NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Police Officer Tells Heartbreaking Story While Claiming Government Is Hiding The Cure For Cancer

5 posters

Go down

Police Officer Tells Heartbreaking Story While Claiming Government Is Hiding The Cure For Cancer Empty Police Officer Tells Heartbreaking Story While Claiming Government Is Hiding The Cure For Cancer

Post by eddie Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:48 pm

Police Officer Tells Heartbreaking Story While Claiming Government Is Hiding The Cure For Cancer

His name is Sergeant Ric Schiff and his experience with cancer and the treatments available are rather compelling. The father of two twin daughters, Schiff’s explains to a court room why he feels our Government is hiding the cure for cancer and using radiation and chemotherapy as a money making option to sustain life for a short time, rather than cure the disease and save lives.

One of Schiff’s daughters developed a brain tumor at the young age of four. The story he tells about his daughter’s journey with cancer is both heartbreaking and eye opening. You can watch Schiff tell his story below, along with a transcription:

Transcription:

My name is Sergeant Ric Schiff. I am an eleven-year veteran of the San Francisco police department. I hold the department’s highest metal of honor for bravery—that used to mean a lot more to me than it does now. What I’d like to talk to you about today is—my now 7 year old daughter. This is an identical twin, her sister is now dead. Her sister, when she was 4 years old, Crystin—developed a highly malignant brain tumor that had spread throughout her spine and her brain. The doctors told us that we had really two options—take her home and let her die, or bring her in for massive dosages of chemo and radiation simultaneously. In either event she was going to die, they were quite certain of that—and very quickly.

Believing her only chance to be the standard route, we gave her the chemo and radiation. It burnt her skull so bad she had second degree burns and her hair never came back. To change her diapers we had to wear rubber gloves because her urine was so toxic and it burned her.

At the end of 6 months, miraculously she survived the standard treatment, although there was a high expectation that she wouldn’t. She still had cancer. We were told “sorry, we’ve done everything we can, now she’s going to die, probably within a couple of months.” My wife and I choosing not to except that, started reading—the first book I picked up, the third chapter, discussed Dr. Burzynski.

As you may guess, I have some expertise in fraud, in fact I’m quite certain there are enough attorneys in the room that I could be ordered as an expert in fraud—and, I conducted my own investigation. I have no doubt the man is not a fraud. I have no doubt that he does what he does out of earnest belief that his medicine works. Now, you are in a position to judge for yourselves whether is works or not—but it’s well established by the FDA, that it’s non-toxic.

Eighteen months later, we took my daughter off the Antineoplaston—she had not died. She had no signs of tumor, she remained free for eighteen months of cancer. Within a month, her cancer was wide-spread in her brain. We put her back on Burzynski’s—by the way at the objections of our doctors who for some reason felt that it had failed her. We put her back on—within nine weeks the tumor was completely gone. She died last July, of neurological necrosis—her brain fell apart from the radiation. The autopsy showed that she was completely cancer-free. Out of fifty-two cases of that disease ever, no one died cancer-free, just Cryssie.

So she didn’t die of a terminal illness—she died of my inability to care for her properly and she died from bad advice. She died because there is a government institution, that disseminates false information, and is not looking out for the welfare of the people. You know, ladies and gentlemen I swore an oath eleven years ago and I think most of us in this room swore it at one time or another to uphold the constitution?

It says “life” right in the beginning.

http://awesomejelly.com/cure-for-cancer/

Interesting. I'd like to look more into this.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Police Officer Tells Heartbreaking Story While Claiming Government Is Hiding The Cure For Cancer Empty Re: Police Officer Tells Heartbreaking Story While Claiming Government Is Hiding The Cure For Cancer

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:00 pm

Who is Dr. Burzynski?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Police Officer Tells Heartbreaking Story While Claiming Government Is Hiding The Cure For Cancer Empty Re: Police Officer Tells Heartbreaking Story While Claiming Government Is Hiding The Cure For Cancer

Post by eddie Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:01 pm

Just googling
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:03 pm

OK, found it. For those confused also here it is.

http://www.burzynskiclinic.com/
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:03 pm

http://www.burzynskiclinic.com

Welcome to the Burzynski Clinic

Innovative and cutting-edge Personalized Cancer Therapy

Medical expertise based on over 35 years of clinical experience and research

Our Approach to Cancer:

"Our goal is to provide sophisticated cancer care utilizing a personalized and targeted therapy approach.

