NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

She Thinks Guys Should Always Pay On The First Date. His Response Is Perfect

+4
Ben Reilly
Original Quill
HoratioTarr
Syl
8 posters

Go down

She Thinks Guys Should Always Pay On The First Date. His Response Is Perfect  Empty She Thinks Guys Should Always Pay On The First Date. His Response Is Perfect

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:49 pm

You're on a first date with a guy. You just finished your drinks and the waiter hands you the bill. Should you offer to cover your half of the bill or just smile and say thank you when the guy puts his credit card on the table?

"This is the most polite they're going to be now, what does that say about my future?"

Read more at http://www.sunnyskyz.com/happy-videos/4576/She-Thinks-Guys-Should-Always-Pay-On-The-First-Date-His-Response-Is-Perfect#JYAjUy1UefchLEy3.99

Back to top Go down

She Thinks Guys Should Always Pay On The First Date. His Response Is Perfect  Empty Re: She Thinks Guys Should Always Pay On The First Date. His Response Is Perfect

Post by Syl Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:12 pm

I think he talks sense.
In my day I never paid for a first date.
I would never have expected the man to pay for subsequent dates....it would have made me uncomfortable. I always offered half, if it was refused I would buy a small gift.

The man in vid said something that not many men say but I'm sure a lot think.
If he buys the woman a meal she owes him sex.
If a woman never puts her hand in her purse she may feel she is obligated in some way....so she pays in the age old way.

Far easier to get your money out imo.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

She Thinks Guys Should Always Pay On The First Date. His Response Is Perfect  Empty Re: She Thinks Guys Should Always Pay On The First Date. His Response Is Perfect

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:14 pm

My OH insisted on paying for all my dates with him. I did offer to pay but he wouldn't have it. However, I purchased him some lovely presents he couldn't say no to.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:23 pm

I think it all depends on what era you were brought up iin. When i was a young child, men always paid for women and it was expected that they should. Which I think was more so because back then men were in many cases the main bread winner and by a substancial difference. Though today, it is about offering to pay. as like he says, would you expect your friend if out for dinner not to offer to at least share the cost. I am more than happy to always have paid, but its the thought that counts when people do offer.

His reasons were excellent though and as stated times have changed for the better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:43 pm

I once had a woman ask me out on a dinner date on Valentine's day.  I said, "You want to buy me dinner on Saturday?" (It fell on Saturday that year.)

Her response was, "Well, I expect you would want to pay."

My response was, "Well, then we're not valentines, are we?"

She was a hot-tempered Irish girl and proceeded to get all pissed off.  But I was thinking, What gall! She chose the gift of a night out, and in the same breath she reneged. But that's the kind of duplicity love is.

Last edited by Original Quill on Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:46 pm

If she has come from a traditional irsih ancestry background. Then i am not surprised, as they can be a tad old fashioned, thinking men should pay and look after girls when out.
That could be the reasoning more than anything, with again a religious Catholic influence which will sway heavily on this inequality view of being brought up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:00 pm

Yes, Irish women have real anger management issues, anyway. An' if they get to drinking, look out!

But if she's traditional, why pretend to sponsor the evening?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:06 pm

Original Quill wrote:Yes, Irish women have real anger management issues, anyway.  An' if they get to drinking, look out!

Complete gobbledygook they have anger mamagement issues, again that is blatant racism.
You will find the number of women or men with anger issues, within all nations.
As there is no biological aspect to show why. As they are of the same human race, where all humans would be prone to anger issues or influenced by political or religious ideologies.
Like I said, culture, politics and religion can play a part on emotions.
Anger can certainly form from religious belief,s but i see zero evidence for your claim.
This is where your reasoning falls apart.
It lacks facts and hence is created from a prejudice you racially hold of people
If Southern Republican made such a view of African Americans, you would be calling for an invasion of the Southern US states.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:26 pm

Methinks it's always going to be like this:

She Thinks Guys Should Always Pay On The First Date. His Response Is Perfect  734935fe55bae656f9035be3a9ac8229

Razz Razz Razz

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:31 pm

Original Quill wrote:Methinks it's always going to be like this:

She Thinks Guys Should Always Pay On The First Date. His Response Is Perfect  734935fe55bae656f9035be3a9ac8229

Razz Razz Razz

Great way to ruin a thread with your racism and now sexism.

I see you can post up no evidence for your claim.
If you claim its based on empirical evidence, just how many Irish women or of ancestry have you met in regards to the millions that live today?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:38 pm

I actually use a woman's offer or non-offer to pay as a gauge of interest level ... am I doing it wrong?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:39 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:I actually use a woman's offer or non-offer to pay as a gauge of interest level ... am I doing it wrong?

