NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Read What This Children's Hospital Physician Wrote About A Scared And Worried Grandma He Met

Go down

Read What This Children's Hospital Physician Wrote About A Scared And Worried Grandma He Met  Empty Read What This Children's Hospital Physician Wrote About A Scared And Worried Grandma He Met

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:35 pm

I have the utmost respect for people who choose to work at a children's hospital.
A physician recently shared a story on Facebook about a family he met that made him realize he found his purpose in life. This is what he wrote...

Read What This Children's Hospital Physician Wrote About A Scared And Worried Grandma He Met  Ubzk6-doctor-story-of-love-lg
BBC

Yesterday I went to see a little girl who is seriously ill and in pain at work. Only the patient and her frail grandmom were in the room. Grandmom is from the Philippines and her English was enough to communicate. I introduced myself and told grandmom that I too am a grandparent, I'm a PopPop. We spoke and I assured her that I will do everything I can to ensure her granddaughter is resting comfortably. As we spoke I could see that she was tearing up, scared, afraid and started to tremble. I went around the bed and hugged her. She squeezed me as tight as she could. I wasn't going to be the first who stopped hugging. We must have hugged for 5 minutes. Finally, she stopped an looked up at me with her tears rolling down her face. I again told her I will take special care of her granddaughter and she call on me day or night. She looked me in the eye, thanked me, smiled and said "you are a PopPop." She hugged me again, this time with a sense of relief and relaxation. Well my friends, that moment sums up why we do what we do. That was my home run with 2 outs in the ninth, my Masters moment, my moment to know what it is to be a complete human being. It doesn't get better than that.

Read more at http://www.sunnyskyz.com/blog/1429/Read-What-This-Children-s-Hospital-Physician-Wrote-About-A-Scared-And-Worried-Grandma-He-Met#qcPtFLdPIlCYi5zu.99

Medical Professionals really have to wear many hats within their roles, where not only that you are constantly surrounded by people unwell, anxious, upset etc. You have to hold your hand up to many of them, where by this one simply gesture helped calm the family.

Back to top Go down