NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Petition against Katie Hopkins: make a public apology to the Autism community

+4
nicko
Raggamuffin
Andy
eddie
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Petition against Katie Hopkins: make a public apology to the Autism community - Page 2 Empty Petition against Katie Hopkins: make a public apology to the Autism community

Post by eddie Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

"make a public apology to the Autism community"

Petition against Katie Hopkins: make a public apology to the Autism community - Page 2 Image85

Katie Hopkins upsets the Autism community by her recent tweets this month on Aprils Autism Awareness month, I've been inundated with tweet's from parents and people on the spectrum
"ED STOP LOOKING AT US, you are weird. look at people not a machine, try to ACT off the Spectrum".
(quite insulting and offensive to those on the ASD Spectrum)
and other tweets she refers to on the SPECTRUM
update
Katie was tweeting throughout Channel 4’s new show, Born Naughty?, where nine-year-old Honey was diagnosed with mild autism, she said: "Honey can't complete the autism assessment as she is too busy being a complete t***. But the s*** mum assessment is complete #bornnaughty," Katie tweeted.
She later appeared to call the child a farm animal, in a post that has been favourited over 100 times: “Honey is completing a story about three little pigs. She identifies strongly with this animal #bornnaughty”.

we want an apology Katie Hopkins

https://www.change.org/p/katie-hopkins-make-a-public-apology-too-the-autism-community?recruiter=51945486&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_facebook_responsive&utm_term=mob-xs-no_src-no_msg

THE PETITION IS NOW CLOSED.

This isn't a new story but I felt it important to talk about.
Thoughts?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Petition against Katie Hopkins: make a public apology to the Autism community - Page 2 Empty Re: Petition against Katie Hopkins: make a public apology to the Autism community

Post by eddie Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:12 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:Yeah HA I read them...and?

Some of them are funny and probably carry an element of truth if I'm honest.

I love this one:

"I really think if you have a tattoo you have to wonder about what kind of future you have ahead of you"

I'm going to ask my friends with tattoos what kind of future they have ahead of them. Laughing

This one's good too.

"I don’t really understand what the attraction is with Kim, she is one large bottom" Laughing

Exactly! Most people look at Kim Kardashian and think she's ridiculous and they'll say so to their husbands over morning tea and toast whilst reading the paper....difference is, Hopkins said it publically.
On this occasion, at least, she said what I was thinking! The woman is just a stupid huge arse married to an even bigger arse and her kid has a stupid name.

There you go. Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Petition against Katie Hopkins: make a public apology to the Autism community - Page 2 Empty Re: Petition against Katie Hopkins: make a public apology to the Autism community

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:13 pm

Handy Andy wrote:
eddie wrote:Yeah HA I read them...and?

Some of them are funny and probably carry an element of truth if I'm honest.
Not sure using ebola as an effective contraception  is that amusing. A least not to the bereaved families.

I don't think she mentioned contraception. She was talking about population growth.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:14 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I love this one:

"I really think if you have a tattoo you have to wonder about what kind of future you have ahead of you"

I'm going to ask my friends with tattoos what kind of future they have ahead of them. Laughing

This one's good too.

"I don’t really understand what the attraction is with Kim, she is one large bottom" Laughing

Exactly! Most people look at Kim Kardashian and think she's ridiculous and they'll say so to their husbands over morning tea and toast whilst reading the paper....difference is, Hopkins said it publically.
On this occasion, at least, she said what I was thinking! The woman is just a stupid huge arse married to an even bigger arse  and her kid has a stupid name.

But remarks like that aren't the problem are they.   Saying babies with deformaties or handicaps should be put down etc is the problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:17 pm

Yes I wouldn't say that becasue I don't believe that's true.
But I can tell you that I have read stories where people have gone ahead with pregnancies even knowing that the child will be "half-dead" for its whole life, having no life to speak of, and I think "Who did you have that baby for?"

It's selfish.
You'd put a dog down if it was like that.

