NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where Are We Going To Put them All?

+6
nicko
Raggamuffin
Ben Reilly
veya_victaous
'Wolfie
Major
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Where Are We Going To Put them All? Empty Re: Where Are We Going To Put them All?

Post by 'Wolfie Fri May 27, 2016 3:52 am

Idea

YOUR garage and back garden could be good for a dozen or so, eh.. Mr. Stormee ?!?

clown
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Where Are We Going To Put them All? Empty Re: Where Are We Going To Put them All?

Post by veya_victaous Fri May 27, 2016 4:54 am

I'd round up the racists and thrown them in the channel. that would create plenty of room.
And I'd come with a shovel just to steal Some Soil so I could taunt Stormee with it
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

G'Day
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 27, 2016 5:36 am

Britain is still over 95 percent wide open spaces ... Just ask your Polish residents to build some housing since Britain apparently no longer considers that a skill worth learning Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 27, 2016 8:26 am

Looking around at all those landed gentry places going to ruin; needing some ready cash and massive number of empty rooms! What do those lord & dukes need with massive mansions that they can't afford?  
Re-habiting them into Bed & Breakfast/Room to rent - communities and put that acres of useless land to homestead gardening.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 27, 2016 8:33 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Britain is still over 95 percent wide open spaces ...  Just ask your Polish residents to build some housing since Britain apparently no longer considers that a skill worth learning  Smile

That would be OK if they built some new towns, but they don't, they try to add to existing towns - old towns with character and narrow roads where traffic congestion would be a real issue, and where they simply don't think about the need for more schools or doctors surgeries, etc. We need a lot of space for agriculture, and we don't want our beautiful country spoilt by too much building, and we don't want huge housing estates just stuck on the outskirts of nice towns.

It's different in the US because a lot of your towns and cities are just huge shopping malls without any character anyway.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri May 27, 2016 9:06 am

I see all our friends overseas have all the answers again----
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri May 27, 2016 9:12 am

nicko wrote:

That's what we're here for, nicko !!!

Where Are We Going To Put them All? 1481518877
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 27, 2016 9:12 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Britain is still over 95 percent wide open spaces ...  Just ask your Polish residents to build some housing since Britain apparently no longer considers that a skill worth learning  Smile
That would be OK if they built some new towns, but they don't, they try to add to existing towns - old towns with character and narrow roads where traffic congestion would be a real issue, and where they simply don't think about the need for more schools or doctors surgeries, etc. We need a lot of space for agriculture, and we don't want our beautiful country spoilt by too much building, and we don't want huge housing estates just stuck on the outskirts of nice towns.

It's different in the US because a lot of your towns and cities are just huge shopping malls without any character anyway.
There are options for both of those ideas:

We do have some interesting locations here in the USA  >
Build your own military base, movie studio or prison:
US naval base on sale for $1mn

Published time: 17 Feb, 2016 19:10
Those seeking a starting point from which to exact control over the world’s seas should look no further than this US naval base in West Virginia, which is up for auction online.
Where Are We Going To Put them All? CMOg8kDWcAAR5PN
Although the 122.85 acre lot is hundreds of miles away from the ocean, it could be a good opportunity for first-time buyers struggling to get on the notoriously exclusive military base ladder.
Alternatively, potential purchasers of the delightfully-named Sugar Grove may opt to transform it into a correctional facility, a new filmmaking Tinseltown, or a even a military camp - although anyone hoping to wage war is likely to face the wrath of the base’s former owners, the US government.
Sugar Grove directed part of the US Navy’s shipping in the Atlantic Ocean. The base operated for 60 years, acting as an information support center until it was decommissioned in September last year.

