NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harnessing the Immune System to Fight Cancer

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Harnessing the Immune System to Fight Cancer Empty Harnessing the Immune System to Fight Cancer

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:27 pm

Steve Cara expected to sail through the routine medical tests required to increase his life insurance in October 2014. But the results were devastating. He had lung cancer, at age 53. It had begun to spread, and doctors told him it was inoperable. A few years ago, they would have suggested chemotherapy. Instead, his oncologist, Dr. Matthew D. Hellmann of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York, recommended an experimental treatment: immunotherapy. Rather than attacking the cancer directly, as chemo does, immunotherapy tries to rally the patient’s own immune system to fight the disease.

Uncertain, Mr. Cara sought a second opinion. A doctor at another major hospital read his scans and pathology report, then asked what Dr. Hellmann had advised. When the doctor heard the answer, Mr. Cara recalled, “he closed up the folder, handed it back to me and said, ‘Run back there as fast as you can.’”

Many others are racing down the same path. Harnessing the immune system to fight cancer, long a medical dream, is becoming a reality. Remarkable stories of tumors melting away and terminal illnesses going into remissions that last years — backed by solid data — have led to an explosion of interest and billions of dollars of investments in the rapidly growing field of immunotherapy. Pharmaceutical companies, philanthropists and the federal government’s “cancer moonshot” program are pouring money into developing treatments. Medical conferences on the topic are packed.

All this has brought new optimism to cancer doctors — a sense that they have begun tapping into a force of nature, the medical equivalent of splitting the atom.

“This is a fundamental change in the way that we think about cancer therapy,” said Dr. Jedd Wolchok, chief of melanoma and immunotherapeutics services at Memorial Sloan Kettering.

Hundreds of clinical trials involving immunotherapy, alone or combined with other treatments, are underway for nearly every type of cancer. “People are asking, waiting, pleading to get into these trials,” said Dr. Arlene Siefker-Radtke, an oncologist at the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, who specializes in bladder cancer.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/31/health/harnessing-the-immune-system-to-fight-cancer.html?_r=0

More to read on the link

Back to top Go down

Harnessing the Immune System to Fight Cancer Empty Re: Harnessing the Immune System to Fight Cancer

Post by eddie Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:59 pm

Listen to your body.
Your body can heal itself with the right approach and food.

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Harnessing the Immune System to Fight Cancer Empty Re: Harnessing the Immune System to Fight Cancer

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:40 pm

eddie wrote:Listen to your body.
Harnessing the Immune System to Fight Cancer 265384880 Odd, how that very article seems so apropos to the exact same genre/holistic method of healing that you and I and HT have been kicking around for {well, you all long before my date of joining} but we've all been saying the same thing since Feb. when I joined up!
Some day's are 'Jeykell & some days are Hyde' and it's always a surprise which signs in but I'll enjoy the pleasant day and the articles that have been read and the segments that have been discussed previously but got trashed when the mean people were here! Suspect
Heal Yourself By Harnessing Your Mind
By Jo Marchant | May 23, 2014 10:48 am
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/crux/2014/05/23/heal-yourself-by-harnessing-your-mind/#.V6DOGOT6uEc

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:02 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
Harnessing the Immune System to Fight Cancer 265384880 Odd, how that very article seems so apropos to the exact same genre/holistic method of healing that you and I and HT have been kicking around for {well, you all long before my date of joining} but we've all been saying the same thing since Feb. when I joined up!
Some day's are 'Jeykell & some days are Hyde' and it's always a surprise which signs in but I'll enjoy the pleasant day and the articles that have been read and the segments that have been discussed previously but got trashed when the mean people were here! Suspect
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/crux/2014/05/23/heal-yourself-by-harnessing-your-mind/#.V6DOGOT6uEc

Well, yes. I had noticed. Laughing
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:15 pm

Really?
Again its your brain that you either decide or decide not to listen to.
Second this requires again outside assiatnce

Researchers are now focused on two promising types of immunotherapy. One creates a new, individualized treatment for each patient by removing some of the person’s immune cells, altering them genetically to kill cancer and then infusing them back into the bloodstream. This treatment has produced long remissions in a few hundred children and adults with deadly forms of leukemia or lymphoma for whom standard treatments had failed.