Would I be harassed for thinking that?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:17 pm

sassy wrote:
eddie wrote:

On this occasion, at least, she said what I was thinking! The woman is just a stupid huge arse married to an even bigger arse  and her kid has a stupid name.

But remarks like that aren't the problem are they.   Saying babies with deformaties or handicaps should be put down etc is the problem.

What did she actually say? There's nothing about that in the link HA posted.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:23 pm

eddie wrote:Yes I wouldn't say that becasue I don't believe that's true.
But I can tell you that I have read stories where people have gone ahead with pregnancies even knowing that the child will be "half-dead" for its whole life, having no life to speak of, and I think "Who did you have that baby for?"

It's selfish.
You'd put a dog down if it was like that.

Would I be harassed for thinking that?

I don't think that's the same as looking at a child that is born with a handicap and thinking it should never have been born though.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:28 pm

So what did she actually say? Anyone?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:30 pm

I don't know....cant stand watching her. Razz

I did once see her say she would not allow her daughter to play with anyone with a common name. Apparently kids with common names??? will come from families of a lesser class (probably a council estate) than she wants her kids to come into contact with.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:31 pm

Syl wrote:I don't know....cant stand watching her. Razz

I did once see her say she would not allow her daughter to play with anyone with a common name. Apparently kids with common names??? will come from families of a lesser class (probably a council estate) than she wants her kids to come into contact with.

So you don't know what she said about handicapped people then?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:34 pm

The thing about the names was funny though, considering the names she gave her own children. She said she didn't like geographical names like "Brooklyn" but she called her own daughter "India". Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:34 pm

One of her children is called India. Petition against Katie Hopkins: make a public apology to the Autism community - Page 2 2190311264
I would've thought that'd be one of the names she was objecting too.

And no rags, you'll have to Google it, sorry. I don't know.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:41 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

So you don't know what she said about handicapped people then?

I know enough to think she is vile. I also saw her on CBB a couple of years ago and she confirmed it every night.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/katie-hopkins-sparks-outrage-after-6534436

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:47 pm

eddie wrote:

One of her children is called India. Petition against Katie Hopkins: make a public apology to the Autism community - Page 2 2190311264
I would've thought that'd be one of the names she was objecting too.

And no rags, you'll have to Google it, sorry. I don't know.

I have googled it, and I can't find what HA was referring to.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:52 pm

I posted a link above....
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:55 pm

Rags, it's in Syl's link.

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:03 pm

So she said it was cruel if a baby had half a head.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:06 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:So she said it was cruel if a baby had half a head.

Yes basically.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:07 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:So she said it was cruel if a baby had half a head.

Yes basically.

The baby wasn't expected to live though, so she was commenting on that.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:10 pm

Rags don't ask me. I don't care what people say, people are allowed to say what they want.
I think loads of people are mean about others in their heads (and on here let's not forget!!) and yet they think it's okay if you don't say it, like it makes you a better person.
It doesn't.

I say you should own what you think.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:13 pm

No she didn't say that.
She said "Plain wrong, if your baby has half a head you don't have it"

There were concerns during the pregnancy and the parents had the option of having the baby aborted or carrying full term.
Dr's said it was an 'unknown issue' how badly the baby could be affected....they had no way of knowing what was wrong or what to expect, but were assured by the Dr's that the baby was not in pain.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:13 pm

If that's what HA was referring to, I think he exaggerated.

A few weeks ago she said that babies born with clear disabilities should destroyed ffs!
Hitler did that.

That's not what she said.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:14 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:

Yes basically.

Not according to the article posted Rags.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:14 pm

Syl wrote:No she didn't say that.

There were concerns during the pregnancy and the parents had the option of having the baby aborted or carrying full term.
Dr's said it was an 'unknown issue' how badly the baby could be affected....they had no way of knowing what was wrong or what to expect, but were assured by the Dr's that the baby was not in pain.

Loads of people say that babies with a severe disability shouldn't be born because it's cruel. Doctors expected the baby to die within a few days.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:16 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Not according to the article posted Rags.

