and takeaways - Page 2 Empty Re: Single mum of five says her £18K benefit is not enough to buy her kids’ school uniform – but she still finds cash for fags and takeaways

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:11 am

Ben Reilly wrote:I have to say for the 19 millionth time that this "lefties ideal" bullshit you spew about has utterly no resemblance to the left as I have experienced it. I've never heard one single liberal leader in the Western world talk about the virtues about being a big fat lazy slob, having giant families or taking kids to school in their sleepwear.

I have no idea where you have gotten any of this nonsense. It's like I asked you what two plus two is and you answered "orange."

Angrily.

and as I keep pointing out in return...YMMV....

what YOU consider "left" and the reality we have HERE are like polar bears and penguins......poles apart...

and its nothing to do with the specifics and all to do (at least in europe) with the values espoused by the left leadership

the fat lazy slob in PJ's is encouraged by OUR leftists as a reasonable "alternative life style" to one of honest toil.
they promote these people as "equal" to, indeed more deserving, than the man who gets up every morning and goes for a days work.

these people (the feckless ) are NOT "equal" ...in any sense
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:04 pm

the average wage may well be £26000 in the uk, but that is because so many are on far in excess of £50000. many people in the uk would be overjoyed to have £18000 tax free to live on.
It is not the states responsibility to bring up your kids. If you want to have a tribe, fine and dandy, get out and get a job that will cover their upkeep.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:14 pm

Another thought occured to me ...

the human rights act enshrines the right to "found a family"

now it also enshrines free speech, but does limit that somewhat with the concept of using such a right "responsibly" in as much as you may not use that right to infringe others more fundamental rights

SURELY the same applies to that right to found a family....you should and must, use it responsibly, otherwise you are infringing others more fundamental rights , albeit less directly.

AND whist you have the RIGHT to found a family, there is NOTHING in ANY "rights act" that says you can, should or may expect the rest of the population to support you in excercising that right...
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:36 pm

What amazes me is you get these far right extremist fucktards bleating on about the so called wrongs that society should find itself supporting families and yet we spend £billions supporting the Queen and her hangers on, don't get me wrong I support the Queen but not the entourage of wasters that cling on for monetary support, and what about the lords and MPs who claim expenses for family members who do their bidding.

And then we have creatures like Branson and Dyson off shore £billionaires who have not only gained from the education system, infrastructure, NHS, transport links etc that this great nation has provided for which we the tax payer fork out, this unpatriotic filth live abroad to avoid taxation.

£billions in contracts go to these parasites, they're skimming the tax system dry, what about Apple, Google, Starbucks, Amazon and the likes, paying less tax than a welk stall, or the Sir Peter Greens peerage purchased for funding the tory party then swanning in on their £100 million yacht to asset strip pension funds that us tax payers are now liable for.

If there is one defining stupidity of the right it is this, brainwashed into believing that someone on benefits should not be able to afford fresh meat, but let's all the rest of them off scot free because somewhere down the line they bunged enough of daddies wealth to the right people.
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:43 pm

This is what it actually says...

In the UK, human rights are protected by the Human Rights Act 1998. The Act gives effect to the human rights set out in the European Convention on Human Rights.

Article 8 - the right to respect for your family and private life, your home and your correspondence is one the rights protected by the Human Rights Act.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:57 pm

scrat wrote:3.7 million children living in poverty
1.7 million children living in extreme poverty
Over 9000 exservice personnel living homeless on our streets.
Millions now on zero hour contracts
Nurses forced to live on foodbanks.

It's a disgusting state of affairs, but no in the fraggled mind of the far right nutjob they will find the few that abuse the system by smoking when they should be washing their clothes in the river to save electricity.

Fucking pathetic.
I agree that the figures you quote above are a disgrace for a supposedly wealthy country like the UK, no child should be hungry and no one should be forced to live on the streets, but.....there would be a lot more poverty in the country if more people bred without the means of looking after their children like the woman in the OP.

If her circumstances changed drastically after she had had her 5 children that's unfortunate, but the fathers should still be paying for the children they have created not the state.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:06 pm

the L/W f*wits WANT families like that.....they WANT state dependance, that way you have your voter base by the gonads....

lets face it what do these feckless fools do...they are parasites on the system....and breed 5,6,7,8 MORE little parasites, cos its a damn fine bet those kids will never do a stroke having been brought up to beleive that society owes them a living simply for existing.
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:29 pm

Benefits are supposed to help people in the short term who face hard times, the elderly, disabled and those who are unable to work due to ill health.