In its heyday, 450 personnel and their families would have been stationed at the base, the Charleston Gazette Mail reports.
The facility's auctioneers say that, with an overhaul, it could become anything from a university campus or movie studio, to a quiet holiday retreat in the West Virginia mountains.
Where Are We Going To Put them All? CNhEishUEAAXjSj
That thought had crossed the minds of some at the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, but ultimately they baulked at the estimated multi-million dollar cost of transforming the base into a women’s prison.
Online bidding has already begun on the base via the website of the US General Services Administration, with the leading bid currently standing at $1 million - a bargain for what is potentially either a small town or a stepping stone to world domination.
The former operations center comes with 80 single-family homes, a 45,424 sq ft main building, a youth activity center, and the all-important restaurant/bar. Recreational facilities such as tennis courts, a swimming pool and baseball fields are included around the tree-lined base.
https://www.rt.com/usa/332798-virginia-navy-base-auction/ 

Not to leave out as other options; numerous old missile silos' buried deep within our earth - temperature controlled and you'd just be all set up to hunker down and survivor the - ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE - possible nuclear holocaust ...problems with above ground neighbors, they do need a wee little fixing up and there's probably been some water seepage into those lowest 1 - 3 levels - but hey 'INDOOR POOL' ~~~ Where Are We Going To Put them All? 2190311264

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 27, 2016 9:37 am

The trouble is that it's cheaper for developers to just add on to existing towns, so that's what they go for. They have to get permission of course - something which goes on for some time whilst the locals object strongly, but they often win permission - not always thankfully.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri May 27, 2016 11:50 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
nicko wrote:

That's what we're here for,  nicko  !!!

Where Are We Going To Put them All? 1481518877

beat me to it Where Are We Going To Put them All? 3489511464

if only they listened then we wouldn't have to say stuff so much Where Are We Going To Put them All? 2023022481
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri May 27, 2016 12:07 pm

here you go stormee i added a smilie for you Where Are We Going To Put them All? 2035286543 Where Are We Going To Put them All? 2035286543 Where Are We Going To Put them All? 1363015401
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri May 27, 2016 12:13 pm

We should take a leaf out of your book and build some trailer parks.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 27, 2016 12:14 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

I don't think trailer parks are that bad really. It would be a lot cheaper for a start. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri May 27, 2016 12:23 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I don't think trailer parks are that bad really. It would be a lot cheaper for a start. Laughing

That's because ours are prettier. The UK seems to soak up most of the dross that comes from the States. We even have that great American institution, Twinkies, in our supermarkets now. They taste like vaseline wrapped in foam.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 27, 2016 12:31 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

That's because ours are prettier.   The UK seems to soak up most of the dross that comes from the States.  We even have that great American institution, Twinkies, in our supermarkets now.  They taste like vaseline wrapped in foam.

I've seen those. They're very expensive but I'm not sure why.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri May 27, 2016 1:16 pm

Remember Pre-Fabs, easy to build in Factories and erected in one day. Still got to find the land though.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 27, 2016 3:28 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:The trouble is that it's cheaper for developers to just add on to existing towns, so that's what they go for. They have to get permission of course - something which goes on for some time whilst the locals object strongly, but they often win permission - not always thankfully.

That's why you use a strategic array of tax cuts to encourage development outside of city limits. And I wouldn't worry too much about your countryside -- if the entire UK population is occupying less than 95 percent of the land, and developers maintain the current population density, a net migration of a half-million people per year for 130 years would still leave more than 90 percent of the UK unoccupied.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 27, 2016 3:31 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:The trouble is that it's cheaper for developers to just add on to existing towns, so that's what they go for. They have to get permission of course - something which goes on for some time whilst the locals object strongly, but they often win permission - not always thankfully.

That's why you use a strategic array of tax cuts to encourage development outside of city limits. And I wouldn't worry too much about your countryside -- if the entire UK population is occupying less than 95 percent of the land, and developers maintain the current population density, a net migration of a half-million people per year for 130 years would still leave more than 90 percent of the UK unoccupied.