Our personalized cancer therapy utilizes an understanding of each patient’s genetic make-up to unravel the biology of their cancer and identifies effective treatment strategies using targeted therapies that are aimed at specific genes or proteins that are found only in cancer cells or their environment."

It's in Houston, Texas
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:04 pm

Great minds
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:04 pm

Chemo is poison. It's ghastly stuff.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:05 pm

eddie wrote:http://www.burzynskiclinic.com

Welcome to the Burzynski Clinic

Innovative and cutting-edge Personalized Cancer Therapy

Medical expertise based on over 35 years of clinical experience and research

Our Approach to Cancer:

"Our goal is to provide sophisticated cancer care utilizing a personalized and targeted therapy approach.

Our personalized cancer therapy utilizes an understanding of each patient’s genetic make-up to unravel the biology of their cancer and identifies effective treatment strategies using targeted therapies that are aimed at specific genes or proteins that are found only in cancer cells or their environment."

It's in Houston, Texas

'The biology of their cancer.' That's the key.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:08 pm

I think you're right, and I've always maintained that there is a key to healing if you look at the biology of the person.

I am watching my best friend go through chemo and she is as sick as a dog.
Sassy and 4ever were an enormous help with advice in the beginning re the chemo.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:09 pm

He's a shill for Burzynski, a quack who should be in prison.

When Sandra Cohen was diagnosed with breast cancer, she did whatever she could to avoid chemotherapy. She took homeopathic remedies and herbs, and she changed her diet. She even tried laser therapy. Nothing worked. When she reached stage IV—the cancer metastasized to her lungs, clavicle bone and lymph nodes—her doctors were shocked. “The doctors here just kind of shook their heads and said, ‘How did you let this go so far?’” she recalls.But she didn’t give up.

Instead, she went to Stanislaw Burzynski.As a young doctor in the 1970s, Burzynski began treating patients with antineoplastons, a collection of peptides, amino acids and amino acid derivatives he originally isolated from blood and urine. Since then, by his reckoning, he’s used the drugs to treat over 2,300 cancer patients—though he isn’t trained as an oncologist. He’s been the subject of laudatory documentaries and promoted by the likes of Dr. Mehmet Oz, the famous surgeon and TV personality, and Suzanne Somers, the actress-turned-naturopathic-medicine-advocate. “No one has worked harder, and no one has been more persecuted for his maverick approach,” Somers wrote in her book Knockout: Interviews With Doctors Who Are Curing Cancer.

But there's no verifiable evidence antineoplastons work. Nor are they the gentle treatment Burzynski claims them to be. He has run Food and Drug Administration–approved clinical trials on the drugs since the 1990s, during which time at least six study participants died from hypernatremia, or high levels of sodium in the blood—likely due to the sodium-rich antineoplastons. Among the victims was a 6-year-old boy.

Over the years, Burzynski has been the subject of numerous investigations and legal proceedings, brought by grand juries, the FDA and the Texas Medical Board. As it’s become more difficult to continue registering his patients in antineoplaston trials, Burzynski has treated patients in other ways, still outside the medical mainstream. He uses chemotherapy drugs in combinations that have not been scientifically tested—and whose toxicities, according to the medical board, pose an unwarranted threat to patients.

Now the Texas Medical Board has brought yet another case against Burzynski, seeking to revoke his license. As the hearing got underway in Austin in November, some of the doctor’s former patients and admirers gathered to support him and to protest with placards. “I am a naturalist, and I believe that the body can be healed without the use of burning, cutting and poisoning it,” said one woman, whose sister died of lung cancer. “I am for whoever is trying to do their part in saving people from having to go through pain.”

