NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV and Movies you'd Recommend

+3
eddie
Ben Reilly
HoratioTarr
7 posters

Go down

TV and Movies you'd Recommend Empty TV and Movies you'd Recommend

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:24 pm

I'm watching a Netflix special called Stranger Things.  It got five stars on the rating and is very good.  Stars Winona Ryder, who I can't normally stand, but she's very good as the stressed to the tits mother who's son gets sucked into a Government experiment 'dimension' inhabited by your worst nightmares.   Highly recommended.

Last edited by HoratioTarr on Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

TV and Movies you'd Recommend Empty Re: TV and Movies you'd Recommend

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:30 pm

Just finished watching 'Salem', loosely based around the Salem witches. If you love witchy shit, horror, spells, and a fast paced plot, then you'll love this.

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:35 pm

I have Stranger Things on deck for when I finish my second run through Game of Thrones!

I can help (just ask edds) but to make it go a little quicker, please tell me a bit about your favorite shows and which of the big series like Mad Men, Breaking Bad, The Wire, etc. you've seen already.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:42 pm

Empresses in the Palace - Chinese historical soap opera. Original series is a staggering 72 episodes, but Netflix are showing it in 10. I've watched both and the longer one is more detailed in characterisation and plot, and hinges around the the often vicious politics of the harem in the Imperial Palace. Great photography and costumes.

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:45 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:I have Stranger Things on deck for when I finish my second run through Game of Thrones!

I can help (just ask edds) but to make it go a little quicker, please tell me a bit about your favorite shows and which of the big series like Mad Men, Breaking Bad, The Wire, etc. you've seen already.

I often get really bored when something like Game of Thrones ends and I haven't a clue what can top it.  I tend to like gritty dramas, sci fi, horror, historical and war.   I'm not into girlie stuff as a rule but the odd romantic corset buster can amuse me.   Might be good to share our favourites so that others can perhaps go watch them too.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:44 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:I have Stranger Things on deck for when I finish my second run through Game of Thrones!

I often get really bored when something like Game of Thrones ends and I haven't a clue what can top it.  I tend to like gritty dramas, sci fi, horror, historical and war.   I'm not into girlie stuff as a rule but the odd romantic corset buster can amuse me.   Might be good to share our favourites so that others can perhaps go watch them too.

If you haven't seen Breaking Bad yet, definitely try that one. Also check out Sons of Anarchy -- I would liken it to Game of Thrones with biker gangs instead of family houses.

Ever seen Buffy, Battlestar Galactica, Firefly? I know Buffy and Firefly are on Netflix, as well as Dollhouse -- that one was really underrated.

The West Wing can be a gritty drama at times, but you might find it a bit slow and talky.

If you had HBO NOW you could also check out Sopranos, Oz, The Wire and Six Feet Under.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:16 pm

I'm watching Oz and loving it....no spoilers

Seen Breaking Bad and would highly recommend it. Seen Six Feet Under and loved it immensely and also Dexter - highly addictive not to mention eye candy with Michael C. Hall (also in six feet)

Weeds is something I want to see but the sites I used to use have stopped sky customers getting free stuff.

I need to get Netflix really.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:14 pm

Best TV series ever, The Bridge.

Filming the next series end of this year, but they reckon it won't be on here until 2018.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bridge_(Danish/Swedish_TV_series)

Closely followed by Borgan.   However, I don't watch much TV now, so there are probably really good things on I have missed lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:22 pm

We are all glued to
Once upon a time.
Complicated story but very good family TV

Once Upon a Time
http://imdb.com/rg/an_share/title/title/tt1843230/
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:01 am

Anything by David Attenborough, + Countryfile.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:09 pm

We saw Bad Moms at the cinema at the weekend. Typical edgy Hollywood slapstick, so set the bar low girls if you ever decide to see it. Nowt remotely sophisticated about it.  The marriage counsellor scene was hilarious.

Mila Kunis was probably too young looking to be the mum but the movie was ok, for what it is. It is what it is!    Christina Applegate was one of the leading characters and was  also the lead girl in "Don't tell mum the babysitter's dead" - another film we went to see TWENTY years ago.

Christina played a proper 'mean girl' role this time, unlike 20 years ago when she played a heroine

Bridget Jones will premier in mid September. Of course we'll go see that one too.

Most of the movies we've gone to see lately, feature jewish matriachs sometimes strong ones, but sometimes flaky.  Love em all!!!

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down