NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New headmaster sends dozens of kids home on his first day at school.

+10
nicko
veya_victaous
Victorismyhero
magica
HoratioTarr
Ben Reilly
The Devil, You Know
Tommy Monk
eddie
Syl
14 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

New headmaster sends dozens of kids home on his first day at school. - Page 4 Empty New headmaster sends dozens of kids home on his first day at school.

Post by Syl Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3775968/Police-called-school-sends-FIFTY-children-home-day-term-weren-t-wearing-right-uniform.html

Today for the second day running he has refused to allow another 20 children in to be taught because of minor dress discrepancies.

Is he right....or is sending a child home on his first day of starting at secondary school because they are wearing white socks instead of black, or suede shoes instead of leather, proving that he is, as some parents have complained, acting like the gestapo?

"Police were forced to intervene today as parents protested outside a school after 60 children were sent home because of a 'Gestapo-like' approach to uniform.

One girl was left with bleeding feet after being forced to remove her socks while another was turned away at the gates of Hartsdown Academy for wearing trainers to prevent hip pain after a car accident.

Teachers even sent home Ellie King, 14, whose picture is used to advertise the school on the side of buses, for wearing black trainers, which she has been doing for three years.

Of the 60 pupils who were sent home, only half returned back to the school later in the day."

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

New headmaster sends dozens of kids home on his first day at school. - Page 4 Empty Re: New headmaster sends dozens of kids home on his first day at school.

Post by Syl Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:04 pm

I do share that view, one of the reasons I never shop in Primark.
They had one of their sweat shops half a mile away from their huge Market street store, and they were also one of the buyers from the unsafe factory in Bangladesh that collapsed and killed 1129 workers a couple of years ago....some of the photos that were released after that tragedy were some of the saddest I have ever seen.

It's easy now to check online and see who sells the most ethically sourced uniforms.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

New headmaster sends dozens of kids home on his first day at school. - Page 4 Empty Re: New headmaster sends dozens of kids home on his first day at school.

Post by Syl Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:06 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

See... you're not so sylly after all...!!!

Laughing

Have a green from me too!

Lol...well thank you. New headmaster sends dozens of kids home on his first day at school. - Page 4 1716015268
Though I'm not sure I deserve a alien just because I gave you one. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:33 pm

Get them out the machine and finish washing them by hand... or buy some more for a couple of quid!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:48 pm

Tommy.....do you not concede that some people don't even have enough money to replace even the cheapest items immediately.

Do you really think so many people would be using food banks if they had spare cash?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:39 pm

I like uniforms in school. Atleast they all wear the same, some parents are richer than others and can afford the latest styles or designer wear, making the others feel inferior.

This way they all have the same to wear, its cheaper for parents and looks good. Schools must have some rules.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:35 pm

magica wrote:I like uniforms in school.  Atleast they all wear the same, some parents are richer than others and can afford the latest styles or designer wear, making the others feel inferior.

This way they all have the same to wear, its cheaper for parents and looks good. Schools must have some rules.

Yes I agree Mags, it was the way he acted not the fact that some had wrong colour shoes or short skirts that caused all the uproar though.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:44 pm

First day at a new School and this unfeeling idiot causes heartache for many.
Why didn't he let them come into School and, at the end of the day send a letter warning parents about the rules and given them a week to get it right.They may have had a letter about the rules before but some are genuinely "broke" and just can't find money at the drop of an hat.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:50 pm

nicko wrote:First day at a new School and this unfeeling idiot causes heartache for many.
Why didn't he let them come into School and, at the end of the day send a letter warning parents about the rules and given them a week to get it right.They may have had a letter about the rules before but some are genuinely "broke" and just can't find money at the drop of an hat.

Have a alien for getting to the heart of the matter.

I can vividly remember when my own son started secondary school. That first day he was excited and nervous and looking really grown up in his new uniform. If he had not been allowed in the school because I as a parent had bought the wrong colour socks or something equally trivial, and had been left outside with no way to contact me....I would have been absolutely fuming.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:55 pm

Major wrote:There are parents who for whichever reason cannot find the money for a exact/ complete school uniform at a specific time.
Some poorer children wear same clothes for school and out of school hours.
Some minguz/muntuz spend benefit  money intended to help children on other thingz, hardly the fault of a child.
The headmaster should be taught a LESSON himself,
6 of the best, aerosol..

Yeah...the bounder. New headmaster sends dozens of kids home on his first day at school. - Page 4 2347854014
Amazing he has had any support imo.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:58 pm

There was already the system in place where parents who were genuinely struggling to get all the required uniform because of financial issues, could have contacted the school ahead of the start day and made arrangements for allowances/exceptions to be made.

Some on low incomes can also already get special funding for uniform provisions.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:24 pm

blackie333 wrote:
Jules wrote:
That's a strange post. On what do you base that assertion? Were your kids bullied in school? scratch
Dunno why you quoted me either, as your reply has nothing to do with my post.
I guess you quoted the wrong post. New headmaster sends dozens of kids home on his first day at school. - Page 4 2190311264

Where do some of these idiots think the cheapest school uniforms come from?
It must be third world countries where slave labour is common practice and often produced by kids deprived of any schooling.
People just dont care where they come from if the price is cheap enough.
Uncaring gits! Think about it you dimwits, you cant buy stuff that's ultra cheap unless someone in the world is being exploited.
I wear copies as well but at least I feel guilty and I dont have kids.
Admit it, you dont care if a kid on the other side of the world works 15 hours a day for a pittance as long

as you can buy your kid a uniform for next to nothing do you? Sad

You have no idea if I would pay a huge sum  OR a pittance for a uniform because I haven't given any indication either way.
Once again you have quoted me to make points that do not relate to my post in any way. scratch
Your post to me has come out of nowhere and does not address the points I made.

It's not compulsory to randomly quote people when you speak. - Believe it or not you are allowed to
make a 'stand alone' post that contains no quotes from other members - try it!!  lol!

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:51 pm

l I do think they shouldn't be allowed them on in school time, nor have them at all, unless travelling to school or home alone tbh.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:37 pm

blackie333 wrote:
Syl wrote:

Bullying should be clamped down on in schools as soon as it starts.... a bully will bully over anything, they pick their targets no matter what they may be wearing.
What uniforms do do is put all kids on the same level, which encourages a sense of all pulling together...ie unity....ie uniforms. Laughing

I used to take the pee out of a really fat guy Syl for no reason really as did everyone else but I wish I could turn the clock back as
i'd never even think of doing it now Embarassed Crying or Very sad

Kids can be cruel BD, I bet we all did or said something when we were kids that we regret.....no point worrying about it now though.

I hope he grew up to be a real stud though....Karma. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:24 pm

Some parents are dafter than the kids they are responsible for!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:41 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Some parents are dafter than the kids they are responsible for!

Do you have kids?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4