NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Britons Injured In Deadly Bombing At Thailand Tourist Resort

2 posters

Go down

Britons Injured In Deadly Bombing At Thailand Tourist Resort Empty Britons Injured In Deadly Bombing At Thailand Tourist Resort

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:44 pm

British tourists have been injured in a deadly double bombing at a beach resort in Thailand, according to Sky sources.
One person has died - believed to be a Thai woman who ran a food stall - and 23 have been injured in the blasts in the seaside resort of Hua Hin.

At least two Britons are among nine foreigners being treated in hospital.

Police say there were two suspected bombs which exploded within 20 minutes of each other during the evening, possibly triggered by mobile phones.

They are said to have been placed in plant pots 50 metres apart on a busy street packed with open-front bars.
Police found ball-bearings at the scene which they think were put in the bombs to cause maximum injury.
Sky News Correspondent Mark White said: "This twin bombing, if it turns out to be that, may be linked to an insurgency in the south of Thailand.

http://news.sky.com/story/britons-injured-in-deadly-bombing-at-thailand-tourist-resort-10532312

Anyone know if Eilzel is okay, sorry not sure where he is living in Thailand?

Back to top Go down

Britons Injured In Deadly Bombing At Thailand Tourist Resort Empty Re: Britons Injured In Deadly Bombing At Thailand Tourist Resort

Post by eddie Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:01 pm

I'll contact him Didge
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Britons Injured In Deadly Bombing At Thailand Tourist Resort Empty Re: Britons Injured In Deadly Bombing At Thailand Tourist Resort

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:08 pm

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:12 pm

eddie wrote:I'll contact him Didge

I've done it Eds, dont think he is near where it happened.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:20 am

Yeah I'm in Bangkok, which is usually where these things happen. I'm not a big beach person and more so now. Turbulent times here following the vote for the military constitution and uncertainty about the king's health Sad

Thanks for concern guys x
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:48 am

Glad you're here to argue with me another day (or few hundred years) my friend xx

Any news?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:22 am

Nothing solid. My expectation is it will be Islamist separatists from the southern provinces. They are usually to blame. Normally their attacks are focused near the Malaysian border region, every so often they hit elsewhere though. It being a bank holiday and fresh off a new military constitution may have provoked them to do more. No claims yet though, which is always strange- a terrorist attack no one claims seems pretty pointless.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:42 pm

Pointless deaths yet again
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down