NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WARNING SCAM ON PAYPAL

+4
'Wolfie
Syl
eddie
nicko
8 posters

Go down

WARNING SCAM ON PAYPAL Empty WARNING SCAM ON PAYPAL

Post by Guest Fri May 20, 2016 1:42 pm

I'm selling our nearly new bedroom furniture on Gumtree.  Had a text last night, person wanted to buy it, said he couldn't come in person as it was for a relative, he would put the money in my Paypal account, when I had it, I could give him the address for a courier to pick it up.  Had, what looked to be an authentic, email verification from Paypal that the money had been authorised, but had been doubled by mistake, so they could not put it into my account, they couldn't put it back into the original account, could I do a moneygram to him for the extra, when that was ok'd the double amount would be put into my Paypal account.

I'm just not that stupid.   Contacted Paypal (BTW, it's automated, if you want to speak to a person, just keep saying 'Operator' - eventally they put you through).   As I thought, SCAM, they are having a lot of trouble with it.   Asked me to forward all the texts, emails etc to SPOOF@paypal.co.uk, there is a big investigation going on.

So, heads up if you buy/sell online with Paypal, they don't deal with any other way of sending money, Western Union/Moneygram etc.   If that is ever mentioned, it's a scam.

Back to top Go down

WARNING SCAM ON PAYPAL Empty Re: WARNING SCAM ON PAYPAL

Post by Guest Fri May 20, 2016 2:05 pm

PayPal - Horror Stories, Lawsuits, Reviews, PayPal Problems

https://www.aboutpaypal.org
AboutPaypal.org is an Anti-Paypal website created with the sole purpose of exposing the horrors of doing business "The PayPal Way".

PayPal Complaints, PayPal Customer Service & eBay ...

www.paypalsucks.com
Welcome To PayPal Sucks Welcome to the world's largest eBay and PayPal consumer gripe site network! Have you been burned by PayPal or eBay? Join the club!

Those are just 2 examples of the listed groups that have formed due to the many years 'PayPal' problems --- SCAMS and people wanting to steal from the honest people... Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 20, 2016 2:09 pm

Good grief!!   Well that's made me vary wary.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri May 20, 2016 4:36 pm

Been dealing with Paypal for 12 yrs, no problems--------yet!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 20, 2016 4:41 pm

I use PayPal too and never had a problem but...

The other day, I got an email saying "there's money in your account"

I thought "Huh?"
Firstly, why the need to email me to tell me
Secondly, no there isn't.

Wonder if that's a scam?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri May 20, 2016 4:54 pm

Thanks for the warning.
I deal with paypal too...fingers crossed that so far I have not had any problems.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 20, 2016 5:22 pm

eddie wrote:I use PayPal too and never had a problem but...

The other day, I got an email saying "there's money in your account"

I thought "Huh?"
Firstly, why the need to email me to tell me
Secondly, no there isn't.

Wonder if that's a scam?

I got one too; $5. to reopen my account that hasn't been active since 2013...didn't even go to their link!  No thanks.  Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri May 20, 2016 5:24 pm

Suspect

I DON'T maintain a Paypal account...

On the few occasions that I've used them, I've linked to Paypal through eBay, or other dealers..

NOT maintaining accounts with them, means any suspicious emails I get would be scams, so I sometimes report them, always delete them.

AS FOR  Western Union --  considering that their biggest customer bases are purportedly scammers, money launderers, and other criminal organisations,  any unsolicited or suspicious looking material that wants payment through them, has to be a suspected scam or illegal activity from the 'get go'..         WARNING SCAM ON PAYPAL 3755771736
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 20, 2016 5:43 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Suspect

I DON'T maintain a Paypal account...

On the few occasions that I've used them, I've linked to Paypal through eBay, or other dealers..

NOT maintaining accounts with them, means any suspicious emails I get would be scams, so I sometimes report them, always delete them.

AS FOR  Western Union --  considering that their biggest customer bases are purportedly scammers, money launderers, and other criminal organisations,  any unsolicited or suspicious looking material that wants payment through them, has to be a suspected scam or illegal activity from the 'get go'..         WARNING SCAM ON PAYPAL 3755771736

Those 'NIGERIAN' con-artists have become very coy...trying to use a FBI type of logo/sign on an email but leaving their location as South African addy attachment Suspect  And with our most recent tax season dead line: there were fake phone calls/emails going out telling people that they 'OWED' money and were being fined late fees & penalties and some people fell for it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri May 20, 2016 7:07 pm

It pays to be "wise" to the ways of the internet scams....

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Syl Fri May 20, 2016 7:45 pm

People do though Stormee.
And think how many times we book into a hotel and pay a fortune to sleep in a bed that has been used by countless people. What a Face
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 20, 2016 7:51 pm

Syl wrote:People do though Stormee.
And think how many times we book into a hotel and  pay a fortune to sleep in a bed that has been used by countless people. What a Face

Ever seen one of those things under a blacklight? Nasty.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 20, 2016 7:55 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
And think how many times we book into a hotel and  pay a fortune to sleep in a bed that has been used by countless people. What a Face

Suspect Not that 'I' need to know; but if I feel like I have to check that deeply into the places that I might stay --- I won't be staying there No 
But I do haul around my own down pillows; don't leave home without them - EVER. WARNING SCAM ON PAYPAL 2385359624
LOL, but I've watched some of those '20/20' shows...and it's enough to make you haul around your own sleeping bag to crawl into while staying the night! WARNING SCAM ON PAYPAL 1191311443

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri May 20, 2016 8:17 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

No and I don't want to either.
The last hotel we stayed at (5 star) didn't have pillow protectors, I avoided looking in detail in case I found suspicious looking stains. The linen looked spotless though.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri May 20, 2016 9:19 pm

Same scam with certified or cashiers checks. Over amount, asks for refund or to pay other accounts.

Then, turns out cashier's check is just a forged copy.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down