Not a lifestyle choice or a bottomless pit of cash for those who should be able to work and provide for their families. Of course, people's circumstances change due to no fault of their own and that is what the system is there for.

It's those who continue to make selfish choices by continuing to have children they can't support that I object to.

And yes yes I've heard all the arguments about the amount of tax lost as a result of the banks, big businesses, large scale tax avoiders etc but it STILL doesn't make it right.

The world doesn't owe us a living, you get out of life what you put in and contribute after all Single mum of five says her £18K benefit is not enough to buy her kids’ school uniform – but she still finds cash for fags and takeaways - Page 2 Yes12

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:50 pm

I agree...they are parasites and they make their life choices on what they can get for nothing....they bleed the system dry and sod people who are going without who REALLY need the help through no fault of their own.

Case in point MIL is in hospital waiting for a nursing home place to become available. She paid into the system for 50 plus years, and now she needs help (she is 102 years old in 2 weeks) we have learned that the average wait for a bed and care in a nursing home to suit her needs is 8 MONTHS in this area.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Syl Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:01 pm

I think it's used as a get out to say that.....we get screwed from both ends....rich and benefit scroungers (cant really say poor because they work the system so well they are not at all poor)  one doesn't cancel the other out, they should all be discussed and dealt with.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:15 pm

From the op...

Revealing why she split from her partner, she told the programme: “We’ve decided it’s not working out and I’m putting the kids first. I do get on with him still though. He still comes and sees the kids.”

As well as her benefit money, Emma also receives cash from her ex but she says making ends meet is a struggle.

The benefits system encourages the break up of parents...

She probably found out that she would be just as well off, or even better off, financially on benefits as a single mother, than staying with the father as a couple... regardless of whether he is working or not...

This way she gets total power/control over everything... the house, the children, all the money, all the decisions, everything!

He is now relegated to being a complete outsider to the family unit, with little to no real influence over any of his childrens lives... and now at the complete beck and call of the mothers dictatorship... the hoops will be set at various levels of difficulty for him to jump through for the barest minimal access to his children... and any failure to jump high enough will be quickly met with accusations of how he doesn't care about his children etc, and the subsequent implementation of the iron curtain of restrictions of access...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:23 pm

She has had children to 2 different men so they should both be contributing.

If she made the decision to split because she would be financially better off than working together as a family that would just prove how selfish and irresponsible she is, but there is no mention of that.

Your last paragraph is just fiction....that may happen in some cases, in others separated parents actually DO put the kids welfare before their own...it's called being a good and loving parent.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:30 pm

Syl wrote:She has had children to 2 different men so they should both be contributing.

If she made the decision to split because she would  be financially better off than working together as a family that would just  prove how selfish and irresponsible she is, but there is no mention of that.

Your last paragraph is just fiction....that may happen in some cases, in others separated parents actually DO put the kids welfare before their own...it's called being a good and loving parent.

It's not fiction if it is also a reality...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:33 pm

Tax evasion and avoidance are calculated in the region of £125BILLION.

We spend £15Billipn on income support, esa, and jsa combined.

A further £15Billion on housing benefit £9.3Billion of that goes to private landlords.

47% of all social expenditure is pensions.

So we are targeting the most vulnerable in our society for around £20billion and we're allowing the most wealthy to swan off with £125Billion and yet in the fraggled mind of the far right fascist the rich are deserving of this non payment.

Which is why neonazis, far right extremist and government stooges post this shite, all to deflect from the reality.

Nobody should get a free ride, everyone must play a constructive part in building a fairer society but let's pursue our priorities where they're likely to gain the most
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:34 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Syl wrote:She has had children to 2 different men so they should both be contributing.

If she made the decision to split because she would  be financially better off than working together as a family that would just  prove how selfish and irresponsible she is, but there is no mention of that.

It's fiction in this case....every split up is different.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:40 pm

Scrat... everyone here has said that corporations should pay proper taxes on profits.

My proposal is simple... every company operating in any country should have a national company head office based in that country... and any profits made within this national branch in the country should be liable for standard rate of tax for profits made in that country.

No slipping or sliding... no running it through other bases in other countries for purpose of avoiding paying the tax due etc...

But this Thread is about other people milking the system...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:43 pm

Syl wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

What I said is a reality for many... so not fiction...

How do you know this is not the reality in this case...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:47 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Syl wrote:

What I said is a reality for many... so not fiction...

How do you know this is not the reality in this case...?

You wrote the last paragraph as if you knew this to be the case...obviously you don't know.