The second approach, far more widely used and the one Mr. Cara tried, involves mass-produced drugs that do not have to be tailored to each patient. The drugs free immune cells to fight cancer by blocking a mechanism — called a checkpoint — that cancer uses to shut down the immune system.

Nothing worse than two people who have not got a single clue, making the same unfounded claims

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:20 pm

4EVER2 wrote:

Is this debating the points or the poster?

Any action taken when moderator is posting on that same thread..

Zero lol and this was again off poor science thinking you are right, when you are not

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:34 pm

Didge wrote:
4EVER2 wrote:

Zero lol and this was again off poor science thinking you are right, when you are not
Oh, hypocrite ...so absurd of you to ignore your very own words and yet you just posted them right before this diatribe scratch  
So allow me to repost them for you >

Didgey-dooer stated > Nothing worse than two people who have not got a single clue, making the same unfounded claims
My - My - My, that self-serving HAMMER of debating decorum; always thumping the membership and yet your hypocrisy for your own lame behavior ...amusing and yet very annoying at the same time! Harnessing the Immune System to Fight Cancer 1716015268

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:39 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
Didge wrote:
Oh, hypocrite ...so absurd of you to ignore your very own words and yet you just posted them right before this diatribe scratch  
So allow me to repost them for you >

Didgey-dooer stated > Nothing worse than two people who have not got a single clue, making the same unfounded claims
My - My - My, that self-serving HAMMER of debating decorum; always thumping the membership and yet your hypocrisy for your own lame behavior ...amusing and yet very annoying at the same time! Harnessing the Immune System to Fight Cancer 1716015268

So you had no intention of debating or talking about this, but again used this as an excuse to derail the thread attacking posters.

You mentioned nothing on the actual topic and clearly see also that you were wrong again in your claim

Thanks, you just helped me prove again a point I made to you earlier

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by @lex Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:45 pm

"Medical equivalent of splitting the atom"... a grand claim indeed but not necessarily an overstatement. Bless these researchers.
@lex
@lex
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:48 pm

@lex wrote:
"Medical equivalent of splitting the atom"... a grand claim indeed but not necessarily an overstatement. Bless these researchers.

I agree and the amount of money that goes into these reseacrhes, just wish there was more or they used more of tax for these researches.
I reckon we could actually see a cure to cancer within the next 15 years.
I hope so.

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:59 pm

The role of the lymphatic circulation (as part of the immune system) is under rated, I believe. Rarely do you  see it mentioned.  This fluid has a key role in patrolling the body fighting infection and cancer. It seeks out and eliminates nasties.  It is carried around the body exactly like blood is, with its own intricate network of tubes and pipes running right alongside the blood vessels. Except that lymph fluid does not have its own pump, like blood relies on the heart to pump it around.  

I have always believed that this is why one feels so damn good after a daily bath or shower - it's a strong stimulus for the lymphatic system and the activity helps move the fluid around. The triple massaging action of 1) gentle scrubbing, 2) rubbing down with a towel afterwards and  then 3) rubbing in moisturising oils  -  makes you feel as happy and energised as if you've had a brisk walk. You have just massaged your whole body 3 times over without  even thinking about it!  An excellent workout for the lymphatic system which has no pump of its own to move that healing fluid around the body.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:32 am

eddie wrote:
Listen to your body.

Rolling Eyes

BULLSHIT...

THAT'S a deliberate, ignorant and baseless misinterpretation of what is stated inthe OP...
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:38 am

@lex wrote:

Cool

I AGREE that it is a grand claim, on the OP authors part...

Researchers, journalists and bloggers can all be prone to "gilding the lily" when reporting on promising breakthroughs in medical treatments..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:42 am

Jules wrote:The role of the lymphatic circulation (as part of the immune system) is under rated, I believe. Rarely do you  see it mentioned.  This fluid has a key role in patrolling the body fighting infection and cancer. It seeks out and eliminates nasties.  It is carried around the body exactly like blood is, with its own intricate network of tubes and pipes running right alongside the blood vessels. Except that lymph fluid does not have its own pump, like blood relies on the heart to pump it around.  