Experimenting on People

“When I was first diagnosed, I thought this was it. I started making plans for my funeral,” Wayne Merritt says. It was 2009, he had pancreatic cancer metastasized to the liver, and his doctor gave him six months to live. Less than a year before, his wife, Lisa, had been diagnosed with breast cancer, and he saw how difficult it was for her to go through chemotherapy. Wayne was determined that he wouldn’t spend the last six months of his life feeling sick.But then Lisa heard about Burzynski. The Merritts went down to his clinic, where they learned Wayne didn’t qualify for antineoplastons but might respond to some other drugs. The couple made it very clear, Lisa said, that Wayne didn’t want chemo. They saw Burzynski for 10 minutes, then were turned over to his staff. Lisa says Wayne had a daily appointment with a woman wearing a name tag that said “Dr.,” and whom the other staff called “doctor”—but who, the Texas Medical Board says, isn’t licensed to practice medicine in Texas.

Back home in Armuchee, Georgia, they got a shock. On their next visit with their local oncologist, she looked at the clinic’s prescriptions and dropped three bombshells: One, Wayne was indeed on chemotherapy, among other drugs; two, the medications would cost about $30,000 a month—not the $3,000 to $6,000 a month they had been told; three, his medication regimen was dangerous. “It was devastating,” Lisa says. “We felt like we got dropped on our face.”

In a 48-page complaint, the Texas Medical Board says Burzynski and his staff knowingly misled patients, attracting them to the clinic with the promise of being included in trials for antineoplastons, when they knew most of the patients wouldn’t qualify. The doctor or his staff told patients they would get the antineoplastons, before charging large retainers and ordering other treatments. The Burzynski clinic admits that about 5,700 of its 8,000 patients have received treatment other than antineoplastons.

The board alleges that Burzynski charged “exorbitant” amounts, billed for unnecessary tests, and failed to adequately disclose his stake in the pharmacy and laboratory that provided many patients’ drugs and tests. Perhaps even more worrying, the board says Burzynski and his staff made numerous medical and record-keeping errors, including misinterpreting scans and using the wrong tests to evaluate patients’ progress. Then there are the untested drug combinations. On its website, the Burzynski Clinic says it offers “personalized cancer therapy,” using genetic analysis to customize treatment for each patient. But in expert testimony for the medical board, Dr. Cynthia Wetmore, director of the program in Developmental Therapeutics in the Aflac Cancer and Blood Disorders Center in Atlanta, said, “There’s not a possible way to tell what drug is helping and what drug is not helping. The drugs are given in nonstandard combinations that never have been tested. They’re given in nonstandard doses that are not known to be effective or safe. And combining them is experimenting on humans, which cannot be done outside a clinical study. That’s unethical.”

The board concluded that because of Burzynski’s actions and those of his subordinates, “each of the patients in this case either suffered considerable toxicity effects or were put at significant risk of considerable toxicity effects.”

http://www.newsweek.com/2016/03/04/stanislaw-burzynski-cancer-medical-malfeasance-429057.html
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:12 pm

eddie wrote:I think you're right, and I've always maintained that there is a key to healing if you look at the biology of the person.

I am watching my best friend go through chemo and she is as sick as a dog.
Sassy and 4ever were an enormous help with advice in the beginning re the chemo.

I'm a holistic therapist. I use Reiki nearly every day. It's used at The Christie, England's leading cancer hospital, where I worked for a while in their holistic unit. The place was packed out every day. No, it doesn't cure cancer, but it does help...immensely with relieving pain and easing anxiety. I had a patient with stomach cancer, he was in palliative care, and he suffered the most awful indigestion. He would have reflexology every day to ease this, and as the stomach reflex was worked so up came all his wind and he would tell me, 'This is the ONLY thing that relieves my indigestion and trapped wind.'
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:18 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:He's a shill for Burzynski, a quack who should be in prison.

When Sandra Cohen was diagnosed with breast cancer, she did whatever she could to avoid chemotherapy. She took homeopathic remedies and herbs, and she changed her diet. She even tried laser therapy. Nothing worked. When she reached stage IV—the cancer metastasized to her lungs, clavicle bone and lymph nodes—her doctors were shocked. “The doctors here just kind of shook their heads and said, ‘How did you let this go so far?’” she recalls.But she didn’t give up.