No doubt if it was she or he would be selling their sob stories to the Mail.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:51 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Scrat... everyone here has said that corporations should pay proper taxes on profits.

My proposal is simple... every company operating in any country should have a national company head office based in that country... and any profits made within this national branch in the country should be liable for standard rate of tax for profits made in that country.

No slipping or sliding... no running it through other bases in other countries for purpose of avoiding paying the tax due etc...

So you don't think that siphoning off £200 million to your wife's off shore account whilst defaulting on a £650 million pension deficit is not milking the system, it's perfectly acceptable, it's what business is all about and should be encouraged and allowed to continue, or offering £50 million when the actual bill is £1.2 billion.

All perfectly acceptable in tommyworld, but the few benefit claimants that take the piss, no, no, no!
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:57 pm

Syl... you said...

"...Your last paragraph is just fiction....that may happen in some cases, in others separated parents actually DO put the kids welfare before their own...it's called being a good and loving parent..."

You cannot say something is 'fiction' and then say 'it does happen'...!!!

What I said is the reality for vast numbers of fathers here in uk!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:04 pm

scrat wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:Scrat... everyone here has said that corporations should pay proper taxes on profits.

So you don't think that siphoning off £200 million to your wife's off shore account whilst defaulting on a £650 million pension deficit is not milking the system, it's perfectly acceptable, it's what business is all about and should be encouraged and allowed to continue, or offering £50 million when the actual bill is £1.2 billion.

All perfectly acceptable in tommyworld, but the few benefit claimants that take the piss, no, no, no!

If you actually read my post you would clearly see that I didn't say any of that example you gave was acceptable at all!!!

Maybe you could tell us the exact details of the event you are talking about...?

And when this was supposed to have happened...?

And which govt was in charge that allowed such corruption to go on...!!!???

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:16 pm

Can I play devils advocate for a moment?

She may be a soft touch, fell in love each time and thought it was forever, had children as she doenst like the thought of abortion, each time been left or it didn't work for whatever reason, and perhaps she can't get a job due to juggling child care and finding a job that enables her to be there in the school holidays?

Just a different viewpoint.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:33 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
scrat wrote:

If you actually read my post you would clearly see that I didn't say any of that example you gave was acceptable at all!!!

Maybe you could tell us the exact details of the event you are talking about...?

Have you heard of BHS, a drop in the ocean.

But hey, just keep running the poor, the sick and the disabled, they can't fight back.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/bhs-inquiry-mps-report-accuses-sir-philip-green-and-dominic-chappell-of-systematic-plunder-2016-7
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:41 pm

blackie333 wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

It couldn't have been the Tories as they treat everyone equally dont they?????????????
Yeah everyone who votes Tory or owns a mansion or two!
Cheating, lying gits!
The right wing hive mind not bothered about the British taxpayer paying for this,,,,Single mum of five says her £18K benefit is not enough to buy her kids’ school uniform – but she still finds cash for fags and takeaways - Page 2 Sir-Philip-Greens-new-super-yacht-Lionheart-in-port-in-Valletta-Malta

But fuck paying for those who stood on the ruddy line for queen and country,,,,

Single mum of five says her £18K benefit is not enough to buy her kids’ school uniform – but she still finds cash for fags and takeaways - Page 2 News491
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:43 pm

Surely the point is that the tax payers are not paying for homeless people, otherwise they wouldn't be homeless. They are, however, paying for those who could work but choose not to.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:55 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Surely the point is that the tax payers are not paying for homeless people, otherwise they wouldn't be homeless. They are, however, paying for those who could work but choose not to.
Here we have a prime example of the right wing hive mind, a fascist without any sense of compassion, a vile creature that wallows in its own comfort without thought for those who actually provide that security and comfort, no comment on the disgusting activity of the super rich, no comment on the fact that the tax payer are paying to fund their lavish lifestyles, no comment on the £125Billion lost in revenue.

Society pays for the effect of homelessness, in the repercussions of such actions, the trauma, the suicides, the lost lives, and the tragedy of it all reflects on each and everyone of us, I think you might be #gelijihadi, a poster who supports far right terrorism and was caught laughing at the death of burning Palestinian children, please do not soil my posts with your presence, you disgust me.
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:11 pm

Veya isnt the only one with a ban hammer
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:21 pm

oh and NO he wasnt banned for his "leftyness" or his political POV or anything else like that

he was banned....BECAUSE HE CANT KEEP A CIVIL TONGUE IN HIS HEAD
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:30 pm

scrat wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Surely the point is that the tax payers are not paying for homeless people, otherwise they wouldn't be homeless. They are, however, paying for those who could work but choose not to.
Here we have a prime example of the right wing hive mind, a fascist without any sense of compassion, a vile creature that wallows in its own comfort without thought for those who actually provide that security and comfort, no comment on the disgusting activity of the super rich, no comment on the fact that the tax payer are paying to fund their lavish lifestyles, no comment on the £125Billion lost in revenue.

