NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miners can stand proud as government papers show extent of Margaret Thatcher's strike cover-up

Go down

Miners can stand proud as government papers show extent of Margaret Thatcher's strike cover-up Empty Miners can stand proud as government papers show extent of Margaret Thatcher's strike cover-up

Post by Guest Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:49 am

Miners can stand proud as government papers show extent of Margaret Thatcher's strike cover-up The-National-Miners-Strike-3005250

Community spirit: Miners during the dispute
Mirrorpix
Just as we all assumed, and now know for a fact, Thatcher and her cronies lied about their plans to butcher the coal industry in the run-up to the Great Strike for Jobs of 1984/85.

Newly-released government papers expose the colossal scale of the deceit, and show how close the miners came to winning the biggest industrial dispute of the century.

Despite her public show of resolution, the Iron Lady feared defeat, and drew up plans to bring in the Army.

Some still believe they were secretly involved anyway, in the police-state regime of the time.

Do these revelations vindicate miners’ leader Arthur Scargill? They certainly support his claims that ministers and Coal Board bosses were lying.

But to my mind, the real vindication is of the miners and their communities who stood and fought the Tories to the bitter end.

It was they who wrote on a railway bridge in the pit village of Fitzwilliam, near Wakefield, the message: WE TOLD ARTHUR – NO SURRENDER.

And they didn’t. After a whole year, eight out of 10 Yorkshire miners were still on strike.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/paul-routledge-miners-can-stand-3006531#ixzz2pxUfBK4L
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

cheers cheers cheers  There are so many new issues that we need to fight the Tories over, and fight to the bitter, end!

Look at what is going on!.....As Diane Abbott said on the 'This Week' politics program (BBC1) this evening 'We have never seen such an onslaught on the poor in our lifetimes'.....Or rather, words to that effect.

We saw some idiot Tory (some Sun Journo) on the 'This Week' program, she was suggesting that there should be no food banks at all...I applaud Diane Abbott, because she didn't rise to this Tory morons taunts, and then she just laughed in her face!

..What is very clear to me, is that IMO, the Tories know that the will never be able to win the next GE, and when Osborne says that this will be a tough year....He means that he intends to screw down the poor a bit further, until they get kicked out...And they will get kicked out...Perhaps the liberals should step up to the plate and make the Tories go it alone, pull out of this awful coalition....Something tells me that they won't though!

One thing that i think that i have learnt about the Liberals, is that they can't be trusted at all, and some of their beliefs are very unsavoury...Some of them have Nazi ideals, like leaving patients to die on hospital beds if they had dared to smoke, or drink....

I pity Labour, if we get another hung parliament, and we have to do a deal with that bunch of cretins...Surely, if we are just short, we would be better off going into a coalition with the smaller parties....Makes sense to me!

Back to top Go down