NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

British Muslim's hijab 'set on fire' on New York's Fifth Avenue

+6
Major
Syl
Ben Reilly
Tommy Monk
Original Quill
eddie
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

British Muslim's hijab 'set on fire' on New York's Fifth Avenue Empty British Muslim's hijab 'set on fire' on New York's Fifth Avenue

Post by eddie Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:54 pm

British Muslim's hijab 'set on fire' on New York's Fifth Avenue

Police in New York are searching for a man who set a British Muslim's hijab on fire outside a boutique store on bustling Fifth Avenue.

The 35-year-old woman, reportedly a dentist from Glasgow, was window shopping when she suddenly felt her shirt sleeve on fire.

CCTV footage has been released in an attempt to find the man involved, who was brandishing a lighter before he fled the scene.

The NYPD is treating the incident as a potential hate crime, and has released CCTV which shows the suspect.

A spokeswoman for the Council on American-Islamic Relations said: "It's another (piece of) evidence that Muslims are increasingly vulnerable in this political climate."

Last month, an imam and his assistant were shot dead near their mosque in the New York borough of Queens, but an investigation has not determined whether it was an Islamophobic attack.

Nonetheless, New York mayor Bill de Blasio has since deployed additional police officers to secure mosques and reassure the city's Muslim population.

http://news.sky.com/story/british-Muslims-hijab-set-on-fire-on-new-yorks-fifth-avenue-10577455

I hate people that are stupid enough to pick on an innocent person just because they hate terrorists and have it make it known that they don't like what that person is wearing. Idiot.
Thank goodness she wasn't hurt.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

British Muslim's hijab 'set on fire' on New York's Fifth Avenue Empty Re: British Muslim's hijab 'set on fire' on New York's Fifth Avenue

Post by Original Quill Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:28 pm

It's not terrorists when they choose a person by race.  That's bigotry.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

British Muslim's hijab 'set on fire' on New York's Fifth Avenue Empty Re: British Muslim's hijab 'set on fire' on New York's Fifth Avenue

Post by eddie Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:40 pm

Original Quill wrote:It's not terrorists when they choose a person by race.  That's bigotry.

Yes, I meant that it's all fear created from terrorism.

What a thing to do though...set someone on fire! I hope he's caught.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:11 pm

This story sounds bogus...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:17 pm

Okay so if you make a statement you should back it with a reason. It helps the flow and would've prevented one less post from me, namely this one.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:30 pm

Because I looked at the article and didn't believe it...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:36 pm

I hate slow conversations Tommy, I get restless and then I'll leave.
WHY don't you believe it? I'm not challenging you, I'm asking you.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:47 pm

Was completely lacking in details to convince me otherwise...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:50 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Was completely lacking in details to convince me otherwise...

Perhaps you'll believe The Sun https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1778273/british-woman-set-on-fire-in-new-york-while-wearing-hijab-just-before-memorial-ceremony/

Now unless you can come back with a reason why you felt details were lacking and in what respect, we don't appear to be going anywhere. scratch
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:52 pm

Sun link...

Pic 1...

Look at his feet... left foot looks clearly like addidas black with 3 white stripes... but WTF is the right foot doing...!?

Looks like he's got severe club foot on the right one... looks like ankle is twisted badly...

Pic 2...

Now left foot shoe is no longer addidas with 3 white stripes... but appears to now be more like a puma stripe trainer... with right foot now looking very much like the addidas type seen before on left foot...

Pic 3...

Right foot definitely looks like the addidas here...

But this time... LOOK AT HIS LEFT HAND!!!

IF YOU ARE WALKING ALONG AND YOU SWING YOUR ARM BEHIND YOU AS IN THIS IMAGE... IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR THE BACK OF HAND TO BE SHOWING AS WELL AS THE THUMB TO BE AT THE TOP OF THE HAND!!!

TRY IT YOURSELF AND SEE IF YOU CAN DO IT!!!???

Laughing

Pic 4... left foot still looks like puma... while right foot now has 3 white stripes on instep side...

Do you really need more...!!!???
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:20 pm

Shut it down, Tommy. I'll not have you derailing more threads with your inability to interpret photographic evidence.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:28 pm

British Muslim's hijab 'set on fire' on New York's Fifth Avenue Nintchdbpict000266380224

If you can put your left hand behind you with back of hand facing backwards and thumb at the top... as shown in this "genuine" picture... then you have every reason to tell me I'm talking shit and I will apologise immediately and withdraw every post I've made doubting the authenticity of this story in the op!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:31 pm

How can you tell that's a thumb? The picture is pixelated. It's taken from a CCTV and is of a moving image.