I have always believed that this is why one feels so damn good after a daily bath or shower - it's a strong stimulus for the lymphatic system and the activity helps move the fluid around. The triple massaging action of 1) gentle scrubbing, 2) rubbing down with a towel afterwards and  then 3) rubbing in moisturising oils  -  makes you feel as happy and energised as if you've had a brisk walk. You have just massaged your whole body 3 times over without  even thinking about it!  An excellent workout for the lymphatic system which has no pump of its own to move that healing fluid around the body.

Idea

THE Lymphatic System operates in a similar manner to the Circulatory System...

IT DOES not work in "exactly" the same way..
Not by long shot.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:50 am

Didge wrote:

Really?

Researchers are now focused on two promising types of immunotherapy. One creates a new, individualized treatment for each patient by removing some of the person’s immune cells, altering them genetically to kill cancer and then infusing them back into the bloodstream. This treatment has produced long remissions in a few hundred children and adults with deadly forms of leukemia or lymphoma for whom standard treatments had failed.

The second approach, far more widely used and the one Mr. Cara tried, involves mass-produced drugs that do not have to be tailored to each patient. The drugs free immune cells to fight cancer by blocking a mechanism — called a checkpoint — that cancer uses to shut down the immune system.

Nothing worse than two people who have not got a single clue, making the same unfounded claims

Smile

TOO TRUE,  Didge...

I have more knowledge in these health/fitness/science matters in my little toe, than eddie, HT (and VoD) have combined..

Yet not only do we constantly see them misrepresenting the research in articles like this, while pushing  their own warped, disproven and mischieveous naturopathic/homeopathic quackery at the same time --   but just watch how often you, me, Quill or veya have been attacked by them and a couple of the sisterhood, when they have been called out on their lies, and usually proven wrong !
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:07 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Didge wrote:

Really?

Smile

TOO TRUE,  Didge...

I have more knowledge in these health/fitness/science matters in my little toe, than eddie, HT (and VoD) have combined..

Yet not only do we constantly see them misrepresenting the research in articles like this, while pushing  their own warped, disproven and mischieveous naturopathic/homeopathic quackery at the same time --   but just watch how often you, me, Quill or veya have been attacked by them and a couple of the sisterhood, when they have been called out on their lies, and usually proven wrong !

Have a thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:58 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Didge wrote:

Really?

Smile

TOO TRUE,  Didge...

Are you saying I'm this VoD character? You're wrong, so please stop insinuating that I am.

You'll also notice that I don't attack anyone unless they start on me first, and I've never 'attacked' anyone on here about their views on this subject matter, nor have I ever stated that holistic practices cure cancer. What I do know is that the country's biggest cancer hospital, The Christie, do have a holistic unit and that what takes place in there matters very much to both patients and carers of those with cancer. I know because I worked there.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:07 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Smile

TOO TRUE,  Didge...

Are you saying I'm this VoD character?   You're wrong, so please stop insinuating that I am.  

You'll also notice that I don't attack anyone unless they start on me first, and I've never 'attacked' anyone on here about their views on this subject matter, nor have I ever stated that holistic practices cure cancer.   What I do know is that the country's biggest cancer hospital, The Christie, do have a holistic unit and that what takes place in there matters very much to both patients and carers of those with cancer.   I know because  I worked there.

He said HT (and Vod) placing her name brackets I asume as she in no longer here
That is stipulating two people.
So you jumped to the wrong conclusion, just as both Eddie and 4ever did by failing to actually read the article.
So if people propose poor views where I even had one tell me one of my family made a good decison when they died through being mislead, then people will become frustrated that others are doing the same.
Wolf may have his faults but knows more about biology more than most on here and it would pay you good stead to listen to that.
Just as it would for him to listen to your experinces at the Hospital

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:03 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Didge wrote:

Really?

Smile

TOO TRUE,  Didge...

Here you go again. Jumping into a thread and adding nothing but slander to people.

Take a big hint: DON'T DO IT.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:19 pm

4EVER2 wrote:

What is this Eddie?

