NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post who you vote for!

5 posters

Go down

Post who you vote for! Empty Post who you vote for!

Post by Guest Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:52 pm

Fine Gael.

Back to top Go down

Post who you vote for! Empty Re: Post who you vote for!

Post by Guest Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:56 pm

краљица од Хартс wrote:Fine Gael.

Labour.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:00 pm

I'd bet money on all the 'Murricans here voting Democrat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:03 pm

Huh?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:04 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:Huh?

Post the name of the political party in your country that you vote for.

I vote Fine Gael.
Phil votes Labour.
etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:04 pm

Labour of course!Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:33 pm

Greens
In Australia
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:35 pm

краљица од Хартс wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:Huh?

I vote Fine Gael.
Phil votes Labour.
etc.

Oh.  Never heard of them.

I'll leave it till i'm in the booth - then I'll reveal who I vote for.

edit: don't even know who's gonna be on there yet - there could be some surprises.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:41 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
краљица од Хартс wrote:

I vote Fine Gael.
Phil votes Labour.
etc.

edit:  don't even know who's gonna be on there yet - there could be some surprises.

Fine Gael is the largest party in the Oireachtas (Parliament).
An Taoiseach (Prime Minister) Enda Kenny is their current party leader.
They've been around since 1933.
Centre-right politically.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:46 pm

краљица од Хартс wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

edit:  don't even know who's gonna be on there yet - there could be some surprises.

An Taoiseach (Prime Minister)  Enda Kenny is their current party leader.

Never taken any interest in Nigerian politics.

Hope they win for you though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:47 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
краљица од Хартс wrote:

An Taoiseach (Prime Minister)  Enda Kenny is their current party leader.

Still pissy because I was mean to you in the Falklands thread?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:51 pm

Joy Division wrote:Labour of course!Smile

Doug was never political at all....Hardly ever voted in his life, but he did help me out, on the campaign trail in the past!  Cool 

...He used to hate me putting on political programs, like QT, now he is glued to the set....I think that many people in the firing line of this awful Lib/Con coaltion are getting more interested in politics, now that their lives are being put at risk.

As i have said to him....Many aren't in the situation, where our future is secured.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:51 pm

краљица од Хартс wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Still pissy because I was mean to you in the Falklands thread?

lol ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:55 pm

Catman wrote:
Joy Division wrote:Labour of course!Smile

Doug was never political at all....Hardly ever voted in his life, but he did help me out, on the campaign trail in the past!  Cool 

...He used to hate me putting on political programs, like QT, now he is glued to the set....I think that many people in the firing line of this awful Lib/Con coaltion are getting more interested in politics, now that their lives are being put at risk.

As i have said to him....Many aren't in the situation, where our future is secured.

That's so true Mr Catman.

I too have noticed that those who voted Labour in the past have never been interested in politics and were completely clueless for what they were voting for, just choosing to copy their fathers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:12 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
Catman wrote:

That's so true Mr Catman.

I too have noticed that those who voted Labour in the past have never been interested in politics and were completely clueless for what they were voting for, just choosing to copy their fathers.

Well, i've always been quite political, since i was knee high.

OK...I left school, after doing the lower sixth form....At least i got an 'O' level in politics.

I went out to work, because my mum was a single mother...The extra income was very important you see!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:43 am

I actually voted Green until Bush won. Then I realized that as much as I wanted to support an agenda to the left of that of the Democrats, the Democrats were the only party with the hope of keeping the likes of George W. Bush out of office.

I find that in general, in the U.S. at least, those on the left are far more capable of putting differences aside or accepting changes that might not be as drastic as we'd hoped. For example, I would have far preferred a single-payer health care system to Obamacare, but since the real choices were either what we had or Obamacare, I gladly supported Obama's reforms.

I don't reflexively decide that everything Republicans have to say is wrong, just because they're Republicans, however. I think the issues through and consider what they have to say -- I just find myself disagreeing with the vast majority of it, once I'm done learning about the issue and thinking it through.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Original Quill Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:57 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I actually voted Green until Bush won. Then I realized that as much as I wanted to support an agenda to the left of that of the Democrats, the Democrats were the only party with the hope of keeping the likes of George W. Bush out of office.

I find that in general, in the U.S. at least, those on the left are far more capable of putting differences aside or accepting changes that might not be as drastic as we'd hoped. For example, I would have far preferred a single-payer health care system to Obamacare, but since the real choices were either what we had or Obamacare, I gladly supported Obama's reforms.

I don't reflexively decide that everything Republicans have to say is wrong, just because they're Republicans, however. I think the issues through and consider what they have to say -- I just find myself disagreeing with the vast majority of it, once I'm done learning about the issue and thinking it through.

I lost all respect for Republicans when they showed themselves to be such liars.  Lying about WMDs to start a war is unconscionable.  Then I figured out why they lie: they work against the interests of most people and want to avoid admitting that.  Now, of course, they are much more open and uncivil about their elitist hostility toward the people, so it's not worth listening to them.  I already know what they are going to say.  They hate the people and are surprisingly candid about it.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:22 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:I actually voted Green until Bush won. Then I realized that as much as I wanted to support an agenda to the left of that of the Democrats, the Democrats were the only party with the hope of keeping the likes of George W. Bush out of office.

I lost all respect for Republicans when they showed themselves to be such liars.  Lying about WMDs to start a war is unconscionable.  Then I figured out why they lie: they work against the interests of most people and want to avoid admitting that.  Now, of course, they are much more open and uncivil about their elitist hostility toward the people, so it's not worth listening to them.  I already know what they are going to say.  They hate the people and are surprisingly candid about it.

Yep, I think back at Shortnews some of the left-leaning members like me and Lurker used to play "predict what the conservatives will say about this" -- we were almost always right. For such rugged individualists, they certainly seem to have a creepy hive-mind thing going.

Remember, they only hate you if you're not white, you're not Christian, you're a woman who wants equal pay and reproductive rights, you want to marry someone of the same gender, or if you file for unemployment benefits. That's got to leave a healthy 20 percent of the American public that they like!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Original Quill Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:48 pm

The Republican House of Representatives has dipped down to as low as 6%.

To be fair, Obama's once lofty approvals have taken a dive as well.  But I believe that is the far left, disappointed that Obama wastes his time trying to appease Republican fools.

Listen, if Republicans are going out--and by all indications, they are--put your foot to their ass and give them a push.  We haven't the time nor the resources to indulge them with the kind of politeness they would deny us.  I say the sooner the better, and then replace them with a moderate party.  The nation needs to move leftward to get in line with the public, anyway.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:10 pm

Liberal Democrats  Smile 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:08 pm

Monster raving loony party...or failing that the left hind leg of delaneys donkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down