Instead, she went to Stanislaw Burzynski.As a young doctor in the 1970s, Burzynski began treating patients with antineoplastons, a collection of peptides, amino acids and amino acid derivatives he originally isolated from blood and urine. Since then, by his reckoning, he’s used the drugs to treat over 2,300 cancer patients—though he isn’t trained as an oncologist. He’s been the subject of laudatory documentaries and promoted by the likes of Dr. Mehmet Oz, the famous surgeon and TV personality, and Suzanne Somers, the actress-turned-naturopathic-medicine-advocate. “No one has worked harder, and no one has been more persecuted for his maverick approach,” Somers wrote in her book Knockout: Interviews With Doctors Who Are Curing Cancer.

But there's no verifiable evidence antineoplastons work. Nor are they the gentle treatment Burzynski claims them to be. He has run Food and Drug Administration–approved clinical trials on the drugs since the 1990s, during which time at least six study participants died from hypernatremia, or high levels of sodium in the blood—likely due to the sodium-rich antineoplastons. Among the victims was a 6-year-old boy.

Over the years, Burzynski has been the subject of numerous investigations and legal proceedings, brought by grand juries, the FDA and the Texas Medical Board. As it’s become more difficult to continue registering his patients in antineoplaston trials, Burzynski has treated patients in other ways, still outside the medical mainstream. He uses chemotherapy drugs in combinations that have not been scientifically tested—and whose toxicities, according to the medical board, pose an unwarranted threat to patients.

Now the Texas Medical Board has brought yet another case against Burzynski, seeking to revoke his license. As the hearing got underway in Austin in November, some of the doctor’s former patients and admirers gathered to support him and to protest with placards. “I am a naturalist, and I believe that the body can be healed without the use of burning, cutting and poisoning it,” said one woman, whose sister died of lung cancer. “I am for whoever is trying to do their part in saving people from having to go through pain.”

Experimenting on People

“When I was first diagnosed, I thought this was it. I started making plans for my funeral,” Wayne Merritt says. It was 2009, he had pancreatic cancer metastasized to the liver, and his doctor gave him six months to live. Less than a year before, his wife, Lisa, had been diagnosed with breast cancer, and he saw how difficult it was for her to go through chemotherapy. Wayne was determined that he wouldn’t spend the last six months of his life feeling sick.But then Lisa heard about Burzynski. The Merritts went down to his clinic, where they learned Wayne didn’t qualify for antineoplastons but might respond to some other drugs. The couple made it very clear, Lisa said, that Wayne didn’t want chemo. They saw Burzynski for 10 minutes, then were turned over to his staff. Lisa says Wayne had a daily appointment with a woman wearing a name tag that said “Dr.,” and whom the other staff called “doctor”—but who, the Texas Medical Board says, isn’t licensed to practice medicine in Texas.

Back home in Armuchee, Georgia, they got a shock. On their next visit with their local oncologist, she looked at the clinic’s prescriptions and dropped three bombshells: One, Wayne was indeed on chemotherapy, among other drugs; two, the medications would cost about $30,000 a month—not the $3,000 to $6,000 a month they had been told; three, his medication regimen was dangerous. “It was devastating,” Lisa says. “We felt like we got dropped on our face.”

In a 48-page complaint, the Texas Medical Board says Burzynski and his staff knowingly misled patients, attracting them to the clinic with the promise of being included in trials for antineoplastons, when they knew most of the patients wouldn’t qualify. The doctor or his staff told patients they would get the antineoplastons, before charging large retainers and ordering other treatments. The Burzynski clinic admits that about 5,700 of its 8,000 patients have received treatment other than antineoplastons.