Society pays for the effect of homelessness, in the repercussions of such actions, the trauma, the suicides, the lost lives, and the tragedy of it all reflects on each and everyone of us, I think you might be #gelijihadi, a poster who supports far right terrorism and was caught laughing at the death of burning Palestinian children, please do not soil my posts with your presence, you disgust me.

Absolutely bloody right Scrat:

Single mum of five says her £18K benefit is not enough to buy her kids’ school uniform – but she still finds cash for fags and takeaways - Page 2 Cs0z5h7WEAAXTDq

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:35 pm

Lord Foul wrote:Another thought occured to me ...

the human rights act enshrines the right to "found a family"  

now it also enshrines free speech, but does limit that somewhat with the concept of using such a right "responsibly" in as much as you may not use that right to infringe others more fundamental rights

SURELY the same applies to that right to found a family....you should and must, use it responsibly, otherwise you are infringing others more fundamental rights , albeit less directly.

AND whist you have the RIGHT to found a family, there is NOTHING in ANY "rights act" that says you can, should or may expect the rest of the population to support you in excercising that right...
the "yuman" rights act has far too many rights without a single responsibility
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:37 pm

Syl wrote:
scrat wrote:3.7 million children living in poverty
1.7 million children living in extreme poverty
Over 9000 exservice personnel living homeless on our streets.
Millions now on zero hour contracts
Nurses forced to live on foodbanks.

It's a disgusting state of affairs, but no in the fraggled mind of the far right nutjob they will find the few that abuse the system by smoking when they should be washing their clothes in the river to save electricity.

Fucking pathetic.
I agree that the figures you quote above are a disgrace for a supposedly wealthy country like the UK, no child should be hungry and no one should be forced to live on the streets, but.....there would be a lot more poverty in the country if more people bred without the means of looking after their children like the woman in the OP.

If her circumstances changed drastically after she had had her 5 children that's unfortunate, but the fathers should still be paying for the children they have created not the state.
by coincidence those 9000 homeless ex servicemen are about the same number as the refugees we have said we will take in and find houses for.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:38 pm

eddie wrote:Can I play devils advocate for a moment?

She may be a soft touch, fell in love each time and thought it was forever, had children as she doenst like the thought of abortion, each time been left or it didn't work for whatever reason, and perhaps she can't get a job due to juggling child care and finding a job that enables her to be there in the school holidays?

Eddie... she was with the bloke for long enough to have 4 of her 5 children with...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:40 pm

blackie333 wrote:
scrat wrote:Tax evasion and avoidance are calculated in the region of £125BILLION.

We spend £15Billipn on income support, esa, and jsa combined.

A further £15Billion on housing benefit £9.3Billion of that goes to private landlords.

47% of all social expenditure is pensions.

So we are targeting the most vulnerable in our society for around £20billion and we're allowing the most wealthy to swan off with £125Billion and yet in the fraggled mind of the far right fascist the rich are deserving of this non payment.

Which is why neonazis, far right extremist and government stooges post this shite, all to deflect from the reality.

Nobody should get a free ride, everyone must play a constructive part in building a fairer society but let's pursue our priorities where they're likely to gain the most

Alan Sugar once said on Dragons Den or some other show that the only thing he loves about art is the picture on £50 notes
so how can you change people like that?
You cant! Money rules their lives.
The guy who started Carphone Warehouse admitted that at one time his only interest in life was making as much money as he could as fast as he could and wanted to be the richest guy in the country but then realised how daft it was so started giving it away to charities.
They aren't all bad!
it's lucky for the thousands employed by sugar that he was driven to make money isnt it.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:41 pm

scrat wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

But hey, just keep running the poor, the sick and the disabled, they can't fight back.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/bhs-inquiry-mps-report-accuses-sir-philip-green-and-dominic-chappell-of-systematic-plunder-2016-7

So you are talking about what happened under the labour govt who you were at the time, and still are now, a staunch supporter of...!!!???

And you have the cheek to blame others for this...!!!???