Well I researched it some more, and that's what they said. In fact, they thought he might die at the time of birth.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:18 pm

eddie wrote:Rags don't ask me. I don't care what people say, people are allowed to say what they want.
I think loads of people are mean about others in their heads (and on here let's not forget!!) and yet they think it's okay if you don't say it, like it makes you a better person.
It doesn't.

I say you should own what you think.

Eddie, if you had a handicapped child, or a disabled husband or parent, and some arsehole came up to you and said that person would be better off dead....would you still feel the same?
Because that's exactly on a par with what Katie Price has said.

If they think it that's their problem. if they say it it makes it your problem, because I don't believe anyone could hear that and dismiss it without a care..
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:21 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:No she didn't say that.

Loads of people say that babies with a severe disability shouldn't be born because it's cruel. Doctors expected the baby to die within a few days.

Well I believe that if babies are known to have severe life changing deformities in the womb abortion should be considered too.
But that's not what she said is it?
The articles I have read about this case say the Dr's had no way of knowing how badly the baby would be affected....do you have a link?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:24 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Well I believe  that if babies are known to have severe life changing deformities in the womb abortion should be considered too.
The articles I have read about this case say the Dr's had no way of knowing how badly the baby would be affected....do you have a link?

It's pretty much what she said actually. The baby was born with microhydranencephaly - that's a severe disability.

The mother was advised to terminate the pregnancy too.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/florida-miracle-baby-born-brain-beating-odds/story?id=34582421
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:34 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

Well I believe  that if babies are known to have severe life changing deformities in the womb abortion should be considered too.

It's pretty much what she said actually. The baby was born with microhydranencephaly - that's a severe disability.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/florida-miracle-baby-born-brain-beating-odds/story?id=34582421

No one advised a termination. The parents had the option to terminate later than normal if they chose to....they were not advised one way or the other.
The Dr's first wrongly diagnosed Spina bifida in the womb...it was only after the baby turned one year old that his condition was properly diagnosed.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:47 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

No one advised a termination. The parents had the option to terminate later than normal if they chose to....they were not advised one way or the other.
The Dr's first wrongly diagnosed Spina bifida in the womb...it was only after the baby turned one year old that his condition was properly diagnosed.

Oh please - it depends on which article you read. Some say they were offered the option, some say a termination was recommended, and some say that a termination was suggested. Please do your own research. The condition he has is more severe than spina bifida.

Anyway, it's the opinion of some people that such babies will not have a good quality of life - KH just voiced it.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:53 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

Oh please - it depends on which article you read. Some say they were offered the option, some say a termination was recommended, and some say that a termination was suggested. Please do your own research. The condition he has is more severe than spina bifida.

Anyway, it's the opinion of some people that such babies will not have a good quality of life - KH just voiced it.

I have read a few different articles...the choice of a termination was mentioned by medical staff....no mention of the parents being advised in the articles I have read.

Rags.....his condition was not known till he was one year old. The Dr's said it was an unknown issue as to what was wrong and what to expect after the baby was born.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:00 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I have read a few different articles...the choice of a termination was mentioned by medical staff....no mention of the parents being advised in the articles I have read.

Rags.....his condition was not known till he was one year old. The Dr's said it was an unknown issue as to what was wrong and what to expect after the baby was born.

Does it matter? They were given the option or whatever - ie, the baby was known to be disabled before he was born. KH didn't say the baby should be killed after he was born or anything - as was claimed.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:04 pm

It matters because she judged the parents for having him....or 'IT' as she called him.
The parents had no idea how badly he would be disabled....they deserve empathy not harsh words from this excuse for a woman.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:05 pm

Medical professionals suggested terminating the pregnancy because Jaxon was at a high risk of dying in the womb or being still born.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/lake/os-jaxon-strong-half-brain-first-christmas-20151224-story.html

His remarkable development means all the more to doting parents Brandon and Brittany because they turned down medical advice to have an abortion before he was born.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/608721/Jaxon-Buell-baby-half-head-first-birthday

The couple was advised to terminate.

http://liveactionnews.org/tag/jaxon-buell/
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:06 pm

Syl wrote:It matters because she judged the parents for having him....or 'IT' as she called him.
The parents had no idea how badly he would be disabled....they deserve empathy not harsh words from this excuse for a woman.