The board alleges that Burzynski charged “exorbitant” amounts, billed for unnecessary tests, and failed to adequately disclose his stake in the pharmacy and laboratory that provided many patients’ drugs and tests. Perhaps even more worrying, the board says Burzynski and his staff made numerous medical and record-keeping errors, including misinterpreting scans and using the wrong tests to evaluate patients’ progress. Then there are the untested drug combinations. On its website, the Burzynski Clinic says it offers “personalized cancer therapy,” using genetic analysis to customize treatment for each patient. But in expert testimony for the medical board, Dr. Cynthia Wetmore, director of the program in Developmental Therapeutics in the Aflac Cancer and Blood Disorders Center in Atlanta, said, “There’s not a possible way to tell what drug is helping and what drug is not helping. The drugs are given in nonstandard combinations that never have been tested. They’re given in nonstandard doses that are not known to be effective or safe. And combining them is experimenting on humans, which cannot be done outside a clinical study. That’s unethical.”

The board concluded that because of Burzynski’s actions and those of his subordinates, “each of the patients in this case either suffered considerable toxicity effects or were put at significant risk of considerable toxicity effects.”

http://www.newsweek.com/2016/03/04/stanislaw-burzynski-cancer-medical-malfeasance-429057.html

Let's not forget the mistakes and trials and tribulations that ALL medical treatment has gone through over the years. It's easy to dismiss those who try to pioneer alternative means of helping those in dire need, particularly when there are failures. How about all those who die horribly under chemo? There was no proof here that chemo and conventional medicine would have cured her. Many don't survive. Sometimes, too, when all else has failed and you've been told to go home and just die, then where else is there to turn?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:21 pm

Was the police officer lying then?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:22 pm

@HT:

Home?

Better that than become a guinea pig for a man who is going to charge you 10 times what he told you he'd charge, pump your body full of untested chemicals and not even give a shit enough about you to keep accurate records of what he's done.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:24 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:@HT:

Home?

Better that than become a guinea pig for a man who is going to charge you 10 times what he told you he'd charge, pump your body full of untested chemicals and not even give a shit enough about you to keep accurate records of what he's done.

How can you get into the head of a dying person? You can't. And if they choose to do this, who are you to try and stop them?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:25 pm

Why the hell would you just go home? Lots of people have treated themselves after doctors have pumped them full of toxic chemical and told them to go home and die.
Why wouldn't you try something else? What's to lose?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:26 pm

eddie wrote:Was the police officer lying then?

I think he's confused.

Cancer is a deadly disease that has no cure. There are therapies that work for some patients, but not all. Many cancer patients still die of cancer despite these therapies, and I can see how someone would decide it was the therapy that killed them, not the cancer.

But even if the therapy weakened them, it was still the best scientifically tested method to give them any chance of surviving.

If it's actually true that it's not, please imagine the implications of that truth for a moment.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:27 pm

Home?

But...I do agree with you about the extortionate charges he implements. To me, that's not good. Having said that...how much are you charged for chemo in the States?

For patients not covered by health insurance, chemotherapy costs typically include the doctor fee, drug administration fee, drug cost and possibly facility fee, depending on how it is administered. Total cost depends on the type of cancer, the individual case, drug regimen used, method of administration and length of time prescribed or number of treatments required. The total cost is about $10,000-$200,000 or more. For example, to administer chemotherapy to a patient, Saint Elizabeth Regional Medical Center[2] in Nebraska charges about $270 for an intramuscular or subcutaneous injection. They charge about $290 for chemotherapy IV push -- a quick way of administering a drug through an IV -- and $290 for each additional drug. Expect to pay $650, not including doctor fee or drug fee, for one hour of chemotherapy IV infusion, and about an additional $160 for each additional hour of treatment, with the same drug or another drug. They charge about $780 for chemotherapy administration into the central nervous system, including a spinal puncture.

The price of chemotherapy drugs varies widely, depending on the drug. For example, according to research[3] from the American Society of Clinical Oncology, one course of a drug for chemotherapy for breast cancer can cost about $900-$15,000, depending on the drug(s); and, if growth factor support is added to lessen side effects, that increases costs from more than $4,000 to more than $30,000. According to an article[4] in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute, combination chemotherapy regimens typically used for advanced colorectal cancer can range from almost $12,000 to over $30,000 for an eight-week course, depending on the drugs. But new drugs usually cost more: for example, Adcetris[5] , a recently approved drug that treats recurrences of some types of lymphoma, can cost more than $120,000 for a course of treatment, and so does Yervoy[6] , a new skin cancer drug.

http://health.costhelper.com/chemo.html
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:27 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

Home?