I don't mind if they build new towns in parts which nobody cares about - maybe in Scotland. Laughing

The whole thing will jam up the roads even more though, so they'll need to build new ones. We could do with some main roads across country rather than just up and down.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 27, 2016 3:33 pm

They just need to relocate to somewhere other than London. It's way too overcrowded.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 27, 2016 3:36 pm

Call them the Americans storm. Okay?
Let's see some respect for eachother round here.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri May 27, 2016 3:36 pm

Stormee wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

We have followed the Shermanz with ghettos and we have enough trailer trash already.

you don't 'get' sarcasm, do you?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 27, 2016 3:46 pm

eddie wrote:Call them the Americans storm. Okay?
Let's see some respect for eachother round here.

In case you missed it
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 27, 2016 3:51 pm

Is "Sherman" derogatory? I just figured it was rhyming slang for Yank.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 27, 2016 3:53 pm

It is, but I don't see why we should all disrespect each others countries anymore.

Are you with me?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 27, 2016 3:55 pm

eddie wrote:It is, but I don't see why we should all disrespect each others countries anymore.

Are you with me?

I'm all for a little friendly jibing, but it has gone overboard lately.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 27, 2016 3:56 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:It is, but I don't see why we should all disrespect each others countries anymore.

Are you with me?

Yes it has. You upset me. You're lucky I'm still sharing my jam with you.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 27, 2016 4:00 pm

eddie wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Are you with me?

And once again I find myself having upset a woman without realizing it ... what did I do?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 27, 2016 4:06 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Are you with me?

And once again I find myself having upset a woman without realizing it ... what did I do?

Generalised all Brits. Pissed me off. You should know better Benji.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 27, 2016 4:08 pm

eddie wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Are you with me?

You know I've gotten just as good as I've given ... Where Are We Going To Put them All? 1366281442
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 27, 2016 4:13 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Are you with me?

You know I've gotten just as good as I've given ... Where Are We Going To Put them All? 1366281442

Yes I get that. But it felt personal and I took it personally from you I guess...
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri May 27, 2016 4:39 pm

eddie wrote:They just need to relocate to somewhere other than London. It's way too overcrowded.

It's no good relocating people if there's no work.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri May 27, 2016 4:40 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Is "Sherman" derogatory? I just figured it was rhyming slang for Yank.

He types so stupidly I thought he meant Germans
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri May 27, 2016 4:57 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Is "Sherman" derogatory? I just figured it was rhyming slang for Yank.

Shermans is a reference, I gather, to one of our finest generals...Gen. William Tecumseh Sherman, who along with General Ulysses S. Grant, invented the concept of TOTAL WAR...used so devastatingly upon Dresden in the Second World War.  He was the general who marched through Georgia and laid waste to the south.

Fitting.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 27, 2016 5:05 pm

Original Quill wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Shermans is a reference, I gather, to one of our finest generals...Gen. William Tecumseh Sherman, who along with General Ulysses S. Grant, invented the concept of TOTAL WAR...used so devastatingly upon Dresden in the Second World War.  He was the general who marched through Georgia and laid waste to the south.

Fitting.

No it isn't. It's Sherman Tanks - Yanks

http://www.cockneyrhymingslang.co.uk/slang/sherman_tanks

But I might be wrong of course - you'll have to ask storm.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 27, 2016 5:12 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
eddie wrote:They just need to relocate to somewhere other than London. It's way too overcrowded.

It's no good relocating people if there's no work.

Like I said, tax breaks. Whatever government has jurisdiction over the towns-to-be could offer, say, half-rate taxes for 10 years to anybody building there, and voila, you have businesses expanding and developers putting up housing.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri May 27, 2016 10:02 pm

you mean like they are doing round our village...

nearly 600 new homes....and NO extra doctors, school places, no improvement of road access in fact fuck all...just here ya go 1800 (on avarage) new folks but not a jot of infrastructure...

yeah...great innit....

it already takes up to 3 weeks for a consult with a dr....and 48hrs FFS for a repeat prescrition....

nah..forget the tax breaks etc designed to kill and destroy the rural parts of england....

ALL new housing (in the main)...should be forced to be done on brownfield land within existing cities...

they stink anyway...so a bit more of a pong wont hurt.....

how crowded a city is doesnt matter.....lets face it you cant ruin a toilet by crapping in it....