Cretin!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:42 pm

blackie333 wrote:
scrat wrote:

Just drops in the ocean to the wealthiest but they still dont want to pay their taxes.
It's sheer greed really and if the wealthiest can get away with paying below the minimum wage they will and still do!
can you back that up with actual evidence.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:43 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
eddie wrote:Can I play devils advocate for a moment?

Eddie... she was with the bloke for long enough to have 4 of her 5 children with...

Okay so even better. She loved him, it didn't work - he's paying for his kids I read, so....what if she can't afford to pay child care fees? And if she can, out of the small amount she will earn, say she thinks it's not worth her time to break even when she can get the same money, not working? Isn't it better for her to be home with her children?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:50 pm

Are you saying he left her...?

But they are still friends...

Doubt it...

More like she fucked him off cos she had the option of loads of money and all the power and control... he is now her puppet on a string...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:55 pm

eddie wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Okay so even better. She loved him, it didn't work - he's paying for his kids I read, so....what if she can't afford to pay child care fees? And if she can, out of the small amount she will earn, say she thinks it's not worth her time to break even when she can get the same money, not working? Isn't it better for her to be home with her children?

With 5 children there is no way she could afford not to stay at home.  Just to take home £18k a year she would need to earn £22k plus before even considering childcare etc.  26 and 5 kids alone, must be very difficult to cope with.

It is not people who unintentionally find themselves in hardship most object to.  If she went on to have another 5 with no way of supporting them I think people would reasonably object to the cost to the tax payer.  Not only that, it's the life the children are being brought into of hardship and potentially lack of opportunities. They don't have the choice, I do think that parents should think carefully about what they are able to offer a child.  It's what a responsible adult would do?    

Yes accidents happen but how many before lesson learnt? Single mum of five says her £18K benefit is not enough to buy her kids’ school uniform – but she still finds cash for fags and takeaways - Page 2 I_don_14

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:02 pm

I'm just trying to see it from another point of view. I have a school mum friend who has one daughter and a pretty good job. After her mortgage is paid every month (she could move to a cheaper house, it's not cheap round here) and she has paid childcare etc, she hasn't an awful lot left. Her ex pays her some but she still struggles.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:03 pm

blackie333 wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

It couldn't have been the Tories as they treat everyone equally dont they?????????????
Yeah everyone who votes Tory or owns a mansion or two!
Cheating, lying gits!

Actually blackie... it was allowed by labour... and they also recommend his knighthood...

Look it up!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:23 pm

scrat wrote:What amazes me is you get these far right extremist fucktards bleating on about the so called wrongs that society should find itself supporting families and yet we spend £billions supporting the Queen and her hangers on, don't get me wrong I support the Queen but not the entourage of wasters that cling on for monetary support, and what about the lords and MPs who claim expenses for family members who do their bidding.

And then we have creatures like Branson and Dyson off shore £billionaires who have not only gained from the education system, infrastructure, NHS, transport links etc that this great nation has provided for which we the tax payer fork out, this unpatriotic filth live abroad to avoid taxation.

£billions in contracts go to these parasites, they're skimming the tax system dry, what about Apple, Google, Starbucks, Amazon and the likes, paying less tax than a welk stall, or the Sir Peter Greens peerage purchased for funding the tory party then swanning in on their £100 million yacht to asset strip pension funds that us tax payers are now liable for.

If there is one defining stupidity of the right it is this, brainwashed into believing that someone on benefits should not be able to afford fresh meat, but let's all the rest of them off scot free because somewhere down the line they bunged enough of daddies wealth to the right people.
do you mean sir philip green?
he was knighted in 2006, he doesn't have a peerage. I see those facts of yours are just as accurate as ever.
in many ways green is a 21st century capt bob, but at least he didn't become a tory MP, unlike the massive crook Maxwell.

If green has broken laws then he obviously needs to be charged. I am not sure sharp practice equates to actually breaking laws though.
it would appear that much of his dodgy dealings with BHS took place under a different government.

by the way have you been banned again? ( I suppose you cant really answer that question can you)
will this mean you will go into another massive sulk?

The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:45 pm

I was talking to scrat. He never answered.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:56 pm

eddie wrote:I'm just trying to see it from another point of view. I have a school mum friend who has one daughter and a pretty good job. After her mortgage is paid every month (she could move to a cheaper house, it's not cheap round here) and she has paid childcare etc, she hasn't an awful lot left. Her ex pays her some but she still struggles.

So she's working, buying a house, paying childcare so she can carry on working and buying the house... and gets money from ex...

Well done her...!

But... what's your point...?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next