NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Cameron’s barber awarded an MBE for 'services to hairdressing'

Go down

David Cameron’s barber awarded an MBE for 'services to hairdressing'  Empty David Cameron’s barber awarded an MBE for 'services to hairdressing'

Post by Guest Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:03 pm

David Cameron’s barber awarded an MBE for 'services to hairdressing'  Lino-Carbosiero-2995444

Honoured: Lino Carbosiero
Facebook
David Cameron’s hairdresser was given a gong in last week’s New Year’s Honours list, it emerged today.

Lino Carbosiero was awarded an MBE for “services to hairdressing”.

The surprise award comes three years after he moved the Prime Minister’s side parting from left to right, sparking ridicule in the Commons.

Mr Cameron allegedly went to see the superstar crimper on the orders of his wife Samantha.

The PM is just one of a long line of rich and famous celebrities who use Mr Carbosiero, a former X Factor “style director”.

Britain’s Got Talent judge Amanda Holden has described him as “the Godfather of hairdressing”.

He is also pals with Jason Donovan, Philip Schofield and I’m A Celbrity hosts Ant and Dec.

His clients include Sir Paul McCartney, Lily Allen and Zara Phillips.

Mr Schofield said: “Lino’s been cutting my hair for such a long time now that he’s one of the family.

“He’s seen me through the brown day’s and the grey day’s and I wouldn’t trust my cut to anyone else.”

Another celebrity pal, Kelly Osbourne, said: “If you live in the UK and want a great hair cut go to Lino Carbosiero at Daniel Galvin he has been doing mine and my mum’s hair for 20 years.”

On Mr Carbosiero’s website he is described as an “internationally renowned stylist”.

It adds that “his talent, skill and eye for detail have been acknowledged by the many famous actors, musicians, models and other celebrities who have beaten a path to his door”.

Mr Carbosiero said he had no idea about the gong.

He said: “I was shocked and panicked. I didn’t expect the letter so I thought I hadn’t paid my tax.”

He added that celebs used him because he did not gossip.

Mr Carbosiero said: “They [the clients] have to trust you.

"I have been in situations where people have talked about things and I’ve not blinked an eyelid,” he says. “I don’t blab and I’m respected for it.”

He even appeared in the Jason Donovan videos for the hit singles for ‘Any Dream will do’, ‘Go,Go,Go Joseph’ and ‘When you come back to me’.

The Prime Minister's official spokesman said: "There is an independent process for decisions around honours."

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/david-camerons-barber-lino-carbosiero-2995453#ixzz2pe9Wh8At
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

lol! lol! lol! 

Back to top Go down

David Cameron’s barber awarded an MBE for 'services to hairdressing'  Empty Re: David Cameron’s barber awarded an MBE for 'services to hairdressing'

Post by Guest Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:44 pm

Oh, I bet people who have got the MBE for something worthwhile are thrilled!

Back to top Go down

David Cameron’s barber awarded an MBE for 'services to hairdressing'  Empty Re: David Cameron’s barber awarded an MBE for 'services to hairdressing'

Post by Guest Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:53 pm

Sassy wrote:Oh, I bet people who have got the MBE for something worthwhile are thrilled!

I used to have a side parting, many years ago when i had a bit more hair  Laughing ..I changed it from right to left and i did it all by myself, you just train your hair to go that way and don't need a hairdresser to brush it that way for you!  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:38 pm

just debases the whole thing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:46 pm

grumpy old git wrote:just debases the whole thing

Just get rid of the whole thing imo!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down