You allow this to pass as you were both wrongly assuming you were right and were more interested in hoping I was wrong than any interest in the article.
You have no justifcation to say anything to wolf when you were complicit to this by responding to the above which was wrong and completely more interested as stated to start a confrontation.
Again balance.
So take a hint don;t do it yourself

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:23 pm

Didge wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Are you saying I'm this VoD character?   You're wrong, so please stop insinuating that I am.  

You'll also notice that I don't attack anyone unless they start on me first, and I've never 'attacked' anyone on here about their views on this subject matter, nor have I ever stated that holistic practices cure cancer.   What I do know is that the country's biggest cancer hospital, The Christie, do have a holistic unit and that what takes place in there matters very much to both patients and carers of those with cancer.   I know because  I worked there.

So you jumped to the wrong conclusion, just as both Eddie and 4ever did by failing to actually read the article.
So if people propose poor views where I even had one tell me one of my family made a good decison when they died through being mislead, then people will become frustrated that others are doing the same.
Wolf may have his faults but knows more about biology more than most on here and it would pay you good stead to listen to that.

I did not say that your family member made a 'good decision' in the thread you're referring to and yet you attacked me for implying it.
Read it again here, and tell me where I say that or even mention your brother in that context.  You can see clearly that I'm referring to my own relative, my mother, and my own experience.

Sorry to hear about your brother, Didge, that's a tough call, and it must have been hell for you. I totally understand your anger, I would be the same. I lost someone to cancer because they decided to die naturally from the disease, and whilst at the time I was angry and baffled as to why, I eventually accepted that that was the personal choice being made and it wasn't my life to make that choice with. It took me a long time to get my head round it but having seen several people die badly in spite of chemo and radiotherapy I can now also understand the reasoning behind that person's choice. Whilst, I believe that once you have cancer, natural remedies are too little too late, I do believe that preventative food and lifestyles are for real.

If Wolfie doesn't think I'm VoD, then he needs to stop attaching that name to mine, as he's done on previous threads.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:26 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Didge wrote:

I did not say that your family member made a 'good decision' in the thread you're referring to.  
Read it again here, and tell me where I say that or even mention your brother in that context.  You can see clearly that I'm referring to my own relative, my mother, and my own experience.

Sorry to hear about your brother, Didge, that's a tough call, and it must have been hell for you. I totally understand your anger, I would be the same. I lost someone to cancer because they decided to die naturally from the disease, and whilst at the time I was angry and baffled as to why, I eventually accepted that that was the personal choice being made and it wasn't my life to make that choice with. It took me a long time to get my head round it but having seen several people die badly in spite of chemo and radiotherapy I can now also understand the reasoning behind that person's choice. Whilst, I believe that once you have cancer, natural remedies are too little too late, I do believe that preventative food and lifestyles are for real.

If Wolfie doesn't think I'm VoD, then he needs to stop attaching that name to mine, as he's done on previous threads.  

I never claimed you did, I said a poster, again you have mistaken what I stated horatio
Here is what I said:
He did not attached it to yours, there is an and between your names
You are being over sensitive because you have a dislike of the poster and are now paranoid to anything written with your name taking a wrong association. Its easily done, but you just did it again

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:47 pm

Didge wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I did not say that your family member made a 'good decision' in the thread you're referring to.  

I never claimed you did, I said a poster, again you have mistaken what I stated horatio
Here is what I said:
You are being over sensitive because you have a dislike of the poster and are now paranoid to anything written with your name taking a wrong association. Its easily done, but you just did it again

Not at all sensitive. Wolfie has consistently called me vile names since I started posting on here. What other conclusion am I to come to other than he thinks I'm someone else he has a grudge against? You, yourself, thought I was more than one person on here not so long ago. Have you forgotten that?

Your reply to me in that thread was defensive. BTW, who said one of your family made a good decision?

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:01 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Didge wrote:

Here is what I said:

Not at all sensitive. Wolfie has consistently called me vile names since I started posting on here.     What other conclusion am I to come to other than he thinks I'm someone else he has a grudge against?    You, yourself,  thought I was more than one person on here not so long ago.  Have you forgotten that?

