NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

US election 2016: Why Hillary Clinton could lose the Democratic nomination to Bernie Sanders

4 posters

Go down

US election 2016: Why Hillary Clinton could lose the Democratic nomination to Bernie Sanders Empty US election 2016: Why Hillary Clinton could lose the Democratic nomination to Bernie Sanders

Post by Guest Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:57 pm

A big win in the 7 June California primary could hand Mr Sanders hundreds more delegates, which would call into question Ms Clinton's candidacy

Hillary Clinton could lose the race for Democratic nominee as the focus shifts to California, where an influx of voter registrations threatens to derail her lead over Bernie Sanders. 
Mr Sanders will be looking to the state to boost his campaign with news of a further 1.5 million people registering to vote since January this year.
The latest statistics from the Institute of California will be encouraging to Mr Sanders as a big win in the 7 June California primary, where the candidates are currently virtually deadlocked, could hand him hundreds more delegates. Mr Sanders currently has 1,501 pledged delegates to Ms Clinton's 1,769.    
The influx of additional registrants  a 218 per cent increase compared with the same period in 2012 – is likely to include large numbers of young voters and could make this scenario a reality.

Recent open primaries have shown that the Vermont senator tends to underperform in pre-election surveys and over-perform on primary and caucus days, thanks to the participation of new registrants and young voters.
If Mr Sanders were to win in California it would seriously call into question Ms Clinton's candidacy in the general election and could result in a number of superdelegates, including distinguished party leaders and elected officials who are free to support any candidate for the presidential nomination, withdrawing their support.
Mr Sanders said although Ms Clinton has received "a whole lot more" superdelegate support than he has to date, "they don’t vote until they're on the floor of the Democratic convention". He said that his job was now to convince them of his electability against Donald Trump.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-elections/us-elections-hillary-clinton-could-lose-democratic-nomination-to-bernie-sanders-a7059076.html

Poll after poll has shown that up against Trump, Hillary might lose and Bernie would win.  I know who I'd back.

Back to top Go down

US election 2016: Why Hillary Clinton could lose the Democratic nomination to Bernie Sanders Empty Re: US election 2016: Why Hillary Clinton could lose the Democratic nomination to Bernie Sanders

Post by Original Quill Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:03 pm

My ballot's been mailed. We'll see how it goes. Sanders may do well. Liberals are in his camp. That means he's made in-roads here in Northern California.

But Southern California is soooo much bigger. I see Hillary taking it in a close one.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

US election 2016: Why Hillary Clinton could lose the Democratic nomination to Bernie Sanders Empty Re: US election 2016: Why Hillary Clinton could lose the Democratic nomination to Bernie Sanders

Post by Guest Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:07 pm

The thing is that youngsters who have never voted before are voting for Bernie, and there are a very large number of new voters in California apparently.

By his count, more than 2 million fresh voters will be included by the time the tallies from Monday’s deadline are completed. According to counts made by his firm, Political Data Inc., there already has been a boost of 218% in Democratic registration, of 78% in Republican registration, and 74% in nonpartisan registrations.
Registrations among Latinos are up 123%, he said. Sign-ups among those 24 and younger are up 87% and those 25 to 30 are up 188%. The latter two categories would suggest a boost for Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-ca-california-voters-registration-surge-20160524-snap-story.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:15 pm

Yes, but as ABC News reporter Matthew Dowd asks, Are all of the newcomers going to vote for Sanders?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:26 pm

Have to say, I don't see them being fired up by Hillary to vote   She establlishment through and through, a hawk on foreign policy and paid for by the financial sector.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:58 pm

Yes, I don't like that hawk part. She returned to it in her foreign policy speech today.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:03 pm

I'll have to have a listen to it.  Unfortunately moving it taking up too much time at the moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:21 pm

She promised she had ideas on how to stop ISIS, but then refocused her attention on how Trump has nothing but bowel urges (my term) to guide him. Well, that's right, but I'd like to hear more about her plans.

I want to know more about ISIS and wtf it is our business.  You don't go into the Middle East without an end game, and there is no end game there but to settle the thousand-year Sunni-Shi'ia civil war.

There's no magic trick that will do that in the near future.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:09 pm

Original Quill wrote:She promised she had ideas on how to stop ISIS, but then refocused her attention on how Trump has nothing but bowel urges (my term) to guide him.  Well, that's right, but I'd like to hear more about her plans.

I want to know more about ISIS and wtf it is our business.  You don't go into the Middle East without an end game, and there is no end game there but to settle the thousand-year Sunni-Shi'ia civil war.

US election 2016: Why Hillary Clinton could lose the Democratic nomination to Bernie Sanders Nuke12

of course such a cure is not without its risks.............
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:51 am

Doesn't anyone find it strange that Bernie was said to be out of the game a few weeks back and when it was looking as though Trump would beat Hilary for president, Bernie comes in with a "sudden influx of voters"....?

Not fishy? At all?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:59 am

eddie wrote:Doesn't anyone find it strange that Bernie was said to be out of the game a few weeks back and when it was looking as though Trump would beat Hilary for president, Bernie comes in with a "sudden influx of voters"....?

Not fishy? At all?

that is the Super delegates, got to keep in mind a super delegate is worth several thousand normal memeber votes and they can keep on changing right up until the end.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:00 am

It's still fishy.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:35 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
Original Quill wrote:She promised she had ideas on how to stop ISIS, but then refocused her attention on how Trump has nothing but bowel urges (my term) to guide him.  Well, that's right, but I'd like to hear more about her plans.

US election 2016: Why Hillary Clinton could lose the Democratic nomination to Bernie Sanders Nuke12

of course such a cure is not without its risks.............

Yes...I don't like loose talk about the Middle East, which ever way it blows. There are so many layers to the issues there, than there is no endgame except one that will get Sunnis and Shi'ia to hug one another. And that hasn't happened in 1,500-years. Fat chance it will happen in this century.

Our (America...you guys do what you want) sole foreign policy should be to stay the fook outta there. WTF is it our business if they want to lop off heads? Impose travel restrictions, and keep our folks away...then let 'em do what they want to each other. It's none of our business.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down