How can you get into the head of a dying person?   You can't.  And if they choose to do this, who are you to try and stop them?

I wouldn't try to stop them, but I would try to stop Dr. Frankenstein from using people as lab rats.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:28 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:

I think he's confused.

Cancer is a deadly disease that has no cure. There are therapies that work for some patients, but not all. Many cancer patients still die of cancer despite these therapies, and I can see how someone would decide it was the therapy that killed them, not the cancer.

But even if the therapy weakened them, it was still the best scientifically tested method to give them any chance of surviving.

If it's actually true that it's not, please imagine the implications of that truth for a moment.

Already we're seeing research into helping the immune system deal with cancer. I believe the cure is already there...we just need to get the right key to open the right door.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:28 pm

eddie wrote:Why the hell would you just go home? Lots of people have treated themselves after doctors have pumped them full of toxic chemical and told them to go home and die.

Your dignity? Your ability to die in comfort surrounded by friends and family? Your children's financial future?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:30 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

Home?

But...I do agree with you about the extortionate charges he implements. To me, that's not good.    Having said that...how much are you charged for chemo in  the States?

For patients not covered by health insurance, chemotherapy costs typically include the doctor fee, drug administration fee, drug cost and possibly facility fee, depending on how it is administered. Total cost depends on the type of cancer, the individual case, drug regimen used, method of administration and length of time prescribed or number of treatments required. The total cost is about $10,000-$200,000 or more. For example, to administer chemotherapy to a patient, Saint Elizabeth Regional Medical Center[2] in Nebraska charges about $270 for an intramuscular or subcutaneous injection. They charge about $290 for chemotherapy IV push -- a quick way of administering a drug through an IV -- and $290 for each additional drug. Expect to pay $650, not including doctor fee or drug fee, for one hour of chemotherapy IV infusion, and about an additional $160 for each additional hour of treatment, with the same drug or another drug. They charge about $780 for chemotherapy administration into the central nervous system, including a spinal puncture.

The price of chemotherapy drugs varies widely, depending on the drug. For example, according to research[3] from the American Society of Clinical Oncology, one course of a drug for chemotherapy for breast cancer can cost about $900-$15,000, depending on the drug(s); and, if growth factor support is added to lessen side effects, that increases costs from more than $4,000 to more than $30,000. According to an article[4] in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute, combination chemotherapy regimens typically used for advanced colorectal cancer can range from almost $12,000 to over $30,000 for an eight-week course, depending on the drugs. But new drugs usually cost more: for example, Adcetris[5] , a recently approved drug that treats recurrences of some types of lymphoma, can cost more than $120,000 for a course of treatment, and so does Yervoy[6] , a new skin cancer drug.

http://health.costhelper.com/chemo.html

Just because chemo's expensive doesn't make it okay to tell someone you'll be charged $3,000 a month and then give them a bill for $30,000.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:30 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:

I think he's confused.

Perhaps it's simply the best and cheapest, profit-making method.

And whether you'd choose Burzynski's pathway or not, don't tell me you'd simply "go home to die". That's bollocks.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:32 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

How can you get into the head of a dying person?   You can't.  And if they choose to do this, who are you to try and stop them?

I wouldn't try to stop them, but I would try to stop Dr. Frankenstein from using people as lab rats.

How do you suppose they first tested chemo? That it was a hayride?

https://www.theguardian.com/science/blog/2014/oct/08/chemotherapy-world-war-cancer-mustard-gas

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:32 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:Why the hell would you just go home? Lots of people have treated themselves after doctors have pumped them full of toxic chemical and told them to go home and die.

Your dignity? Your ability to die in comfort surrounded by friends and family? Your children's financial future?

