NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Beacon of Hope-Tunisian Islamists Ennahda move to separate politics, religion

3 posters

Go down

A Beacon of Hope-Tunisian Islamists Ennahda move to separate politics, religion Empty A Beacon of Hope-Tunisian Islamists Ennahda move to separate politics, religion

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2016 4:57 pm

Tunisia's Islamist party Ennahda will separate its political and religious work, its chief said on Friday, moving away from its tradition of political Islam.Ennahda was the first Islamist party to come to power in the wake of the 2011 Arab Spring revolutions and it took part in the first government coalition after the overthrow of Tunisia's autocratic leader Zine El-Abidine Ben Ali. It won the first post-uprising election by appealing to many Tunisians who saw its Islamist identity as an antidote to the years of corruption and repression under the Ben Ali government in one of the region's most secular nations.

Free elections, a new constitution and a compromise politics between secular and Islamist parties have helped Tunisia avoid the turmoil seen in several other Arab nations. "Ennahda has changed from an ideological movement engaged in the struggle for identity, to a protest movement against the authoritarian regime, and now to a national democratic party," Ghannouchi told supporters at a rally. "We must keep religion far from political struggles." Analysts said Ennahda's reform appeared to try to distinguish itself in a region where political Islam has suffered setbacks, and also to prepare for local elections next year and presidential run in 2019.

Unlike the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt that was toppled by the Egyptian army in 2013 and isolated from political activity, Ennahda was able to survive despite initial conflict with secularists with whom it eventually shared power."Ennahda benefited and learned from the regional changes after the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, and understood well that there was no future in political Islam," analyst Jamel Arfaoui said. "Ennahda succeeded in shaping a new image for Islamists abroad, but the question remains will it be able to persuade people locally that it has changed." Ennahda, formed as a movement during the Ben Ali years and with many of its leaders imprisoned or exiled during that time, has in the past struggled with internal splits between its more moderate and conservative wings. A crisis over the murder of two opposition leaders and Ennahda's handling of hardline conservative salafist groups eventually forced the party to step aside during its first government for a caretaker administration in 2014.

Since then, Ennahda and secularists have made compromise a byword for Tunisian politics after their deal-making pulled the country out of that political confrontation, and allowed Tunisia to approve the new constitution. Tunisia President Beji Caid Essesbi welcomed the step to separate politics and religious activities, saying that Ennahda was heading in the right direction. He said the next test for Ennahda will be local elections in March 2017. "The state now respects religion and religious freedoms, contrary to the way it was in the past," he said. "Political movements should be directed toward political competition and serve the people only."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-tunisia-politics-idUSKCN0YB2NO

Last edited by Paul Ettinger on Mon May 23, 2016 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

A Beacon of Hope-Tunisian Islamists Ennahda move to separate politics, religion Empty Re: A Beacon of Hope-Tunisian Islamists Ennahda move to separate politics, religion

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 23, 2016 5:00 pm

Could you please put a few facts into your headlines?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

A Beacon of Hope-Tunisian Islamists Ennahda move to separate politics, religion Empty Re: A Beacon of Hope-Tunisian Islamists Ennahda move to separate politics, religion

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2016 5:05 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Could you please put a few facts into your headlines?

Why?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 23, 2016 6:47 pm

Paul Ettinger wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Could you please put a few facts into your headlines?

Why?

Why not? So we can decide whether we want to read them before we click the link, of course.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2016 7:08 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Paul Ettinger wrote:

Why?

Why not? So we can decide whether we want to read them before we click the link, of course.

Its had 27 views, so why would I need to change the title, just because you are a pendantic moron?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 23, 2016 7:36 pm

Paul Ettinger wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Paul Ettinger wrote:

Why?

Its had 27 views, so why would I need to change the title, just because you are a pendantic moron?

There are other reasons.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2016 7:48 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Paul Ettinger wrote:

There are other reasons.

In other words, your reasons, not mine.
If people have viewed this of which there has been many, I fail to see the point and my title is apt and why I support progressives in the world of Islam.
If you arer that bothered then, please, enforce your beliefs and change it

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon May 23, 2016 7:49 pm

To be fair Didge, we had (perhaps started by me?) a thread about thread titles a while ago.

Storm and sometimes Tommy were just writing stuff like "boot" and you clicked it only to find out it was about booting out Muslims and nothing to do with the leather variety or the chemist chain in the UK, so we asked for titles to be the title of the article etc.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2016 7:51 pm

eddie wrote:To be fair Didge, we had (perhaps started by me?) a thread about thread titles a while ago.

Storm and sometimes Tommy were just writing stuff like "boot" and you clicked it only to find out it was about booting out Muslims and nothing to do with the leather variety or the chemist chain in the UK.

Which is far removed from my title is it not?
Je wiz, I fail to see the issue, when its not a nasty title but in support of this progressive Muslim nation.
Again if you want to change it, when many have viewed then do so and stop wasting my time with daft posts

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon May 23, 2016 7:55 pm

I was explaining what had been talked about regarding thread titles.
Don't shoot the messenger,
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 23, 2016 9:08 pm

Paul Ettinger wrote:
eddie wrote:To be fair Didge, we had (perhaps started by me?) a thread about thread titles a while ago.