She didn't mention the specific baby - so she said "it". Does it matter?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:11 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Medical professionals suggested terminating the pregnancy because Jaxon was at a high risk of dying in the womb or being still born.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/lake/os-jaxon-strong-half-brain-first-christmas-20151224-story.html

His remarkable development means all the more to doting parents Brandon and Brittany because they turned down medical advice to have an abortion before he was born.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/608721/Jaxon-Buell-baby-half-head-first-birthday

The couple was advised to terminate.

Like you said it depends which articles you read.
In others the word termination was gently or tentatively mentioned by specialist medical staff.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:15 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:It matters because she judged the parents for having him....or 'IT' as she called him.

What?? She said the remarks alongside a picture of him.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:16 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Like you said it depends which articles you read.
In others the word termination was gently or tentatively mentioned by specialist medical staff.

You said you couldn't find any articles where it said they were advised to have a termination, so I found some.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:17 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Yes, but she was speaking generally.

Plain wrong. If your baby has half a head, you don't have it.

She was talking about a baby generally.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:17 pm

"A name, for me, is a short way of working out what class that child comes from. Do I want my child to play with them?"
"'Hi, this is my daughter Charmaine'. I hear: 'Hi, I am thick and ignorant'."

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:18 pm

Katie Hopkins ✔ @KTHopkins
Children are named according to their parents intelligence. They are a social marker, an indicator of vocab, manners, ability, respect.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:18 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

"A name, for me, is a short way of working out what class that child comes from. Do I want my child to play with them?"
"'Hi, this is my daughter Charmaine'. I hear: 'Hi, I am thick and ignorant'."

Well I laughed. Laughing

Sorry. Embarassed
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:19 pm

On working women:
"I think women are really vicious in the work place, they’re really jealous, really competitive. Women are emotional, they cry in toilets. The sisterhood only extends as far as the kitchen door. Men talk in logic and rational terms, they don’t squark and make a noise."
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:20 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

Plain wrong. If your baby has half a head, you don't have it.

Oh Bollox Rags....she posted her remarks next to this babies picture, she also posted the comment "cruel and inhumane".
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:21 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:On working women:
"I think women are really vicious in the work place, they’re really jealous, really competitive. Women are emotional, they cry in toilets. The sisterhood only extends as far as the kitchen door. Men talk in logic and rational terms, they don’t squark and make a noise."

Laughing

I work with mostly women, and I'm not offended by that.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:22 pm

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:22 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Oh Bollox Rags....she posted her remarks next to this babies picture, she also posted the comment "cruel and inhumane".

Because she thinks it's cruel for a person to go through life with half a head.

She said - "if your baby has half a head" meaning anyone who has a baby with half a head.

Look, nobody is claiming that she's PC or diplomatic in any way, but I think the incident has been exaggerated somewhat.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:23 pm

She doesn't like women though, she obviously feels threatened by them.

Comments like that are general , not to be taken seriously by her....unlike the comments she made about little Jaxon and his parents.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:25 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

Just stopping at the start of that, she had a job for six hours a week, and she couldn't get there on time?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:28 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

Because she thinks it's cruel for a person to go through life with half a head.

She said - "if your baby has half a head" meaning anyone who has a baby with half a head.

Look, nobody is claiming that she's PC or diplomatic in any way, but I think the incident has been exaggerated somewhat.

You didn't finish her quote. She said "If your baby has half a head you don't have it".....blaming the parents for giving birth.
As they had no idea how badly the baby would be affected her words are cruel in the extreme.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:34 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

Laughing

I work with mostly women, and I'm not offended by that.

I've worked in both all female and all male work places, and I have to say, I mostly preferred working with men.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next