I don't think you know how desperate you'd become until you were walking in the shoes of a terminally ill cancer patient.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:33 pm

eddie wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

I think he's confused.

And whether you'd choose Burzynski's pathway or not, don't tell me you'd simply "go home to die".  That's bollocks.

Cancer treatment is a billion dollar industry. What drug company in their right mind would jeopardise that?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:34 pm

Money?

The thread moved so quick whilst I was reading...that was the reply to Eddies 'what can you lose' question.

Last edited by Syl on Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:34 pm

eddie wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

I think he's confused.

And whether you'd choose Burzynski's pathway or not, don't tell me you'd simply "go home to die".  That's bollocks.

I'd rather die in comfort than become someone's lab rat, I can assure you of that.

If it's the best and cheapest profit-making method, then millions of oncologists around the world, along with their Lizard People overlords of course, are complicit in denying cancer cures to dying people.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:36 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:

Chemo strips you of all dignity. It's a lucky person who dies peacefully from cancer.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:38 pm

OK, the replies are coming too fast and too furious for me to reply to and I have work, so I'm bailing from this thread. Just read up on this Burzynski clown before you buy into his snake oil -- remember, none of you even knew who he was when edds posted this up.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:38 pm

eddie wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

I don't think you know how desperate you'd become until you were walking in the shoes of a terminally ill cancer patient.

A friend of mine died from lung, breast and brain cancer. She suffered and suffered with chemo and radiotherapy. It burned away all her hair, left her exhausted, and the final indignity was the steroids, which bloated her up. Finally, they told her to go home and die, and she did, in absolute agony. She tossed and turned as her head pain got worse and worse and screamed out and begged to die. It was fucking horrible. So don't tell me, that you go home to die with dignity. That's not always the case.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:40 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:OK, the replies are coming too fast and too furious for me to reply to and I have work, so I'm bailing from this thread. Just read up on this Burzynski clown before you buy into his snake oil -- remember, none of you even knew who he was when edds posted this up.

Perhaps not. But some of us have experienced the devastation of cancer close up and personal in all it's horror.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:41 pm

Syl wrote:Money?

The thread moved so quick whilst I was reading...that was the reply to Eddies 'what can you lose' question.

I feel passionate about this subject because it's affected me personally on many levels with many loved ones. I don't deny that chemo can help, but in this day and age, it shouldn't be the be all and end all. It only works sometimes, and for that alone, it should be a priority to get to the bottom of why cancer occurs, and how to help the body to fight it.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:44 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:OK, the replies are coming too fast and too furious for me to reply to and I have work, so I'm bailing from this thread. Just read up on this Burzynski clown before you buy into his snake oil -- remember, none of you even knew who he was when edds posted this up.

To be fair I didn't know who he was - i saw the story and wanted to explore it.
I'm not even defending Burzynski's clinic per se, but I do advocate alternative methods and I don't think chemo/radiotherapy is the "honest and definitive way of treating cancer patients" that the doctors would have you believe.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:55 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:Money?

I feel passionate about this subject because it's affected me personally on many levels with many loved ones.   I don't deny that chemo can help, but in this day and age, it shouldn't be the be all and end all.  It only works sometimes, and for that alone, it should be a priority to get to the bottom of why cancer occurs, and how to help the body to fight it.

No I agree...cancer is horrendous, it attacks young and old out of the blue and no one is immune.
It's so horrible people will do or pay everything they can to help a loved one.
If this man is making fortunes out of treating cancer ridden patients, some reports say he is a miracle worker others say the opposite.....it's the money issue that would worry me. Is he a con man preying on peoples tragedy?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:15 pm

Seems so from Ben's link above, but that would make the police officer a liar, surely?

I tend to go by people's personal stories.

The cancer my friend has is Mesothelioma, caused by asbestos. There is such a terrible recovery rate that doctors usually say 12-24 months if caught early (rarely) and if you're under 60 (rarely, most people aren't diagnosed until they're in their late 50's early 60's). My friend is in her forties, six months older than me to be precise, (a beautiful Sagittarius), and she was given only a year...which is worst case scenario.