Your reply to me in that thread was defensive.   BTW, who said one of your family made a good decision?  

You have not exactly been nice to me at times horatio and visa versa.
Again I am not concerned at the name calling, I am merely point out the unbalance at times
But if you dish out and cannot take it back, then that is poor to say the least
What did you say in regards to forgiveness earlier and being able to move on?
It takes the better person to make the first move to build bridges.
Holding a grude as you are both doing is not achieving anything is it, no matter where the cause is coming from.
Arguments require both to continue to fuel the situation.
I did think you were someone else and then what did I do, I then change tract with you.
I already said its easily to be mistaken and I have no problem admitting to doing the same.

So if it helps I am sorry for wrongly assuming you were someone else

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:12 pm

Didge wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Not at all sensitive. Wolfie has consistently called me vile names since I started posting on here.     What other conclusion am I to come to other than he thinks I'm someone else he has a grudge against?    You, yourself,  thought I was more than one person on here not so long ago.  Have you forgotten that?

Your reply to me in that thread was defensive.   BTW, who said one of your family made a good decision?  

You have not exactly been nice to me at times horatio and visa versa.
Again I am not concerned at the name calling, I am merely point out the unbalance at times
But if you dish out and cannot take it back, then that is poor to say the least
What did you say in regards to forgiveness earlier and being able to move on?
It takes the better person to make the first move to build bridges.
Holding a grude as you are both doing is not achieving anything is it, no matter where the cause is coming from.
Arguments require both to continue to fuel the situation.
I did think you were someone else and then what did I do, I then change tract with you.
I already said its easily to be mistaken and I have no problem admitting to doing the same.

So if it helps I am sorry for wrongly assuming you were someone else

I don't hold grudges. You won't see me dragging a grudge around the forum like some do on here. I'm quite happy to converse with anyone quite amiably in any thread regardless of what they've called me, or vice versa. If I held grudges I wouldn't be posting to you now.

That doesn't mean I don't get weary of people's shit, and when I do, I usually ignore them. If they start on me, I'll give it back, depending on what kind of mood I'm in.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:16 pm

Then if I am wrong on you holding a grudge with wolf, then why not buld bridges between yourselves.
What have you got to lose and it will be better for both of you going forward.
I also say the same to him also, as deep down the guy is alright, no matter what you may think

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:50 pm

Didge wrote:Then if I am wrong on you holding a grudge with wolf, then why not buld bridges between yourselves.
What have you got to lose and it will be better for both of you going forward.
I also say the same to him also, as deep down the guy is alright, no matter what you may think

It's not me going around calling him a liar and a bigot, a fuckwit and racist white trash. If he calls me names like that, he's going to get some names back. I'm sure he's a regular guy who wouldn't hurt a fly. Aren't we all?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:59 pm

Then you are still holding a grudge and i was correct.
You made out I was literally femine based on the emotions how some women act on periods. Again it was nothing but still you attack the very aspect of what it could mean to be masculine to some males. Again that does not bother me, but you did try to get at what you perceived would annoy or even anger someone.
I though have apologised and have no reservations for how I wrongly accused you of being someone else.
So what is stopping you doing the same and proving me wrong?
At present you are only proving to me, you are holding a grudge.
Should you apologise to each other?
Yes

To me?

No

As I do not require such requirements of people

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:08 pm

Didge wrote:Then you are still holding a grudge and i was correct.
You made out I was literally femine based on the emotions how some women act on periods. Again it was nothing but still you attack the very aspect of what it could mean to be masculine to some males. Again that does not bother me, but you did try to get at what you perceived would annoy or even anger someone.
I though have apologised and have no reservations for how I wrongly accused you of being someone else.
Yes

To me?

No

I don't really give a fiddler's fuck what you think. As always you are just spouting your usual patronising crescent moon mind sludge. Someone on here kind of nailed you when they said you have a roomful of certificates no one but you can see. Your pomposity knows no bounds, you self aggrandizing twerp.

Harnessing the Immune System to Fight Cancer Happy-smiley32

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:18 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Didge wrote:Then you are still holding a grudge and i was correct.
Yes

To me?

No

I don't really give a fiddler's fuck what you think.   As always you are just spouting your usual  patronising crescent moon mind sludge.   Someone on here kind of nailed you when they said you have a roomful of certificates no one but you  can see.   Your pomposity knows no bounds, you self aggrandizing twerp.    

You see you act wrongly all defensively as i am only trying to help and again you become abusive. When you are talking to someone who understands very well the human mind.
What you just said were mere words and meaningless to me, they are only of meaning to you.
They are only of worth to you, because again your thought pattern here is based around negative emotions.
If you really did not care, you would have no reason even to reply to me.
I do care about you. Hence why I do reply.
So who out of the two of us is looking bad here, just because I only asked you to attempt to build bridges?
What did you do? You allowed a brick wall to form again in front of you as a defense mechanism and spout what I can only describe as very infantile words thrown.
If that makes you feel better, what does that really say about you Horatio?
I am nothing more than someone who has my faults that I recognise, but if you think that trying to help build bridges is some sort of crime, then you clearly hold grudges. Not only against wolf, but just proven against me.

I live in the hope you can move on past this

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:29 pm

One last thing hoartio.
I am not always right, but it seems to piss off people no end when I am.
The question to ask yourself, is why be so annoyed to be just as you acted again now, if you believe I am wrong. Mainly people who have a raw nerve hit based on hearing the truth they do not like, tend to react defensively with abuse.

My faults stem from frustration at people when they fail to grasp things.
I am trying to work on that all the time
Maybe you should try the same with how you wrongly react to people only out to try and help.
If you do not need my help, that is fine also

All the best

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:33 pm

Didge wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I don't really give a fiddler's fuck what you think.   As always you are just spouting your usual  patronising crescent moon mind sludge.   Someone on here kind of nailed you when they said you have a roomful of certificates no one but you  can see.   Your pomposity knows no bounds, you self aggrandizing twerp.    

You see you act wrongly all defensively as i am only trying to help and again you become abusive. When you are talking to someone who understands very well the human mind.
What you just said were mere words and meaningless to me, they are only of meaning to you.
They are only of worth to you, because again your thought pattern here is based around negative emotions.
So who out of the two of us is looking bad here, just because I only asked you to attempt to build bridges?
What did you do? You allowed a brick wall to form again in front of you as a defense mechanism and spout what I can only describe as very infantile words thrown.
I am nothing more than someone who has my faults that I recognise, but if you think that trying to help build bridges is some sort of crime, then you clearly hold grudges. Not only against wolf, but just proven against me.

You know that smiley thing? It's me laughing at you. That's why I put it beneath my post, just so you'd not take it too seriously. It's good to see you in sanctimonious mode, I feel the love, I really do.

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:35 pm

Didge wrote:One last thing hoartio.
I am not always right, but it seems to piss off people no end when I am.
The question to ask yourself, is why be so annoyed to be just as you acted again now, if you believe I am wrong. Mainly people who have a raw nerve hit based on hearing the truth they do not like, tend to react defensively with abuse.

My faults stem from frustration at people when they fail to grasp things.
I am trying to work on that all the time

Maybe you should try the same with how you wrongly react to people only out to try and help.
If you do not need my help, that is fine also

All the best

Harnessing the Immune System to Fight Cancer Happy-smiley05

With a full moon imminent, you'll forgive my wariness when it comes to you 'helping me out'.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:37 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Didge wrote:

You know that smiley thing?   It's me laughing at you.   That's why I put it beneath my post, just so you'd not take it too seriously.   It's good to see you in sanctimonious mode, I feel the love, I really do.

If you are laughing at me, then that laughing is being cuased by negative emotions in defense of yourself.
You see I am not being sanctimonious.
Did I not try at reach out to both of you to build bridges.
You took that as an insult?
Its easy to see why?
Because you do not like people telling you when you are acting poorly and will then naturally act defensivelly.
I understand that as many people do.
So if you feel the love, how can you laugh at someone, when you claim you feel the love?
Is not love all around?

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:38 pm

Didge wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

You know that smiley thing?   It's me laughing at you.   That's why I put it beneath my post, just so you'd not take it too seriously.   It's good to see you in sanctimonious mode, I feel the love, I really do.