You do understand that this story isn't made up so why would a picture be invented?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:40 pm

On the video he is swinging his arms in a very odd manner....he walks like a nutter in fact, someone to be avoided if he was heading your way.

What an incredibly nasty thing to do.....there were a few instances of idiots setting light to peoples hair a few years ago, they were not racially motivated attacks, but anyone who does stuff like this for whatever reason needs locking up.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:54 pm

eddie wrote:How can you tell that's a thumb? The picture is pixelated. It's taken from a CCTV and is of a moving image.

You do understand that this story isn't made up so why would a picture be invented?

Eddie... the back of his hand is clearly facing backwards...

And you can clearly see the thumb at the top of the hand!!!

Even if the arm was back like that and the hand was back facing with thumb at the bottom... the elbow of arm would be sticking right out to the side away from body more and arm bent at totally different angle and bend of elbow...!!!

You've got a left arm and hand yourself haven't you...!!!???

Try it yourself and see!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:57 pm

So the story is made up?

You see, you claim things are made up but never say why you think they must be.
At least when I consider altenative theories aka conspiracy theories -  I'll say why I think it's bollocks.  I get laughed at but I explain my thinking as well as I can.

And one other thing; you dismissed the story first, then found fault with the still from the CCTV.

And actually. Ben is right. You seem to be cluttering up a thread again with photo-fault-finding.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:08 am

Yeah, you're going in the basement if you keep this shit up, Tommy.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:37 am

eddie wrote:So the story is made up?

You see, you claim things are made up but never say why you think they must be.
At least when I consider altenative theories aka conspiracy theories -  I'll say why I think it's bollocks.  I get laughed at but I explain my thinking as well as I can.

And one other thing; you dismissed the story first, then found fault with the still from the CCTV.

And actually. Ben is right.  You seem to be cluttering up a thread again with photo-fault-finding.

Tommy has a problem with staying in tune with the relevance of an idea. Tommy, can you tell us what the original issue or point of this thread was?

Now try to connect it to the anomalies you just specified in your last post. Think logically...what are you trying to say? Don't think about the beginning or the end, but think about the connection between the two that you were trying to make.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:08 pm

I've said what I think...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:29 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:I've said what I think...

I appreciate that, tommy. But your thought process needs to be disciplined as well.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:41 pm

Yeah I agree with Quill. I say and think, some outrageous stuff but I can back why I think it.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:42 pm

What are you talking about...?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:44 pm

Okay now I'm bored
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:59 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
What are you talking about...?

Razz Razz Ya kin lead a horse to water, but you can't make 'em....

Rolling Eyes

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:05 pm

Explain yourself...?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:41 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Explain yourself...?

It is difficult, if you are not trained in the art of thinking. (I mean that not as an insult, but as the opering remarks to the subject).

Your mind is a mass confusion of intersecting thoughts and ideas. You need a traffic cop to regulate things. You also need rules. Altogether, the cop and the rules are called 'discipline of the mind'.

First, regulate your thoughts; some are prohibited. Second, prioritize your thoughts; some are more imperative that others. Third, develop a metaphorical way of thinking; ever notice how the world repeats itself in patterns? Learn to use that; be creative with it...its creativity that leads you to accept, and even invent new ideas.

Fourth, share your ideas, but be tolerant of the thoughts of others. Be fair...treat the ideas of others as equal competition to your ideas. Fifth, develop a system of judging ideas....learn how framing affects the content, and vice-versa, and then use the standards consistently. Sixth, develop introspection; talk to yourself and learn about yourself, be honest and criticize yourself, and improve yourself according to yourself...and employ that learning.

That's what I mean.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:44 pm

And learn what it means when someone asks you "Why".
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:57 pm

Bore off Quill... that was just a load of patronising waffle that.didnt explain what you were going on about earlier...

Eddie... what are you going on about now...!?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:03 pm

You hear a story you don't want to believe and so you think it's a hoax ... and then when someone asks you why you think it's a hoax, you can't just admit to not wanting to believe it ... so you come up with a bunch of circular logic and conspiracy theories.

Anti-Muslim violence has been on a consistent uptick for 15 years, and if this story is bogus, that would make the woman, the shop and the New York Police Department complicit in a conspiracy.

I imagine you think that conspiracy would be designed to raise sympathy for Muslims, and was dreamt up by liberals.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:32 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Bore off Quill... that was just a load of patronising waffle that.didnt explain what you were going on about earlier...

Didn't you ask?

Tommy Monk wrote:Explain yourself...?

Part of asking a question is listening to the answer.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:57 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:You hear a story you don't want to believe and so you think it's a hoax ... and then when someone asks you why you think it's a hoax, you can't just admit to not wanting to believe it ... so you come up with a bunch of circular logic and conspiracy theories.

