NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liz Kendall Slams ‘Sexism’ Of The Hard Left, Says She Was ‘Targeted’ Because She Is A Woman

Go down

Liz Kendall Slams ‘Sexism’ Of The Hard Left, Says She Was ‘Targeted’ Because She Is A Woman Empty Liz Kendall Slams ‘Sexism’ Of The Hard Left, Says She Was ‘Targeted’ Because She Is A Woman

Post by Guest Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:25 am

Labour MP Liz Kendall has spoken out about “misogyny on the hard left” and the criticisms she faces as a woman in politics. Ms Kendall, 44, described the “sexist“ abuse she has received as a female MP, and how people highlight the fact she does not have any children. The MP for Leicester West told the Sunday Times Magazine that she was targeted for being a woman, using examples of when she ran for the Labour leadership last year. A t the time, Ms Kendall’s campaign hit out at rivals highlighting the fact she had no children, amid further rumours that she was in a relationship with recently divorced Labour MP John Woodcock, The Press Association reported.

Describing the insults she has been subjected to on Twitter, she said: “There’s a lot of old-fashioned misogyny on the hard left; you’ve only got to look at the comments about me during the leadership campaign. “I was called a bitch, a whore, a see-you-next-Tuesday, as they say on Towie. All because my political views weren’t the same as theirs. I didn’t like doing it, but sometimes I did retweet them, just because I wanted to make a point and say ‘women shouldn’t have to put up with this’.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/liz-kendall-labour-sexism_uk_570a3838e4b0ae22c1dfeaeb?utm_hp_ref=uk

Back to top Go down

Liz Kendall Slams ‘Sexism’ Of The Hard Left, Says She Was ‘Targeted’ Because She Is A Woman Empty Re: Liz Kendall Slams ‘Sexism’ Of The Hard Left, Says She Was ‘Targeted’ Because She Is A Woman

Post by Guest Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:28 am

What a load of bollocks.  People didn't like her, she's too up herself and they didn't like what she was saying and proposing.

Back to top Go down