Is what he video eludes to, so no you are correct too do so in this day and age, but like I said, there could be reasons behind why some girls would expect based on upringing, which may play a factor.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:39 pm

Original Quill wrote:Yes, Irish women have real anger management issues, anyway.  An' if they get to drinking, look out!

So all Irish women are the same? scratch

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:40 pm

As to the OP: if a guy thinks that paying for a dinner means he may get sex, he's a fucktard of the highest order and what he needs is a hungry prostitute
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:44 pm

eddie wrote:As to the OP: if a guy thinks that paying for a dinner means he may get sex, he's a fucktard of the highest order and what he needs is a hungry prostitute

I think you are missing the point he was trying to make over women also expecting men to pay.
Both being utterly wrong, as is she not coming at a cost just to spend time with?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:47 pm

If a man invited me to dinner I would sort of expect he was paying but I would still offer as it's good manners.

If payment wasn't accepted and the night was young I would probably offer to buy him a drink or a coffee or offer to pay next time, or insist I buy the pudding that we'd eaten (I would definitely order pudding lol)
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:51 pm

eddie wrote:If a man invited me to dinner I would sort of expect he was paying but I would still offer as it's good manners.

If payment wasn't accepted and the night was young I would probably offer to buy him a drink or a coffee or offer to pay next time, or insist I buy the pudding that we'd eaten (I would definitely order pudding lol)  

You are offering to pay though, which is the difference.
Again the point is some wil expect the other to pay and based on where some men do believe they should get sex, which is wrong. So is it wrong also for women to expect the man to pay, as their company, comes with a cost per hour?
Again upbringing may have an influence or social conditions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:31 pm

eddie wrote:

Yes, I feel safe with that these days.  I think gene types have common traits.  Heck, that's what skin color, hair and eyes are.  

The same applies to temperament, autonomic nervous systems, blood pressure, pituitary and other endocrine glands, overlain by common cultural ideas, passed on from mother to daughter, father to son.  It used to be that liberals would reject the notion that personality traits are genetic, but then Robert Ardrey came out with the revolutionary theory, The Territorial Imperative, and together with Watson and Crick, and the rise of genetic factors in importance generally, the pendulum has shifted. This was a topic of much talk when I was at Berkeley.

The Celts seem to have a common host of temperament traits, as do the Norse.  And the Mediterraneans are legend for their hot blood...Spain, Italy and Greece, along with the islands.

Last edited by Original Quill on Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:34 pm

Well I'm half French and half English - how would you stereotype me?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:36 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:

Yes, I feel safe with that these days.  I think gene types have common traits.  Heck, that's what skin color, hair and eyes are.  

The same applies to temperament, autonomic nervous systems, blood pressure, pituitary and other endocrine glands, overlain by common cultural ideas, passed on from mother to daughter, father to son.  It used to be that liberals would reject the notion that personality traits are genetic, but then Robert Ardrey came out with the revolutionary theory, The Territorial Imperative, and together with Watson and Crick, and the rise of genetic factors in importance generally, the pendulum shifted.

The Celts seem to have a common host of temperament traits, as to the Norse.  And the Mediterraneans are legend for their hot blood...Spain, Italy and Greece, along with the islands.

Again gobbledygook in regards to emotions being a genetic, based culturally.
So I am sure you believe in racism, which is apparant and Tommy would love that view to use as an argument against balcks, to being criminally genetic.

As seen such a hypoethesis, not a theory, is not endorsed

Again you are basing something biologically racially which simply is balderdash.
Politics, cultures, and religion have influence within a lieftime, not genetically on a persons personality.
There is also zero biological evidence

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Territorial_Imperative

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:40 pm

eddie wrote:Well I'm half French and half English - how would you stereotype me?

Probably a lot of Norse (Norman) in there, but I would be guessing. The Franks tend to be Mediterranean in the south, and more Germanic in the north. But the Norman in the west are Norse.

It's not stereotyping, per se. In the 1960's and 70's a lot happened to bring genetic research back into vogue and respectability. Stereotyping is more of psychological phenomenon in the observers mind.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:43 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:Well I'm half French and half English - how would you stereotype me?

Probably a lot of Norse (Norman) in there, but I would be guessing.  The Franks tend to be Mediterranean in the south, and more Germanic in the north.  But the Norman in the west are Norse.

It's not stereotyping, per se.  In the 1960's and 70's a lot happened to bring genetic research back into vogue and respectability.  Stereotyping is more of psychological phenomenon in the observers mind.

No its completely steterotyping as its based on a prejudice you hold, which is not backed by any biological evidence+

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:45 pm

Didge wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

The same applies to temperament, autonomic nervous systems, blood pressure, pituitary and other endocrine glands, overlain by common cultural ideas, passed on from mother to daughter, father to son.  It used to be that liberals would reject the notion that personality traits are genetic, but then Robert Ardrey came out with the revolutionary theory, The Territorial Imperative, and together with Watson and Crick, and the rise of genetic factors in importance generally, the pendulum shifted.

