NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Patient set to undergo the world's first human head transplant

4 posters

Go down

Patient set to undergo the world's first human head transplant  Empty Patient set to undergo the world's first human head transplant

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:56 pm

The terminally ill man who is set to become the world's first head transplant recipient says more details about his extraordinary surgery will be revealed next month.
Valery Spiridonov, a computer scientist from Russia, is set to undergo the risky procedure next year.
Today, the 31-year-old is wheelchair reliant due to a muscle-wasting disease, announced his neurosurgeon would explain how the plan was progressing in September.
Mr Spiridonov says he is ready to put his trust in controversial surgeon Dr Sergio Canavero who claims he can cut off his head and attach it to a healthy body.
Neither the exact date or location have been chosen yet, but the world first procedure is aimed to take place in December 2017.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3721986/Patient-set-undergo-world-s-human-head-transplant-says-Dr-Frankenstein-reveal-details-operation-month.html
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Patient set to undergo the world's first human head transplant  Empty Re: Patient set to undergo the world's first human head transplant

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:01 pm

ummmmmmm

Dr frankenstein I presume

"pass the electrodes"

BZZZZTZZZZZZ
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Patient set to undergo the world's first human head transplant  Empty Re: Patient set to undergo the world's first human head transplant

Post by Guest Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:57 pm

Jeez, I can think of a few people who need it the other way round.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:35 pm

I dislike this thought immensely (I am really creeped out by beheadings) but understand how absolutely and completely, this could change people's lives.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:58 pm

Can you imagine how this man must be feeling? It's bad enough when someone has to go for a relatively simple hospital procedure....but to be the first person in the world to undertake such an immense operation...it's mind blowing....like a nightmare.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:27 pm

eddie wrote:I dislike this thought immensely (I am really creeped out by beheadings) but understand how absolutely and completely, this could change people's lives.

Yeah,, but imagine if it all went a bit Pete Tong. Imagine when they start putting old heads on young bodies! It's just wrong. It's like Re-animator!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:28 pm

Syl wrote:Can you imagine how this man must be feeling? It's bad enough when someone has to go for a relatively simple hospital procedure....but to be the first person in the world to undertake such an immense operation...it's mind blowing....like a nightmare.

I really don't think I could do it, despite all my talk about wishing my body was 20 years younger!!!!!!!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:12 pm

It's a bit icky.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:24 pm

well you would have a bit here and a bit there

I mean...a liver here and a kidney there...a heart, a cornea,

why not go the whole hog????
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:39 pm

Will you donate your body to medical science, Vic?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:57 pm

it would only baffle them eddie.....

besides when I leave this mortal coil...my body will simply evaporate, leaving behind no trace...
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:00 pm

Lord Foul wrote:it would only baffle them eddie.....

besides when I leave this mortal coil...my body will simply evaporate, leaving behind no trace...

But beard. Beard will be left.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:04 pm

watch your mouth...my beard is most deffo right NOT left...

BEARD IS NOT LEFT............
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down