NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

POTUS Upcoming Debate - Mark Your Calendars

2 posters

Go down

POTUS Upcoming Debate - Mark Your Calendars  Empty POTUS Upcoming Debate - Mark Your Calendars

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:26 pm

Debate Link   It ought to be interesting.   

Monday, September 26, 2016
First presidential debate
NBC's Lester Holt, moderate
The first debate will be divided into six time segments of approximately 15 minutes each on major topics to be selected by the moderator and announced at least one week before the debate. The moderator will open each segment with a question, after which each candidate will have two minutes to respond. Candidates will then have an opportunity to respond to each other. The moderator will use the balance of the time in the segment for a deeper discussion of the topic.

Tuesday, October 4, 2016
Vice presidential debate
CBS's Elaine Quijano moderate
The Vice Presidential debate will be divided into nine time segments of approximately 10 minutes each. The moderator will ask an opening question, after which each candidate will have two minutes to respond. The moderator will use the balance of the time in the segment for a deeper discussion of the topic.

Sunday, October 9, 2016
Second presidential debate
CNN's Anderson Cooper and ABC Martha Raddatz will co-moderate the second debate
The second presidential debate will take the form of a town meeting, in which half of the questions will be posed directly by citizen participants and the other half will be posed by the moderator based on topics of broad public interest as reflected in social media and other sources. The candidates will have two minutes to respond and there will be an additional minute for the moderator to facilitate further discussion. The town meeting participants will be uncommitted voters selected by the Gallup Organization.

Wednesday, October 19, 2016
Third presidential debate
Fox News Chris Wallace will moderate the third
This last debate will be divided into six time segments of approximately 15 minutes each on major topics to be selected by the moderator and announced at least one week before the debate. The moderator will open each segment with a question, after which each candidate will have two minutes to respond. Candidates will then have an opportunity to respond to each other. The moderator will use the balance of the time in the segment for a deeper discussion of the topic.

Steve Scully
, a senior executive producer and political editor at C-SPAN, will serve as backup moderator for all the debates.

I just can't imagine the time - energy - alcohol - Prozac - misc. other drugs it's going to take to manhandle 'Cheeto-Jesus' into training for these debates Suspect  
But I'd pay to watch the people trying to wrangle him into doing the 'work' ...really I would! Twisted Evil

Last edited by 4EVER2 on Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:17 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

POTUS Upcoming Debate - Mark Your Calendars  Empty Re: POTUS Upcoming Debate - Mark Your Calendars

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:22 am

I can't wait, these are going to be hilarious.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

POTUS Upcoming Debate - Mark Your Calendars  Empty Re: POTUS Upcoming Debate - Mark Your Calendars

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:44 am

Ben Reilly wrote:I can't wait, these are going to be hilarious.

Yipper, do you think they'll sedate Chump-Trump?  Just to slow him down a wee-little bit and make him stay on cue - read the teleprompter? Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:49 am

4EVER2 wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:I can't wait, these are going to be hilarious.

Yipper, do you think they'll sedate Chump-Trump?  Just to slow him down a wee-little bit and make him stay on cue - read the teleprompter? Suspect

Actually, that would be even more awesome Smile

What would you do if you were a member of Clinton's strategy team? I'd be saying, "Keep calm at all times while saying everything you can to get him to blow up." I wouldn't be surprised if Trumpian outbursts were a regular feature of the debates.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:01 am

Echoes of 'Ronnie Reagan' ..."well, there ya go again", in that soft - affable - easy going way he had of delivering a ZINGER!  

If she could pull that off, she'd have him so fit to be tied he'd nearly have a coronary right there in front of the camera - 'LIVE'!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:38 am

He’s an unconventional candidate, and he’s not going to prepare the way Hillary does, which is, you know, lock her in a room and cram her head with all these binders,” Kellyanne Conway, Trump’s campaign manager, said on “Fox News Sunday.”

“The authentic Donald Trump, who’s been taking his case directly to the voters, is the one that you will see on the debate stage with Hillary Clinton, and I think they’re nervous over in the Clinton camp,” Conway said.Conway wouldn’t say if Trump would definitely hold mock debates and if so, who would stand in for Clinton. NBC News reported that former Fox News Chairman Roger Ailes and conservative commentator Laura Ingraham were doing debate preparation with Trump.

David Plouffe, a Clinton supporter and former senior adviser to President Barack Obama, agreed with the assessment of the Trump’s strength ahead of the first contest, to be held at Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York.
“It is going to be difficult, because you are going to have to prepare for many different Trumps,” Plouffe, who has been in touch with the Clinton campaign, said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.” The candidate who shows up on debate night could be “modest” or “off-the-rails,” he said.