The Celts seem to have a common host of temperament traits, as to the Norse.  And the Mediterraneans are legend for their hot blood...Spain, Italy and Greece, along with the islands.

So I am sure you believe in racism, which is apparant and Tommy would love that view to use as an argument against balcks, to being criminally genetic.

Again you are basing something biologically racially which simply is balderdash.
Politics, cultures, and religion have influence within a lieftime, not genetically on a persons personality.

Ignorance and stupidity. But this does point up how our politics tend to interfere with honest, objective scientific research. As I said, the old liberals at Berkeley from the 30's to 50's era, had much the same response.

It was kinda like the flat earth theory. The undeniable advancements in genetic research began to overwhelm the deniers and church-goers. You will never change the old; they just have to die off.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:47 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:

Ignorance and stupidity.  But this does point up how our politics tend to interfere with honest, objective scientific research.  As I said, the old liberals at Berkeley from the 30's to 50's era, had much the same response.

It was kinda like the flat earth theory.  The undeniable advancements in genetic research began to overwhelm the deniers and church-goers.  You will never change the old; they just have to die off.

First warning on abuse, next time and you will be reported.
You stated Irish women are angry.
You posted no evidence to support this and then based this off a hypothesis made on genetics, which has never been proved.
Either post up your evidence or apologise for being racist, because humans are biologically one race and youa re trying to argue that races do exist biologically

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:00 pm

Didge, there was no abuse from Quill that I can see?

If you're disagreeing then so be it.

I am quite disappointed he didn't stereotype me though. Most people dislike the French!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:07 pm

eddie wrote:Didge, there was no abuse from Quill that I can see?

I am quite disappointed he didn't stereotype me though. Most people dislike the French!

Claiming ignorance and stupidity is not abuse.

Okay, if that is acceptable, that is fine by me.

He started off from a prejudiced stand point, which is where sterotypes are born from.
What he next tried to do was a cheap trick, going off a hypoethsis, never at any point showing how biological races would exist, as they would need to do so based on this belief he has. I mean he is claiming emotions are gentically inherant, pased on from the parents, which in this case ould be anger and that due to this. Irish women are all angry. Which is odd really, as many of the Irish people I know are lovely people. What I have come to learn whenever in Ireland though is never say when asked if hungry, that you are. As you will be served up enough food to feed a school. lol
Again i am ausre there is Irish people who are not hospitable like this, but would never claim a stand point as Quill is doing, which he has done. Where even worse throughout he never offered any evidence on irish women being angry people

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:39 pm

I remember a bit in the film 'A Bronx tale'... the older fella gave some dating advice to the young fella on how to tell if the girl was a keeper or not...

https://youtu.be/qyj2VNVB8qk

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by veya_victaous Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:57 pm

Major wrote:In my youth I always paid for the girlz and so did my matez, twaz the norm.

sounds like you visited brothels, Suspect Suspect Suspect
"ya alwayz had ta pay to get ya end in"

She Thinks Guys Should Always Pay On The First Date. His Response Is Perfect  687820690
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:12 am

I think the French are beautiful people. They have a national personality that can be a bit, um...rude, but they have the most beautiful language in the world, and they are excellent artists and philosophers.

The French lawyers must serve an internship in addition to law school and bar exams. They can serve the internship anywhere in the world. I usually have 2 or 3 French lawyers who come over to SF to serve their internship in my firm.

If you are French and English, I would count myself lucky.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:00 am

Original Quill wrote:

I think the French are beautiful people.  They have a national personality that can be a bit, um...rude, but they have the most beautiful language in the world, and they are excellent artists and philosophers.  

The French lawyers must serve an internship in addition to law school and bar exams.  They can serve the internship anywhere in the world.  I usually have 2 or 3 French lawyers who come over to SF to serve their internship in my firm.

More sterotypes born from a prejudice disposition..
No apology for your racism I see.
I am sure your imaginary Lawyers talk to you all day, one is called Pepé Le Pew, who seems to appear everyday you open your mouth.

lol!

Again there is no such evidence the French are rude people, some will be and others are not rude at all, this comes genrally from people who have never been to France or know many French people.

Show me the biological evidence that French people are genertically rude people?

