NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Led Zeppelin did not plagiarise Stairway To Heaven, jury rules

2 posters

Go down

Led Zeppelin did not plagiarise Stairway To Heaven, jury rules  Empty Led Zeppelin did not plagiarise Stairway To Heaven, jury rules

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:51 pm

Led Zeppelin's definitive song, Stairway To Heaven, was the band’s own work and not stolen from another composition, a jury ruled on Thursday. The verdict, from an eight-member jury at Los Angeles district court, came at the finale of an eight-day trial in which Jimmy Page, Zeppelin’s guitarist, Robert Plant, the band’s singer, and John Paul Jones, the bass player, vigorously denied plagiarising the song from an instrumental track recorded by an American group, Spirit.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/23/led-zeppelin-did-not-plagiarise-stairway-to-heaven-jury-rules/

Back to top Go down

Led Zeppelin did not plagiarise Stairway To Heaven, jury rules  Empty Re: Led Zeppelin did not plagiarise Stairway To Heaven, jury rules

Post by eddie Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:56 pm

If everyone was up in court for stealing riffs and chord progressions then they'd have to haul most bands in.

Oasis stole loads of chord progressions and riffs - then they stole them from themsleves and regurgitated more rip- offs lol

Liked a lot of Noel's stuff though, it was Liam's voice I hated.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Led Zeppelin did not plagiarise Stairway To Heaven, jury rules  Empty Re: Led Zeppelin did not plagiarise Stairway To Heaven, jury rules

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:06 pm

Thank goodness for that. Led Zeppelin was one of the best bands in the world. I have to say there is a definite similarity though.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:12 pm

There are certain songs that I hear, and I think that the melody sounds like nothing else.

One example: Maneater by Hall and Oates. Their vocal melody is very unique. Basically speaking, not many people have put those notes together in that way, in that rhythm.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down