“We have a psychopath running for president,” Plouffe said. “I mean, he meets the clinical definition.” When challenged by NBC moderator Chuck Todd, Plouffe listed among Trump’s traits “the grandiose notion of self-worth, pathological lying, lack of empathy and remorse.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-08-28/both-sides-agree-trump-unpredictable-in-presidential-debates 

Well he's telling his listening pubic that he's going as "MY OWN MAN" {business as usual} but I seriously think he's sweating bullets big time Twisted Evil 
His Bullshit & Bravado won't carry him well, out on that stage without all of the other prior distractions he's had to hide behind.

Back to top Go down

POTUS Upcoming Debate - Mark Your Calendars  Empty And the Debate Referee's Have Been Announced!

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:01 am

This year's three presidential debates will be moderated by NBC's Lester Holt, CNN's Anderson Cooper and ABC's Martha Raddatz, and Fox News Sunday host Chris Wallace.
Holt, the anchor of the NBC Nightly News, will lead the first debate, which is set to take place at Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York, on September 26.
Cooper and Raddatz will co-moderate the second debate, which will be a town-hall style event at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri on October 9.
Wallace will moderate the third and final presidential debate at University of Nevada in Las Vegas on October 19.
The vice presidential debate, moderated by Quijano, will take place at Longwood University in Farmville, Virginia, on October 4.
Steve Scully, a senior executive producer and political editor at C-SPAN, will serve as backup moderator for all the debates.
The debates will all run from 9:00-10:30 p.m. Eastern Time without commercial breaks. The news was announced Friday morning by the Commission on Presidential Debates, the bipartisan committee that has sponsored and produced all the presidential and vice presidential debates since the 1988 campaign. "These journalists bring extensive experience to the job of moderating, and understand the importance of using expanded time periods effectively," Commission co-chairs Frank J. Fahrenkopf, Jr. and Michael D. McCurry said in a statement. "We are grateful for their willingness to moderate, and confident that the public will learn more about the candidates and the issues as a result."  http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/02/media/presidential-debate-moderators/index.html
Frankly, this would be highly entertaining if the moderators were allowed to control the electrodes to either a shock collar or a shock plate that they were to stand on!   But that's just my demented opinion and POV.  Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:05 am

I can't wait! Except for the VP one; the last one of those that had any watchability was Biden v. Palin ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:58 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
He’s an unconventional candidate, and he’s not going to prepare the way Hillary does, which is, you know, lock her in a room and cram her head with all these binders,” Kellyanne Conway, Trump’s campaign manager, said on “Fox News Sunday.”

“The authentic Donald Trump, who’s been taking his case directly to the voters, is the one that you will see on the debate stage with Hillary Clinton, and I think they’re nervous over in the Clinton camp,” Conway said.Conway wouldn’t say if Trump would definitely hold mock debates and if so, who would stand in for Clinton. NBC News reported that former Fox News Chairman Roger Ailes and conservative commentator Laura Ingraham were doing debate preparation with Trump.

David Plouffe, a Clinton supporter and former senior adviser to President Barack Obama, agreed with the assessment of the Trump’s strength ahead of the first contest, to be held at Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York.
“It is going to be difficult, because you are going to have to prepare for many different Trumps,” Plouffe, who has been in touch with the Clinton campaign, said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.” The candidate who shows up on debate night could be “modest” or “off-the-rails,” he said.

“We have a psychopath running for president,” Plouffe said. “I mean, he meets the clinical definition.” When challenged by NBC moderator Chuck Todd, Plouffe listed among Trump’s traits “the grandiose notion of self-worth, pathological lying, lack of empathy and remorse.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-08-28/both-sides-agree-trump-unpredictable-in-presidential-debates 

Well he's telling his listening pubic that he's going as "MY OWN MAN" {business as usual} but I seriously think he's sweating bullets big time Twisted Evil 
His Bullshit & Bravado won't carry him well, out on that stage without all of the other prior distractions he's had to hide behind.

I think that Kellyann Conway has already learned that in her candidate, she's got a tiger by the tail.

Actually, Trump should ordinarily do quite well in the debate format.  It calls for short answers, which would favor a person who couldn't master the answer at too deep a level.

The problem with Trump is that, given a shortened period of time, he will look for the most offensive answer, rather than the most succinct.  This is because of a flaw in his inner soul that is called narcissism.  He wants to be the only one in the room talked about after all is said and done.  Rarely is one the topic of conversation if s/he is boringly competent; you need that pazazz that comes from calling a war hero a "loser" or mocking quadriplegics, or criticizing females for their menstrual cycles.

Trump is not competent; but neither is he incompetent.  His category is "OTHER"...the other being, needs lots of attention.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down