Anti-Muslim violence has been on a consistent uptick for 15 years, and if this story is bogus, that would make the woman, the shop and the New York Police Department complicit in a conspiracy.

I imagine you think that conspiracy would be designed to raise sympathy for Muslims, and was dreamt up by liberals.

What he said ^^^
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:38 pm

Story sounded a bit iffy to me... looked at details and not only weren't there any of any real substance.. but also the pictures looked dodgy...

There could be a million serious attacks on whites by blacks or Muslims and never broadcast as racist or hate crime... but any little thing that happens to a Muslim or brown skinned person by a white is automatically broadcast as a hate crime...

The double standards are sickening...

And Quill... you started waffling first and I merely asked you to say WHAT YOU meant... you have not done this yet... just waffled some more...

Explain what you were originally getting at... or don't... but stop with the waffle...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:51 pm

Tommy the lady's clothing was set on fire. Why do you even doubt it? I like an alternative truth as much as the next open-minded guy, but....? I dunno where you're going with this one tbh.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:55 pm

A claim on a busy shopping high street in broad daylight... but no witnesses... no cctv of the actual attack although that has got to be one of the highest cctv areas in new York... just a couple of dodgy pics of what could be anyone and hands and feet all twisted up... and it looks like evening/night time in the pics...

I'm not convinced... in fact... from what I've seen I'm more convinced it's bogus!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:07 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:And Quill... you started waffling first and I merely asked you to say WHAT YOU meant... you have not done this yet... just waffled some more...

Explain what you were originally getting at... or don't... but stop with the waffle...

That excuse is phony, tommy. You have a habit of dithering and dissembling whenever you are caught.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:12 pm

I don't need any excuse for anything... I'm still waiting for you to explain what you were originally getting at...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:16 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:I don't need any excuse for anything... I'm still waiting for you to explain what you were originally getting at...?

Another excuse. Bla, bla, bla...

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:23 pm

It's all just diversionary waffle Quill...

Yawn!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:32 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:It's all just diversionary waffle Quill...

Yawn!

I can't waste time on you today, tommy. Go find someone else to play with for a day. Razz

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:40 pm

Jesus Tommy! I always thought you were pretty intelligent even though I don't agree with you a lot, but are you smoking something sinister?

Quill, Ben and I have explained to you why we get frustrated and it's because you make a statement like "This picture is fake" and we ask you "WHY WOULD YOU ASSUME IT'S FAKE TOMMY, FOR WHAT REASON, WOULD THIS STORY AND PICTURE. BE FAKE?"

And you won't say WHY. You'll repeat the same reasons that you believe it's fake yet you don't say why you feel that the media have invented this story.

I truly hope that's clear to you now because I don't known what other words to use.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:04 pm

One thing at a time eddie...

First we need to agree on the fakery...

Then we can start to speculate on the reasons behind it...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:03 pm

Okay.

So let's say I agree that the photo is fake, for the sake of moving this debate along to....somewhere.

Why have they faked them?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:38 am

eddie wrote:Okay.

So let's say I agree that the photo is fake, for the sake of moving this debate along to....somewhere.

If you agree that the photo is faked... then you also agree that serious questions need to be asked and answered... as to who is responsible for doing it and why...?

And also... how are they able to do it...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:10 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
eddie wrote:Okay.

If you agree that the photo is faked... then you also agree that serious questions need to be asked and answered... as to who is responsible for doing it and why...?

And also... how are they able to do it...?

Why are you always in denial, attacks on Muslims are increasing, racial hatred is whipped up by the political groups you support, islamaphobia is a product you and the MSM are fostering because it helps to manufacture wars.

Wake up Thomas wake up!
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:05 pm

Attacks by Muslims are increasing scrat... islam is a cult of hostility.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:42 pm

I believe it and as much as I hate the clothes and veil the Muslim ladies wear setting fire to them is heinous. I cant imagine the horror of being set alight (shudders) No
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:53 pm

So she said something happened and although no witnesses or cctv evidence of incident on this busy and hugely cctv covered shopping street... and even where the pics of alkeged attacker look faked... it must be true...!?

I suppose this Muslim police officers kidnap is true too...?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3571721/Muslim-police-officer-sparked-major-terror-alert-making-hoax-999-call-force-fake-kidnap-plot-faces-prison.html

Laughing
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:55 pm

Nah Im not that gullible Tommy Razz
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:14 pm

Anything is possible and yes people do fake stories but I doubt if this is the sort of stunt a wealthy Glasgow dentist would pull. No one is going to start an internet cash COLLECTION for a damaged blouse.

One version I read was that some drunken fool had been running around pranking several women with a cigarette lighter. In that case it wasn't a hate attack, just some coward trying to frighten random women for a laugh.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next