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 27, 2016 11:19 pm

Lord Foul wrote:you mean like they are doing round our village...

nearly 600 new homes....and NO extra doctors, school places, no improvement of road access in fact fuck all...just here ya go 1800 (on avarage) new folks but not  a jot of infrastructure...

yeah...great innit....

it already takes up to 3 weeks for a consult with a dr....and 48hrs FFS for a repeat prescrition....

nah..forget the tax breaks etc designed to kill and destroy the rural parts of england....

ALL new housing (in the main)...should be forced to be done on brownfield land within existing cities...

how crowded a city is doesnt matter.....lets face it you cant ruin a toilet by crapping in it....

Life is an endless series of hurdles and bear traps up there, huh?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri May 27, 2016 11:44 pm

Original Quill wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Fitting.

Scorched Earth policy, you mean?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat May 28, 2016 2:20 am

nuh cause of the tanks you used to save europe Wink Cool
Where Are We Going To Put them All? Smileytank
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat May 28, 2016 2:24 am

Lord Foul wrote:you mean like they are doing round our village...

nearly 600 new homes
....and NO extra doctors, school places, no improvement of road access in fact fuck all...just here ya go 1800 (on avarage) new folks but not  a jot of infrastructure...

yeah...great innit....

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

they build them by the thousands when the expand suburbs down here Razz Razz Razz Razz

I am not saying we are better i am just giving you a comparison to what 'Normal' is...

If British stopped 'pining for yesterday' and started to 'build for tomorrow' than you'd build the hospital, roads and schools too.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat May 28, 2016 6:13 am

Smile

AND --  IF the government is serious about helping local communities while boosting the national economy -- they would employ British construction firms to do the demolition, cleanup and rebuilding projects on those former-industrial/wasteland "brownfield sites", at a fair price...

WHILE making it part of the contracts that they must employ a minimum proportion of local workers (let's say 60%-->>70% or so..) --  and include a certain number of apprentices and trainees among those locals..
Where Are We Going To Put them All? 2686688521
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat May 28, 2016 7:28 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Smile

AND --  IF the government is serious about helping local communities while boosting the national economy -- they would employ British construction firms to do the demolition, cleanup and rebuilding projects on those former-industrial/wasteland "brownfield sites", at a fair price...

WHILE making it part of the contracts that they must employ a minimum proportion of local workers (let's say 60%-->>70% or so..) --  and include a certain number of apprentices and trainees among those locals..
Where Are We Going To Put them All? 2686688521

watch out wolf, i think you are talking way to much sense for them.... geek

besides it much easier just to blame 'dem immigrantz' Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat May 28, 2016 10:37 am

Lets have Wolfie for Corbyn's job and Veya for Osborn's,-----------sorted!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat May 28, 2016 12:51 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Fitting.

No it isn't. It's Sherman Tanks - Yanks

http://www.cockneyrhymingslang.co.uk/slang/sherman_tanks

But I might be wrong of course - you'll have to ask storm.

Not wrong, just short. Sherman Tanks were named after Gen. William Tecumseh Sherman.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat May 28, 2016 1:10 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Fitting.

Scorched Earth policy, you mean?

Yes, exactly. In many ways the American Civil War was the first modern war. It was the first time that the rifled bore was used extensively; a marksman can use a high-powered rifle to hit the mark from many hundreds of yards away, whereas smooth-bore weapons are far less accurate. Pickett's charge at Gettysburg taught modern Europeans, don't do that when facing rifled bores. That led to defensive war tactics rather than Napoleonic charges, like you saw in the trench-war of WWI. Also, iron-sided ships, etc. Bruce Catton, The Civil War.

Sherman's theory was you destroy the enemy's ability to make war, not just the army in the field. That means attack his economic base. Hence all the burning of farms in Georgia...and the bombing of Dresden. It's the ultimate in scorched earth. 9/11 and 7/7 were just advancements on Sherman's theory., coupled with asymmetrical war tactics.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum