NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Belgian priest stabbed in his home after refusing to give cash to Possibly an (my emphasis) 'asylum seeker'

Go down

Belgian priest stabbed in his home after refusing to give cash to Possibly an (my emphasis)  'asylum seeker' Empty Belgian priest stabbed in his home after refusing to give cash to Possibly an (my emphasis) 'asylum seeker'

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:17 am

A priest was reportedly stabbed in his own home when he refused to give money to a man claiming to be an asylum seeker who had asked to use his shower.  Father Jos Vanderlee, a 65-year-old priest in the north east Belgian town of Lanaken, was rushed to hospital with hand and tendon injuries.  He is expected to make a full recovery.  According to local newspaper Het Nieuwsblad, a man who said he was an asylum seeker knocked on the vicar's door  on Sunday and asked if he could use the shower.

Father Vanderlee agreed and let the man inside – but after showering he is said to have demanded money from the priest.

When Father Vanderlee refused, the man allegedly stabbed him before fleeing the scene.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/01/belgian-priest-stabbed-in-his-home-after-refusing-to-give-cash-t/

Back to top Go down