If you are laughing at me, then that laughing is being cuased by negative emotions in defense of yourself.
Its easy to see why?
Because you do not like people telling you when you are acting poorly and will then naturally act defensivelly.
So if you feel the love, how can you laugh at someone you feel the love?
Is not love all around?

This post just highlights your failure to grasp one fundamental thing here. This is a forum, not real life.

Rolling Eyes
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:43 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Didge wrote:

Its easy to see why?
So if you feel the love, how can you laugh at someone you feel the love?
Is not love all around?

This post just highlights your failure to grasp one fundamental thing here.   This is a forum, not real life.

Rolling Eyes

But you are real are you not horatio?

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:47 pm

Didge wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

This post just highlights your failure to grasp one fundamental thing here.   This is a forum, not real life.

Rolling Eyes

Am I? How do you know? I could be anyone, or no one. I'm certainly not someone you've met.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:49 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Didge wrote:

Am I?  How do you know?   I could be anyone, or no one.  I'm certainly not someone you've met.  

You see I never said i know you, I just asked if you were real or not, which of course you are.

You are not a Bot are you?

It does not matter who you are

What matters is how you are still not able to move on.

Close that chapter and move on with your life

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Didge wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Am I?  How do you know?   I could be anyone, or no one.  I'm certainly not someone you've met.  

You see I never said i know you, I just asked if you were real or not, which of course you are.

The fact that you even ask if I'm real, suggests you think forum life is real. Are forums your life?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:55 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Didge wrote:

The fact that you even ask if I'm real, suggests you think forum life is real.  Are forums your life?  

I never did, I only answered off your perception to this point.

I know you are real, when you went off this is not real life, when it is, as we are interacting.

Are forums my life?

They are a part of my life, just as they are for you, otherwise you would not be here, would you not?

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:02 pm

Didge wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

The fact that you even ask if I'm real, suggests you think forum life is real.  Are forums your life?  

I know you are real, when you went off this is not real life, when it is, as we are interacting.

Are forums my life?

They are a part of my life, just as they are for you, otherwise you would not be here, would you not?

Interacting on a forum is not real life. It's a totally false environment. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to get out more. Forums and all things on line should not be someone's idea of 'real life'. It's easy to get sucked in and think of it as a place where people can be trusted and friendships nurtured, but that's often not the case.

I'm here, like most of us, because it amuses me to do so.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:05 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Didge wrote:

Are forums my life?

Interacting on a forum is not real life.  It's a totally false environment.  Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to get out more.  Forums and all things on line should not be someone's idea of 'real life'.   It's easy to get sucked in and think of it as a place where people can be trusted and friendships nurtured, but that's often not the case.  

If you think its false, then why are you allowing emotions to rule how you are acting?
That is real life, even behind a PC
Do you not think talking on the phone now to a friend is real life?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:07 pm

Also it has nothing to do with amusement why you are here

You like to talk about things that we all think about.

If you wanted amusment, most people watch something like a comedy.

If you seek amusement off others on here, what does that say about you again?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:42 pm

Sleep what did I miss?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:43 pm

eddie wrote:Sleep what did I miss?

Well I was trying to help build bridges, just as i did by sending you a PM earlier

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:40 pm

Didge wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Interacting on a forum is not real life.  It's a totally false environment.  Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to get out more.  Forums and all things on line should not be someone's idea of 'real life'.   It's easy to get sucked in and think of it as a place where people can be trusted and friendships nurtured, but that's often not the case.  

If you think its false, then why are you allowing emotions to rule how you are acting?
That is real life, even behind a PC
Do you not think talking on the phone now to a friend is real life?

I know my friends in real life. That's why they're my friends.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:41 pm

Sparkling repartee.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:42 pm

Didge wrote:

Well I was trying to help build bridges, just as i did by sending you a PM earlier

Stick to doing what you do best.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:45 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Didge wrote:

I am, as what I do best is helping others.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:23 pm

Didge wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I am, as what I do best is helping others.

I rest my case!

Harnessing the Immune System to Fight Cancer Happy-smiley02
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next