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:51 am

Ben Reilly wrote:I actually use a woman's offer or non-offer to pay as a gauge of interest level ... am I doing it wrong?

yes and no Suspect Suspect Suspect we are talking about women Cool Wink Razz Razz

I always offer to pay,
some will always accept
some will always insist on paying half
and some will pay if they like you (I guess so they don't seem like gold diggers)
and some will pay cause they don't like you (so don't want to owe you)
and some will not pay cause they don't like you (hey, free meal)

She Thinks Guys Should Always Pay On The First Date. His Response Is Perfect  2190311264
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:13 pm

Major wrote:Half English and half Frence is best described as

An English young girl = very white skin with blonde hair and blue eyes smelling of roses.

A French young girl wearing a beret, riding a bike and smelling of garlic.

Just joking eddie.

Tin hat time.  lol!  lol!  lol!

Didge, stop the RACIST crap, lighten up.

Actually you fail to see the irony, of the fact Quill is being racist, the so called defender against racism.
Its actually hilarious, if of course you had half a brian to understand.
Sadly it seems you do not

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:09 pm

There is a lot of generalising going on here.
I am English....obviously we are all a mixture, but as far back as I know all my long gone relatives were English..... yet, I am darker skinned than many med types and my hair left to it's own devices takes on the look of a neglected afro.
A friend I knew born and bred in Iran had a far whiter skin....and red hair.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:15 pm

Exactly Syl.
Sadly racial sterotypes are born from a prejudice.
We are all one biological race, as races are a social construct.
So sadly people fail to understand this and make poor claims on groups racially classified.

They do this based off a perception they have come to make on meeting a miniscule amount of people from that nation. Negelecting they have not met millions more of this nation. Thus there position is based off a very small amount of people and thus how a prejudice view can form.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:31 pm

I think classing all Irish as hot tempered, all Swedes as sexy blondes, all English as stiff upper lipped etc is just generalising though.

There are some traits certain races have, we only have to look at sports to see that, but temperament and looks vary so much it's daft to say all Irish are buxom, all Germans are tall...and so on.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:31 pm

Major wrote:That is a load of crap, Didge.

Anyone you call a racist has a very good reason for being such if indeed your accusation, assumption is correct.
They look at what has happund and is happening to THEIR country and do not like it, why is that racist?

I base this on sound reason.
Again racism only exist, because we have invented social construct called races to divide people as different, when we are biologically the same.
As seen it makes people make up a load of crap about people.
For example and using the methodology of Quill and somebody stated that genetically and based off culture that African American were rapists, murderers, violent, would anyone else think that was not racist?
Let me tell you something you will hate
Being English, is a concept and is not biological, as your ancestors came from Africa, and were once very dark skinned.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:32 pm

Syl wrote:There is a lot of generalising going on here.
I am English....obviously we are all a mixture, but as far back as I know all my long gone relatives were English.....  yet, I am darker skinned than many med types and my hair left to it's own devices takes on the look of a neglected afro.
A friend I knew born and bred in Iran had a far whiter skin....and red hair.

If you go back to the Celtics, they were dark-skinned too.

Only with the Norse visits, and then invasions of the Saxons, did the skin begin to get fair, eyes blue, hair blond. But sometimes the dark-skinned, dark eyes, black hair still comes through.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:33 pm

Syl wrote:I think classing all Irish as hot tempered, all Swedes as sexy blondes, all English as stiff upper lipped etc is just generalising though.

There are some traits certain races have, we only have to look at sports to see that, but temperament and looks vary so much it's daft to say all Irish are buxom, all Germans are tall...and so on.

Exactly, as you will find people with these traits in all ethnic groups.

Now as stated politics, culture and religions, all beliefs can influence people in the present, but they are not something genetic.

If it was the case, i would still be catholic for example

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:14 pm

Original Quill wrote:

I think the French are beautiful people.  They have a national personality that can be a bit, um...rude, but they have the most beautiful language in the world, and they are excellent artists and philosophers.  

The French lawyers must serve an internship in addition to law school and bar exams.  They can serve the internship anywhere in the world.  I usually have 2 or 3 French lawyers who come over to SF to serve their internship in my firm.

Oooh Merci beaucoup! You're the only person, apart from friends and relatives on my father's side, (the french side), that has been kind about the French Wink
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:18 pm

Major wrote:Half English and half Frence is best described as

An English young girl = very white skin with blonde hair and blue eyes smelling of roses.

A French young girl wearing a beret, riding a bike and smelling of garlic.

Just joking eddie.

Tin hat time.  lol!  lol!  lol!

Didge, stop the RACIST crap, lighten up.

Hahahahaha maybe I'm a little of both? And, well, I do absolutely love, love, love garlic. I cut it into chunks rather than small pieces and cook it like so.
Actually every single time I've visited France I've bought back lots of big fat French garlic bulbs and got back home and spent hours peeling and freezing them in tubs of water.
Sad but true.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:32 pm

Major wrote:Roasted garlic with roast lamb, eddie, is ace, so sweet.

Garlic is a magic ingredient that makes everything taste better.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down