I read up on a few cases where people had lived ten years and more (I think the longest survivor is 25 years after being given about 12 months).

They all either stopped having chemo after it ended or they never had it and they all used "oils" (I'd say Cannibis but the site doesn't say) and other alternatives.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:35 pm

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I feel passionate about this subject because it's affected me personally on many levels with many loved ones.   I don't deny that chemo can help, but in this day and age, it shouldn't be the be all and end all.  It only works sometimes, and for that alone, it should be a priority to get to the bottom of why cancer occurs, and how to help the body to fight it.

No I agree...cancer is horrendous, it attacks young and old out of the blue and no one is immune.
If this man is making fortunes out of treating cancer ridden patients, some reports say he is a miracle worker others say the opposite.....it's the money issue that would worry me. Is he a con man preying on peoples tragedy?

What you have to remember is that it's only here we don't pay. Everywhere else, you have to pay for your chemo, and it can go into the thousands.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:17 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:

What you have to remember is that it's only here we don't pay.  Everywhere else, you have to pay for your chemo, and it can go into the thousands.

That's true, but if he had such a breakthrough would not the NHS and other health organisations jump at the chance to use it?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:20 pm

Not if chemo is cheaper.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:34 pm

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

What you have to remember is that it's only here we don't pay.  Everywhere else, you have to pay for your chemo, and it can go into the thousands.

That's true, but if he had such a breakthrough would not the NHS and other health organisations jump at the chance to use it?

Clearly, he hasn't had a massive breakthrough. More research is needed. But when you're up against the big boys, I guess you need funding. Perhaps that's where all the money goes. I really don't know.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:37 pm

Neither do I, and as Ben (I think) pointed out no one had heard of this man or his cancer treatments on here till today.

It will be a miracle if and when someone finds a cure.. or anything that could prolong a cancer sufferers life to help them to live without the pain and side effects of present treatments.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:39 pm

Syl wrote:Neither do I, and as Ben (I think) pointed out no one had heard of this man or his cancer treatments on here till today.

It will be a miracle if and when someone finds a cure.. or anything that could prolong a cancer sufferers life to help them to live without the pain and side effects of present  treatments.

We all live in hope, huh?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:42 pm

Too late for this little girl though.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:43 pm

Cancer in children is the worst.
Eddie, I hope your friend is coping as well as could be expected. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:46 pm

Syl wrote:Cancer in children is the worst.

She's grumpy today! She never moans really but I tease her relentlessly and she loves it secretly. We FaceTime every day except when the chemo is really working on her, usually two days after having it.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:54 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:Cancer in children is the worst.

She's grumpy today! She never moans really but I tease her relentlessly and she loves it secretly. We FaceTime every day except when the chemo is really working on her, usually two days after having it.

It must be so hard....thanks goodness she has you, her family, and other good friends to help her.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:20 pm

Doesn't the fact that Stephen Hawking is still alive, treated for decades by the NHS, sort of prove that the NHS will spend lots of money to keep a patient alive?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:49 am

Ben Reilly wrote:Doesn't the fact that Stephen Hawking is still alive, treated for decades by the NHS, sort of prove that the NHS will spend lots of money to keep a patient alive?

It's rather a moot point tbh. We are talking about chemo. Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:58 am

Idea

THE O/P is full of shite...

The blog site's "awesomejelly.." name obviously refers to the mental state of it's contributors..

Anybody who believes their rancid crappola is just as deluded as them.      Rolling Eyes
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:10 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Doesn't the fact that Stephen Hawking is still alive, treated for decades by the NHS, sort of prove that the NHS will spend lots of money to keep a patient alive?

The NHS has had some terrible failures. It tries and we are all grateful we have it. But it's not actually free. We all pay into it all our working lives. National Insurance is calculated on gross earnings. National Insurance threshold is £155 a week or £8,060 a year. If you earn above the threshold you pay 12% of your earnings between £8,060 and £43,000. Anything you earn above £43,000 a year, you pay National Insurance at 2%.

http://www.which.co.uk/money/tax/guides/national-insurance-explained/national-insurance-rates/
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down