NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ellen DeGeneres accused of being a racist after posting Usain Bolt meme that showed her riding on his back

5 posters

Go down

Ellen DeGeneres accused of being a racist after posting Usain Bolt meme that showed her riding on his back  Empty Ellen DeGeneres accused of being a racist after posting Usain Bolt meme that showed her riding on his back

Post by SEXY MAMA Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:31 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3743786/Ellen-DeGeneres-accused-racist-posting-Usain-Bolt-meme-showed-riding-back.html

I don't think its racist at all!
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Ellen DeGeneres accused of being a racist after posting Usain Bolt meme that showed her riding on his back  Empty Re: Ellen DeGeneres accused of being a racist after posting Usain Bolt meme that showed her riding on his back

Post by Eilzel Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:46 am

Idiotic, people are just looking for things to scream about here.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Ellen DeGeneres accused of being a racist after posting Usain Bolt meme that showed her riding on his back  Empty Re: Ellen DeGeneres accused of being a racist after posting Usain Bolt meme that showed her riding on his back

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:12 am

Arrow

I DON'T see anything especially "racist" in that image,  either...

What some of those over-emotive and ill-considered tweets show, is that some of those Twits don't actually understand what genuine "racism" is..

That handful of misguided whiners, with obviously far too much free time on their hands, should experience the regular mutterings from our resident trio of hardcore white supremacists on here  !        
pirat
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:17 am

WELCOME TO WING-NUTS R US  
 Seems, our overly right minded American Bible-Thumpers hover over any media famous person just praying for some fragmented image to pot stir into a huge cesspool.  The 'anti-gay' bashing will lay low until they find a thread of 'possibilities' to pull ...yanking at that tread in desperation to see how far and how fast their hysteria picks up steam  No  
They've been picking on Ellen specifically, it's what they do! Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:32 pm

I don't think it was racist, either.  Ellen is a pretty liberal personality, so I think there is a little of the reactionary fueling this response.  We have discussed the RW 'mirror-image' argument, in which one takes the opponent's image and metaphorically transposes it into one in which the message is the opposite?  I think that is what is going on here.

For the record, African-Americans were once slaves, and used to do the back-breaking work in southern fields.  Thus depicting any African as a beast of burden is putatively like espousing slavery.  

I think that Ellen Degeneres was more likely making light of herself (literally and figuratively), whereby she indirectly applauds the athletic achievements of Bolt.  RW'rs live by their mendacity, as we have discussed many times in the past, so that it is easy (and quite without conscience) to twist the metaphor of admiration into one of master-slave.

Last edited by Original Quill on Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:36 pm

Original Quill wrote:I don't think it was racist, either.  Ellen is a pretty liberal personality, so I think there is a little of the reactionary fueling this response.  We have discussed the RW 'mirror-image' argument, in which one takes the opponent's image and metaphorically transposes it into one in which the message is the opposite?  I think that is what is going on here.

For the record, African-Americans were once slaves, and used to do the back-breaking work in southern fields.  Thus depicting any African as a beast of burden is putatively like espousing slavery.  

I think that Ellen Degeneres was more likely making light of herself (literally and figuratively), whereby she indirectly applauds the athletic achievements of Bolt.  RW'rs live by their mendacity, as we have discussed many times in the past, so that it is easy (and quite without conscience) to twist the metaphor.

LOL, true - true; and given 'BOLTS' love of the 'LIME LIGHT' and ability to find that perfect camera angle for that ultra bright white smile/photo moment - he'll love all of the attention his image can draw! 

This won't be nearly the piss-pot that some are trying to stir it into! No

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:25 pm

Ridiculous. Some people will find fault with anything and everything. I bet that really upset her and probably Bolt, too.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down