Storm and sometimes Tommy were just writing stuff like "boot" and you clicked it only to find out it was about booting out Muslims and nothing to do with the leather variety or the chemist chain in the UK.

Je wiz, I fail to see the issue, when its not a nasty title but in support of this progressive Muslim nation.
Again if you want to change it, when many have viewed then do so and stop wasting my time with daft posts

How many viewed who didn't care about the topic? AGAIN -- it's about helping people decide whether they're interested before they click. It's a courtesy.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2016 9:37 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Paul Ettinger wrote:

How many viewed who didn't care about the topic? AGAIN -- it's about helping people decide whether they're interested before they click. It's a courtesy.

What a load of bollocks, again I will post what title I like and if you do not like it, then tough shit.
You have completely ruined any chance of any debate, by being utterly pendantic over the fact you have the arse, on being educated on theology

Its not my fault you are as thick as shit, try educating yourself and stop ruining threads because you have your arse out of joint

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon May 23, 2016 9:45 pm

Didge.....ENOUGH now....

simmer down and stop being so bloody rude....It is a reasonable request...

we can all post with a title thats a bit uninformative or even misleading at times...

there is No need to be so rude when asked (politely at that ) to make it a bit more helpful....

what you are doing is verging on abuse again...and disruptive...
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2016 9:47 pm

Lord Foul wrote:Didge.....ENOUGH now....

simmer down and stop being so bloody rude....It is a reasonable request...

we can all post with a title thats a bit uninformative or even misleading at times...

there is No need to be so rude when asked (politely at that ) to make it a bit more helpful....

what you are doing is verging on abuse again...and disruptive...

No its not a reasonable request when he asks for curtesy and shows none by posting on here when he should have sent me a PM

He is juyst being a pendantic dick

Curtesy works both ways and when he learns to lead by example, then i will.

As I ask you, what would it have taken to actualy send a Pm and thus not spoil the thread with the countless wasted posts so far?

Principles Victor, we both live by them

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2016 9:53 pm

There, now I have changed it to make the baby happy, though next time, either he does what is proper and sends a Pm or I shall continue to treat him like the pendantic dick that he is

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon May 23, 2016 10:01 pm

but ...didge...there was no need to "go off on one"

asking you to change the title on the thread is hardly discourteous is it?

and whilst I hate to be seen as harsh...50% of the wasted posts.....are yours... A Beacon of Hope-Tunisian Islamists Ennahda move to separate politics, religion 2190311264

you could have just said ...hokay....

oh and in light of your follow on post......YOU dont get to make conditions on here....you AINT..."in charge"

AND...I have to say....THAT title is far more attention grabbing and likely to engage that attention, especially considering the lack of separation of religion and state in many islamic countries....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon May 23, 2016 10:03 pm

and in consideration of the OP...this is a good thing, the separation of church and state is vital to the progress of islam as much as it is for the rest of the world.....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2016 10:05 pm

Lord Foul wrote:but ...didge...there was no need to "go off on one"

asking you to change the title on the thread is hardly discourteous is it?

and whilst I hate to be seen as harsh...50% of the wasted posts.....are yours... A Beacon of Hope-Tunisian Islamists Ennahda move to separate politics, religion 2190311264

you could have just said ...hokay....

oh and in light of your follow on post......YOU dont get to make conditions on here....you AINT..."in charge"

AND...I have to say....THAT title is far more attention grabbing and likely to engage that attention, especially considering the lack of separation of religion and state in many islamic countries....

And there is no rules on the titles of posts.
So if you want to be really pendantic, that should be a rule then
So its being pendantic on his part.
So I can certainly challenge views that are not rules.
This is not a dictatorship and if it is, then this forum ceases to be place of discussion but a nanny state.

Again what does it take to send a Pm and thus not disrupt the thread?
Its a simple question, you did not answer

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon May 23, 2016 10:11 pm

now who's being pedantic ffs...

the matter was discussed and really shouldnt need to be a rule...

look at it this way...every thread you start needs to be "sold" to the audience...us

a descriptive headline is your "sales pitch"

come on didge...mountains out of mole hills

only good when we talk of bust sizes.......
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2016 10:16 pm

Lord Foul wrote:now who's being pedantic ffs...

the matter was discussed and really shouldnt need to be a rule...

look at it this way...every thread you start needs to be "sold" to the audience...us

a descriptive headline is your "sales pitch"

come on didge...mountains out of mole hills

only good when we talk of bust sizes.......

And you still have not answered my question

What does it take for the mod team to themselves use some savvy and not allow something to escalate, of which it can over petty silly rules, by taking this up through the PM system?

Blimey its not much to ask is it?

I am not trying to sell anything or pitch anything. It had many views, so it was not as if it had not drawn attention and to me, Ben was just being pendantic over other threads we had and he or Eddie had already changed one title of a thread without saying a thing.

Did you not Ben?

Exhibit 1)  http://www.newsfixboard.com/t16147-austria-nearly-elects-far-right-candidate-to-be-its-next-president-and-this-is-the-cause-and-effect-of-regressive-leftism

So you tell me Victor, if one was changed near the same time, why then spoil this one, when he could have just done the same?

That is why more than anything I have pulled him up

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down